Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues (2044 Views)

Many Lies Of Redeem's Adeboye For 2016 / The Fallacy about Speaking In Tongues And The Modern Day Christians / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

His wish was that his fellow brothers in the flesh(Jews) come to the realisation of the gospel of Christ which is by faith minus works.
But this contradicts James the Apostle who said Faith minus work is dead faith.. no be so?

Looking from the Christian point of view today, we see a similarity with the progress the nation of Israel made with that which the church made.

On the day of Passover.. For the nation of Israel, the Blood of the lamb was put on lintels and doorpost to avoid the spirit of death. For Christians the blood of Jesus was shed to save us from the wages of sin.

Pentecost is celebrated on the fiftieth day after Passover...it signifies a time to harvest- to Israel physical harvest but to the church spiritual harvest which was initiated on that great day.

Today we are that dispensation of in-gathering where we should come together to eat the spiritual food of God(His Word)

The only principle I believe we should take from these feasts is to withdraw from adulterating the Word. In the old, Unleavened means bread without yeast. today, unleavened means the Word of God without adulteration.

OK...no evangelism again abi? If we do in-gathering without evangelizing are we not selfish?
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Has God ever spoken to you (outside scriptures) with a voice you can actually hear? If yes, describe His voice.
Apart from speaking to me in his word and that still small voice in my heart.He spoke through me when we gathered together in church(prophesying). It was thunderous like the voice of many waters. I will never forget that day. It was an unforgettable experience. grin
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: But this contradicts James the Apostle who said Faith minus work is dead faith.. no be so?

Go through the book of Galatians and see who the sons of Hagar is. Paul called Peter and the other disciples who teach works plus faith, the sons of the bond woman and the church(by faith alone) the sons of the free woman.

Bidam:
OK...no evangelism again abi? If we do in-gathering without evangelizing are we not selfish?

Feast of the tabernacle does not mean you can't evangelise. It means its a time to come together and share the Word and the Word alone to believers and bring unbelievers in through the same medium.
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: Apart from speaking to me in his word and that still small voice in my heart.He spoke through me when we gathered together in church(prophesying). It was thunderous like the voice of many waters. I will never forget that day. It was an unforgettable experience. grin

Was it like a baby's voice, a woman's voice or a man's voice that came through these thunderous sound?

What exactly did He tell you?
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Go through the book of Galatians and see who the sons of Hagar is. Paul called Peter and the other disciples who teach works plus faith, the sons of the bond woman and the church(by faith alone) the sons of the free woman.
My bro..you are the guy quoting Paul wrongly here o...Salvation is by faith alone not by works..After that Christ is at work in us both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Feast of the tabernacle does not mean you can't evangelise. It means its a time to come together and share the Word and the Word alone to believers and bring unbelievers in through the same medium
.Ok..I Love to feast at his table...no wahala. cool
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]

Was it like a baby's voice, a woman's voice or a man's voice that came through these thunderous sound?
I said like many waters. Go to the waterfalls and learn.
What exactly did He tell you?
Why should i tell you? The message wasn't meant for you. cheesy
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: My bro..you are the guy quoting Paul wrongly here o...Salvation is by faith alone not by works..After that Christ is at work in us both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

You have said it nah. It is Christ who does the work. if he doesn't do the work, what can I do?
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: I said like many waters. Go to the waterfalls and learn.
You actually heard an audible sound!
Bidam:
Why should i tell you? The message wasn't meant for yo

Hmmmm...ok, who was it meant for?
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]

You have said it nah. It is Christ who does the work.
How can Christ do the work if someone is unwilling?. Jesus said the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
if he doesn't do the work, what can I do?
Ok what about this scripture. 1 Timothy 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; You have to be willing bro..most times Christians are not even willing to pay that sacrifices..they love to satisfy their flesh rather than be a blessing to others. grin. The call is a call to selfless sacrifice...99.9% Christians have not attained that yet. cool
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:
You actually heard an audible sound!

Hmmmm...ok, who was it meant for?
I heard my voice.it wasn't a rehearsed speech or something i thought up in my brain. it was inspired. I knew it was God speaking. for edification and exhortation to me and the brethren at that point in time.
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: How can Christ do the work if someone is unwilling?. Jesus said the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

The truth is that none of us will choose God if He did not choose us. God has always had His way of calling anyone He wants for His divine purpose. We were all born as enemies of God, with a sinful nature but drawn close by God's work in us.

The great Apostle Paul was arrested by God, the twelve disciples were called by Christ.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit-....
Bidam: Ok what about this scripture. 1 Timothy 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; You have to be willing bro..most times Christians are not even willing to pay that sacrifices..they love to satisfy their flesh rather than be a blessing to others. . The call is a call to selfless sacrifice...99.9% Christians have not attained that yet.

Bro, what happens when we read the Word of God is that, it transforms us. The Word changes our perspective and causes us to will for God, our personal will becomes inconsequential. Our will and our mind is described to be constantly evil, deceitful and wicked without the Word (Christ).
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: I heard my voice.it wasn't a rehearsed speech or something i thought up in my brain. it was inspired. I knew it was God speaking. for edification and exhortation to me and the brethren at that point in time.

Bro, a Muslim, Hindu can feel the same way you have felt. Infact some feel the same way Christians feel when they see celebrities, they are sometimes caught in a mysterious depth that raises goose bumps. If it were to be in church, we would mistake that for Holy Spirit.

There is a cry from the heart of many Christians, they want to hear from God directly. But, He won't speak, for He had spoken. We can only latch unto what had been said, if we truly believe the scripture is the complete/full Word of God.
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

The truth is that none of us will choose God if He did not choose us. God has always had His way of calling anyone He wants for His divine purpose. We were all born as enemies of God, with a sinful nature but drawn close by God's work in us.

The great Apostle Paul was arrested by God, the twelve disciples were called by Christ.
This is the false doctrine of once saved always saved i am wary of. embarassed. If Christ called twelve..why should one betray him, why should one deny him,why should one doubt him and why should all run from him,when he needed them most during his capture
John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit-....
Even God choose Israel yet he swore they would never enter his rest? why would God do that,since He claimed Israel to be His firstborn son. Ofcos we know Judas never bore fruit. it all boils down to the willingness of the called one don't you think so?

Bro, what happens when we read the Word of God is that, it transforms us.
ok
The Word changes our perspective and causes us to will for God,
rather it causes us to be in conformity with his divine will.
our personal will becomes inconsequential. Our will and our mind is described to be constantly evil, deceitful and wicked without the Word (Christ).
Abraham willed and went down to Egypt when a severe famine hit the land, God never told Him to go there.He lied, yet God protected him, how do you explained that?When he left pharaoh, scripture records he was very rich, ofcos it was pharaoh that made him rich, not God. Can you explain these??
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, a Muslim, Hindu can feel the same way you have felt. Infact some feel the same way Christians feel when they see celebrities, they are sometimes caught in a mysterious depth that raises goose bumps. If it were to be in church, we would mistake that for Holy Spirit.
Nope, you are not there bro..so don't infer I was a Muslim so i can confidently tell you i never felt that way as a Muslim. Infact it was a knowing NOT a feeling in my heart that this is God.
There is a cry from the heart of many Christians, they want to hear from God directly. But, He won't speak, for He had spoken. We can only latch unto what had been said, if we truly believe the scripture is the complete/full Word of God.
Too bad..Maybe God is partial by giving me this experience just like he did to Paul and the 12 apostles you mentioned in your last post. cheesy
shdemidemi:

The truth is that none of us will choose God if He did not choose us. God has always had His way of calling anyone He wants for His divine purpose.
Yeah...maybe He is calling me for a divine purpose. cool
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by vickyO(f): 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam, you're a good Bible student.
I love you manner of approach and explanations.
God bless you.

Shedemidemi, your knowledge of the Bible is impressive but I don't think you really understand it.
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: This is the false doctrine of once saved always saved i am wary of. embarassed. If Christ called twelve..why should one betray him, why should one deny him,why should one doubt him and why should all run from him,when he needed them most during his capture
I don't think the doctrine of eternal security is false. It is the word of God Hence it stands and remain absolute. Judas betraying Christ was not accidental, neither did Jesus need any of the disciples to be with Him at this time. Remember, He was paying the price for mankind as it has been pre-arranged by God.

Bidam:
Even God choose Israel yet he swore they would never enter his rest? why would God do that,since He claimed Israel to be His firstborn son
The nation of isreal are sons of God in the flesh, they are the sons of Hagar. Remember the bible says 'Cast out the bond woman and her son'. The church is the true sons of God in the Spirit, we are heirs with Christ.

Bidam:
Ofcos we know Judas never bore fruit. it all boils down to the willingness of the called one don't you think so?
says who? I think he happened to be a major tool used by God to achieve the divine purpose and plan of heaven.

Bidam: Abraham willed and went down to Egypt when a severe famine hit the land, God never told Him to go there.He lied, yet God protected him, how do you explained that?When he left pharaoh, scripture records he was very rich, ofcos it was pharaoh that made him rich, not God. Can you explain these? ?

You seem to think the money Abraham got makes it a positive that he went to Egypt. Do you know how long his wife spent with pharaoh in the palace? Do you know he was at the wrong place at this time and he had to find his way back to bethel? Do you know God did not call him and Lot and he had to go through all these things to be isolated? I am sure you are aware he had to lie and compromise to live in Egypt?

Lot means to cover, a veil.
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
vickyO: Bidam, you're a good Bible student.
I love you manner of approach and explanations.
God bless you.

Shedemidemi, your knowledge of the Bible is impressive but I don't think you really understand it.
My sis...thanks for the complimento... we still dey digg the word precept upon precept line upon line..we are not there yet.
Re: The Many Lies About Speaking In Tongues by vickyO(f): 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: My sis...thanks for the complimento... we still dey digg the word precept upon precept line upon line..we are not there yet.
I sense humility.....
Keep digging, the Lord is your strength. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Popes That Disgraced The Catholic Church / Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. / Men of God and women in bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.