Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria (24163 Views)

Miguel Is Under Rated / Who Are Nigeria's Most Under-Rated Rappers? / Eva, Monimo & Kayefi - Under Rated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by vanguard1(m): 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
satowind: Wat is this poo poo doing in front page?
@Satowind
Bros stop doing this to yourself, stop disgracing your unborn children nah.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nahum777(m): 11:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Psychedelia:

Shey this bushman is still posting his picture all over Nairaland with his Ehindero face tongue
grin grin
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by vanguard1(m): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
@op, next time,open a thread on over rated rappers and I will name......olamide and MI.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
@Satowind
and what dis ur trashy pic doin on nairaland?
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nahum777(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
vanguard1:
Bros stop doing this to yourself, stop disgracing your unborn children nah.
lmao.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Boll2010: 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
chupcake:

Everything you said up until the Kendrick thing is right buh saying Kendrick doesn't make sense is like saying 2chainz makes sense.. Like seriously, forget GKMC.. You heard Section 80? To be the only rapper on an Eminem Album no be Beans oo..
oga come off those hills!!! I heard those album! And mixtapes!!!! Kendrick is hiphop but doesn't relate to life!!! Those words are design but are plainly abstract!!!!! You can hear cassidy's reply to control and you do understand better!!! Don't be deluded by his words!! At the end it makes no sense compare is music to JCOLE come on dude!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 11:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Boll2010: oga come off those hills!!! I heard those album! And mixtapes!!!! Kendrick is hiphop but doesn't relate to life!!! Those words are design but are plainly abstract!!!!! You can hear cassidy's reply to control and you do understand better!!! Don't be deluded by his words!! At the end it makes no sense compare is music to JCOLE come on dude!!!

Kendrick is far from abstract... He is not even on the same continent with abstract. Anytime I hear GKMC, its like I am him cos the pictures are so Vivid.. The skit at the end of the songs just made it more real.. I have never heard this kinda comment on Kendrick my entire 'hiphop life' and about Control... Dude killed that song.. I heard all the response to control including Cassidy. I know JCole is hot buh I never liked the dude anyways. You should goan listen to See No Evil Ft Kendrick - The Game. I am a die hard Eminem fan oo buh when I see true talent, I salute nii.. Kendrick is Talent.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Boll2010: 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
chupcake:

Kendrick is far from abstract... He is not even on the same continent with abstract. Anytime I hear GKMC, its like I am him cos the pictures are so Vivid.. The skit at the end of the songs just made it more real.. I have never heard this kinda comment on Kendrick my entire 'hiphop life' and about Control... Dude killed that song.. I heard all the response to control including Cassidy. I know JCole is hot buh I never liked the dude anyways. You should goan listen to See No Evil Ft Kendrick - The Game. I am a die hard Eminem fan oo buh when I see true talent, I salute nii.. Kendrick is Talent.
I don't need to pull words......his music doesn't translate to life! I bet ya dude is soo hiphop but his words are not real.....I have basically fresh,old music of dude!!! Do you listen to wordings at all? Dude if you listen to JCOLE you feel like someone is telling you a story! You can relate to it just like Nas!! Go listen to 3wishes by Cole......a lot bro! He killed control but it aint a beef track!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by ykrahmg(m): 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
For ur mind..
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by skiposmith007: 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
danbrowndmf:

U dis guy u knw sabi anytn for rap abeg,phero na him b d fada of metaphours ...even MI nd ice prince do pay regards to him in sm interview...hez nt jus successful commercialy buh lyricaly ice prince sef knw go near am
hey man, common shut d damn Bleep up...we talking musician u talking phero....hissing..u jez dy talk rubbish for mouth, abeg if u no sabi rap, go siddon...u dy talk say MI nd ICE PRINCE dy hail am...for which track be dat...oh, okay na u do d beat for them abi.....abegi...no mk me to vex ooo, cos i don dy boil..u no sabi anyting for rap, so shut up......
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
Boll2010: I don't need to pull words......his music doesn't translate to life! I bet ya dude is soo hiphop but his words are not real.....I have basically fresh,old music of dude!!! Do you listen to wordings at all? Dude if you listen to JCOLE you feel like someone is telling you a story! You can relate to it just like Nas!! Go listen to 3wishes by Cole......a lot bro! He killed control but it aint a beef track!

That's what these so called rappers don't get... His verse on control isn't beef.. Its a wake up call. Listen to the song, he aint beefing anyone.. And on Good Kid Mad City... Bro, I don't mean any disrespect oo buh you didn't listen to the album.. The whole album is actually a 'short movie'.. Every song tells a story. The first track was how he met Sherene.. Every song on the Album is like a scene in a movie.. Pls goan listen to the album again. The 12min long 'Sing About Me, I'm dying of Thirst'... That isn't abstract at all.. Pls take time to listen to the entire album again..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Boll2010: 12:02am On Dec 15, 2013
chupcake:

That's what these so called rappers don't get... His verse on control isn't beef.. Its a wake up call. Listen to the song, he aint beefing anyone.. And on Good Kid Mad City... Bro, I don't mean any disrespect oo buh you didn't listen to the album.. The whole album is actually a 'short movie'.. Every song tells a story. The first track was how he met Sherene.. Every song on the Album is like a scene in a movie.. Pls goan listen to the album again. The 12min long 'Sing About Me, I'm dying of Thirst'... That isn't abstract at all.. Pls take time to listen to the entire album again..
dude you still don't get......I'm not sayin is not real hiphop......but his lines are designed! They make no sense if you decipher them.....he do be good as shakespeare.....its not relating to the real world......don't see from a fans view,or media.....dude is good.....but listen to is words......did you listen to lyrics at all? No disrepect! Listen to "Rise above" "tears of ODB" "crooked smile" all by Jcole.........see man I don't want to go back and forth! I'm not saying kendrick aint good! But nigga need to be more of realty to stay in game I mean relate to life no design of punches alone!!!......you saw the POWER TRIP VIDEO? It was acted according to the lyrics not some champagne song?
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 12:08am On Dec 15, 2013
Boll2010: dude you still don't get......I'm not sayin is not real hiphop......but his lines are designed! They make no sense if you decipher them.....he do be good as shakespeare.....its not relating to the real world......don't see from a fans view,or media.....dude is good.....but listen to is words......did you listen to lyrics at all? No disrepect! Listen to "Rise above" "tears of ODB" "crooked smile" all by Jcole.........see man I don't want to go back and forth! I'm not saying kendrick aint good! But nigga need to be more of realty to stay in game I mean relate to life no design of punches alone!!!......you saw the POWER TRIP VIDEO? It was acted according to the lyrics not some champagne song?

Okay... Let's do it this way. If we talking Good Kid Mad City.. Gimme example, maybe a song so I can goan listen and try to look at things from your angle.. I am actually listening to the album now.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by lumeviewscom: 12:11am On Dec 15, 2013
Check out the top 10 best rappers in Nigeria:

(1) MODENINE

One of Nigeria’s top rappers for more than a decade now, released his first album Malcolm IX in 2004.
He pioneered the ”Underground Hip Hop” tag for a long time and has hit songs which includes ”
Africa, Cry, Elbow Room, It’s About To Get Ugly, Rock On, Pain, 419 State of Mind,
Lagos State of Mind & Fellow Nigerians, just to name a few.

He is known for his raw delivery, conscious lyrics, battle raps, metaphors & similes. His style is similar
to one of Hip Hop’s legends KRS One. He epitomises underground Hip Hop in Nigeria.
He scaled the heights after hitting the limelight with mega smash hit ”Cry” from the album
”E Pluribus Unum”.

Top Songs: Cry, Africa & Lagos State Of Mind.

Flops: Oga, Okokomaiko & Fiyah Burn

Criticism: Too much similes on a track which makes it lose it’s subject matter, loud unpleasant delivery
& on rare occasions poor beat selection.

(2) M.I

Mr Incredible, Nigeria’s accclaimed ”Rap Messiah”, dropped his EP ”Illegal Music” in 2009, after
which he exploded onto the music scene with the amazing album ”Talk About It” and has hit songs which
includes Teaser, Talk About It, Area, Fast Money Fast Cars, Money, Nobody & Action Film, just to name a few.

He is known for his husky delivery, multisyllabic rhymes, metaphors & has the tendency to sing. His style is
similar to Lil’ Wayne & Kanye West. He is one of the leaders of today’s new school Hip Hop in Nigeria.
The song ”Safe” from the album ”Talk About It” brought him to the limelight.

Top Songs: Nobody, Teaser & Money.

Flops: Craze, Seven Days & My Head My Belle.

Criticism: Tries too hard to rhyme so he ends up saying non-existing words, he isn’t a spectacular singer and
should stick to just rapping.

Visit WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER IN NIGERIA? for our complete list and reasons.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Boll2010: 12:11am On Dec 15, 2013
chupcake:

Okay... Let's do it this way. If we talking Good Kid Mad City.. Gimme example, maybe a song so I can goan listen and try to look at things from your angle.. I am actually listening to the album now.
I don't want to start going through my media files now....I'm not on pC......I have folders for album.....but until you hear out other rappers you do relate to what I'm saying!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by emedy(m): 12:15am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 15, 2013
@Satowind

cave man..
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 12:19am On Dec 15, 2013
Oh.. I have listen to a fair share of 'other rappers'.. As I said earlier, I am a die hard eminem fan. I once had over a hundred rap album.. Everything from Illmatic to Reasonable Doubt, Chronic Infinite and the rest.. So anytime you can give me one Kendrick song that you think the lines don't relate to life, pls holla.. Ill really like to listen to the song.

Boll2010: I don't want to start going through my media files now....I'm not on pC......I have folders for album.....but until you hear out other rappers you do relate to what I'm saying!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 12:22am On Dec 15, 2013
Boll2010: I don't see a good nigerian rapper I can buy his/her album......all they know is looking for fake rhymes.....like flowa,blowa,goer.....this are words to M.I

Bumping******more than a G'thang******Dr.dre ft snoop dogg!****** every night is for the old'G's on my playlist......real HipHop is culture,tradition.....there is salvation.....there is realty,there is life,problem are solve,it touches you reasoning! Damn nigeria rappers.....can't design words

Imagine I heard illbliss music on a radio station....nigga feeling like Real.Mccoy#Rickross.....rozay what a mediocre to hiphop........illbliss giving a punchline like "blackberry contact longer than your IQ" I was like what's this fuckery about dawg?

If I'm going to hear any new school rapper that touches life,give me JCOLE.....I don't need kendrick lamar dude is hiphop but his music at the end doesn't makes sense doesn't relate to life in the real sense

Or take it back to scarface,jadakiss,fabulous! Etc that was passion for the game!

And don't mention this cry baby light skin R'nB musician try to think is a rapper....while producing songs like.....HOLD ON WE GOING HOME,TAKE CARE!!! Dude is gay!!!!! Spit on him!!

Somebody wake me up when Nigeria MCs hips start hoping!!!
Funny.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by tr3y(m): 12:23am On Dec 15, 2013
Boll2010: I don't see a good nigerian rapper I can buy his/her album......all they know is looking for fake rhymes.....like flowa,blowa,goer.....this are words to M.I

Bumping******more than a G'thang******Dr.dre ft snoop dogg!****** every night is for the old'G's on my playlist......real HipHop is culture,tradition.....there is salvation.....there is realty,there is life,problem are solve,it touches you reasoning! Damn nigeria rappers.....can't design words

Imagine I heard illbliss music on a radio station....nigga feeling like Real.Mccoy#Rickross.....rozay what a mediocre to hiphop........illbliss giving a punchline like "blackberry contact longer than your IQ" I was like what's this fuckery about dawg?

If I'm going to hear any new school rapper that touches life,give me JCOLE.....I don't need kendrick lamar dude is hiphop but his music at the end doesn't makes sense doesn't relate to life in the real sense

Or take it back to scarface,jadakiss,fabulous! Etc that was passion for the game!

And don't mention this cry baby light skin R'nB musician try to think is a rapper....while producing songs like.....HOLD ON WE GOING HOME,TAKE CARE!!! Dude is gay!!!!! Spit on him!!

Somebody wake me up when Nigeria MCs hips start hoping!!!

I feel you up to k.dot, have you heard hiipower, A.D.H.D, swimming pools, Art of peer pressure, the recipe among others. His song are all about real life ish. Kendrick, J.cole and Nas still ma favourite and Pusha T got that crack music to lift your spirit. Just to remind you Kendrick still got the best verse of the year.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by tr3y(m): 12:30am On Dec 15, 2013
Boll2010: dude you still don't get......I'm not sayin is not real hiphop......but his lines are designed! They make no sense if you decipher them.....he do be good as shakespeare.....its not relating to the real world......don't see from a fans view,or media.....dude is good.....but listen to is words......did you listen to lyrics at all? No disrepect! Listen to "Rise above" "tears of ODB" "crooked smile" all by Jcole.........see man I don't want to go back and forth! I'm not saying kendrick aint good! But nigga need to be more of realty to stay in game I mean relate to life no design of punches alone!!!......you saw the POWER TRIP VIDEO? It was acted according to the lyrics not some champagne song?

Its not that he does not relate to life but he uses metaphor heavily even in his video. You have to be a core rap fan or even a rapper to decipher his lines. To the common rap fan "biatch don't kill my vibe" video would be total nonsense but once you get what each element stands for, you will love the guys way of thinking

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 12:30am On Dec 15, 2013
tr3y:

I feel you up to k.dot, have you heard hiipower, A.D.H.D, swimming pools, Art of peer pressure, the recipe among others. His song are all about real life ish. Kendrick, J.cole and Nas still ma favourite and Pusha T got that crack music to lift your spirit. Just to remind you Kendrick still got the best verse of the year.

Exactly..!!
tr3y:

Its not that he does not relate to life but he uses metaphor heavily even in his video. You have to be a core rap fan or even a rapper to decipher his lines. To the common rap fan "biatch don't kill my vibe" video would be total nonsense but once you get what each element stands for, you will love the guys way of thinking

Well said..!!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 15, 2013
yoji: However let me go with d heading. Some names on this list discredits the list.
1-pheroshuz: this is probably one of d most underrated rappers in naija. For u to judge his career on this1 line is plain ridiculous. U obviously haven't heard any of his albums. His last effort that had the hit single 'correct'' was a very very good album. The classic track 'sample' won terry the rapman a hiphop world award for best rap single featured phero and phero almost murdered terry. Mentioning phero makes no sense and can only mean it's beef.
2-ruggedman: veterans aren't judged at 1 point in time, but on the impact of their careers. In America, for example, .mc's like rakeem and krs 1 cannot match the lyrical strengths of new borns like lil Wayne and TI, but nevertheless, they are stil ranked as some of the best ever. This is cos, at their peak, they were d best and they showed another generation a style that never existed and very few could match. The same applies to ruggedman.
3-cartiar : this dude definitely had talent, jus that after his hit single, he just couldn't sustain it cos of issues that go beyond just the ability to rap. It's like saying Godwon and iceberg slim are stilwack they have not been commercially successful.

your heard (pun) is there. pherowshuz is definitely the most underated rapper in 9ja.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 15, 2013
[quote
author=Boll2010] dude you still don't get......I'm not sayin is not
real hiphop......but his lines are designed! They make no sense if you
decipher them.....he do be good as shakespeare.....its not relating to
the real world......don't see from a fans view,or media.....dude is
good.....but listen to is words......did you listen to lyrics at all?
No disrepect! Listen to "Rise above" "tears of ODB" "crooked smile" all
by Jcole.........see man I don't want to go back and forth! I'm not
saying kendrick aint good! But nigga need to be more of realty to stay
in game I mean relate to life no design of punches alone!!!......you saw
the POWER TRIP VIDEO? It was acted according to the lyrics not some
champagne song?[/quote]

wow! True head.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Ayomax(m): 12:53am On Dec 15, 2013
skipo smith007: hey man, common shut d damn Bleep up...we talking musician u talking phero....hissing..u jez dy talk rubbish for mouth, abeg if u no sabi rap, go siddon...u dy talk say MI nd ICE PRINCE dy hail am...for which track be dat...oh, okay na u do d beat for them abi.....abegi...no mk me to vex ooo, cos i don dy boil..u no sabi anyting for rap, so shut up......
u shld be da one to shut ur trash!!!! you don't knw anything abt music, with ur above words I noticed u knw nxt to nothing abt rap, must MI or ice prince sing a song abt phero b4 you think dey respect him, enter abj,Jtown,Benue,kogi (let just say da midbelt of naija) phero inspire upcoming rappers there.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Sholexyz(m): 1:07am On Dec 15, 2013
@op jst remove phero out of dat list one of d best underground rapper in naÍja, his dope gat some crazy punch lines.,as 4 ill bliss his gud bt sumtimes his lines r kind wack dat mks u wonder is it d same ill bliss.. Wit phero on dat list u'll always get d stick...
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by RayCharles(m): 1:19am On Dec 15, 2013
WTF!!! Pherowshuz is on that list This boi doesn't know rap!!! If Phero z on that list then y isn't Ice Prince name there Ice z a lame rapper to me!!! My opinion!! nd bout K-Dot nd J.Cole. Those rappers are on top of their game, its unfortunately Cole isn't winning awards like Kendrick!!! But they both good. Personally I prefer Cole!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 15, 2013
yoji: Your post is misleading and confusing. The title says wackiest which denotes implies negative, then d body of the thread has "underrated " which denotes positive. So which is exactly.
Me too m confused!!!!!!!!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 1:34am On Dec 15, 2013
i will take J cole over Kendrick anytime....God i miss NAS and the days of Talib and Kweli...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 1:40am On Dec 15, 2013
u r stewwpid[quote author=Juliet000]ARE U STILL BROWSING WITH
MONEY?.HMM,IT'S A BIG SIN 4 U 2
BE PAYING FOR BROWSING.AND
IT'S NOT UR FAULT,CUS U HAVNT
HEARD OF
NAIJALORDS.COM
==========================
==

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Jenifa - 'I Want To Rap' (Audio) / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts / Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.