Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Understanding Religious Delusions. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Religious Delusions. (5623 Views)

The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. / PROOF: Understanding Religious Delusion / Understanding Religious Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by NoContract(m): 6:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Sagamite:

If I was to take pleasure in shredding more of your arguments by picking up another thinking below my level, I would say it was more delusional to believe a man that:

Cuts off people's heads, orders torture to obtain treasure, spreads his unverified and unverifiable proclamations by the sword of killing, orders killings of unarmed poets for verbal/written challenges of his proclamations, orders killings for refusal to accept his proclamations and follow him, orders the killing of followers that change their minds and want to leave the religion, orders and participates in armed robberies, treats those that are not his followers as inferior beings, takes slaves, raapes his female slaves etc

would not qualify to be accountable to "your Creator" for any misdeeds. Rather you believe "your Creator" would see him as a hero is what I would regard as deriving comfort from low-level thinking delusions.

At my level, you don't need to be omniscient to know those are wrong and unacceptable in any transcendental realm, even if you believe in unverified and unverifiable junk folklores.

At least, you can see now that Google has all this while been my cousin and you don't need to introduce it to me as a friend.

Oh, Saga the Mighty grin
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by honourhim: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2014
simplex2:

Lol...91% of christians are so because of the fear of hell; only 9% because of the true love of god. **the fear factor**

People who are respecting you today are doing it for various reasons. It can't be for the same reason, but the bottom line is that they respect you. Its not your business what motivates others to obey God, face your life with God and leave others alone.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by honourhim: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2014
@op,
It is more delusional for me to accept your analysis on religion/christianity/bible, things that have been in existence thousands of years before you came into this world.
Its just funny how you people reason, you want me to believe your writing and disbelieve other people's writing. What makes you think you are right and they are wrong? Your post is for small boys and girls whose minds are easy to deceive.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2014
Sagamite:

If I was to take pleasure in shredding more of your arguments by picking up another thinking below my level, I would say it was more delusional to believe a man that:

Cuts off people's heads, orders torture to obtain treasure, spreads his unverified and unverifiable proclamations by the sword of killing, orders killings of unarmed poets for verbal/written challenges of his proclamations, orders killings for refusal to accept his proclamations and follow him, orders the killing of followers that change their minds and want to leave the religion, orders and participates in armed robberies, treats those that are not his followers as inferior beings, takes slaves, raapes his female slaves etc

would not qualify to be accountable to "your Creator" for any misdeeds. Rather you believe "your Creator" would see him as a hero is what I would regard as deriving comfort from low-level thinking delusions.

At my level, you don't need to be omniscient to know those are wrong and unacceptable in any transcendental realm

Sure, except all the above are not actions of the man I believe has delivered the message from my Creator. They are your assessments based on reading fictitious sources that are used for propaganda purposes... a crack in your vaunted relying on provable evidence. It shows that you rely on 'evidence' that panders to your personal petty prejudices as much as the next man, I see no reason why you purport to hold the high ground. Your beliefs are as unverifiable and unverified as mine.

I would be extremely arrogant to say that you are a figment of my imagination just because no scientist has verified your existence, boasting my self allocated 'high level'; (of what, I wonder? you referred to it twice).

Go check eminent scientific fallacies from just a 100 years ago. They confidently denied the possibility of practically every item of technology that is now taken for granted. At your low level of scientific achievements, you have not yet learnt that true scientists never assert that any set of events is impossible in its occurrence. They realise that in a few years, that statement could make them an object of ridicule.

It is a sign of knowledge to say that you do not know when you do not know, or keep mute.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by frank317: 7:42am On Nov 20, 2014
honourhim:
@op,
It is more delusional for me to accept your analysis on religion/christianity/bible, things that have been in existence thousands of years before you came into this world.
Its just funny how you people reason, you want me to believe your writing and disbelieve other people's writing. What makes you think you are right and they are wrong? Your post is for small boys and girls whose minds are easy to deceive.

Read the OP and for once in your life, make sense out of it. Not everything is about just believing. Not everything needs faith to make sense. Everything is not scriptural that u just read and believe without asking question or even taking your time to analyze.
Besides did anybody force you to believe what you read in the Bible and disbelieve what was on the Koran?

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2014
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by asala1: 9:01am On Nov 20, 2014
OP let me help you

Source: http://godisimaginary.com/i7.htm

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by honourhim: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2014
frank317:

Read the OP and for once in your life, make sense out of it. Not everything is about just believing. Not everything needs faith to make sense. Everything is not scriptural that u just read and believe without asking question or even taking your time to analyze.
Besides did anybody force you to believe what you read in the Bible and disbelieve what was on the Koran?

I think you too deserve the reply below

Abuamam:

Sure, except all the above are not actions of the man I believe has delivered the message from my Creator. They are your assessments based on reading fictitious sources that are used for propaganda purposes... a crack in your vaunted relying on provable evidence. It shows that you rely on 'evidence' that panders to your personal petty prejudices as much as the next man, I see no reason why you purport to hold the high ground. Your beliefs are as unverifiable and unverified as mine.

I would be extremely arrogant to say that you are a figment of my imagination just because no scientist has verified your existence, boasting my self allocated 'high level'; (of what, I wonder? you referred to it twice).

Go check eminent scientific fallacies from just a 100 years ago. They confidently denied the possibility of practically every item of technology that is now taken for granted. At your low level of scientific achievements, you have not yet learnt that true scientists never assert that any set of events is impossible in its occurrence. They realise that in a few years, that statement could make them an object of ridicule.

It is a sign of knowledge to say that you do not know when you do not know, or keep mute.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by honourhim: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2014
asala1:
OP let me help you

Source: http://godisimaginary.com/i7.htm

Can you imagine? He didn't even give credit to the link he got the message from. And he posted it here as if he is the author.
See person wey dey condemn religion. Going to equity with unclean hands. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Weah96: 11:09am On Nov 20, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
@op Very insightful but factor in supernatural occurences in places of worship(churches,mosques,etc)and ur whole claim that religion is a total delusion is invalidated.PS:i expect you to come and start trying to rationalize those 'alleged' occurences.

Which supernatural occurrences?
People who've been blind from birth, go to these miracle working churches and come out BLIND.

Only diseases like Hep A, gastritis, or diabetes are "cured" because the members of the congregation can't SEE the disease.

Don't be deceived. If any magical healing was taking place, there wouldn't be any atheists on NL.

4 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Ranchhoddas: 11:20am On Nov 20, 2014
Weah96:

Which supernatural occurrences?
People who've been blind from birth, go to these miracle working churches and come out BLIND.

Only diseases like Hep A, gastritis, or diabetes are "cured" because the members of the congregation can't SEE the disease.

Don't be deceived. If any magical healing was taking place, there wouldn't be any atheists on NL.

you wouldn't believe if i told you so there's no need.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Weah96: 11:24am On Nov 20, 2014
Abuamam:

But that's the problem, you guys are NOT keeping quiet. You're running around, beating your chests, and all you've got is a broken book filled with myths from the middle east.

Why should a scientist have to prove that a handle on NL belongs to a human being? Does that make sense to you?

Is it not blatantly obvious to EVERYONE (Muslims, Christians, native doctors, Satanists, Shiva ppl, Buddhists, forest dwelling cannibals) that only human beings, or human operated computers can post comments on websites?

It is an exercise in ret)ardation to deny that a NL handle is imaginary in the same way that Jesus is.

Do you agree that there's such a thing as a re)tarded person? Do you agree that eating your own sh)it is a re)tarded move, regardless of what the future holds for the prospects of sh)it eating?

4 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by tismoney: 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
op throwing coin in the air to determine the existence of my creator shows clearly that I doubt is existence and don't believe in him I use to see the bible as a crappy book but how come it predicted that a time will come when you will ask me to test my God for it clearly written do not put your lord God to a test matt 4 1-11 the bible is certainly the book of life
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by frank317: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
honourhim:

I think you too deserve the reply below

ya.... the same guy you are quoting and referring me to is making a case against your believe in his earlier comments. stop clinging on a slippery tree when you are falling, it will not hold you for long.

besides, read what he wrote and he is indirectly proving the OP
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by honourhim: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
frank317:

ya.... the same guy you are quoting and referring me to is making a case against your believe in his earlier comments. stop clinging on a slippery tree when you are falling, it will not hold you for long.

besides, read what he wrote and he is indirectly proving the OP

I don't care whatever he says in another post. I don't attack or commend individuals rather I attack or commend what you wrote.
If an atheist makes a good point I commend it. That's my style.
That reply he gave answered you, stop twisting it.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
Weah96:

But that's the problem, you guys are NOT keeping quiet. You're running around, beating your chests, and all you've got is a broken book filled with myths from the middle east.

Why should a scientist have to prove that a handle on NL belongs to a human being? Does that make sense to you?

Is it not blatantly obvious to EVERYONE (Muslims, Christians, native doctors, Satanists, Shiva ppl, Buddhists, forest dwelling cannibals) that only human beings, or human operated computers can post comments on websites?

It is not blatantly obvious if we are to use the same standards you demand as evidence. Unless we test every post on the internet and ascertain that a person or a person operated computer posted it, we should not believe in western fairy tales that all posts on the internet are by people, so we must all desist from believing it. I am reasoning according to your standards here.

As for beating our chests, how many posts do you see by muslims claiming that you atheists are deluded? We mind our business until one smartass or the other, in a bid to convince himself that his aimless existence has meaning, takes it upon himself to teach us the 'fallacies' in our religion. And of course, a response means we are beating our chests.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by frank317: 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
honourhim:

I don't care whatever he says in another post. I don't attack or commend individuals rather I attack or commend what you wrote.
If an atheist makes a good point I commend it. That's my style.
That reply he gave answered you, stop twisting it.

Of course what he says will make absolute sense to you as long as he believes in God. For now Allah can be ur God just as long as he is a believer in something. After all u need help to challenge atheists, then latter u can warn him on how he says would go to hell for believing in the wrong God.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are clowns. Stop believing, it's erroneous, if its all about believe I would believe in a tree and make my case based on my delusion.

Even if atheists are wrong, the fact that they ask questions and seek to know instead of just believing should make u give them some credit. I feel if your God exists he would love atheists better.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by honourhim: 5:59am On Nov 21, 2014
frank317:

Of course what he says will make absolute sense to you as long as he believes in God. For now Allah can be ur God just as long as he is a believer in something. After all u need help to challenge atheists, then latter u can warn him on how he says would go to hell for believing in the wrong God.

I wonder how you reason. Are you a clown? This thread is addressed to religious people. Now you are crying because i quoted a reply that fits you from a religious person.

frank317:

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are clowns. Stop believing, it's erroneous, if its all about believe I would believe in a tree and make my case based on my delusion.

Even if atheists are wrong, the fact that they ask questions and seek to know instead of just believing should make u give them some credit. I feel if your God exists he would love atheists better.

The difference between us and you is that we dont ask foolish questions. We dont also believe foolishly. You didnt know what you believed that was what led you into questions. I know what i believe. it will amount to gross foolishness for me to question what i know and i'm very sure of. That you dont know doesnt mean i dont know so face your life.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Weah96: 6:05am On Nov 21, 2014
Abuamam:

It is not blatantly obvious if we are to use the same standards you demand as evidence. Unless we test every post on the internet and ascertain that a person or a person operated computer posted it, we should not believe in western fairy tales that all posts on the internet are by people, so we must all desist from believing it. I am reasoning according to your standards here.

So, it cannot be assumed that human beings or human operated computers are the only sources of internet comments? That's an appeal to absurdity, you know.

You come here selling Jesus, who, like Obi Okonkwo, exists in a novel. There is nothing in reality to corroborate the fact that the character exists outside of the NOVEL.

This is what the character says about his powers in the novel:

John 14:12-14
12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me[e] anything in my name, I will do it.

Look closely at reality, examine yourself as a "believer," does it look like these words are true?

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by beejaay: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2014
Abuamam:

Yes I am a muslim now, though have previously denied that God exists.

The science of hadith thoroughly vouches each and every person involved in a chain of narrators. His life history is studied for evidence of truthfulness, possibility of forgetfulness, whether he historically lived in the time period and location as the person he claimed to have recieved the information from, and the probability of his having studied or actually heard from the person. And the process continues up the chain of narrators directly to the person(s) who saw the event directly from the prophet (saw). The process does not stop there. Evidence is sought from independent sources for collaborating narrative of the same event. These independent sources would likely have their own chain of narrators who also undergo thorough vouching. This goes on until all the chains for a specific hadith have been vouched. We are looking at a single statement from the prophet (saw) here, or a single action. The hadith can then be ranked as authentic, acceptable, weak or fabricated... to mention the simplest form of ranking. This system of historical narrative is the most reliable possible, and no other historical events undergo such authentication; historians of other events often base their hypotheses on a single faded papyrus and it gets accepted worldwide. The muslim system requires exhaustive examination before acceptance.

"Fabulous signs" are a reference to signs that are inexplicable from a scientific perspective. These events or 'miracles' if you like, occurred hundreds of times during the life of the prophet (saw). While muslims believe that such miracles are not exclusive to prophets or 'Godly' men, and we do not boast of them as signs of prophethood, we know that many such scientifically inexplicable signs did occur by his agency. I mention it here not as evidence of the truth of Islam, but to inform you that the story of the Buraq is just one out of hundreds of transmitted narrations of different miracles.
i bet u av not read any volume of any hadith(bukhari,muslim,ishaq or tabari collections) thats why u keep up with this ur pledging if not u will avoid this thread like a plague.if u want to try pick up bukhari collection(which happen to be the most authentic of them all) and read it with total love for humanity and God(since u believe in that word) and see if u would still hold this ur conviction after

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by frank317: 8:28am On Nov 21, 2014
honourhim:

I wonder how you reason. Are you a clown? This thread is addressed to religious people. Now you are crying because i quoted a reply that fits you from a religious person.

Oh puuuleeeeese? You and I know he is as much as ur 'enemy' as I am in this battle of believe. The reason why he does not believe in your God is the reason why I don't believe in your god too. Its just proves the op if you actually read and understood.
He being religious like you does not put both of u in the same boat. He has outrigthly condemed your believe system even while he challenged the op. Yet you cling unto him like a lost child just to prove your point. Pls stop making me feel I am talking to a kid.

The difference between us and you is that we dont ask foolish questions. We dont also believe foolishly. You didnt know what you believed that was what led you into questions. I know what i believe. it will amount to gross foolishness for me to question what i know and i'm very sure of. That you dont know doesnt mean i dont know so face your life.

I challenge you to quote just one single foolish question an atheist has ever asked you.

The last time I check asking question is not a bad thing.

Well if you know what you 'believe' I will not be surprised... After all, your dear friend who you quoted also knows what he believes. But do you know that he knows that what you know you believe is false? Confirm this before you quote him again. clown.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by honourhim: 8:42am On Nov 21, 2014
frank317:

Oh puuuleeeeese? You and I know he is as much as ur 'enemy' as I am in this battle of believe. The reason why he does not believe in your God is the reason why I don't believe in your god too. Its just proves the op if you actually read and understood.
He being religious like you does not put both of u in the same boat. He has outrigthly condemed your believe system even while he challenged the op. Yet you cling unto him like a lost child just to prove your point. Pls stop making me feel I am talking to a kid.

I challenge you to quote just one single foolish question an atheist has ever asked you.

The last time I check asking question is not a bad thing.

Well if you know what you 'believe' I will not be surprised... After all, your dear friend who you quoted also knows what he believes. But do you know that he knows that what you know you believe is false? Confirm this before you quote him again. clown.

See how you are crying and wailing because i quoted him. You and him are not the same. You believe in no God at all, no creator. Its only senseless people that will believe there is no creator. You and him are wide apart so stop crying. We have our differences in our beliefs but thats not the issue now. You are just bringing this one as a cover up to your foolish believe. When we get to a thread where we discuss which God is right or which of the two(christianity and Islam) is right then we iron it out but for now, deal with his post. I can see the thing dey pain you. kpele o, ndo biko o grin
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by frank317: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2014
Abuamam:

As for beating our chests, how many posts do you see by muslims claiming that you atheists are deluded? We mind our business until one smartass or the other, in a bid to convince himself that his aimless existence has meaning, takes it upon himself to teach us the 'fallacies' in our religion. And of course, a response means we are beating our chests.

Common sense might not be that common but I know u have it. Yet I wonder why you chose too sell us crap. Just the fact that you can use the internet should stop you from using the example above.
You know you just believe in God and if he was half as real as the posts in the internet we wouldn't even be having this arguement.
If I see my father everyday or even once in a year would I come out to argue with my friends that I have no father? Would anyone even think it wise to indulge in such an argument with me? Arguements only occure when the facts are not clear, so stop using examples that have never led to argument to clearify an issue that has always led to argument. Stop using what is obvious to clearify what is not obvious.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by frank317: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2014
honourhim:

See how you are crying and wailing because i quoted him. You and him are not the same. You believe in no God at all, no creator. Its only senseless people that will believe there is no creator. You and him are wide apart so stop crying. We have our differences in our beliefs but thats not the issue now. You are just bringing this one as a cover up to your foolish believe. When we get to a thread where we discuss which God is right or which of the two(christianity and Islam) is right then we iron it out but for now, deal with his post. I can see the thing dey pain you. kpele o, ndo biko o grin

Lol, if believing I am pained makes you feel good, hey, have fun after all you are used to believing anything you want. I have made my point and am glad you comfortable chose to avoid it. What has crying got to do with anything here? The difference in your believes is the problem with religion and actually part of what the op is all about and that's what am trying to point out, instead u chose to see me as crying. Seriously

I am still waiting for one foolish question that has been asked you by an atheist before.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Sagamite(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
Abuamam:

I will come back to this at the end.

Abuamam:

This is such a weak analogy or argument.

If I am just a figment of your imagination, how can a scientist verify my existence for you?

Would the scientist not also be a figment of your imagination? undecided

Abuamam:

Stop talking absolute shyt!

As I told you, I am at an intellectual level that is way above yours, so never come with some useless claims without examples and then think you have an argument.

Tell us the scientific fallacies and the every item of technology that was confidently denied possible you refer to. Tell us the eminent scientists that made these statements.

Don't you dare run from defending this statement and don't try and take an escape route by telling me to visit my cousin to get evidence of your own assertions for you.

You will realise I am not the kind of person you pull rubbish from your arsse from and then say they are facts.

Abuamam:

Now back to this.

So you say all these are fictitious?

REALLY?

I would go through it one by one, and then tell me how it is fictitious.

orders and participates in armed robberies

Are you saying Muhammed and his followers did not rob caravans going to Mecca or villages they attacked?

3 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by plaetton: 12:17am On Nov 22, 2014
Sagamite:

Oh, now it is "google is your friend"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you cannot name any of the people you so confidently proclaimed as men with integrity?

Nor can you name your miracles?

Why?

You pulled those arguments from your arsse?
Dp
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by plaetton: 12:17am On Nov 22, 2014
Sagamite:

Oh, now it is "google is your friend"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you cannot name any of the people you so confidently proclaimed as men with integrity?

Nor can you name your miracles?

Why?

You pulled those arguments from your arsse?

I say that god lives in the head of the believer.
But they seem to pull stuff from the arrsse to defend it.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 22, 2014
Not an Atheist,but I swear atheists are some of the smartest people to ever walk this earth.The ability to Question,not accept anything without a logical basis,is a basic function of the brain-but 95% of humans will never use it.its only after questioning,and making logic and reason paramount,that the human brain has really been used.
@topic,my views are conflicted,so I reserve my comments.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Weah96: 4:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
you wouldn't believe if i told you so there's no need.

Forget me. There's money in it for YOU. Lots of money.

http://web.randi.org/the-million-dollar-challenge.html

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by peterphd(m): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2014
honourhim:

In a jihad,would that guy cut your head off or not?
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by Weah96: 7:51am On Nov 22, 2014
honourhim:

We have our differences in our beliefs but thats not the issue now.

Ok, he's only headed to hell fire for not accepting Jesus as Lord and savior, but I see your point.

There's a special condo in hell for people who didn't believe in God at all.

The Allah people get a room with periodic ventilation.

Am I wrong?
Re: Understanding Religious Delusions. by frank317: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2014
honourhim:

ya right, just believe in a creator and you are automatically sensible. He believes in Allah, you believe in Yaweh, some indians believe in cows, now i know you all are very sensible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 BAD Trends For Atheists / God's Warning For Youth About Hell And Heaven / Filing Tax Returns On Your Tithes And Charitable Gifts, Is It Ok In God's Eyes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.