Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,816 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (132198 Views)

Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by pluto04(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2008
@poster

My advice is:

If you're going to Sweden, try as much as possible to have living expense that will cover the duration of your course. Your school will advice you about this amount. Education in Sweden is free. And you'll also get a work permit with your student visa. You'll need to prove to the Swedish migration board that you have money to support yourself (feeding, accomodation and books) before you get the visa. Although you get a work permit, it is very difficult to get work. So if you're thinking of supporting yourself by working, you've got to think well about this. There are lots of Nigerian students in Sweden. The education is free and the standard is high. Most Nigerian students (just like other foreign students) support themself by cleaning restaurants and distributing newspapers. However, it is very difficult to get this kind of job (as with all jobs in Sweden). It is very competitive. If you've got very little money before going to Sweden for studies, it is very easy to become stranded!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by shawn123: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2008
if education is free in Sweden, then why cant one get the degree online then. the truth is i know alot of people working in the states and U.K , i work in NIgeria and i do alot better than them. I can afford to go on vacation to the U.K or states like twice a year and my friend has to save for like 3 to 4 years to come to Nigeria. Funny ,
Fellow Nigerians, if you can check out getting your degree on line its the same damn certificate as attending or going to the u.k .Get some education and return home and live a good life.
Back then in Atlanta, i passed a burial ground and saw a coffin being lowered into the ground and guess what, only a man and a little girl attended (probably a husband and daughter), Dont understand their way of life. But something i do know is they have better security, light and water but that is all, am happier home, home is annoying, home is frustrating like chinua Achebe said but home is always home funny for me its better standard of living

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by elliex20: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
sweden is beautiful, very clean, very safe, amenities are very good, system is very functional, standard of living is quite high with high taxes. The people live well
In many of the smaller towns, it is not very common for them to see a black man, so if you got admitted in any of these schools, don't be surprised with the way they stare at you. It is like the way Africans stared at the white man when he first came to Africa.
In bigger cities like stockholm, goteborg, malmo, there are many nigerians. I heard of their exploits in goteborg. Not 419, but with the swedish gals. Nigerians have a bad record with morals there. got to go, library is closing

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by shotster50(m): 2:37am On Oct 04, 2008
It is really funny how this post like some other posts i have seen, has degenrated into Nigerians @ Home Vs Nigeria In Diaspora. On  the issue of coming abroad, I have never and will never regret coming abroad. The day I went to the UK embassy and got my Visa, was the day I became a Man.  Going into a venture is always fraught with risks,  be it staying in Nigeria or coming abroad.

The point i am trying to make is that we all are different. Some people are made to come abroad and discover their gifts/talent and some people come and realise that they are better off back home. You CANNOT tell ayone not to go abroad. If they can, let them. I will never trade my place here for anything in Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by promise2(f): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2008
Hi Chosen,

i am doing fine. Thank you. I am applying to sweden, Finland and Norway.
Any of the countries i get admission, i go with that.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2009
does it mean that one can use only
waec or neco result to gain an undergraduate
admission to/in sweden?

so we do not need any other or extra qualifications
to apply for undergraduate course?

wot does officially certified copies stamped n signed
by an official authority mean?

pls urgent replies
thx
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by cvibe: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ ceasy

Means it must be authenticated by their embassy as being genuine.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by azpunpin: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2009
Hello fellow Nairalanders,

What are the process of applying for a sweden student visa. I am a novice to this, but i will be glad if you can put me through. I got admission to University of Goteborg last year but don`t know what to do because they did not send me any admission letter. I need someone to put me through because i have applied again this Year. Please, can someone put me through.

1LuV
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by umbawo(m): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ceasyc
wat they mean wit certified copies are stuffs like ur transcript from ur sch esp for persons going for post graduate degrees.ur sch is to send it directly to studera.com

I stay in sweden for like 4 years now . Completed my studies in engineering last two years and got a job *NOT WIT MY MASTERS DEGREE OOOO*
School fees will be introduced in 2010. so rush for ur admission and entry .
Life hia is cheap compared to denmark cos the jobs are really not available. Good luck to all ya applying for admision, wink
one love

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 10:00am On Jan 20, 2009
@umbawo
thx
i tot as much but some ppl are giving me rubbish answers hia
well thx 2 dem 4 trying 2 help
but no good @ all
i asked my lawyer cuz and he said d same tin u just stated

i lived in stockholm with my ex in 98 n 99
too cold but beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
had my daughter in danderyds hospital, sweden in 98
havent been bk there since 99

love to also take dat big boat/ship from sweden to finland again
just wow n marvelousssssssssssssssssssssss dat is
have u done that?
hope dey still run dat 1
prefered it to flying 2 finland
try it

wud luv 2 cum visit again or sch there by God's grace

u takia now
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by umbawo(m): 6:17am On Jan 23, 2009
@ ceaasyc,
i have not done that boat trip from stockhom b4 but i havd taken a cruise boat from Aalgborg to copenhagen in denmark . its abt 4 hours trip and how scared i was esp wit the picture of titanic in my head,
i just wished the trip ended in say 1 hour.
malmo , where i stay is like 2 degrees below stokholm becos its in the south of sweden ,
Well its fun in sweden , cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by steeee(m): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2009
does it mean that one can use only
waec or neco result to gain an undergraduate
admission to/in sweden?

Yes and probabaly with IELTS OR TOFEL

so we do not need any other or extra qualifications
to apply for undergraduate course

Y6u also submit your Secoundary Schools Results or Transist for all your stay in College

wot does officially certified copies stamped n signed
by an official authority mean?

Certified copies must be Singned by a Notary Public with his Full names and address and phone number or a High court Judge

If you have any other clarification or assistance as how to apply i will be help

And you have to apply now www.studera.nu

steps to be taken

1. your create and account with your email and password to login
2. serach for cousrse or programme of interest
3. your apply
4. send supportind documents to tha address provided in the website

best wishes

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by raregem004: 9:47am On Jan 23, 2009
I have done the application,the next hurdle to jump is the visa application.Pls can some give me a step by step guidance to how i can go about it,cos i know that i wud get my admission letter.A SURE LINK WUD DO.

@UMBAWO
I SENT U A MAIL BUT NO REPLY
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by umbawo(m): 12:47am On Jan 24, 2009
Admission for admission into swedish schs closed last week , on the 15th.

@raregem, i have just replied u
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by raregem004: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2009
I have also sent u a mail
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2009
@steeee
ta mate
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by khunleah: 11:57am On Feb 06, 2009
Please, has one get a notification msg abt this year admission, will they send mail that document sent has been receive?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by promise2(f): 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2009
yes the school has sent me mail that the have received my application and documents. so when the receive your document the will alert you.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by invest2009: 6:20am On Feb 11, 2009
promise2:

yes the school has sent me mail that the have received my application and documents. so when the receive your document the will alert you.

Hi promise, long time!The school(s) i applied to havn't sent me an aknowledgment mail yet ooooo, am begining to get worried . . .
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by invest2009: 6:20am On Feb 11, 2009
Hi promise, long time!The school(s) i applied to havn't sent me an aknowledgment mail yet ooooo, am begining to get worried . . .
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 1:10am On Feb 19, 2009
hi y'all
i posted my docs to the sch on d 2nd wk
of january
but d sch has not replied yet
is it too early to panic?
how long does it take 4 dem to acknowledge
dat dey received d docs or u have been admitted or not?

and wot does studera mean by
"Mid-July
Notification of selection results 1"

thx
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2009
no worries y'all
i missed d msg on studera
dey got my docs since jan
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,
can anyone throw more light on how to fill the application for student residence permit and is it compulsory that we include a "permit to reside in another country" as stated in the Appendix A. Moreso can anyone guide me through how to work out a health insurance? Urgent reply needed pleeeeeaaassee, embarassed undecided lipsrsealed

Four steps to achievement:Plan purposefully.Prepare prayerfully.
Proceed positively.Pursue persistently.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceez: 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
@nethacker
Hi Nairalanders,
  can anyone throw more light on how to fill the application for student residence permit and is it compulsory that we include a "permit to reside in another country" as stated in the Appendix A.  Moreso can anyone guide me through how to work out a health insurance? Urgent reply needed pleeeeeaaassee, 

Write me what you need to know about the application on the permit thru email: (cez_skndv@yahoo.se) Please title it as nairaland sweden. Good luck!
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by skynylaw: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2009
wink
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2009
Can one still apply for admission in sweden ? Under or post grad. ? Thanks. Is the introduction of sckool fees in 2010 true?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2009
Can one still apply for admission in sweden ? Under or post grad. ? Thanks. Is the introduction of sckool fees in 2010 true?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ceasyc(f): 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2009
hi y'all
this was sent to me by malmo university (our first choice of uni)
yesterday
i sent a msg 2 dem because some ppl on nairaland claim
to have received their admission letter and i got
worried/anxious and dis was their reply

"Dear Madam/Sir,

Letters of admission will be sent out in mid-May. It is not possible to
get an answer before that time.

Best wishes
Emma
Admissions Office
Malmö University"

so i dont understand how others got their admission letter
because studera website wrote d same thing
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by skynylaw: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
i cool
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by skynylaw: 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2009
sorry the second and final selection comes by mid may yess.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by steeee(m): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2009
kindly check ur application status in www.studera.nu click on your follow application check status .
you will see a points base under 20 points if u do not have any points on ur course of choice then u are automatically not qualified.
Any way new messages will be on 10th of march , 2009
kindly check ur status.
And the Admission letter will be sent by mid May and you will print on line is normally a pdf file which can not be edited
Please if u want to really get a head way and be successful ? my candid advice for any one that apply for Autum 2009 is to rush to the Swedish Embassy in Abuja and apply for Student resident visa and please i warn do not wait any just try and start arranging the following
1. Your own bank Statements
2. AOD ( any other supporting documents )
Time is of essence here , because it takes a minimum of six weeks to process student visa .
wishing all best of luck
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by promise2(f): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2009
Hello,

i just checked my application status but see below the messages written,

We have sent your transcripts and/or diploma for verification to the issuing authority. Further processing depends on their answer. Their verification must reach the National Admissions Office in Sweden no later than 30 March 2009. If they reach us after that date we cannot guarantee that your application [/b] will be processed since there may be no study places available for the program(s) for which you have applied. (New)

Please what do i do next as i even asked my school to write a letter confirming that my transcript is original, which the school did.

Please i need urgent answer.

Regards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / DJ Soda Kicked Out Of U.S Airplane For Wearing "Offensive" Pants (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.