Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria (24162 Views)

Miguel Is Under Rated / Who Are Nigeria's Most Under-Rated Rappers? / Eva, Monimo & Kayefi - Under Rated (2) (3) (4)

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by danbrowndmf(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
lumeviews.com:
Check out the top 10 best rappers in Nigeria:

(1) MODENINE

One of Nigeria’s top rappers for more than a decade now, released his first album Malcolm IX in 2004.
He pioneered the ”Underground Hip Hop” tag for a long time and has hit songs which includes ”
Africa, Cry, Elbow Room, It’s About To Get Ugly, Rock On, Pain, 419 State of Mind,
Lagos State of Mind & Fellow Nigerians, just to name a few.

He is known for his raw delivery, conscious lyrics, battle raps, metaphors & similes. His style is similar
to one of Hip Hop’s legends KRS One. He epitomises underground Hip Hop in Nigeria.
He scaled the heights after hitting the limelight with mega smash hit ”Cry” from the album
”E Pluribus Unum”.

Top Songs: Cry, Africa & Lagos State Of Mind.

Flops: Oga, Okokomaiko & Fiyah Burn

Criticism: Too much similes on a track which makes it lose it’s subject matter, loud unpleasant delivery
& on rare occasions poor beat selection.

(2) M.I

Mr Incredible, Nigeria’s accclaimed ”Rap Messiah”, dropped his EP ”Illegal Music” in 2009, after
which he exploded onto the music scene with the amazing album ”Talk About It” and has hit songs which
includes Teaser, Talk About It, Area, Fast Money Fast Cars, Money, Nobody & Action Film, just to name a few.

He is known for his husky delivery, multisyllabic rhymes, metaphors & has the tendency to sing. His style is
similar to Lil’ Wayne & Kanye West. He is one of the leaders of today’s new school Hip Hop in Nigeria.
The song ”Safe” from the album ”Talk About It” brought him to the limelight.

Top Songs: Nobody, Teaser & Money.

Flops: Craze, Seven Days & My Head My Belle.

Criticism: Tries too hard to rhyme so he ends up saying non-existing words, he isn’t a spectacular singer and
should stick to just rapping.

Visit WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER IN NIGERIA? for our complete list and reasons.

Tah ma hear world...my belle na one of d best track on d album wer he talks about our bad government wif style and also relate to the public....wat we need n wor we dnt wnt
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Shekson(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Phero is definitely an underrated rapper.
Regarding J.Cole vs K Dot, I will definitely pick J Cole over Kendrick. For Jay Z to have been impressed wif J. Cole shows his mantle.
IMO, I prefer J.Cole.

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Yes!cheesy
I.Cole is underrated and
#Case closed!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by will007: 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
What of godwon nd ikechukwu
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by will007: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Jesse Jagz of life
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nelrulez(m): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Dude! Phero ain't no whack em'cee.. I've bin listening to Hip Hop for ages now and seriously dat dude has it locked down on any beat he's on...
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by yoji: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nelrulez: Dude! Phero ain't no whack em'cee.. I've bin listening to Hip Hop for ages now and seriously dat dude has it locked down on any beat he's on...
Tell them o!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by skiposmith007: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
danbrowndmf:

Shut up der,u knw who b phero,u tink say na to dy do commercial up and down,wen we talk real punch an gr8 metaphor we talk phero,who b ice prince lyricaly for were phero dy burst..common gum ur mouth go listern awon boys by phero, and also niggas fear wer he ft yung6ix...oboi shut up we nt talkn commercial here we talk hard punch here..
i know blame u sha, u know dy street....as i dy view u self, u go be one aje butter...eyah pele, omo mummy..no offence anyway, jez saying the fact...u said is a rapper, he gat rhymes nd d lies...but why we knw dy hear hin name...na d question be dat
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Shekson: Phero is definitely an underrated rapper.
Regarding J.Cole vs K Dot, I will definitely pick J Cole over Kendrick. For Jay Z to have been impressed wif J. Cole shows his mantle.
IMO, I prefer J.Cole.

Ohh and Eminem is impressed with Kendrick and last I checked Jay hasn't sold 70M albums and EM already sold more than 85.. I don't wanna talk lyrics cos even Jay knows Em is a beast..

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Boll2010: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
chupcake:

Ohh and Eminem is impressed with Kendrick and last I checked Jay hasn't sold 70M albums and EM already sold more than 85.. I don't wanna talk lyrics cos even Jay knows Em is a beast..
dude you pratically know nothing about hiphop!!! Go study the chart with pop dudes!! When you talk hiphop the sales doesn't count!!!!! Nas didn't sell much albums as that but dude is a living legend!!! Dude can't be compared........I told you earlier stop bringing eminem all the time like his the hardest!!!! dude can rhyme how he eat his dinner for a whole 4mins track!! No disrespect dude is great but saying is uncomparable? Is simply fallacy!! And when you say dude keep getting a lot of PLATS......its all because of his skin color that's why dude sell up to that!!!!
For the fact!!! You keep saying for kdot to be the only one on eminem album? Dafuq what's special about marshall marthers 2?huh? Nigga don't stan the whiteboy! This last album is nothing compared to his past projects?if you truly a hiphop head and not some sunk heads!! Eminem ft kdot -LOVE GaME.....that track was so overated like sh!it! Nothing special about the track

For the fact!!! J.cole and kendrick are the only rapper on eminem rapture tour!!! So why you going nut for eminem? Dude go bust ya'weed on a sissy!

This a link for the tour with Em-------->www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/5763127/eminem-kendrick-lamar-j-cole-heading-down-under-for-rapture
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Boll2010: dude you pratically know nothing about hiphop!!! Go study the chart with pop dudes!! When you talk hiphop the sales doesn't count!!!!! Nas didn't sell much albums as that but dude is a living legend!!! Dude can't be compared........I told you earlier stop bringing eminem all the time like his the hardest!!!! dude can rhyme how he eat his dinner for a whole 4mins track!! No disrespect dude is great but saying is uncomparable? Is simply fallacy!! And when you say dude keep getting a lot of PLATS......its all because of his skin color that's why dude sell up to that!!!!
For the fact!!! You keep saying for kdot to be the only one on eminem album? Dafuq what's special about marshall marthers 2?huh? Nigga don't stan the whiteboy! This last album is nothing compared to his past projects?if you truly a hiphop head and not some sunk heads!! Eminem ft kdot -LOVE GaME.....that track was so overated like sh!it! Nothing special about the track

For the fact!!! J.cole and kendrick are the only rapper on eminem rapture tour!!! So why you going nut for eminem? Dude go bust ya'weed on a sissy!

This a link for the tour with Em-------->www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/5763127/eminem-kendrick-lamar-j-cole-heading-down-under-for-rapture

Bro... I stopped talking hiphop with you when you said 'He sells cos he's white abi something like that' .... When it comes to Hiphop, Sales matter, The last classic NAS released was when Pop was the order of the way, when the Michael Jackson and the Boy bands where it.

MMLP2.. The album is another classic, If you say the Love Game song is trash, then I doubt if you know the meaning of Hiphop to begin with. Did you even listen to the whole album, For real, for a rapper to keep selling like that and you come here tell me he's something short of 'Not Good'... Wow...

And dude, NAS can be compared, We've got the likes of Tupac that continued selling. Oya tell me sales doesn't count. BIG continued selling... Jay Z sells, Wayne Sells, T.I sells... Right now, Em is the best in the game. Abi how else will you rate them if not sales. The rest is just personal opinion...

Buh to say eminem sells cos he's white... You obviously don't know anything anout Rap... Absolutely nothing..!!!

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Boll2010: 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
chupcake:

Bro... I stopped talking hiphop with you when you said 'He sells cos he's white abi something like that' .... When it comes to Hiphop, Sales matter, The last classic NAS released was when Pop was the order of the way, when the Michael Jackson and the Boy bands where it.

MMLP2.. The album is another classic, If you say the Love Game song is trash, then I doubt if you know the meaning of Hiphop to begin with. Did you even listen to the whole album, For real, for a rapper to keep selling like that and you come here tell me he's something short of 'Not Good'... Wow...

And dude, NAS can be compared, We've got the likes of Tupac that continued selling. Oya tell me sales doesn't count. BIG continued selling... Jay Z sells, Wayne Sells, T.I sells... Right now, Em is the best in the game. Abi how else will you rate them if not sales. The rest is just personal opinion...

Buh to say eminem sells cos he's white... You obviously don't know anything anout Rap... Absolutely nothing..!!!
obviously this is same old shit!.......earlier you were talking about how Em cosigned kdot alone.....I gave you how he cosigned Jcole.....you dropped your jaw.!!!.........now you saying sales.......dude you make me laugh.....if you compare MMLP2 to previous eminem project! The joke is on you if you say Em is the game right now!!!! Dude wake up!!! Its called HIPHOP not HIPPOP!!! Your obsession for Em is making you not get the whole picture......and to those sales I can tell you his skin colors makes him have more sales number than any rapper.....only a FA!G won't know that!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 12:10am On Dec 16, 2013
Boll2010: obviously this is same old shit!.......earlier you were talking about how Em cosigned kdot alone.....I gave you how he cosigned Jcole.....you dropped your jaw.!!!.........now you saying sales.......dude you make me laugh.....if you compare MMLP2 to previous eminem project! The joke is on you if you say Em is the game right now!!!! Dude wake up!!! Its called HIPHOP not HIPPOP!!! Your obsession for Em is making you not get the whole picture......and to those sales I can tell you his skin colors makes him have more sales number than any rapper.....only a FA!G won't know that!

Bro, you don't need to curse to get you points across.. I am obsessed with people who make good music.. Adele, Linkin Park, Tim McGraw, Em, U2,AC/DC, Pink, Dr. Dre..

I decided not to pursue the kdot/jcole thingy cos you were obviously not reading when I said 'Kdot only rapper on MMLP2', then you went straight to the tour. I read about that ages ago.

I actually shouldn't be arguing with you.. The numbers are there. If you truly believe the Highest Selling HipHop artiste of all time is there cos of his skin colour... You got another thing coming.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by lechiffre: 2:47am On Dec 16, 2013
Imagine having an exciting and rewarding career as a recording artist. When you become a recording artist you can touch people's lives through your music, while making money doing what you love.

It has never been easier to create and sell your own recordings, and if you build a large enough following, your career path can lead to a major recording deal and even stardom.
When you're not recording in the studio, your "job" as a recording artist may include:
Live performances
Appearing and performing in music videos
Doing interviews for radio, TV, magazines, and newspapers
Appearing for photo shoots
Going on promotional tours 
Doing autograph signings and in-store appearances
Attending award shows and music industry parties
Interacting with fans
If this sounds like the career of your dreams, the koboheights Guide to Become a Recording Artist is for you.
Please follow the link
koboheights./2013/12/06/music/ or contact us on 232E12C2
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Msgamble: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2013
@chupcake n Boll2010, u both av point..Nas is living legend incomparable 'a perfectionist n complex ryhmer'.. Eminem vs jay z? Jay z of 90's down to 2005 'Yes' buh from then till nw 'nigga av got to spitt bars nt huh', eminem sing pop? Got ur ans in 'rap god' he wrote 'they say it pop nt hiphop buh somehow i find a way to fushed it'..Eminem might b white buh d only lyricist we av got since d day of biggie, big joe,big pun,j cole,pitbull are also white yet underated..j cole vs k dot? Luv cole since days of 'can't get enough' with trey songz buh overly impressed with 'crooked smile' n his 'Born sinner' album buh k dot 'good kid, mad city' album is d best hiphop av got this year, both av got great future ahead of them, d 'new Nas' av got to say
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Msgamble: 9:14am On Dec 16, 2013
@chupcake n Boll2010, u both av point..Nas is living legend incomparable 'a perfectionist n complex ryhmer'.. Eminem vs jay z? Jay z of 90's down to 2005 'Yes' buh from then till nw 'nigga av got to spitt bars nt huh', eminem sing pop? Got ur ans in 'rap god' he wrote 'they say it pop nt hiphop buh somehow i find a way to fushed it'..Eminem might b white buh d only lyricist we av got since d day of biggie, big joe,big pun,j cole,pitbull are also white yet underated..j cole vs k dot? Luv cole since days of 'can't get enough' with trey songz buh overly impressed with 'crooked smile' n his 'Born sinner' album buh k dot 'good kid, mad city' album is d best hiphop av got this year, both av got great future ahead of them, d 'new Nas' av got to say

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kullozone(m): 10:06am On Dec 16, 2013
Msgamble: @chupcake n Boll2010, u both av point..Nas is living legend incomparable 'a perfectionist n complex ryhmer'.. Eminem vs jay z? Jay z of 90's down to 2005 'Yes' buh from then till nw 'nigga av got to spitt bars nt huh', eminem sing pop? Got ur ans in 'rap god' he wrote 'they say it pop nt hiphop buh somehow i find a way to fushed it'..Eminem might b white buh d only lyricist we av got since d day of biggie, big joe,big pun,j cole,pitbull are also white yet underated..j cole vs k dot? Luv cole since days of 'can't get enough' with trey songz buh overly impressed with 'crooked smile' n his 'Born sinner' album buh k dot 'good kid, mad city' album is d best hiphop av got this year, both av got great future ahead of them, d 'new Nas' av got to say

ds mre lyk it.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by danbrowndmf(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
skipo smith007: i know blame u sha, u know dy street....as i dy view u self, u go be one aje butter...eyah pele, omo mummy..no offence anyway, jez saying the fact...u said is a rapper, he gat rhymes nd d lies...but why we knw dy hear hin name...na d question be dat

Guy u b okoro na naw i don rilli see say u kne sabi anytn for rap,hez nt doin commercial dt y,becus ice prince dy sell pass mode9 He mean say ice prince good pass mode9 lyricaly? Or becus say drake dy sell pass nas he mean say im beta pass nas lyricaly?....guy abeg selling point nd been lyricaly drug na two different tin,ask pple wey sabi tinx for rap
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Afroconnect: 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
kerijay:

Dude i've listened to Phero's albulm which was released in 2010 titled Return Of Phero The Great and there was nothing there...nigga rhymes were as plain as plain as amateurs having sexx for the first time,no complex stuff and the track you said was an hit track he even had to bring other tight rappers to make it blow......I've listened to his mixtape album titled Blood Sweat N Tears...nigga the only only thing that album could generate was that he featured Yung6ix who went dissing an underground rapper in the south
Phero is tight,he got metaphors,he always tries to bring something deep to the table,and his punchlines hits hard.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by noob03saibot(m): 5:27am On Feb 18, 2015
Nil
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by tuffgongjo(m): 9:25am On Feb 18, 2015
danbrowndmf:

Bros u talk well abeg,na better talk dt guy no sabi anytn,2b only rapper for eminem album bo beans jare,which joe cole,...joe cole jus wanna do commercial no hard punch.. Even our nigerian rapper lyk MI beta pass all dis joe cole,2chainz, e.t.c ..dem no gt storyline na only drugs n woman dem dy talk
Are you sure that you have listen to Jermaine Cole? Because that guy is Rembrandt of Music.A fuckkin lyrical painter.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by danbrowndmf(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
tuffgongjo
post=30839894:

Are you sure that you have listen to Jermaine Cole?
Because that guy is Rembrandt of Music.A fuckkin lyrical painter.
and i neva doubted dt,buh Kendrick Lamar is more preferable 4me!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Undilutedfact: 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
Get your mind Blown away, listen to the rap track #Gangariya via this link:
http://alonetone.com/thrilllz/tracks
or
http://alonetone.com/thrilllz/tracks/thrillz-gangariya-medium-1.mp3
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by JesChill(m): 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
On point, you said it all...
yoji:
However let me go with d heading. Some names on this list discredits the list.
1-pheroshuz: this is probably one of d most underrated rappers in naija. For u to judge his career on this1 line is plain ridiculous. U obviously haven't heard any of his albums. His last effort that had the hit single 'correct'' was a very very good album. The classic track 'sample' won terry the rapman a hiphop world award for best rap single featured phero and phero almost murdered terry. Mentioning phero makes no sense and can only mean it's beef.
2-ruggedman: veterans aren't judged at 1 point in time, but on the impact of their careers. In America, for example, .mc's like rakeem and krs 1 cannot match the lyrical strengths of new borns like lil Wayne and TI, but nevertheless, they are stil ranked as some of the best ever. This is cos, at their peak, they were d best and they showed another generation a style that never existed and very few could match. The same applies to ruggedman.
3-cartiar : this dude definitely had talent, jus that after his hit single, he just couldn't sustain it cos of issues that go beyond just the ability to rap. It's like saying Godwon and iceberg slim are stilwack they have not been commercially successful.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by will007: 12:15am On Feb 22, 2015
danbrowndmf:
and i neva doubted dt,buh Kendrick Lamar is more preferable 4me!

Seconded!!....#teamkendrick
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by olamillionaire(m): 6:58am On Jan 26, 2016
chupcake:

That's what these so called rappers don't get... His verse on control isn't beef.. Its a wake up call. Listen to the song, he aint beefing anyone.. And on Good Kid Mad City... Bro, I don't mean any disrespect oo buh you didn't listen to the album.. The whole album is actually a 'short movie'.. Every song tells a story. The first track was how he met Sherene.. Every song on the Album is like a scene in a movie.. Pls goan listen to the album again. The 12min long 'Sing About Me, I'm dying of Thirst'... That isn't abstract at all.. Pls take time to listen to the entire album again..
chupcake:

That's what these so called rappers don't get... His verse on control isn't beef.. Its a wake up call. Listen to the song, he aint beefing anyone.. And on Good Kid Mad City... Bro, I don't mean any disrespect oo buh you didn't listen to the album.. The whole album is actually a 'short movie'.. Every song tells a story. The first track was how he met Sherene.. Every song on the Album is like a scene in a movie.. Pls goan listen to the album again. The 12min long 'Sing About Me, I'm dying of Thirst'... That isn't abstract at all.. Pls take time to listen to the entire album again..
chupcake:

I think that Nigga is just being biased and doesn't wana concur that kendrick is far better than J'cole in all ramifications! Pls tell him to re-listen to "Sing About me, and dying of thirst" again, beta still get a good headfone and listen to that Album over again! He didn't listen to section 80 too! His ears just came across it! A power verse in d "power circle" in the Self made 2 (track 1) was .....! Ross had to take it himself in d vid! I tink he knows! Kendrick is far better, he's just acting like he doesn't! Don't let me move foward till 2016 that I just posted this!
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by olamillionaire(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
chupcake:

This guy u r arguing with ehn! Lol..! He's sumn else!
If he says "its not by sales" den Royce da 5'9 and joe budden are better than J'cole then! That's if he ever listend to underground rappers!

Funke Akindele Jenifa - 'I Want To Rap' (Audio) / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts / Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77