Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,953 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? (1433 Views)

Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? / Pregnancy Test Negative But Milk Is Coming Out From My Breast;why? / If your HIV test came back positive, What will you do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by tenry(m): 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hi nairalanders,i came on this forum to seek for your advice sometimes in October over the fact that sperm usually come out of my wife after ejaculating and some of you counselled me that there was no cause for alarm. God has done it! My wife went for preg test today after missing her period whc was suppose to come last sunday/monday and the result showed positive. The last time she saw her mestruation was 5th of Nov. My wife said she read it in everywoman that scanning canbe done in the third month to knw the sex of the baby. My question is at what stage can we see the doctor? Should we allow the pregnancy to clock one month or two months before doing so? In other words, what step is expected to be taken @ this early period of pregnancy?. Pls I need responses frm married/matured people in the house. We just married in Oct and we have no experience in this regards. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by yemmy75(m): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
Congrats man!
Visit a doctor to register d pregnancy, then she can start attending antenatal clinics. U need to see a doctor as early as possible so dat all preventables can be prevented, and so she can be counselled since its her first time.
Once again, congrats
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
She can register for antenatal at 4weeks or earlier if you chose, i hope she is already popping her folic acid? Congratulations!!
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by Emmyk(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Congrats ooo. Oluwa loshe cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by IfeLuvely: 11:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Congrats like people said let her register with an ob/gyn as soon as possible and look forward to all the moodswings and morning sickness...hopefully might be lucky enough not to get any morning sickness. Once again congratulations to you both.
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by tenry(m): 12:55am On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate. I ll keep you posted as the baby grows till my wife delivers. Lest I forget, madam is denying me access to 'SHOW' adding that until she sees the doctor for advice.lol. Whatever the situation, man is ready to sacrifice.
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by greatgod2012(f): 2:28am On Dec 08, 2013
Congrats my brother!
The good things that God has started in your family shall be made perfect.

As per registering for ante-natal, there is no time that is too early to register. If you like, you can choose to register after 2 weeks or later, all depends on how madam wants it and how she's feeling.
Let her register with a gyneacologist, and get ALL tests done, especially the Rhesus factor test.
As per the SHOW, dont blame her, this is her first experience and it is normal to be afraid of it, but with proper education and enlightment, she will come to realise that, being pregnant is not a disease and shuld not be a disturbing factor, infact, she really needs it now, for the betterment of both her and the baby and the family in general. One thing im happy about is that you are ready to cooperate, and that is going to go a long way in making things easier for her.
Some of the things to watch out for, so that it doesn't meet you unaware are....
- she may experience morning sickness, it's nothing to worry about, she needs a lot of water to replace the lost of fluid.
- pregnancy induced hormone may come to play, she may have mood swings, and may also be more emotional at this time.
- try as much as you could to help around the house, as she may be easily worn out.
- ensure she takes a lot of fruits. It is very good for them both.
- a lot of fluid, especially water is also essential, apart from it replacing the lost of fluid in the body, it's also good for the regulation of amniotic sac water, the sack with which the baby lives and growsin the uterus.
- prepare for strange cravings, don't be annoyed when she wakes you up to demand for what you people have not eaten since you got married, it's caused by pregnancy hormone.
Etc, etc.
And feel free to ask questios, im assuring you that there are goood people in this section that are very experienced and will be more than willing to answer your questions.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by greatgod2012(f): 2:30am On Dec 08, 2013
One more thing, always remind her not to feel ashamed to ask her doctor any question that may be bothering her, that is why they are paid.

Once again, congratulations and happy parenthood in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by greatgod2012(f): 2:32am On Dec 08, 2013
Using this medium to reach out to those who want this type of miracle, may God in His infinite mercy answer them and grant them the desires of their hearts and cause them to testify to His goodness. Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by tenry(m): 3:17am On Dec 08, 2013
Thank you my sister, I ll act accordingly. God bless you.
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 08, 2013
greatgod2012: Using this medium to reach out to those who want this type of miracle, may God in His infinite mercy answer them and grant them the desires of their hearts and cause them to testify to His goodness. Amen.

Amen ooo!

Congrats @ OP . . . May God be with your family throughout this period and ensure your wife's safe delivery!
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by jumzzy448: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2013
Congrats op, let her register for ante natal and ensure she takes all her drugs.
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by EfemenaXY: 10:30am On Dec 08, 2013
tenry: Hi nairalanders,i came on this forum to seek for your advice sometimes in October over the fact that sperm usually come out of my wife after ejaculating and some of you counselled me that there was no cause for alarm. God has done it! My wife went for preg test today after missing her period whc was suppose to come last sunday/monday and the result showed positive. The last time she saw her mestruation was 5th of Nov. My wife said she read it in everywoman that scanning canbe done in the third month to knw the sex of the baby. My question is at what stage can we see the doctor? Should we allow the pregnancy to clock one month or two months before doing so? In other words, what step is expected to be taken @ this early period of pregnancy?. Pls I need responses frm married/matured people in the house. We just married in Oct and we have no experience in this regards. Thanks.

Yeah, I remember your post.

Congratulations mami and papi! cheesy cheesy

In addition to all that's been said:

~ Make sure madam eats a healthy diet. Cut down on excessive sugary / fizzy drinks as it's all too easy to acquire pregnancy induced Diabetics. Make sure she eats a lot of fruits and vegetables

~ Avoid eating liver - it's excessively rich in vitamin A

In addition to that, if you can afford any of the below, encourage your madam to eat the following:

Carbohydrates - wholemeal (brown) bread, pasta, rice and cereals are better than white bread, cakes and biscuits

Fruit and vegetables - try to eat five portions a day, bearing in mind that the more colourful the fruit or vegetable, the more nutritious it is.

Protein - you can get the protein you need from meat, fish, eggs, pulses and beans.

Milk and milk products - these contain lots of calcium, which is important for bone development

Fat - try to get your fat intake from vegetable sources like olive oil, or oily fish like salmon, herring or mackerel

Foods to be wary of, or better still, avoid them for the duration of her pregnancy:

~ Raw eggs and raw or undercooked meat or shellfish: These may contain salmonella or other organisms which can cause food poisoning

~ Unpasteurised dairy products, liver or liver pâté and leftovers: These foods can contain Listeria, which can lead to miscarriage or stillbirth.

~ Liver/liver products: These contain high levels of vitamin A, which may be harmful for a developing baby so should be avoided.

~ Vitamin supplements NOT labelled "For Use in Pregnancy": Vitamins and other supplements should only be used if it says on the container they are safe to use in pregnancy. This is because some vitamins, if taken at high levels, are extremely dangerous for the developing baby. It is important to take folic acid as mentioned earlier, so either buy this as a single supplement or buy a supplement designed specifically to be used in pregnancy.

~ Be careful with medication: Discuss any medication you're taking with your doctor, let the pharmacist know you're pregnant if you need any over-the-counter medicine. Even simple remedies like decongestant nasal sprays can contain ingredients that should not be used when pregnant.

~ Be aware of toxoplasmosis: Unwashed vegetables, undercooked meat and cat faeces carry the risk of toxoplasmosis – which can cause miscarriages, stillbirth or damage to your baby. So always wash fruit and vegetables, only eat thoroughly cooked meat and wear gloves when you're gardening or emptying cat litter trays.

http://uk.clearblue.com/planning-for-a-baby/before-you-get-started?gclid=CJT0s-2loLsCFRLMtAodwDkAlw

Hope this helps and congrats once more!

*** I love reading happy stories on the Family Section - be sure to let us know when Junior arrives, make we follow una celebrate! *** cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by tenry(m): 11:19am On Dec 08, 2013
[quote author=Efemena_xy]

Yeah, I remember your post.

Congratulations mami and papi! cheesy cheesy

In addition to all that's been said:

~ Make sure madam eats a healthy diet. Cut down on excessive sugary / fizzy drinks as it's all too easy to acquire pregnancy induced Diabetics. Make sure she eats a lot of fruits and vegetables

~ Avoid eating liver - it's excessively rich in vitamin A

In addition to that, if you can afford any of the below, encourage your madam to eat the following:

Carbohydrates - wholemeal (brown) bread, pasta, rice and cereals are better than white bread, cakes and biscuits

Fruit and vegetables - try to eat five portions a day, bearing in mind that the more colourful the fruit or vegetable, the more nutritious it is.

Protein - you can get the protein you need from meat, fish, eggs, pulses and beans.

Milk and milk products - these contain lots of calcium, which is important for bone development

Fat - try to get your fat intake from vegetable sources like olive oil, or oily fish like salmon, herring or mackerel

[i]Foods to be wary of, or better still, avoid them for the duration of her pregnancy:[/u]

~ Raw eggs and raw or undercooked meat or shellfish: These may contain salmonella or other organisms which can cause food poisoning

~ Unpasteurised dairy products, liver or liver pâté and leftovers: These foods can contain Listeria, which can lead to miscarriage or stillbirth.

~ Liver/liver products: These contain high levels of vitamin A, which may be harmful for a developing baby so should be avoided.

~ Vitamin supplements NOT labelled "For Use in Pregnancy": Vitamins and other supplements should only be used if it says on the container they are safe to use in pregnancy. This is because some vitamins, if taken at high levels, are extremely dangerous for the developing baby. It is important to take folic acid as mentioned earlier, so either buy this as a single supplement or buy a supplement designed specifically to be used in pregnancy.

~ Be careful with medication: Discuss any medication you're taking with your doctor, let the pharmacist know you're pregnant if you need any over-the-counter medicine. Even simple remedies like decongestant nasal sprays can contain ingredients that should not be used when pregnant.

~ Be aware of toxoplasmosis: Unwashed vegetables, undercooked meat and cat faeces carry the risk of toxoplasmosis – which can cause miscarriages, stillbirth or damage to your baby. So always wash fruit and vegetables, only eat thoroughly cooked meat and wear gloves when you're gardening or emptying cat litter trays.

http://uk.clearblue.com/planning-for-a-baby/before-you-get-started?gclid=CJT0s-2loLsCFRLMtAodwDkAlw

Hope this helps and congrats once more!

*** I love reading happy stories on the Family Section - be sure to let us know when Junior arrives, make we follow una celebrate! ***

Thanks bro, I shall do just that.
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2013
Congrats o!

Next thing, start saving money for antenal, delivery, baby formula, pampers, clothes, crib, car seat/pousset (option al.), toys, bottles, pumps, flask, cheesy

From your own perspective since previous posters have give you what your wife needs

All the best.
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by tpia5: 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
I ll keep you posted as the baby grows till my wife delivers

why?

the info (body changes during pregnancy) is available everywhere, maybe you should put the information on another thread with other pregnant women?
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tpia at least u would hv said congrats like others b4 ur usual interrogations.
Haba!

Poster congrats!
Re: Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next? by tenry(m): 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tpia or what is your name? But I said I only want matured/ married people to comment. You don't hav to remind me of availability of the info everywhere. Obviously u are still a kid. Don't worry ASUU ll soon call off the strike.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Many Married Couples Have Sex By Appointment –study / Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? / Photos: Meet The World’s Oldest Conjoined Twins Who Celebrate 63rd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.