Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) (4924 Views)

The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's / Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
doubleDx:

Human arrogance!!! Everything is myth, myth, myth..... yet your science cannot explain how advanced mathematics was used (with so much precision) in constructing some ancient structures! I bet those pyramids your science & archaeology failed to explain how they were built by ancient cave men are myths too... Smdh!

Our assumptions and arrogance is why we believe life started through evolution and that we are the "only" civilization in the universe! We see everything from religious books written thousands of years before science as mere myths...Smdh!

Take it or leave it, my BIBLE doesn't LIE...Everything written therein is TRUE and NOT some Canaanland mythology/stories!

1 Like

Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by macof(m): 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
doubleDx:

Human arrogance!!! Everything is myth, myth, myth..... yet your science cannot explain how advanced mathematics was used (with so much precision) in constructing some ancient structures! I bet those pyramids your science & archaeology failed to explain how they were built by ancient cave men are myths too... Smdh!

Our assumptions and arrogance is why we believe life started through evolution and that we are the "only" civilization in the universe! We see everything from religious books written thousands of years before science as mere myths...Smdh!

Take it or leave it, my BIBLE doesn't LIE...Everything written therein is TRUE and NOT some Canaanland mythology/stories!

Hold ur horses. I am not atheist.

U don't read, travel or ask questions.
U lack basic knowledge of how spirituality works because u are too religious.

You can't understand the concept of that story.

By "myth" I don't mean it's a lie. I mean it represents something else.

Wat the deal is now is to decipher wat the symbolism represents
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
macof:

Hold ur horses. I am not atheist.

U don't read, travel or ask questions.
U lack basic knowledge of how spirituality works because u are too religious.

You can't understand the concept of that story.

By "myth" I don't mean it's a lie. I mean it represents something else.

Wat the deal is now is to decipher wat the symbolism represents

What Smdh!!!
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
macof:

I see light in this but as I don't consider the greek myths literal just like Yoruba myth

Was prometheus real?
Couldn't his character be symbolic to the intelligence and knowledge of creating fire?

Was mount Olympus the abode of the Gods(who had human features)

In my philosophy, Gods of Paganic spiritualities are only symbolic, taken from the lives of Great men and venerated as the character of the forces around.

Ps. The Jews don't know any "Lucifer"
there's a big confusion in christianity about that personality.

I used the Prometheus as an example because if i reffered to the Yoruba deities he will shout idol worshiping,so i gave him similar stories in other cultures since he cares less about his.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 6:27am On Dec 11, 2013
ifeness:

I used the Prometheus as an example because if i reffered to the Yoruba deities he will shout idol worshiping,so i gave him similar stories in other cultures since he cares less about his.

All that are demons (fallen angels), either in Nigeria or elsewhere.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by macof(m): 8:46am On Dec 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

All that are demons (fallen angels), either in Nigeria or elsewhere.

going by ur logic, Jesus is a demon(fallen angel)

Try to think and understand things before posting ignorantly.

Have u any idea who prometheus is to the greeks?
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
macof:

going by ur logic, Jesus is a demon(fallen angel)

Try to think and understand things before posting ignorantly.

Have u any idea who prometheus is to the greeks?

Nope the "intelligent" one, Jesus is neither an angel or a fallen one!
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by macof(m): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Nope the "intelligent" one, Jesus is neither an angel or a fallen one!

Neither is Prometheus

All u religious folks are too backward and brainwashed that u don't think properly.

why did u call prometheus a demon when u know nothing about him?
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
macof:

Neither is Prometheus

All u religious folks are too backward and brainwashed that u don't think properly.

why did u call prometheus a demon when u know nothing about him?

U amuse n amaze me, though I never saw u like this before!
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by aletheia(m): 12:09am On Dec 12, 2013
Old Topic. Go Here
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2013
aletheia: Old Topic. Go Here

I have seen it before now, though I only saw it after my write up, bt it's still relevant 'cos I also brought up some points.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I have seen it before now, though I only saw it after my write up, bt it's still relevant 'cos I also brought up some points.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by macof(m): 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U amuse n amaze me, though I never saw u like this before!

How are u amazed?

I tried explaining spirituality and religion to you in another thread, but you were not interested.

A religious person cannot be spiritual
He follows laws set by men
He dares not question his belief
He thinks he knows all
He thinks his religion is complete and perfect

Spirituality teaches not to live by men but by ur relationship with nature and the universe
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by destiny4luv(m): 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pastor Olu T: The sons of God

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:1-5

There are different schools of thought as to who the sons of God are in this particular verse, I will want to believe the reason is that man finds it difficult to comprehend how spiritual beings could have such relationship with man, so many when they come to this point assume the sons of God referred to are men devoted to serving the Lord. It was believed that after Cain was sent away from the presence of the Lord, he lived as a fugitive somewhere away from the remaining children of Adam and Eve, he built a city as the bible said and started a new kind of race who do not care much about God and was bad and wicked, are referred to as the sons of men. And that the remaining children of Adam and Eve which started with Enosh was also in a place of their own and lived away from Cain’ people who were bad and wicked, were referred to as the sons of God because they actually cared about God, seek to know Him better and try to rediscover what they lost in the Garden of Eden, so they started calling upon His name more and called themselves by the name of the Lord. Though to some extent this is right except in the case of the sons of God are the sons of Enosh, and the sons of men are the sons of Cain which does not correlate with the scripture and does not fully fit in the context of the times and dispensation they were in. Going through the scriptures from Genesis to Revelation, whenever the bible made mention of the sons of God, the bible meant supernatural beings (angels Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7; Daniel 3:25 before the coming of Christ though) and not just men that are devoted to God. This we look at more closely as we allow the scripture to explain itself and consider in context the times and seasons the event took place.

We will look closely at the context of the scripture and what prevails in that dispensation; during the early times when man was created it was a normal thing for the supernatural beings to have relations with man. It was not thought abnormal when the serpent talked to the woman and convinced her to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, the identity of the serpent was fully known as that of a supernatural being, being the devil himself; though the serpent was just an animal, the devil possessed its body in order to be able to carry out his schemes. It is also a known fact from the scriptures that it was not just the devil that rebelled; there were other angels that joined in the rebellion, so if the devil could have had relations with humans as at the time, the other angels too can. Also during the time of Cain and Abel, the Lord spoke personally to Cain and warned him when he abhorred evil thoughts in his heart; the bible never portrayed Cain or Eve as being scared or seeing it as something weird. The truth was that even after the fall man still has spiritual abilities unlike today, man was still spiritual irrespective of the fall and could do supernatural things himself and relate with supernatural beings.

The sons of God that was mentioned in this scripture are actually the fallen angels (demons), who already have rebelled but still have some spiritual abilities to accomplish some things, and besides there was nothing for them to do any more because they had forsaken authority and their duties, so they were just perambulating the earth as their master the devil was and is still doing Job 1:7; 2:2.
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Are u sure u are a pastor?
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

How are u amazed?

I tried explaining spirituality and religion to you in another thread, but you were not interested.

A religious person cannot be spiritual
He follows laws set by men
He dares not question his belief
He thinks he knows all
He thinks his religion is complete and perfect

Spirituality teaches not to live by men but by ur relationship with nature and the universe

Agree bt the latter part is wrong, spirituality teaches not to live by men truly, and bt by relationship with God!
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 8:44am On Dec 15, 2013
destiny4luv: Are u sure u are a pastor?

What are u saying, do u have any contrary view, if not why make such a statement?

If u are sincere u lay out scriptures n let us deliberate on it!
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by macof(m): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Agree bt the latter part is wrong, spirituality teaches not to live by men truly, and bt by relationship with God!

Wats ur definition of God(as in creator of the universe)

And pls think deep about this and not just use ur Bible to think, use ur consciousness
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 15, 2013
the sons of God weere human beings and not angelic beings.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 10:47am On Dec 15, 2013
frosbel: the sons of God weere human beings and not angelic beings.

How Mr frosbel? Relate to the scriptures quoted n let us all see how much sense it make in the context of the scripture!
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

Wats ur definition of God(as in creator of the universe)

And pls think deep about this and not just use ur Bible to think, use ur consciousness

That is where we both dont agree, the concept of God/god, u already know my stance that I believe in just one God, and which better explain things spiritually n physically.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by macof(m): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

That is where we both dont agree, the concept of God/god, u already know my stance that I believe in just one God, and which better explain things spiritually n physically.

I am not asking about if u believe one God or 500Gods. Wats ur definition of God?

Wat is this God?

And am beginning to not take u seriously with this God/god thing u do.

Wats ur definition of god?
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by ajayikayod: 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: The sons of God

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:1-5

There are different schools of thought as to who the sons of God are in this particular verse, I will want to believe the reason is that man finds it difficult to comprehend how spiritual beings could have such relationship with man, so many when they come to this point assume the sons of God referred to are men devoted to serving the Lord. It was believed that after Cain was sent away from the presence of the Lord, he lived as a fugitive somewhere away from the remaining children of Adam and Eve, he built a city as the bible said and started a new kind of race who do not care much about God and was bad and wicked, are referred to as the sons of men. And that the remaining children of Adam and Eve which started with Enosh was also in a place of their own and lived away from Cain’ people who were bad and wicked, were referred to as the sons of God because they actually cared about God, seek to know Him better and try to rediscover what they lost in the Garden of Eden, so they started calling upon His name more and called themselves by the name of the Lord. Though to some extent this is right except in the case of the sons of God are the sons of Enosh, and the sons of men are the sons of Cain which does not correlate with the scripture and does not fully fit in the context of the times and dispensation they were in. Going through the scriptures from Genesis to Revelation, whenever the bible made mention of the sons of God, the bible meant supernatural beings (angels Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7; Daniel 3:25 before the coming of Christ though) and not just men that are devoted to God. This we look at more closely as we allow the scripture to explain itself and consider in context the times and seasons the event took place.

We will look closely at the context of the scripture and what prevails in that dispensation; during the early times when man was created it was a normal thing for the supernatural beings to have relations with man. It was not thought abnormal when the serpent talked to the woman and convinced her to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, the identity of the serpent was fully known as that of a supernatural being, being the devil himself; though the serpent was just an animal, the devil possessed its body in order to be able to carry out his schemes. It is also a known fact from the scriptures that it was not just the devil that rebelled; there were other angels that joined in the rebellion, so if the devil could have had relations with humans as at the time, the other angels too can. Also during the time of Cain and Abel, the Lord spoke personally to Cain and warned him when he abhorred evil thoughts in his heart; the bible never portrayed Cain or Eve as being scared or seeing it as something weird. The truth was that even after the fall man still has spiritual abilities unlike today, man was still spiritual irrespective of the fall and could do supernatural things himself and relate with supernatural beings.

The sons of God that was mentioned in this scripture are actually the fallen angels (demons), who already have rebelled but still have some spiritual abilities to accomplish some things, and besides there was nothing for them to do any more because they had forsaken authority and their duties, so they were just perambulating the earth as their master the devil was and is still doing Job 1:7; 2:2.
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Bros, though d sons of God as written in Gen 6 never referred to fallen angels, yet allowin ur interpretation those personalty "d sons of God" as written in dt chapter doesnt agree wit d personalty described in other scriptures u quoted. We must adhere to consistencies in interpreting d scriptures b4 we make conclusions. "grin sons of God" in Gen 6 were never fallen angels.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bros, though d sons of God as written in Gen 6 never referred to fallen angels, yet allowin ur interpretation those personalty "d sons of God" as written in dt chapter doesnt agree wit d personalty described in other scriptures u quoted. We must adhere to consistencies in interpreting d scriptures b4 we make conclusions. "grin sons of God" in Gen 6 were never fallen angels.

Who were they? What about the sons of God in the Book of Job 1:6 and also the one King Nebuchadnezzar saw in the furnace with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? Sons of God as "used" all over the OT referred to Angels (Spirit beings)!!! It was after the crucifixion of Christ for the sins of the world that humans are referred to as the "Children of God" in the scriptures....

Ephesians 1:5

He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

2 Likes

Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 16, 2013
ajayikayod:

I tend to agree with you on this one..Na jw translation be dat.Apart from frosbel, ain't you surprised they are not on this thread?
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 16, 2013
Pst T. sons of God in this context refers to the genealogy of Seth from Adam, after Cain murdered Abel and left the presence of God, he went and build his own city. You can easily trace two different genealogies here.Cain and his sons became murderers and invented tools like iron for war and we all know the devil is a murderer, so i can confidently refer to Cain and his sons as sons of the devil. While Seth and his sons as sons of God. It was at the time when Seth begat Enosh that men(sons of God) began to call on the name of the Lord.
Under the sons of God genealogy you will see guys like Enoch and Noah who made a mark by walking with God, in order words their communion and relationship with God was unmatched and impeccable.

God hates mixture, it was the sons of God that went ahead to marry daughters of Cain who was marked.They lusted after Cain"s daughters and refused to marry from their kindred when men began to increase in number on the earth.

Guess what happened? Because of these mixtures, iniquity started rising and was on the increase till it became full, then God choose Noah so He can cleanse the Earth and create another generation. Noah's righteousness before God covered his sons who were married.Who knows maybe one of Cain's daughter was taken by Noah's sons because iniquity is still prevalent today.

But the point is; God hates murder and He made a covenant with Noah giving him laws for him and his children to follow. That is what we refer to as Noahic laws.

Hmmmn, i wonder why Noah cursed Canaan and not Ham when he got drunk and was naked. I guess blacks are descendant of Canaan.But are blacks sons of the devil and cursed? I don't think so.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2013
Bidam: Pst T. sons of God in this context refers to the genealogy of Seth from Adam, after Cain murdered Abel and left the presence of God, he went and build his own city. You can easily trace two different genealogies here.Cain and his sons became murderers and invented tools like iron for war and we all know the devil is a murderer, so i can confidently refer to Cain and his sons as sons of the devil. While Seth and his sons as sons of God. It was at the time when Seth begat Enosh that men(sons of God) began to call on the name of the Lord.
Under the sons of God genealogy you will see guys like Enoch and Noah who made a mark by walking with God, in order words their communion and relationship with God was unmatched and impeccable.

God hates mixture, it was the sons of God that went ahead to marry daughters of Cain who was marked.They lusted after Cain"s daughters and refused to marry from their kindred when men began to increase in number on the earth.

Guess what happened? Because of these mixtures, iniquity started rising and was on the increase till it became full, then God choose Noah so He can cleanse the Earth and create another generation. Noah's righteousness before God covered his sons who were married.Who knows maybe one of Cain's daughter was taken by Noah's sons because iniquity is still prevalent today.

But the point is; God hates murder and He made a covenant with Noah giving him laws for him and his children to follow. That is what we refer to as Noahic laws.

Hmmmn, i wonder why Noah cursed Canaan and not Ham when he got drunk and was naked. I guess blacks are descendant of Canaan.But are blacks sons of the devil and cursed? I don't think so.

It is very convenient to say the sons of God here refers to the children of Seth if we dont want to provoke contemporary belief system. But bro looking at it From the context of the OT scriptures, whenever the bible refers to the sons of God it means angels (Job1:6, Daniel3:25&28)?

I have read read different commentaries n study myself before writing this, so pls do a study urself n look beyond the box. It is nothing un usual for spirit beings to have relations with humans then, Eve never saw it weird that the serpent was talking to her, Cain was never scared when God confronted him with the killing of his bro, neither was Adam n Eve taken aback when God always visit them in the cool of the evening. Though no one can say exactly how these events took place, but one is sure that they took place, wo why should we take some literally n some otherwise (I leave u to judge)? Then man had peculiar relationship with the spirit that we cant fully comprehend now. Just look through the OT n u discovered that so many things have changed (or how do u believe the OT?), or how can u explain just one person killing hundreds of people?

Dont let us just make assumptions but look at the scripture closely n in its context, then we will see ourselves.

NB Its not like we dont both believe the scriptures n trying to validate it, so we can as well look through it together.

LET ONLY GOD BE TRUE AND ALL MEN A LIAR

2 Likes

Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 9:18am On Dec 16, 2013
macof:

I am not asking about if u believe one God or 500Gods. Wats ur definition of God?

Wat is this God?

And am beginning to not take u seriously with this God/god thing u do.

Wats ur definition of god?

Smile, taking me serious? Its not about u taking me serious or not, the issue is I dont believe the way u believe so that alone is already an issue for u (though I will still want to continue reasoning with u, that is if u care?).

Coming to the issue of defining God, we cant define God bt can only understand Him as He reveals Himself to us as we continue in our relationship with Him. God is bigger than what u or I can ever grasp, if we place a definition on God then we tend to limit Him n put Him in a box. Then anything that dont fit into our concept of God we discard, this is the reason many dont believe in the supernatural 'cos their little mind cant comprehend all that. God is God if we can define Him, then He ceases to be. The problem with man from the onset is we wanting to bring God to our level (physical, carnal, sensual etc) of reasoning so we can comprehend Him at least, bt it doesnt work like that for we will rather move up to His level (spiritual), then we can at least grasp a bit of Him on this side of eternity n fully on the side of eternity.

WE CAN ONLY KNOW HIM AS WE CHOOSE TO BY MOVING CLOSER TO HIM THROUGH JESUS

2 Likes

Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2013
doubleDx:

Who were they? What about the sons of God in the Book of Job 1:6 and also the one King Nebuchadnezzar saw in the furnace with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? Sons of God as "used" all over the OT referred to Angels (Spirit beings)!!! It was after the crucifixion of Christ for the sins of the world that humans are referred to as the "Children of God" in the scriptures....

Ephesians 1:5

He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

Very simple to comprehend once one is not afraid to think out of the box, out of the contemporary belief system (through the Holy Spirit ofcourse).

2 Likes

Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 9:22am On Dec 16, 2013
ajayikayod:

Mention just one place in the old testament where the sons of God refer to man, and I will mention three places where it refer to as angels.
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by macof(m): 9:34am On Dec 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Smile, taking me serious? Its not about u taking me serious or not, the issue is I dont believe the way u believe so that alone is already an issue for u (though I will still want to continue reasoning with u, that is if u care?).

Coming to the issue of defining God, we cant define God bt can only understand Him as He reveals Himself to us as we continue in our relationship with Him. God is bigger than what u or I can ever grasp, if we place a definition on God then we tend to limit Him n put Him in a box. Then anything that dont fit into our concept of God we discard, this is the reason many dont believe in the supernatural 'cos their little mind cant comprehend all that. God is God if we can define Him, then He ceases to be. The problem with man from the onset is we wanting to bring God to our level (physical, carnal, sensual etc) of reasoning so we can comprehend Him at least, bt it doesnt work like that for we will rather move up to His level (spiritual), then we can at least grasp a bit of Him on this side of eternity n fully on the side of eternity.

WE CAN ONLY KNOW HIM AS WE CHOOSE TO BY MOVING CLOSER TO HIM THROUGH JESUS

Then you don't know God or god
If you can't give ur description of God's eminence and importance. If you don't know anything about God you can't know how to reach him
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by PastorOluT(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2013
macof:

Then you don't know God or god
If you can't give ur description of God's eminence and importance. If you don't know anything about God you can't know how to reach him

Smile, my level of education is enough for me to understand the difference from DEFINITION and EMINENCE and IMPORTANCE. So which do u truly want, as definition or eminence and importance?
Re: The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

It is very convenient to say the sons of God here refers to the children of Seth if we dont want to provoke contemporary belief system. But bro looking at it From the context of the OT scriptures, whenever the bible refers to the sons of God it means angels (Job1:6, Daniel3:25&28)?

I have read read different commentaries n study myself before writing this, so pls do a study urself n look beyond the box. It is nothing un usual for spirit beings to have relations with humans then, Eve never saw it weird that the serpent was talking to her, Cain was never scared when God confronted him with the killing of his bro, neither was Adam n Eve taken aback when God always visit them in the cool of the evening. Though no one can say exactly how these events took place, but one is sure that they took place, wo why should we take some literally n some otherwise (I leave u to judge)? Then man had peculiar relationship with the spirit that we cant fully comprehend now. Just look through the OT n u discovered that so many things have changed (or how do u believe the OT?), or how can u explain just one person killing hundreds of people?

Dont let us just make assumptions but look at the scripture closely n in its context, then we will see ourselves.

NB Its not like we dont both believe the scriptures n trying to validate it, so we can as well look through it together.

LET ONLY GOD BE TRUE AND ALL MEN A LIAR
Funny i did not read any contemporary commentaries before arriving at this. I just followed the leading of the Holy Spirit to arrive at this. And i did reply you based on the context.

For you to say Job's account was because it was OT so sons of God was refering to fallen angels,( though i agree the sons of God here are angels but not satan who was an arch angel) then you also have to prove to us from scripture that children do not have angels, peter doesn't have an angel,Paul doesn't have an angel.These guys are sosn of God in their own right and they do have angels who behold the face of God daily.

Jesus made a profound statement to the pharisee before He went to the cross..He called the pharisee children of the devil, stating that the devil was a murderer from the beginning.So who did the devil murder from the beginning?

Ofcos genesis was the book of the beginning and the only first murder recorded was when Cain murdered Righteous Abel.

Look at what God told him. Sin is crouching at your door.it desire is to have you but you must master it.sin here refers to satan who was invisible speaking vile thoughts to Cain.Cain was tempted and he fell big time.God also spoke to cain in his thoughts but Cain never yielded To God's voice.

No man(including adam) has seen God except Jesus.God doesn't speak in a loud audible voice but through our thoughts.The only time God spake audibly was during the ministry of Jesus. The OT is coded in the sense that it was when Jesus came that he revealed the activity of satan and how he operates.Apart from the genesis,Isaiah and Job account that mentioned satan.No where does OT scripture mentioned satan's activities and this is where athiest arguments thrives on.

Take for instance scriptures like and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented Saul. How can an evil spirit comes from God? It was Jesus that brought light in the NT concerning how evil spirit possess vessels.So to say an evil spirit possess Cain to murder his brother is in order.

In OT the Holy Spirit does not possess vessels.He rather comes on them to do specific tasks.But in the NT Jesus said He will send the comforter in the Person of the Holy Spirit, who will be in us till His second coming.

As far as i am concerned anyone who yields to the influence of satan like the pharisees Jesus was accusing, are sons of the devil in OT and anyone who yield to God's Spirit are sons of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Similarities between 2014 prophecies of MFM (G•O) and RCCG general overseer / 21 Days Hallelujah Challenge With Nathaniel Bassey "OPEN HEAVENS" / Woman In Pastor David E. Wilson’s Alleged Sex Tape Identified (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.