Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,967 members, 7,845,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3800260 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) (3841) (3842) (3843) ... (3852) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 3:31pm On May 14
joseph1832:
I'm referring to The Fall Guy, not whatever you think I'm referring to.
well done sir, but you replied to a thread discussing the boy and the heron
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:06pm On May 14
🎥 Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024) = 5.4/10 ✔️

Childish & Femcentric. It has become an abomination in Hollywood to cast little boys in movies these days. Can't remember the last time i saw one. A new kind of mental illness is creeping into Hollywood actresses, they are adopting boys and converting them to girls, it's sickening. 🤮

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheHulk616: 4:47pm On May 14
pu7pl3:

I'm here bro
Thanks for looking out

Thehulk616
Kaycee7
Welcome back man, I was worried.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:01pm On May 14
WriterNig:
🎥 Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024) = 5.4/10 ✔️

Childish & Femcentric. It has become an abomination in Hollywood to cast little boys in movies these days. Can't remember the last time i saw one. A new kind of mental illness is creeping into Hollywood actresses, they are adopting boys and converting them to girls, it's sickening. 🤮

Explain turning boys to girls please
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:08pm On May 14
WriterNig:
🎥 The Mountain Between Us (2017) = 6/10 ✔️ ❤️

I enjoyed this movie sha I won't lie.

This scene was just lit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXMs6g6Pdmw?si=V6r8d_e7oIrsmTdl

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:10pm On May 14
abduleez1:

I still no even sure sef cos[b] I ain't seen it in my searoutes[/b]. But I know say e no fit pass this month sha.

We didn't choose this life. It chose us ......
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 5:22pm On May 14
Illusioneffect:
People are saying the Deadpool and Wolverine movie sucks ass

Earlier today an article was published by @TheDirect, which reported that the initial responses from test screenings of the movie were predominantly positive. Would you mind sharing your source?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:30pm On May 14
pu7pl3:

I'm here bro
Thanks for looking out

Thehulk616
Kaycee7
Welcome back bro
Been a while
You just carry abdulzeez oxygen waka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:33pm On May 14
Illusioneffect:

E reach to ask😂
How man go do
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:22pm On May 14
pu7pl3:

I'm here bro
Thanks for looking out

See as the thread dey pop for you like French crowd at Backlash 😁😁

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 7:27pm On May 14
pu7pl3:

I'm here bro
Thanks for looking out

Thehulk616
Kaycee7

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 7:46pm On May 14
I saw a thread on I think twitter that says modern Hollywood is one big money laundering machine. Fair points were made there

But my question is, why do production companies pay star artistes millions of dollars if they are still going to end up paying almost or sometimes more than the production cost to market a movie?

Why is advertisement/marketing costing up to $200m, I just read that the 2015 mad max ended up being a loss for the company and I was livid for no reason.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:48pm On May 14
10thDentist:
I saw a thread on I think twitter that says modern Hollywood is one big money laundering machine. Fair points were made there

But my question is, why do production companies pay star artistes millions of dollars if they are still going to end up paying almost or sometimes more than the production cost to market a movie?

Why is advertisement/marketing costing up to $200m, I just read that the 2015 mad max ended up being a loss for the company and I was livid for no reason.

Don't believe everything you read bro

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by johnyace(m): 8:13pm On May 14
Dune - 7/10 had to rewatch because I had forgotten most of what happened
Dune part two - 7/10 nice movie

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 8:19pm On May 14
NeoWanZaeed:

Don't believe everything you read bro
I didn’t say I agree with what the poster said, I only said he/she made fair points

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:35pm On May 14
10thDentist:

That's just straight up bullshít... No production company spends $200mn for marketing.
The average marketing budget for blockbusters is around $100-120mn. The biggest you'd see is $150mn for absurdly huge marketing over budget.

The rarity are films like Avatar: The Way of Water with $175mn marketing and Avengers: Endgame with $200mn. After these two movies you'd be hard pressed seeing a movie spend over $150mn for marketing costs.

As for Mad Max I ain't sure and I don't think it's a loss for the company. If not WB won't be bringing back the franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:58pm On May 14
When this lady go give us her next premium?? 👀👀

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:14pm On May 14
phr0nesis:

Welcome back bro
Been a while
You just carry abdulzeez oxygen waka

Which oxygen abeg? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:15pm On May 14
Kaycee7:
See as the thread dey pop for you like French crowd at Backlash 😁😁

I'm honoured tbh
I didn't think people here would still remember me self.
It really feels good to be back.

Gloriousgbola

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:17pm On May 14
[quote author=samistry post=129953873][/quote]

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 2:08am On May 15
10thDentist:

While I would avoid using the term "laundering," I understand the point you are making. The decision of production companies to pay substantial amounts to star actors for their roles in movies can be influenced by various factors, but I will focus on the two most common reasons. Firstly, the nature of the role itself plays a significant role, like in the case of Joaquin Phoenix, for instance, his exceptional acting talent is a primary consideration. His popularity serves as an added advantage, but I have observed that his talent is often required more for certain roles than his fame, or at least the two are equally important.

The second reason is that a more popular face helps establish a connection with a larger audience. However, the dynamics have shifted recently. Advertising costs for some movies are high because a significant amount has already been allocated to production expenses. Convincing executives to invest $30 million in marketing a movie is challenging if the production budget alone isn't around the $60 - $65 million range. When dealing with a high-budget project, every effort is made to ensure its success at the box office.

Therefore, there is an interconnectedness between the substantial spending on casting, which is a significant contribution to production cost, and the utilization of various means to generate widespread attention, all aimed at preventing commercial failure and thus inflating the total budget to unconventional figures. I hope this clarifies the matter for you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 8:03am On May 15
Godzilla X Kong ..

Good but wasn't up to my expectation ..

Graphics, CGI snw whatnots are on point ..

The black guy playing the nerd podcaster or whatever was not a good fit for the role ..

Watching him every time just seemed nauseating..

It's a 5/10 for me too

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:21am On May 15
pu7pl3:

Which oxygen abeg? grin
Your absence made breathing difficult for your guy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:23am On May 15
Silentgroper:
Godzilla X Kong ..

The black guy playing the nerd podcaster or whatever was not a good fit for the role ..

It's a 5/10 for me too
I kept on forwarding all his parts.
I haven't finished watching it, but when I do, I'm not sure my rating will be up to 5/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 8:53am On May 15
pu7pl3:

Which oxygen abeg? grin
which of the fúcking asgardians released you from detention? Thor and hela, I need you to put him back in two thousand years of frozen confinement without parole till further hearing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 9:03am On May 15
phr0nesis:

I kept on forwarding all his parts.
I haven't finished watching it, but when I do, I'm not sure my rating will be up to 5/10
tbh, I would cringe whenever he's on ..

It's probably what the other guy that rated it first meant when he said they're turning boys to girls ..

He was really acting feminine...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jamsal18(m): 10:38am On May 15
Goodmorning, i have been checking reviews and critics on this thread for more than a year, i just find it lazy to login to nairaland. Nice to meet y'all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:39am On May 15
phr0nesis:

🤣🤣🤣
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:40am On May 15
bisqit:
which of the fúcking asgardians released you from detention? Thor and hela, I need you to put him back in two thousand years of frozen confinement without parole till further hearing

What's Thor and Hela to the presence?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:34pm On May 15
Silentgroper:
Godzilla X Kong ..

It's a 5/10 for me too

The film felt rushed to me. I mean, they could have taken sometime to show us scenes of the battle involving Godzilla against the Apes and how it connects to the Iwi people and Mothra: expounding on it a little would have done no harm.

Use 15 minutes to show us past events before jumping to the present instead they rushed it all in a two minute explanation in one scene. It's like they were trying as much as possible to cram the film under two hours.

CGI was too poor in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:48pm On May 15
phr0nesis:

Dey play.... Which breathing dey difficult cos I no understand this your banter. 😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:16pm On May 15
🎥 The Last Stop In Yuma County (2023) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Thrilling. Highly recommended.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) (3841) (3842) (3843) ... (3852) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.