Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,340 members, 7,957,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days (6071 Views)

I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by kasbeats(m): 12:54am On Dec 13, 2013
Manhunterâ„¢:
As an atheist, you have no true purpose in life as you are just a random occurrence. What gives you the drive to keep on living this meaningless life?
MY RELIGION,THE PROMISE OF GOOD TIDINGS IN THE AFTERLIFE IF I.......naw d problem is almost evry major religion has something that convince their practising followers...many even see revelations of and from deir patriarchs,...am i d only one or is it wired in humans to see and feel "heavenly" stuffs,circuits to which religions have activation formulae....P=IV at the same time equal to I^2R...likewise buddhist meditation(IV) opens "heavenly" perception(P) ,christian prayers (I^2R)do exactly d same with only faith(I) being common to both..........or am i gonna run mad finding dis God truth sef ..the more i search the more reason i see not to believe in any...the way to God,i vnt felt independently...dose that have felt it,have contradicting stories....WHAT THE Bleep IS DIS BLEEPING WORLD...WHY DID I COME SEF?LORD,IF U REALLY ARE,PLEASE CONVINCE ME O LORD.....Before i finally decide to jes LIVE AND LET LIVE......Pffeeeww
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 13, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. Jokes apart. How would you want me to define it?

did i write d dictionary? do it as dictionary did it. all of it.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by raptureready: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2013
@kasbeats

Hmm...

Some prayer that is. For your sake, I hope God reads posts on nairaland... grin grin

Truth is, in order to experience God, through Jesus Christ, you have to be sincerely born again - not just playing church...

Mix that in with faith, and you will experience God, and those doubts will disappear.

The question is - are you really born again? If so, hang some faith in there and take that prayer to God personally.

You'll get your own personal story.

Hang in there, K?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2013
thehomer:

Final questions? Really? Have you forgotten the questions I asked that you didn't answer but instead started asking me some irrelevant questions?

grin grin

What a joke. I guess you've finally seen the questions that scare you.
Lol. Another miss. I was to end on wednesday but I choose to add one day.

On a serious note, I think being an atheist is easier. The only difficult question I encountered must have been the fine-tuning argument by Manhunter. I would have replied by asctibing it to Natural Selection, but, I reconsidered.

Natural Selection experiences change in the building of simpler blocks of existence to their respective complexities. So it cannot be causeless and if it is not, it cannot be uncaused. There should be a reason why Natural Selection is happening. It cannot be because of Natural Selection. The 'why' or to put it better 'cause' held me back.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 14, 2013
JMAN05:

did i write d dictionary? do it as dictionary did it. all of it.
Lol. Which of them?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by thehomer: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Another miss. I was to end on wednesday but I choose to add one day.

On a serious note, I think being an atheist is easier. The only difficult question I encountered must have been the fine-tuning argument by Manhunter. I would have replied by asctibing it to Natural Selection, but, I reconsidered.

Natural Selection experiences change in the building of simpler blocks of existence to their respective complexities. So it cannot be causeless and if it is not, it cannot be uncaused. There should be a reason why Natural Selection is happening. It cannot be because of Natural Selection. The 'why' or to put it better 'cause' held me back.

Hey whatever floats your boat man. All I saw was someone finding it difficult to maintain a facade after blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Don't worry, I understood your fears I simply made you more aware of them.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
thehomer:

Hey whatever floats your boat man. All I saw was someone finding it difficult to maintain a facade after blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Don't worry, I understood your fears I simply made you more aware of them.
Lol. You still miss the point. Try again!
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Which of them?

Sir, when you are serious, we talk.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2013
JMAN05:

Sir, when you are serious, we talk.
Please stop this feigning of anger when you know you can be better by explaining to me what you are talking about.

The thread is over, by the way.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by thehomer: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You still miss the point. Try again!

You're welcome to enlighten me by answering the questions I presented to you here. Try not to run or dodge but answer them directly.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
thehomer:

You're welcome to enlighten me by answering the questions I presented to you here. Try not to run or dodge but answer them directly.
I fear for people who already have a mindset made-up on what to agree on but still questions it even after agreeing. Read between these lines.

Create a thread. I'm through with this one.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by ooman(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Another miss. I was to end on wednesday but I choose to add one day.

The 'why' is because nothing is constant or perfect in nature, everything changes and so, only the best fitted and only the most stable continue

The 'cause' is the constant process of change, which is evolution.

@bold - its true, its very easy to be an atheist because god is easy to drop.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
ooman:

The 'why' is because nothing is constant or perfect in nature, everything changes and so, only the best fitted and only the most stable continue

The 'cause' is the constant process of change, which is evolution.

@bold - its true, its very easy to be an atheist because god is easy to drop.
I don't understand your first two paragraphs.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by thehomer: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Reyginus: I fear for people who already have a mindset made-up on what to agree on but still questions it even after agreeing. Read between these lines.

Create a thread. I'm through with this one.

From your recent comments, it looks like you're not yet through. Anyway, I already had a thread going on a related topic here. You're welcome to add your own insights.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 17, 2013
thehomer:

From your recent comments, it looks like you're not yet through. Anyway, I already had a thread going on a related topic here. You're welcome to add your own insights.
I think a better suited thread will do. The thread in question is questioning the goodness of God and not his intent for committing genocide. Hope you know they are not on the same pedestal.

There is always an intent but determining whether it is good is another thing. I can get away easily with that thread when If I can answer by saying we bargained for intent and not goodness, but I don't want to. You can only protest that I am neglecting if it is good even when it is clear you never included it in your demands.

So for your own good, and the good of the argument it would well to define it properly from the outset.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by thehomer: 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
Reyginus: I think a better suited thread will do. The thread in question is questioning the goodness of God and not his intent for committing genocide. Hope you know they are not on the same pedestal.

There is always an intent but determining whether it is good is another thing. I can get away easily with that thread when If I can answer by saying we bargained for intent and not goodness, but I don't want to. You can only protest that I am neglecting if it is good even when it is clear you never included it in your demands.

So for your own good, and the good of the argument it would well to define it properly from the outset.

His goodness is what I was also questioning here but again remember that you were the one who brought up this intent business not me. Since you wanted a new thread, here it is. You're welcome to address his intentions and goodness in that thread too.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
thehomer:

His goodness is what I was also questioning here but again remember that you were the one who brought up this intent business not me. Since you wanted a new thread, here it is. You're welcome to address his intentions and goodness in that thread too.
Seen.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by ooman(m): 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Reyginus: I don't understand your first two paragraphs.

its self explanatory, what exactly dont you get?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
ooman:

its self explanatory, what exactly dont you get?
Lol. I understand now, I focused on the bold. But your answer is not saying anything new. It is still begging the repeating the problem in another manner.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by ooman(m): 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
which bold and what repeating question? I understand the answer is nothing new, but how it eludes you is surprising!
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
ooman: which bold and what repeating question? I understand the answer is nothing new, but how it eludes you is surprising!
Lol. ooman, we are not quarelling yet. Please, kpele, biko, abeg.

I hope this doesn't derail the thread.
This is what I mean. My problem with Natural Selection as encapsulated in that post was that, it cannot explain how things are designed. It only appears to be a name given to the structure of things as they appear.

You response was that it is the cause of Evolution and the constant process of change. If you look carefully you'd notice that the statement as presented by you appears to be tautological. It uses the question to answer itself. We know evolution happens because of natural selection. Your answer is simply put as, Natural selection determines how things are structured because of Natural Selection. Correct me I am wrong.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. ooman, we are not quarelling yet. Please, kpele, biko, abeg.

This is what I mean. My problem with Natural Selection as encapsulated in that post was that, it cannot explain how things are designed. It only appears to be a name given to the structure of things as they appear.

You response was that it is the cause of Evolution and the constant process of change. If you look carefully you'd notice that the statement as presented by you appears to be tautological. It uses the question to answer itself. We know evolution happens because of natural selection. Your answer is simply put as, Natural selection determines how things are structured because of Natural Selection. Correct me I am wrong.

"my problem with bread is that bread doesnt taste like tea"

Natural selection is not there to explain how things are designed just as bread is not there to taste like tea......

Natural selection explains how animals survive and change- nature favours animals with traits better suited to their environment

Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

"my problem with bread is that bread doesnt taste like tea"

Natural selection is not there to explain how things are designed just as bread is not there to taste like tea......

Natural selection explains how animals survive and change- nature favours animals with traits better suited to their environment

Exactly my point. I agree with this dude for once.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
Reyginus: Exactly my point. I agree with this dude for once.

grin grin grin
Nice......real smooth. cheesy cheesy
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin
Nice......real smooth. cheesy cheesy
Lol. Happy sunday.
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by ooman(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. ooman, we are not quarelling yet. Please, kpele, biko, abeg.

Yes you are wrong. Correctly put would be: Natural selection determines how things are structured because of the constant process of change.

It's as simple as that. The fact of the constancy of change is the cause of new things, and natural selection is the sustainer of the better ones.

Hope this works
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

Yes you are wrong. Correctly put would be: Natural selection determines how things are structured because of the constant process of change.

It's as simple as that. The fact of the constancy of change is the cause of new things, and natural selection is the sustainer of the better ones.
Hope this works
No. It still doesn't work. The problem is, what causes this constant process of change?
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by ooman(m): 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Reyginus: No. It still doesn't work. The problem is, what causes this constant process of change?

imperfection, lack of purpose if you will, or we can start talking about mutations and chemical instability. Natural forces like pressure etc are the reason for chemical reactions, and mistakes causes mutation. Now you may want to ask what causes mutation again, then its because cell's copy mechanisms aren't perfect, or ask why pressure and the like initiate chemical reactions, its because chemicals react when they are not stable so they can be relieve the stress on them and remain in equilibrium. Nuclear reaction is another topic entirely where quantum physics explain the causes. Still, the general concept of a chemical reaction has been extended to non-chemical reactions between entities smaller than atoms, including nuclear reactions, radioactive decays, and reactions between elementary particles as described by quantum field theory.
There is no room for an uncaused cause. Stability is what nature lacks, should nature be stable, there will be no need or cause for new forms, so instability as brought about by pressure, temperature etc can as well be said to be a cause. Constant motion of particles can also be said to be a cause.

It all depends on the context and your purview
Re: I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 23, 2013
ooman:

imperfection, lack of purpose if you will, or we can start talking about mutations and chemical instability. Natural forces like pressure etc are the reason for chemical reactions, and mistakes causes mutation. Now you may want to ask what causes mutation again, then its because cell's copy mechanisms aren't perfect, or ask why pressure and the like initiate chemical reactions, its because chemicals react when they are not stable so they can be relieve the stress on them and remain in equilibrium. Nuclear reaction is another topic entirely where quantum physics explain the causes. Still, the general concept of a chemical reaction has been extended to non-chemical reactions between entities smaller than atoms, including nuclear reactions, radioactive decays, and reactions between elementary particles as described by quantum field theory.
There is no room for an uncaused cause. Stability is what nature lacks, should nature be stable, there will be no need or cause for new forms, so instability as brought about by pressure, temperature etc can as well be said to be a cause. Constant motion of particles can also be said to be a cause.

It all depends on the context and your purview
I don't want to derail this thread. But on a serious note, you still didn't say something new. Why do chemicals do these things is the question. Where they caused to do it and by what? If they are not caused, does that mean they are uncaused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse / #20,000 Tithe And Offering For Nairalander: Season 3 / What Is Expected Of A Minister's (pastor) Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.