Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days (5956 Views)

I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Guys, I am going to represent atheism for some hours/days. I'd like you to throw in any question which you feel our resident atheists have failed to deal with. Or concepts of the theism which you believe destroys atheism completely.
Theists, atheists, pantheists, deists, panentheists, fideists, etc., are invited.

This section must be lively again.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Lol. By fire by force.

I will be a Christian.

So why are you an atheist?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
This is how they start and next thing we know is devil takes total control of their lives and gradually causes them to slip from their spiritual stronghold next thing we hear they get frustrated with everything about life and die like one frustrated bush fowl. cheesy undecided

"For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good."
Psalms 14:1 (New International Version)
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
for once in your deluded life stop accusing the Devil for Man's actions, even Jesus did not do that.. Jeezz! undecided
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
aManFromMars: Lol. By fire by force.

I will be a Christian.

So why are you an atheist?
Lol. In my search for the truth, I came to the discovery that their is no sky daddy up there.

What I did was to compare the quality attributed to god(on purpose) by every existent faith with the outcome evident in the real world. On every side I looked I perceived the stench of contradictions.

Then I searched and looked further with my microscopic prism into the origin of our and all became clear. I discovered science. Where theism failed, science bridged the gap effectively.

I didn't embrace atheism really because of the contradictions of theism alone but also because of its inability to prove that any of the contradicting sides is possibly true.
You can ask for clarifications.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
lomomike: This is how they start and next thing we know is devil takes total control of their lives and gradually causes them to slip from their spiritual stronghold next thing we hear they get frustrated with everything about life and die like one frustrated bush fowl. cheesy undecided
You are the exact evidence of the contradiction I pointed out to aManFromMars.
How can you claim to love god yet wish harm on somebody, even if a fool? Is this what Jesus preached?

lomomike:
"For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good."
Psalms 14:1 (New International Version)
This is absolutely a wrong teaching.
Even in my atheism I think I understand your Bible better than you do.
I expected questions but since you offered none let me ask you one.
If one who doesn't believe in god is a fool and will surely die in his wicked ways, what's the point of preaching the gospel?
Don't you think it would be silly to preach to those who already believe or otherwise?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Reyginus:
Lol. In my search for the truth, I came to the discovery that their is no sky daddy up there.
What truth were you in search of? How did you come to the realization that you had been living a lie? How could that which you once held dearly lose its value to you?

Reyginus:
What I did was to compare the quality attributed to god(on purpose) by every existent faith with the outcome evident in the real world. On every side I looked I perceived the stench of contradictions.
I'm sure what you did was lose focus on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, not theirs but ours. You lost focus and didn't take heed to Paul's admonishment to us in Hebrews 12:1-2

“Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Reyginus:
Then I searched and looked further with my microscopic prism into the origin of our and all became clear. I discovered science. Where theism failed, science bridged the gap effectively.
You summarize too quickly my dear. In the Book of Genesis, the Lord gave man dominion over all his created things. Man even had the privilege of naming the animals. Did that make man God? Was it Adam that created those animals?

Science is a means of observation of that which has been created by God. Man is able to create because God has imbued in us his creative mind, a mind for excellence and wisdom. Science should lead you the creator, not away from him.

Reyginus:
I didn't embrace atheism really because of the contradictions of theism alone but also because of its inability to prove that any of the contradicting sides is possibly true.
God has nothing to prove to you dear. He owes you no such obligation. Deal with that.

phew!!! almost got re-converted. grin grin grin
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
lol

Nice one, Reyginius
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by texanomaly(f): 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
wow...impressive...I've wanted to do that to LB, in reverse, for some time, but I'm chicken... cool
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly: wow...impressive...I've wanted to do that to LB, in reverse, for some time, but I'm chicken... cool

I dont understand....is it that you want to become an atheist for some time or you want me to become a christian for some time?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by WHees(m): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
@lomomike... Who is director of music?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

That is what it says in the bible......I also wonder who the director is...
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by texanomaly(f): 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont understand....is it that you want to become an atheist for some time or you want me to become a christian for some time?

You want to become a Christian?!! Josh, did you hear that?! All your hard work has paid off...

Oh, wait...sigh...I misread it... sad

No...I want to tell you how wrong you are, and see you happy... smiley
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
texanomaly:

You want to become a Christian?!! Josh, did you hear that?! All your hard work has paid off...

Oh, wait...sigh...I misread it... sad

No...I want to tell you how wrong you are, and see you happy... smiley

lol
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
WHξξ∟s:
King David. I'd rather advice you to start studying the bible and also pray and attend a good church. smiley
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
aManFromMars:
What truth were you in search of?
I turned my searchlight to the origin of the universe.

The composition of peptides and polypeptides serving for the make-up of primates and other Animalae couldn't have come by chance.

I was concerned on unravelling the puzzle for myself.
aManFromMars:
How did you come to the realization that you had been living a lie?
It took years. Like the realization of so many, it developed gradually. There were times I doubted my belief system but the timid and irrational part of me looked wrongly on the face of the truth.
I have been considering the creation story, the omniscient of god, the inbreeding of Genesis and the contradiction in Deutronomy, his reason for giving us a freewill when he could have made us to will freely good things?

My findings on the former surprised me. How could anyone believe that the entire universe was set in 6days. That moment I felt paralyzed, weak, and rejected by the intellectual world.

Science has proof that the earth is 13billion years old. The emperical evidence can never be relegated for the abstract and unreal to hold.
aManFromMars:
How could that which you once held dearly lose its value to you?
[/quote]My christain brother, get this right, I followed theism initially because I thought I was deluded to believe it was the truth.

What I hold in higher value must be true, if it is not, then the values I placed it in the first place were not necessary and evil. I exhault truth, a good, above every value.
aManFromMars:
I'm sure what you did was lose focus on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, not theirs but ours. You lost focus and didn't take heed to Paul's admonishment to us in Hebrews 12:1-2
I think if he had not lost focus on me I wouldn't have offered him the same service.
For friendship or any union to make sense it must be mutual in the real sense of the word.
You can only know that a thing is true and in existence when it is really in existence.
aManFromMars:
“Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

The above has been showned not to be true. It only promises what it has not offered and you christains are afraid to recognize it. Again how can you be so sure that he is at the right hand of god, when the qualities describing god's existence is not true, talk more god.
aManFromMars:
You summarize too quickly my dear. In the Book of Genesis, the Lord gave man dominion over all his created things. Man even had the privilege of naming the animals. Did that make man God?
Was it Adam that created those animals?
You are still assuming that I am your brother in christ. The creation story is a white lie.
Some christains have even gone as far as tagging it symbolic because they cannot bear the shame anymore.
aManFromMars:
Science is a means of observation of that which has been created by God. Man is able to create because God has imbued in us his creative mind, a mind for excellence and wisdom. Science should lead you the creator, not away from him.
Lol. Science is not just a means of observation, it is also a method of inquiry. Leaving it like that will only create gaps in its establishment of truths.

I also think it is the other way round. God blocks man's desire to inquire or research more. Where Religion fails to transcend it fills in god in the gap. That's really appalling. Science on the otherhand tries to find out the reason why any entity is so structured.

aManFromMars:
God has nothing to prove to you dear. He owes you no such obligation. Deal with that.
phew!!! almost got re-converted. grin grin grin
Lolol. I'm not asking too much. If god can give me a reason to punish me on his last day for not worshipping him, when there is no proof, I'd be satified.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Guys c'mon!!
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 07, 2013
Time is running out, guys. I hope all is well.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 07, 2013
Reyginus: Time is running out, guys. I hope all is well.

Explain why you dont believe in Yaweh, Mr new atheist
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Explain why you dont believe in Yaweh, Mr new atheist
Lol.
Repeating the same question muskeeto asked. But I will still answer you.

Before we believe that anything is true we must first be certain that it exists. We can only know that it exists if we can find its qualities absolutely replicated with non-contradiction in a perceivable entity.

Yahweh is neither perceivable nor non-contradicting with his qualities. A stone cannot exist if what is available contradicts the properties attributed to a stone.
So, Yahweh is only a figment of your imagination.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 07, 2013
Reyginus: Lol.
Repeating the same question muskeeto asked. But I will still answer you.

Before we believe that anything is true we must first be certain that it exists. We can only know that it exists if we can find its qualities absolutely replicated with non-contradiction in a perceivable entity.

Yahweh is neither perceivable nor non-contradicting with his qualities. A stone cannot exist if what is available contradicts the properties attributed to a stone.
So, Yahweh is only a figment of your imagination.

2/10

Only a "pretend" atheist could give this answer. The bold doesnt make sense. I would be like stating that quantum particles do not exist because they have properties that contradict our basic knowledge

A simple and concise answer would be to simply say that there is no evidence for God.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

2/10

Only a "pretend" atheist could give this answer. The bold doesnt make sense. I would be like stating that quantum particles do not exist because they have properties that contradict our basic knowledge

A simple and concise answer would be to simply say that there is no evidence for God.
Lol. Wetin I do this boy na. Even wen I turn atheist him still dey attack me like this.
I don't think you get that point. Let me brief you.

Assuming that chemical composition of a stone is Silicon, Oxygen, Calcium, Phosphurus, with little percentage of other impurities. A physical property of say, tetragonal structure, grey in colour, rough in appearance, without the ability for electrical nor thermal conductance.

Lb, we can only call anything with these properties a stone. A material with different composition, even little, only seems to be a stone because it is not. A seeming thing cannot be the original.

To bring it home. Now take the qualities you theists, lol, attribute to Yahweh like, omniscient, all-knowing, and most perfect and bringer of good.
He has not been able to follow consistently these qualities attributed to him. Because if he is all that, he wouldn't brag in the same book that called him good, of his employment of evil as a weapon.

Those two qualities cannot match. He is not even close to seeming them. He cannot be what is being described. The description is highly preposterous.

Quantum physics will only not exist if it contradicts quantum physics. I don't know if you get me.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by mumumugu(m): 11:20am On Dec 07, 2013
If thy die now in an atheist state,thou shall be condemned to hell
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 07, 2013
mumumugu: If thy die now in an atheist state,thou shall be condemned to hell
Lol. Is it the hell that has not be prooven to exist?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Mintayo(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Is it the hell that has not be prooven to exist?
Loooolcheesy
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 07, 2013
Mintayo:
Loooolcheesy
Lol. You have any question for the new atheist convert?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 07, 2013
Reyginius, nice try....but you dont argue like an atheist......
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Reyginius, nice try....but you dont argue like an atheist......
Lol. I don't think athesm should have a specific pattern of argument.
What I think matters is how an atheist arrives at the truth. My own atheism doesn't flow with the crowd mentality.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. I don't think athesm should have a specific pattern of argument.
What I think matters is how an atheist arrives at the truth. My own atheism doesn't flow with the crowd mentality.

Nice...I think I should have said "sensible atheist"

You dont argue like a sensible atheist.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nice...I think I should have said "sensible atheist"

You dont argue like a sensible atheist.

I understand perfectly what you mean in this case.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
Reyginus: I understand perfectly what you mean in this case.

You dont. You feel that I am insinuating some kind of group think.

You think your atheism is so new and unique

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? / A Question From Seun To Atheists, Christians And Muslims / Beware Of Your Idols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.