Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? (11197 Views)

Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Who Is A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2008
ocherome:

I have lost so many girls because am a programmer, one left last week (i woke up 7:30am - sleep 3am no time) i did not care. i always feel it after i have finished that project that kept me up. most of our ladies need your time, that a serious programmer do not have and cannot give. (she talking of fashion etc you are thinking of codes)

the off mode thing is real.
mine is worse off i have two laptops and two desktops(one with large screen), do not disturb on my door. my family thnks they are losing me.

i have not seen i good lady programmer in naija, if there are lets say 0.1%, ugly and less fashionable.

it might work (marriage) the keyword is understanding. then get a helper (a non programmer) for all the works at home.

Losing many girls "because you are a programmer" is actually because you work long hours. And, the thing about programming is that work isn't restricted to work hours. Bankers can leave their work in the office. A programmer can work in the office, in the bus on the way home, in bed, in the bathroom , ANYWHERE. So, given that you love your work, you'll do it a lot, and it might eat into your time for other things.

I plan to become a programmer in future, and, trust me, I'll still have time for other things.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by rock101(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2008
guy, na good tin o! I wan be programmer too. I just started learnin recently. U fit marry programmer, na just say na program u go born and na programming language una go dey speak for house. But seriously, I dont buy the idea, except u guys are gonna be working together u'd hardly find time for each other. Anyhowz, mate!
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by MrCrackles(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2008
yes a programmer can marry a programmer so they can program each others life and breed programmed offsprings!
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2008
u right about d programmers gals not being a bit ugly. i have one if anyone cares to have her cheesy She's a mad .net programmer, when i mean mad, i mean real mad one. Her intelligence scares me, but the only but is she aint too fyne cheesy
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Gamine(f): 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2008
So what are you saying now undecided
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2008
war did u hear me say smiley
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Gamine(f): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2008
The gal aint too fyne??

how you be undecided
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Jokems(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2008
Javalove, since u ve made up ur mind, there should b no reason 2 seek the view of ppl in da house anymore lipsrsealed.Well, 4 concerned comrades in da house; personally, if am a programmer, i wont marry a programmer cos we will only have a house but no home. Since bird of a feather flocks 2gether, i think Javalove will enjoy his futue kind of home, a home where no body is psychologically and emotionally there for the other. Well, since both are alike , they wont bother about the outlook of their home.I weep 4 d unlucky children that will eventually be borne into d home (if ever they will even care to freak n conceive) COS THEY WONT ENJOY THE AFFECTION AND WARM COMPANY OF THEIR PARENT. cry
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by alex406(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2008
I dont see anything wrong in marrying a programmer if you are one as long as you guys understand each other and you really will make a great match.Buttressing the fact that you guys will always be busy with work and stuffs does not mean she will not have time to cook or tidy the whole house.If you guys really know the your worth as one,then there will not be any catastrophe.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2008
Honey, this food suks, what configuration did you use?
the default config
oh no, thats boring, you never ever think of tweaking the settings, anyway, i have lost my connection
Honey, i am very, ok i promise you, next time, will be feature rich
it not about just eating it baby, my database is full, i need to drop it
suit urself, as if you have enough memory to cook that.

@mactao, become a programmer first and you will understand.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by gimbus(f): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2008
i don't think programmers(chicks) r ugly as most of u r tryin 2 point out.its just dat guyz do nt understand them n see them as weird.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javarules(m): 7:17am On Aug 17, 2008
How will u like a lady who sleeps at 1am(at the least), wakes up in d middle of the night(wen both are u are snugging each other) and says honey where is my laptop, hair unkempt, most time always locked up(how did u meet her anyway), acts like a man(a tomboy in most cases)

That is d brief description of what I think a programmer geekress will be

That is something to really think about, but not to worry, we'll hire an house help dts not so smart to take care of the house

and kids

and the car

and d food too

and probably everything else

Even if u marry a geekress, one of u will have to step down from ur geekdom else ur boat will become another titanic, crash is inevitable

ciao I'm outa here
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by galatico(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2008
Yes if there is LOVE.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2008
javarules:

How will u like a lady who sleeps at 1am(at the least), wakes up in d middle of the night(when both are u are snugging each other) and says honey where is my laptop, hair unkempt, most time always locked up(how did u meet her anyway), acts like a man(a tomboy in most cases)

That is d brief description of what I think a programmer geekress will be

That is something to really think about, but not to worry, we'll hire an house help dts not so smart to take care of the house

and kids

and the car

and d food too

and probably everything else

Even if u marry a geekress, one of u will have to step down from your geekdom else your boat will become another titanic, crash is inevitable

ciao I'm outa here

its not that hard u know. by d time the knot is tied, lifestyle might still be d same with that of pre-marriage but when kids arrive, dey dats wen sacrifices would be needed from the two. In this case, I - the man - would have to sacrifice alot in helping her with the kids, some coking if needed, some washing, and all dat. We can still work late into the night like before, gist, and of course (clears throught) too.

The only thing is that freinds would not luv visitng cos the home wud be damn boring for them. what we talk about, the movies we watch and the kinds of jokes that would fill the house, a non programmer will surely feel out of place,
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Olad234(m): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2008
[font=Arial ]The Question to your answer! Marriage is to Enjoy not to endure! Bcosz you're not married that's why you think you can't be compactible.if you really love your wife/husband, you will have time for them. wink Am a bloodly programmer! during office hours I can't do with calling my wify at lease twice before the close of the day,  cheesy Please enjoy your programming world; also enjoy your marriage. cool[/font]
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by EBlossom(f): 12:30am On Aug 21, 2008
they would have no friends and always speak in code. They would only communicate thru text and the latest gadgetry. Their heart to hearts would be via web cam lol
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by oreft2005(f): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2008
it depend if they're in love
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by A40(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
EBlossom:

they would have no friends and always speak in code. They would only communicate through text and the latest gadgetry. Their heart to hearts would be via web cam lol
Are you trying to be funny
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by blackweaver(m): 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2008
i don't know why all of you are making so much noise about a programmer lady,
there are programmer ladies in the world and they do get married so if a lady
programmer can marry a non-programmer and have a happy marriage why not a programmer?
That being said it might make things uncomfortable for the kids when they start growing up
especially if they don't have programming tendencies.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Bellety(m): 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2008
wat i believe in life is dis: if u are close to God, he will direct u towards everytin in life including getting a life partner. so it does not really matter, if God says ur wife is a programmer, u nor get SAY. wether u reject it 1million times, u will end up marrying a programmer. u cant run from God, wat he says comes to pass.so stick wit Jesus Christ today and see d 1daful tings dat will come b4 u. if u are due 4 marriage, i will urge u to take it to the Lord in prayer and c hw he will b of the gratest help to u. but 1st u av to repent and follow him. instead of asking weda or not to marry a programmer. go to d Lord in prayer.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by kodewrita(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2012
Does anybody agree with this?
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by DonSegmond(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2012
A programmer should marry the best partner for them.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by captalex(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2012
javarules: Please javalove stop living in a fool's paradise. If u marry a programmer and it works, believe me its d exception and not the rule. Well its true most of us are exceptional, but our lives are based on rules. u get my point?

If you are a programmer like myself, then this is ur picture

My room is unkempt 75% of the time
I eat out 75% of the time
I dont sleep most times b4 12am and u wont find me in bed most times after 5am
I hate doing things that I can't automate, eg washing/ironing
Whenever I am coding I go into "offline" mode(i.e I am physically there, my mind is somewhere else)
People who meets me in the office always thinks I am an asshole(I laugh with them one minute, I snub them the other, not that I do that on purpose, I have gone to offliine mode lol)
I think think think, before I do(i think more dn I do)

Now if a husband and a wife have these qualities, picture in your mind what kind of home their home will be, what kind of children they will raise, what kind of relationships they will have with other people etc.

Again I will recommend these books,

Why u act the way u do (Tim Lahaye)
The four(or five i cant remember) languages of love (author? cant remember too)

Lastly, its because u have not met a lady that is a techy, if u have met one or two, they are not always the kind of pple dt u can take out for dinner grin

ciao

Not true bro,have met a couple of hot geekettes even in the office and the moment they begin to speak you don't know whether to pay attention to what they se saying or that plunging neckline on their top.just look around abit they are there and could make you're life much easier by not having to explain why you weren't in bed last night.as most foretell prefer to code at night,it might be because of the quiet that accompanies that.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
marry anyone U like,fire anyone U like..bro,U gotta do wat U gotta do..for me,wen I've kids,they'll be toying wit computers and anythin that has to do with ICT from their early stages of life..
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by vitriol: 9:25am On Dec 11, 2012
javalove: Was having a chat with a friend some days back javarules. i told him i am hell bent on marrying a programmer and he was of the opinion that "nurses" make the best wiives for programmers, cos they are trained to be patient. He also said "u know we programmers are sometimes annoying, so a patient woman is best".

Wats ur opinion on this, cos nothing can change my mind ooo. I dey find programmer wife ooooo cheesy

Understand the difference between a geek and a programmer.

I program, but I wouldn't be seen having conversations about which programming language is better with a woman. An occupation shouldn't come home with you.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by captalex(m): 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
It's folks like yourself that discourage ladies from coding. So in your own small stereotypical world the only Jist you would enjoy having with women would include talking about their ikebe .boobi and how many bowls of nkwobi you want her to make for you abi?. It all boils down to interest and how the both of you connect.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by vitriol: 4:16am On Dec 13, 2012
captalex: It's folks like yourself that discourage ladies from coding. So in your own small stereotypical world the only Jist you would enjoy having with women would include talking about their ikebe .boobi and how many bowls of nkwobi you want her to make for you abi?. It all boils down to interest and how the both of you connect.

I don't discourage women from coding … I just wouldn't talk to a woman that doesn't code, about coding, the same way I wouldn't talk to a woman that isn't a neurosurgeon about neurology.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by captalex(m): 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
I know the look you get when you mumur about abstract data types to a non-coder lady, she just bats her eye-lids like she's listening attentively,but shes completely lost.But the conversation here is about getting married to someone who codes and understands why you spend a good 10 hours straight in front of a flashing monitor without saying a word to her.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by techwizard(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2014
I would like to marry a mathematician or a hardware engineer as a wife.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by kaboninc(m): 7:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
javalove: u right about d programmers gals not being a bit ugly. i have one if anyone cares to have her cheesy She's a mad .net programmer, when i mean mad, i mean real mad one. Her intelligence scares me, but the only but is she aint too fyne cheesy

I want your offer because am seriously learning .NET platform

I love programming. Its an art for me.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Olyboy16(m): 10:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lyk cwiously...i would be the happiest dude on earth if i can end up marrying a programmer geek"ess"...
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by olarid01: 6:57am On Jul 03, 2016
candylips:
The heavens is not going to fall down if two programmers marry each other and beign a progammer is even not as brain demanding as say being a Maths or Theoritical Physics professor

I have seen one male Maths Professor married to another female Maths professor and they don't spend the whole day solving Quasilinear Partial differential equations to the Nth order in spatial space in the house

My brother, it seems you don't really know what programming is. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016 / Google Parent Alphabet To Cut 12,000 Jobs / What Software Have You Created?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.