Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755307 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:01pm On May 19, 2018
Ishilove:

Which one mindfvcked you? Enemy or revenge?

There's no iota of mindfuck in Revenge. Just a pretty straightforward film about a lady having her pound of flesh. But you'll like it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 19, 2018
Beorn:

No wonder you love series more than short movies. Left for you, you'd have wanted the movie to last up to 3 hours. grin

The movie is nice, though.

The shortness pain me die. I feel cheated afterwards, like I would feel if I'd rush through a steaming bowl of jollof rice and fried plantain.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 19, 2018
Ishilove:

Which one mindfvcked you? Enemy or revenge?

Enemy is the mind-bending one. Revenge is an uncomplicated, blood and gore lesson in retribution.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:10pm On May 19, 2018
koice:

The shortness pain me die. I felt cheated afterwards, like I would feel if I'd rush through a steaming bowl of jollof rice and fried plantain.
Lol.

I think the shortness of her revenge stems from the fact that her targets were too few. If they'd been more, the plots would've been longer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 19, 2018
Beorn:

Lol.

I think the shortness of her revenge stems from the fact that her targets were too few. If they'd been more, the plots would've been longer.

Exactly. They would have increased the number of men and add in a woman or two. Make it a proper gang-b**g gone wrong or something. A gloriously longer carnage would have ensured lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by youngderek1(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2018
koice:
This is the 2nd time I'm seeing someone judge a film because of it's settings, instead of the much more important plotlines. Anyhoo, It's a mindf**k, thus it isn't supposed to make an absolute sense at first watch. Watch it again, and this time, try and see past the "horrible settings."
I guess he just watched a few episodes and concluded, season 2 and 3 is actually d part that really blows my mind when Cole and doctor railey were stuck in time and lived for few a years together having a son called d witness, people taught he was d witness but d truth was he only witnessed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 19, 2018
youngderek1:
I guess he just watched a few episodes and concluded, season 2 and 3 is actually d part that really blows my mind when Cole and doctor railey were stuck in time and live for few years together having a son called d witness, people taught he was d witness but d truth was he only witnessed
We were talking about the movie, not the show. It was a nice adaptation tho. SyFy did a nice job.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:16pm On May 19, 2018
koice:

Enemy is the mind-bending one. Revenge is an uncomplicated, blood and gore lesson in retribution.
Sounds exciting! Where can I download?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:21pm On May 19, 2018
Beorn:

There's no iota of mindfuck in Revenge. Just a pretty straightforward film about a lady having her pound of flesh. But you'll like it.
Sounds cliché. I'll stick to Enemy

I'm actually a fan of comedy, thrillers, mysteries, kung fu and gore...but not too much cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:21pm On May 19, 2018
Someone just got arrested by Aunty Spam grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 19, 2018
Ishilove:

Sounds exciting! Where can I download?

- Revenge

- Enemy

or

goo [dot] gl [slash] kncfwe if the link didn't work.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 19, 2018
Ishilove:
Someone just got arrested by Aunty Spam grin

I've learned to hide my links from the crazy bot.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 19, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm actually a fan of comedy, thrillers, mysteries, kung fu and gore...but not too much cheesy

And the collective works of Alex iron rod the mercenary. Can't forget him can we? Even if he is washed up tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 19, 2018
oyb:

And the collective works of Alex iron rod the mercenary. Can't forget him can we? Even if he is washed up tongue

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:40pm On May 19, 2018
koice:

Exactly. They would have increased the number of men and add in a woman or two. Make it a proper gang-b**g gone wrong or something. A gloriously longer carnage would have ensured lipsrsealed

LMFAO. They don't need to add another woman or two. Just add two other men as friends of Richard who connived with him in the failed act, and we have ourselves a longer carnage.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 19, 2018
Beorn:

LMFAO. They don't need to add another woman or two. Just add two other men as friends of Richard who connived with him in the failed act, and we have ourselves a longer carnage.

Aha! See, you get it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:42pm On May 19, 2018
Ishilove:

It sounds cliché but I can give you Davido's assurance that you won't regret it. Just check it out and give your testimony. Ensure to download the subtitle as well because about 10% of the dialogue was in French.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by okwabayi(m): 3:42pm On May 19, 2018
sprints1:
how come Natalie portman wasn't affected by the shimmy or shimmer and others died of it

It did. Just like disease affects people differently I'm sure it acted on her the same way. She was also the eye of the viewers so she had to remain as untouched as possible to give us a clear view of the devastation happening.

If you notice at the end when she asks her husband if it really was him alive both of their eyes glow to show something was in them -- the alien was in her and her husband was only a copy of his dead self.

attimes the way those writers write film they think we the viewers are so dumb and stupid...
You should have meditated on the story and not written off the movie as something without action.

and at the end alien copied her DNA and she killed the alien.
...thinking she was smart, not knowing her effect was the most symbolic. The alien rode into the real world using her body.

they never explained why she was resistant to the refraction created by the shimmer
Don't forget she was affected by the time lapse thing like everyone else. Time spent with her husband may have given her body a signature defense against the effects. I only wrote it off as her being too busy studying the effects on the environment to care about the effects on herself.

...stupid dumb movie for viewers like you...the movie just made me remember Prometheus another stupid sci fi movie that I wasted complete 2hrs watching...am not a gboa gboa movie guy I watch movies that sense is applied, movies that struck my 6th sense like molly' game
I'm halfway through Molly's game and about to watch Prometheus after enjoying Alien Covenant. I doubt the film will waste my time.
Annihilation's climax could come out better based on visual effects but for the budget used they tried.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by okwabayi(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2018
Abeg who knows where I can download Omotola's film Alter Ego? I was watching it on DStv's catch up, was enjoying the premise but the movie was heavily censored. I hate when DStv censors movies.

Please anyone with a link to the HD uncensored version should help a brother.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 4:11pm On May 19, 2018
Why are you all spoiled na?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:19pm On May 19, 2018
oyb:

Troll cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 7:13pm On May 19, 2018
Deadpool 2

7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:51pm On May 19, 2018
Beorn:

It sounds cliché but I can give you Davido's assurance that you won't regret it. Just check it out and give your testimony. Ensure to download the subtitle as well because about 10% of the dialogue was in French.
Accompany that assurance with a Lexus cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:28am On May 20, 2018
koice:

Weird, because Game Night is HILARIOUS. This is hands-down one of the best comedy movies I've seen in ages. The combination of action and laughs was perfection. Rachel McAdams (Annie) stole the show. I've never really loved/hated her before, but damn did she kill it in this. I'm definitely a new fan. Oh, and Sharon Horgan (Sarah) and Billy Magnussen (Ryan) were incredible and definitely honorable mention to Jesse Plemons (Gary), who was creepy and weird and adorable. But man... Jason Bateman needs to stop playing "young guys," he's like 50, and he looks it. He's known the other couple who have been dating since grade school for close to a decade? They're 29 and 34... so he was 40 hanging out with a 19 and 24 year old? C'mon now...

It has tons of funny moments. Some humor are subtle, whilst some are obvious:
- Selfie with fake Denzel Washington. The huge nose when she zoomed it was a comedy gold.
- "Man, glasses be acting weird today."
- Trying to crack a riddle that literally has no answer.
- "Babe, you're so smart and unfaithful!"
- Ryan having a legit Havard alumni ID card. Pretty hilarious when you realized Ryan is the dumbest guy in the movie.
- Ryan only having 18 dollars on him on a "Game night."
- etc

Bottom line, it's well written and tightly paced story, perfectly cast characters that each have a time to shine, impressive action scenes, some really creative cinematography, and most importantly... it was just fucking hilarious. I mean, it's not going to win any important awards or anything like that, but it's a solid entertainment. I hope the whole crew comes back for the sequel."

Nice writeup u've got there just to defend Game night, but the fact is that I don't really find dark comedy humorous.

Secondly, i found the violence in the movie unable to correlate with the comedy aspect, thus, it was more of an action flick to me.

Finally, it all Boil's down to what Ishilove said "personal choice"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:33am On May 20, 2018
sprints1:
how come Natalie portman wasn't affected by the shimmy or shimmer and others died of it attimes the way those writers write film they think we the viewers are so dumb and stupid... and at the end alien copied her DNA and she killed the alien..they never explained why she was resistant to the refraction created by the shimmer...stupid dumb movie for viewers like you...the movie just made me remember Prometheus another stupid sci fi movie that I wasted complete 2hrs watching...am not a gboa gboa movie guy I watch movies that sense is applied, movies that struck my 6th sense like molly' game

Strangely, I do agree with you as regards all the points you made against Annihilation. But as for Prometheus being a "stupid scifi movie", haba!! bros i beg to differ on that one. Its quite obvious you ain't into SciFi movies, you are kinda into Crime Drama genre. Coz if you were into SciFi movies, you would have understood the underlying concept behind Prometheus.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:34am On May 20, 2018
Marauders. 4.8/10
Genre: Action

Honestly, am I the only one who has gotten tired of Bruce Will's movies.

Jupiter Ascending. 7/10
Genre: SciFi

SciFi fans, this is definitely a must watch. Movie is so on point.

Erased (The Expatriate).4/10
Genre: Thriller

The script of this movie is so so unoriginal. The movie is what I refer to as a copycat.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 2:38am On May 20, 2018
Anon.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jade912: 7:20am On May 20, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jammer777: 9:55am On May 20, 2018
koice:

I watched the movie, because, Gerald Butler. As an action movie goes, it doesn't disappoint. The shootouts were realistic in their simplicity.

It's true the plot would have used a little bit of work, but again, it might have pegged it back some. In my experience, the best action thrillers usually throw the plot out of the window. Why is this necessary? It's basic. You can't eat your cake and have it. It's rare to see a situation whereby a movie with a plot of Se7en is clammed in with a movie with the action sequence of Crank. Both are polar opposites of each other, and as such would try to steal the thunder of the other, thereby complicating the heck out of what would have been a simple straight forward action thriller with a little bit of a plot twist.

So it's always better to avoid this scenerio by keeping the plot as weak as possible to let the theme shine through, and Den of Thieves did that to perfection. Don't try to overthink it, just watch it for the mindless adrenaline rush it's supposed to be.

Part 2 is already in the works, and is to be shot in Europe.

You mean they had to keep it basic and simple for a movie based on the fact that a Federal Reserve can be broken n robbed off untraceable notes after 53 attempts? I hear u ooo

One quote I love so much in the movie, "loose lips, sink ships"...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 12:59pm On May 20, 2018
Gone girl: 8.99/10.

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.