Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Husband......... - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719563 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by Jumizie13(f): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
Flakky flakky

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by princessadeola(f): 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
welcome back

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Kflorencek(f): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
nice one Flakky, welcome back

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Shakyroh320(f): 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
welcome and weldone

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Alawokit(f): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
Thanks for d update madam flakky,weldone

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by SPDAZZY(f): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2016
So here I am, I stumbled upon this story yesterday and I am wowed.

Such is life, no one can tell what tomorrow holds.

Sweet and sour.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by mzposhberry90(f): 9:30am On Mar 03, 2016
Nyc one flakky. More ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 11:52am On Mar 03, 2016
Episode 103

"Take a look at this." Rekia thrusted a pack at her friend."This is beautiful." Hannah examined the piece,it was a white coated neck band,with two piece of earrings and a hand chain.It looked beautiful,but it must be quite expensive too.
"Yeah,this looks great,but it must have cost so much." She said,handing it back to her.
"5k"
"That's much,but considering what you have in your hand,its worth it." She was tired,she had come back early from work,today being a friday.But she had been unable to sleep much,she had so much on her mind.She glanced at the wall clock."Did Toun tell you where she was going?"
"Nope."
"It's almost seven and she's not yet back." Hannah said.
"She's not a kid,let her be jare,by the way I'm going out tonight." Rekia smiled.
"Hmmm,a date?"
"Clubbing,you want to join me?"
"No way."
"You're too dull,anyway I need to loose some energy." She laughed,"But I hope that doesn't stop you from helping me pick something to where."
Hannah laughed,"That'll be after I put something in here." She said touching her stomach.
"There's potato porridge with lots of fish and some vegetables,if you don't mind."
"I don't mind." Hannah answered.
Rekia followed her to the kitchen,Hannah served herself,adding a glass of juice to the tray,they returned to the sitting room,She selected a tv station and they sat down to watch.
"Wait o Hannah." Rekia said all of a sudden.
"What is it?"
"I haven't seen Ade here in a while,are you guys cool?"
Hannah almost choked on her food,she dropped her spoon carefully,"We're cool."
"He's busy with work,that's why,and you know being a manager is not a child's play."She added,digging into her food.
"Don't you think its weird,how about weekends too,you haven't been going out too."
"Ahhh,abeg leave me,I said he's busy,what part of busy do you not understand?" She said angrily,getting up,she picked her tray and left for her room.
Rekia watched her leave,she put off the tv and replayed their conversation in her head,where did she go wrong.she found none.she picked her phone it was ringing.

Hannah dumped the food on her dressing table and sat on her bed,Rekia had just succeeded in ruining her appetite.she hissed aloud.But the poor girl seemed concerned for real.
Truth be told,Ade had only called her once since their introduction party.And she too once.Well,section 1 of their deal said two phone calls in a week and it must be to discuss something important no chitty chat .

And she had exhausted the two calls trying to plead with him,to call off the deal.She shouldn't have agreed to those crazy terms in the first place,but her emotions were on the loose that day,and she didn't want to be a disgrace to the family if he refused to show up.She had hastily agreed to all those nonsense.Now she couldn't even call him on will.
She picked her handbag,and retrieved her phone.she speed dialed his number,he picked up at the third ring.
"I hope what you're calling me for is extremely important." Ade said without waiting to exchange any pleasantries.Hannah maintained her cool."Yes."
"Be fast,I'm busy."
"We need to talk please."
"About?"
"Us."
"Us is a deal,or you forgot?look don't call me excepts its worth it." He stressed the "worth"
The call was over,because he ended it.Hannah starred at the phone.She wished all these were not happening at all.She was crying again,and her head was pounding.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by bummybummy(f): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2016
I feel pity for Hannah oo, i tout Ade love her nw, y treatn her lik a trash; two sister avn prblm wit dia marriage; O ma se ooo. Tnx 4 d update Flakky
Re: My Husband......... by virtuedagirl(f): 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
Welldone ma

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by virtuedagirl(f): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Welcome back flakky & thanks for the updates. For this two sisters alot is happening in their relationships,for Jacob his temper is smthing else,i believe the ought to understand themselve better after living together for some time now & for Ade i'm sure all he needs is time.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
A stubborn part of her asked her to walk away from that black gate she had known for years.But a tiny little voice,like a child's against an army of soldiers gently urged her to do the deed.
It would be useless to have stayed in the car for four hours waiting for the covers of darkness,and now that she got it.she would stand and see this to the end.Memories flushed in her mind,and her days in this one storeyed building played over and over in her head.After gathering enough courage,she raised her hands to knock the gate.That was before she noticed a black SUV car driving towards the gate,she stepped away and pretended to be a passerby,while the car honked,and the lady she saw in the afternoon came out to open the gate.She watched the car go in,she couldn't make out the figure or identity of its driver.
It was getting darker,as she moved towards the gate to make one last effort.This time she knocked on the gate.she couldn't believe her ears when someone answered,and before she could scurry away like a rabbit.The small gate opened in her face.It was the same lady,this time,a little child held on to her.
"Good evening." The lady said,since Toun refused to say a word.
"Hey...um..um...good evening." She stammered. "Who are you asking of?"
"I want to see Mrs Adepoju." She inquired in a voice that didn't belong to her.Did she just refer to her mother like a stranger?
"Heaven help me" she murmured quietly.
"Come in." The lady closed the gate after her and led the way with the child. She was too farmiliar with the building,the stairs and the people in it.
The lady opened the door that led to the sitting room,"please come in."
Adetoun Adepoju Omolewa stepped in,trying to make sense of everything,the lady's face looked farmiliar,but she couldn't place it.The sitting room looked exquisitely furnished than what it used to be,the sofa's had been replaced with multi coloured ones,the electonic gadgets,the paintings that hung on the wall.They must have come into good money,she deduced,heaving a sigh.
"Adeola is that you?" A male voiced asked from inside.
"Yes,mum has got a visitor."She said aloud."Have your seat ma."

She wondered If this was Adeola,but no,it couldn't be,she looked older than her.
"I'll be out in a minute." Adekunle said,his voice had not changed one bit.though firm and masculine.she would recognise it anywhere anyday anytime.
Adeola excused herself,to get the visitor something to drink.Adetoun got up,starring at an old family portrait of over twelve years now.she remembered it was the the first day of the year when the picture was taken,and she had smiled happily at the beautiful lace material her mother had handed her to wear.Even though she never wore it again.she was still starring when the air in the sitting room grew cold and wild.she froze in motion.she could feel him.He was in there with her.And she knew he would recognise her instantly.
But she was mistaken,she didn't have to face him before he knew who had her back to him."Sister!" He exclaimed wildly,as hot tears clung to the corners of his eyes.
It took her ages to turn,to face him,she could feel the shattering emotion as he rushed towards her and cradled her in a passionate timeless embrace,almost crushing breath out of her.
"Sister!" He called again,not believing his eyes.He had tears in his eyes this time and he couldn't stop them from running loose.
Adetoun was too pressed to say a word,she was dumb struck,as she opened her eyes to take in the picture of the grown man standing before her.She had to look up to meet his eyes,cause he was taller than her now.he had broad shoulders,muscular arms,he looked fit,like a runway model.He was definetely handsome and his face when he made an effort to smile was the best.She took all this in two full minute of starring at him.
He lifted his finger to her eyes,she didn't even know she had tears on her face until he wiped them away."What....what....what took you so long Adetoun?"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by ammy4id: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ride on flakky

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by onosj(f): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
Flakky welcome back.
Re: My Husband......... by kingphilip(m): 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
It takes strong will courage to forgive people especially close ones who pierced the dagger so deep into the heart

Thanks Adetoun for trying to reconcile

Flakkydagirl welcome back
I enjoyed this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by Niwdog(m): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
Welcome back shocked

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Horlubunmmy: 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
Good decision Adetoun.
Madam flakky Weldon ma'am

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by SPDAZZY(f): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
Nice decision Adetoun

Thanks flakky for the update, when I finished reading yesterday, from the comments, I thought it would take a while before I read something new.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. Thanks again

More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by tfabu: 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmm,time to reconcile wit her family afterall blood is thicker than water

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by bummybummy(f): 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
nice one

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
"It is a long story." She managed to say,her voice was shaking and so was her body.she could feel another pair of eyes on her,
"Why do you have tears in your eyes Kunle?" Adeola asked coming to his side.
"Look at her,don't you know her anymore?can't you recognise her?" Adekunle almosted shouted.His breathing high.
"No."
"Sister Adetoun." He whispered,like her name was some secret.
"No no no...." She was starring harder at Toun."Oh no...its her.Sister Adetoun." She flunged into her arms.In all her dreams,she had always expected a cold reception from her only step sister.
Adetoun recognised her now,but how come she looked older than her age,"But....Adeola,how come you look old,I couldn't even recognise you."
Adeola was silent,unusual for a girl who used to speakly wildly without control or respect.
"Hmmm,a lot of water has passed under her bridge,she looks old because she has had four difficult abortion without our knowledge,and she still went ahead to get pregnant a fifth one,this time,the quack doctor could not even make an attempt,because she was not pregnant with one child,she was not pregnant with two children,she was pregnant with three children." Adekunle paused to catch his breath.
Adetoun was in a state of shock,she was taking in too much information than she could digest.Her heart raced faster and faster.
He continued,"The first one was in the left fallopian tube,utopic pregnancy,the second one was in her right fallopian tube,utopic pregnancy,the third one was in the middle,by the time they did the x-ray,they had to cut through the fallopian tube and monitor every development,she was in the hospital for five months.Unfortunately only the one in the middle survived.and that's the child clinging to her,this old woman woman before you can no longer carry a child.My darling sister has learn't her lesson the hard way." Adekunle finished,he was sweating profusely.And Adetoun was now beside Adeola who was crying.
"Sister." She said quietly.Toun couldn't remember if Adeola had ever called her that."Maybe if I had listened to mummy,maybe if I had listened to Kunle,maybe if I hadn't let youth exurberance get in the way of my educatiom.......maybe.....maybe if you were here.It wouldn't have happened."

Adetoun bit back the tears this time around,maybe.....a slight maybe.maybe if she hadn't stayed back all those years.Things might have taken a different course.

There was a moment of silence in the room,"I'm so sorry about all this,I really am,please forgive me."

"Where is .... .....Olayemi and daddy?" She couldn't bring herself to call him father again. The silence grew deeper.

This time Adeola volunteered to speak,"After you left,mum almost ran mad,dad wasn't getting much contract,he was always home lazying around.And Kunle also hated him for what he did to you.They almost fought one day,because he consantly reminded him of his ugly misconduct.Mum would not let him be,she nagged him a lot,he lost his respect around her and he resorted to drinking and gambling away the few money he had left."

"By this time,Olayemi had also grown wild and deviant,not even Kunle could control him,he joined dad in his dirty gambling after dropping from senior secondary school two,since he was rusticated for drugging and beating up a teacher with his gangs over a female student.One sad and unforgettable morning,Dad pleaded with mum to forgive him for all that he did to you and also begged that you forgive him wherever you may be,that same evening,Olayemi accompanied dad and they went on a drinking spree,on their way back,they were too drunk to see the trailer speeding across.They both died at the scene of the accident." Adeola burst into fresh tears,Adekunle joined her and finally a grieve stricken Adetoun.

She had missed so much,she wished she had come back earlier."Mum?" She waited carefully to hear that she was dead and long buried.
"Mum is fine." Adekunle answered.Toun heaved a sigh of relief,she couldn't handle another death report tonight.
"Where is she?"
"Inside.....in her room."
"Why hasn't she come out all this while?"
"She can't."
"Why?"
"She's bedridden,she has a terminal disease,one that if money could cure,I would be eager to spend my entire bank account,but the doctor said she can't make it and no need to bother on any surgery."Adekunle looked sad now.
"Have you thought about flying her out?"
"The doctor said it would be a futile effort,all that she needed was soft medications and prayers.And for the past three years,she has lain on that bed,praying for you to come home so that she can apologise and her soul can find some rest." He stood up and she followed him.
The foul smell hit her nose before she saw her,or rather the remains of her mother.the Biyisi she knew was chubby and full of life,but this pack of bone with a ragged face couldn't pass for her mother.she looked sick and dying.Void of life and old. Adetoun touched her and the woman on the bed opened her eyes,they were tired looking and haggard.
"Adetoun." The woman said breathlessly,and all of a sudden,she began to cough heavily,she wanted to speak but the cough was stopping her.she wanted to get up,but she couldn't.she was gasping for breath,she was losing it.
"Call the doctor." Adekunle shouted trying to steady his mother with a cup of God knows to her mouth,his hand were shaking so was the woman on her death bed. Adeola grabbed the phone and said the doctor was on his way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband......... by saraphina(f): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
e Ku writing oo madam Flakky.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Molz(m): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
yo quick question. who is olayemi?

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by SPDAZZY(f): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
Wow, I am so happy with the constant update.

A pity the family fell apart.

Thanks flakky

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by princessadeola(f): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Whao , d family has gone thru a lot.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Rukkydelta(f): 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nice one.......Welcome back flakky cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by chii8(f): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
Kaii...which kin tin be dis,op well done jare.thanks for d mention

toun kpele oo

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Akposb(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
Beautiful twist to this story. Waiting for more...well done Op.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by jummy604: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by jummy604: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Why is toun's family facing a lot of p,this is sad. As for hanna, dunno wat to say.rekia keep enjoyn

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Yemluvkid(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thanks flakky

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 7:48am On Mar 07, 2016
"Your momma is going to fine." Kelvin assured her,planting a kiss on her forehead."I can't wait to meet her though."
"Yeah,just don't get your hopes high,she says she wants to bless us,before she goes,the doc says she doesn't have much time left." Adetoun said."You know,I think I stayed away too long,and a lot happened in my absence too."
"Don't start with the tears now,you don't have to punish yourself for that,we learn as we grow,and as we grow we learn too.let it go." He said circling his arms around her."I'm glad you did this."
Adetoun smiled happily,"Let's start going you know,the others will be on their way now." She said getting up from the couch,she picked her jacket and her purse.
They walked side by side out of the sitting room,she stopped in her tracks,"Thanks for supporting me on this mission,it would have been impossible without you." She squeezed his hands.
"I love you Kelvin."
Kelvin smiled.
"What are you going to say?'
"I'm stuck with the most beautiful woman in the world,what else am I supposed to say other than I love you too baby." He said,lifting her up her feet.He kissed her passionately on the lips,and she responded too."Let's go inside." Kelvin whispered almost out of breath.
"No,we're going to be late." She said.

The journey to the hospital was a quiet one,another thing she loved about this man,was his ability to take in situation,as if on cue,he'd let her be alone with her rumbling thought.
She was nervous,her mother had insisted on meeting her new family,the Smith's and the Odenuga's.The woman on the bed wasn't the Biyisi of old days,this new woman was kind,soft hearted and loving.Maybe its true that the closer you get to death,the more love you need.
It was difficult convincing the doc to let them all in at once,there was Jane,Jacob,the twins,Hannah,Rekia,Bibi,Adekunle,Kelvin,Adeola and a not too happy Ade.
It was quite a re-union,with Biyisi saying so many loving things,the doc said she could go home,and maybe the re-union was a safe medication,because her heart responded better to treatment.That was not to say,she was fine and all,but it looked like Biyisi was buying herself time by allowing her heart to be happy,it was a good exercise.The doc said,she should stop counting the years,but rather live in the moment and cherish every passing minute because it could be her last.
The little get-together ended at Biyisi's home,where some snack and refreshment were served and everyone chatted happily.Some close friends had been invited too to welcome her home.Although Biyisi had been to bed,Adetoun could not help sneaking up to watch the woman while she slept.
Toun was the happiest,putting old corpses to rest was better definition of peace of mind.Adekunle would not let her out of his sight for a minute,they had spoken at length today.He had graduated with a second class upper and now works in a multi national company with a six digit salary and other luxurious benefit.Toun was so happy for him.
Adeola is currently seeing a consellor and is in her sophomore year in school.Everyone seemed happy to have her around.
"You're the only one here who is not smiling." Hannah whispered to Ade,"Just smile a bit for me please." She got up to speak with Rekia.
"That guy is cute." Rekia smacked her lips,
Hannah looked around,"Who?" She followed Rekia's eye.
"You got to be kidding me right,that's Toun's younger brother,you're an old mama you know." Hannah pinched her friend.
"Does it matter,age is just a number,I'm so far from thirty,abeg give me a break."She sipped her wine.
Hannah scoffed,"Just leave the young man alone."
"That's better,but let this young man make dcisions for himself."She chuckled quielty.Toun and Adekunle walked hand in hand to meet them. "Hey girls."Toun laughed.
"Hey you too." Rekia smiled."Its so nice meeting you kunle."
"The pleasure is mine." He laughed sweetly.
"Can you please excuse us." Rekia said pulling Kunle away from the girls."We'll be right back."
"What's with her?"Toun asked.
"She likes your lil handsome bro."
"For real?"
"Yeah,I mean if I wasn't engaged,I don't mind you being my sister-in-all." Hannah joked lightly.
"You're crazy sis,because he is not just my lil bro,he is our little handsome bro,do you get that?" Toun smiled,she took a sip from her drink.
Hannah did the same,"But Rekia is for real,she likes the dude though."
"She's out of her mind, and I'm going to break her head,if I see her near him."Toun said walking away.
Hannah sighed,"That's non of my business,I've got enough on my hand,like this dumb ass of a man that I am in love with." He was no longer in his seat,she saw him talking sweetly to her mum,sweet charmer.

It was some minutes to seven,some of their friends were about to start leaving,she searched around for Adekunle,so they could appreciate them for coming,but he was no where to be found.she was walking along the corridor when she heard a sound,like someone kissing,she opened the door.
It was Rekia kissing her brother passionately,she was going to get mad and she knew it."Are you out of your mind?that's my brother." She gasped.
"Yeah,I kissed him fine but,he kissed me too." Rekia replied getting up from the bed,but before she could step away,Toun landed a hot slap right across her mouth"whoosh" Rekia's lip was bleeding as she picked her purse and stormed out angrily.
"Adekunle?" She called,disappointed by his actions.
"Sis." He drawled.
Toun saw the empty bottle of whiskey and some tablets on the stool.The idiot got him drunk,and probably slipped something into drink."Rekia is a bastard." She hissed,emptying the remaining drink on the floor.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.