Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3735871 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 3:49pm On May 20, 2018
Early men - embarassed embarassed
Last year, it was Kubo and the Two Strings. Early men just overtook them.

Annihilation - 6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 7:28pm On May 20, 2018
Deadpool 2

5/10

Nothing special. Part one is better

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:12pm On May 20, 2018
Beyond Skyline.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 20, 2018
Ferrenheit 451.. Ft Michael b Jordan.
Filth city..
Girl lost
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:35am On May 21, 2018
Watchmen
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ope37: 5:07am On May 21, 2018
Prinxxdave:

either u use mtn (50naira for 500mb or airtel night sub 200naira for 1.5gb
please kindly tell me the steps to subscribe 4 airtel night sub 200 for 1.5gb
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 5:35am On May 21, 2018
Revenge.

I wonder how she survived that fall. The impact should have broken her spine couple with losing too much blood.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:24am On May 21, 2018
J2381:
Revenge.

I wonder how she survived that fall. The impact should have broken her spine couple with losing too much blood.
I thought I was the only one that noticed that too..

That was my main reason I deleted the movie midway..

I know it's a movie but u don't take ur viewers for fools... We ain't fools..

Even if she was to survive, she was supposed to die of too much lost of blood. Because she wasn't given any medical attention a d blood transfusion.

Revenge

3/10..{the 3is for the good graphics and a actings
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jade912: 7:12am On May 21, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:32am On May 21, 2018
krattoss:

Even if she was to survive, she was supposed to die of too much lost of blood. Because she wasn't given any medical attention a d blood transfusion.

Revenge

there's absolutely no way she could have survived, I mean the wound should have been infected. It was open for pete's sake. Talkless she swimming in an infected water and bleeding.

Gosh! I really laughed at the producer(s) though. They really wanted to make another I Spit On Your Grave but failed tremendously.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:38am On May 21, 2018
krattoss:

Revenge

If we are to follow your line of thought, then no film is worthy of finishing. You watched Black Panther to the end, right? Well, you'd have quit from the beginning because they took us for fools.

Wakanda does not exist.
None of the characters exists.
Vibraniun is a lie.
The flower that automatically heals people does not exist.
There's no real recorded of the fight scenes in Tokyo.
There no human that can climb buildings or survive bullet shots wearing one imaginary Vibranium vest.

So, Films are fictions. Even the ones based on real events are garnished with some acts or storyline that never happened to add a bit of flavour to it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2018
Beorn:

If we are to follow your line of thought, then no film is worthy of finishing. You watched Black Panther to the end, right? Well, you'd have quit from the beginning because they took us for fools.

Wakanda does not exist.
Vibraniun is a lie.
There no human that can climb buildings or survive bullet shots wearing one imaginary Vibranium vest.

So, Films are fictions. Even the ones based on real events are garnished with some acts or storyline that never happened to add a bit of flavour to it.

I have not watched revenge, but you can't conpare it with Black Panther.

BP is fantasy, revenge is not so they are suppose to be factual and logical to nature.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2018
Beorn:

Wakanda does not exist.
Vibraniun is a lie.

and who told you black panther is a true life story?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lymelyte(m): 8:55am On May 21, 2018
koice:
If mindf**k is your thing, you might wanna check out the following:

- Stalker,
- Videodrome,
- Naked Lunch,
- Eraserhead,
- Existenz,
- The Prestige,
- Interstellar,
- 12 Monkeys,
- Looper,
- Predestination,
- Cloud Atlas,
- Shutter Island,
- Eyes wide shut,
- Vanilla Sky,
- Mulholland Drive,
- Interstate 60,
- Dust Devil,
- They Live,
- The man who fell to Earth,
- Strange Days,
- Jacobs Ladder,
- Zardoz,
- Solaris,
- Sunshine,
- Event Horizon,
- Moon,
- Black Swan,
- Mr Nobody,
- The Machinist,
- The Usual Suspects,
- Memento,
- Altered States,
- The last wave,
- Dreamscape
- Inception

You won't regret any of the ride.
ok
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:16am On May 21, 2018
Emekus92:

and who told you black panther is a true life story?

I can ask you the same for Revenge because you haven't showed us who told you it's a real life story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by youngderek1(m): 9:18am On May 21, 2018
ope37:

please kindly tell me the steps to subscribe 4 airtel night sub 200 for 1.5gb
*312#
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:19am On May 21, 2018
oyetpel:

I have not watched revenge, but you can't conpare it with Black Panther.

BP is fantasy, revenge is not so they are suppose to be factual and logical to nature.

Revenge and BP are both fiction and not real life story. Black Panther was pushed off a cliff in a human state and yet miraculously survived, got rescued by a wandering rival tribesman and stayed in a state of coma till healed by a magical flower. Both films are fictions whether fantasy or not. The entertainment level is what will differ due to individual choices.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bmanbee(m): 9:28am On May 21, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:30am On May 21, 2018
Beorn:

Revenge and BP are both fiction and not real life story. Black Panther was pushed off a cliff in a human state and yet miraculously survived, got rescued by a wandering rival tribesman and stayed in a state of coma till healed by a magical flower. Both films are fictions whether fantasy or not. The entertainment level is what will differ due to individual choices.

Don't confuse yourself.

Do you want to compare say, 24 hours series to Agents of shield?

Black Panther is a fantasy movie that involves superheros with superhuman powers.

Did revenge characters have superhuman powers?

So things like vibranium, purple leave can't find it's way into a movie that deals with realities of normal human beings.

Genres like fantasy, sci fi, sometimes action movies can't be taken seriously because of fake stunts, supernatural, effects in them.

But a movie like Den of thieves, romance movies, comedy, drama are films that are logical and deal with realistic actions and behaviours.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2018
Beorn:

I can ask you the same for Revenge because you haven't showed us who told you it's a real life story.

Non of them are real they are all fiction.

I'm not interested in the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:48am On May 21, 2018
oyetpel:

Don't confuse yourself.

Do you want to compare say, 24 hours series to Agents of shield?

Black Panther is a fantasy movie that involves superheros with superhuman powers.

Did revenge characters have superhuman powers?

So things like vibranium, purple leave can't find it's way into a movie that deals with realities of normal human beings.

Genres like fantasy, sci fi, sometimes action movies can't be taken seriously because of fake stunts, supernatural, effects in them.

But a movie like Den of thieves, romance movies, comedy, drama are films that are logical and deal with realistic actions and behaviours.

You're missing the whole point. The point I'm trying to make is both are fictions and not real. OK, since your problem is about the genre of fantasy being included, let's take it to another genre.

You've watched or heard about films like Rambo and Schwarznegger's Commando where a single person takes on a battalion of solders and wipes them out while not dying at the end. Please, care to explain how "logical" that sounds to you? Why haven't a single soldier killed all Boko Haram since it's logical in films?

What about Jet Li films where people fight in air, use knife to defend rain of arrows? Is that a fantasy genre too? But we all loved it. At the end of the day, they're all lies. All fictions. We just watched for fun.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:48am On May 21, 2018
Emekus92:

Non of them are real they are all fiction.
I'm not interested in the movie
Exactly what I'm pointing out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:53am On May 21, 2018
Oyetpel, what about Brad Cooper's Limitless? Is that drug real? Is the movie a fantasy too? Yet we enjoyed it. The point is all those films are fake, they're fictions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2018
Beorn:
Oyetpel, what about Brad Cooper's Limitless? Is that drug real? Is the movie a fantasy too? Yet we enjoyed it. The point is all those films are fake, they're fictions.

Limitless is a fantasy movie. Most sci fi movies are fantasy.

That drug have altered normal human behaviour giving him a superhuman mind, so it has crossed the line to a fantasy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2018
Beorn:

You're missing the whole point. The point I'm trying to make is both are fictions and not real. OK, since your problem is about the genre of fantasy being included, let's take it to another genre.

You've watched or heard about films like Rambo and Schwarznegger's Commando where a single person takes on a battalion of solders and wipes them out while not dying at the end. Please, care to explain how "logical" that sounds to you? Why haven't a single soldier killed all Boko Haram since it's logical in films?

What about Jet Li films where people fight in air, use knife to defend rain of arrows? Is that a fantasy genre too? But we all loved it. At the end of the day, they're all lies. All fictions. We just watched for fun.

Koice your input is needed, come and weigh in on the matter.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:41am On May 21, 2018
oyetpel:

Limitless is a fantasy movie. Most sci fi movies are fantasy.

That drug have altered normal human behaviour giving him a superhuman mind, so it has crossed the line to a fantasy.

Ok, have you watched The Babysitter? It's a Netflix horror movie. In short, horror movies are not fantasy movies, right? So how are they logical?

Another one. Fast and furious, are they in sci-fi or fantasy genre? The answer is a fat no. So how come the cars were moving through air from one skyscraper to another in Fast Furious 7? Is that possible? But yet people are watching it till the end and gushing about how amazing it was even when they knew the directors are lying to us all. You see, if we are looking for logic, very few films are worth seeing. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:43am On May 21, 2018
The Babysitter. 5/10

What a foolish and childish horror movie but somewhat I find it funny. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 21, 2018
Ferrenheit 451

Mind fvckery and Sci fi ain't my thing but this one caught me. It got me glued on my screen from start to finish.
All Sci fi and mind fvckery lovers will definitely love this..

Am on a herculean task to read all the novels and mind blowing books featured In that movie including our own HALF OF A YELLOW SUN

Michael b Jordan will definitely make a good actor..

Ferrenheit 451 9.5/10 cool
Forgive me if am over exergereting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 12:44pm On May 21, 2018
krattoss:
Ferrenheit 451

Mind fvckery and Sci fi ain't my thing but this one caught me. It got me glued on my screen from start to finish.
All Sci fi and mind fvckery lovers will definitely love this..

Am on a herculean task to read all the novels and mind blowing books featured In that movie including our own HALF OF A YELLOW SUN

Michael b Jordan will definitely make a good actor..

Ferrenheit 451 9.5/10 cool
Forgive me if am over exergereting

All the reviews I've read about the movie rated it very lowly. I'll rather wait it out and see more testimonies from other people than end up wasting my MB.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 21, 2018
Beorn:

All the reviews I've read about the movie rated it very lowly. I'll rather wait it out and see more testimonies from other people than end up wasting my MB.
it's a good drama sci-fi movie based on a novel..
U will like it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2018
Beorn:

Ok, have you watched The Babysitter? It's a Netflix horror movie. In short, horror movies are not fantasy movies, right? So how are they logical?

Another one. Fast and furious, are they in sci-fi or fantasy genre? The answer is a fat no. So how come the cars were moving through air from one skyscraper to another in Fast Furious 7? Is that possible? But yet people are watching it till the end and gushing about how amazing it was even when they knew the directors are lying to us all. You see, if we are looking for logic, very few films are worth seeing. grin grin

I said some action movies are fantasy where i mentioned fake stunts.
For example, Fast and furious, everyone have this fantasy of racing with their car(s) at crazy speeds which was what the movie is based on.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 21, 2018
oyetpel:

Koice your input is needed, come and weigh in on the matter.

First, let's break it down a bit, shall we? Movies are classified into 8 major categories (genre)

- Action.
- Adventure.
- Comedy.
- Crime
- Drama.
- Epics/Historical.
- Horror.
- Musicals/Dance.

and 2 major subgenre, there are others but these 2 are the major ones:

- Fiction (sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural)
- Biography (true story)

Subgenre can also double as themes (the soul of a film or literature), and as such can completely alter the identity of a genre. For instance, when you have a musical movie with a biography subgenre, what does that say? The answer is simple enough... it's not a fiction, period. The plot might have been slightly tampered with to make the story flow better on screen, but the fact remains it is based on an actual true story. The Greatest Showman is a musical but clearly defined by it's biography theme. Bottom line, it's not a fiction.

Then, you have a action oriented movies like the Fast & Furious franchise & Revenge. In the case of the later, as the plot played out on screen, what became instantly apparent? It isn't real. Most of what transpired aren't scientifically possible at all. From her fall, to her mortal injuries, to her remarkably quick recovery, to her commando-styled revenge on her assailants, I mean, who even taught her how to shoot anyway?... But, don't let that stop you from watching it, because the thriller is exactly what it's made to be: an action fiction flick, the fiction here being the subgenre, and thus the soul. In other words, the plot was weak by design, because it facilitated the theme to the fullest - it's meant to be a mindless adrenaline rush kind of a movie, you know, the kind that leaves you at the edge of your seat. You aren't supposed to overthink it, just relax and enjoy the ride. If you want believable stuff, then it'll do you good to avoid action oriented fictions as a whole and stick to Non-action fiction and biography.

Btw, 24 is also fictitious. 85% of what transpired onscreen were an amalgram of bad science and bullsh*t. But hey, Jack is fighting terrorists, and terrorism is real so 24 must be factual! The truth: if a quarter of what happened in that tv show were to happen in real life, United States would have become another Chechnya, and Jack will be with his forefathers long before that. It's just as fictional as say Agent of Shield, the difference being in the later, it's less subtle.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.