Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP (1674 Views)

UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by LordVarys: 6:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Meanwhile, Sokoto State Commissioner for  Information, Alhaji Danladi Bako, yesterday said the recent defection of   Wamakko  to APC  was in line with the yearnings and aspirations of the people.

He also announced that all commissioners, special advisers and the 23 local government chairmen in the state have resolved to join APC.
Addressing reporters in Sokoto after a stakeholders' meeting, Bako said Wamakko had in the last few months held consultations with party stakeholders, lawmakers, traditional rulers and leaders at the grassroots, adding that the move to APC was a unanimous decision by the people of Sokoto State.

According to him, the people have lost confidence in PDP and have unanimously resolved to join APC as a result of the impunity of the national leadership of the PDP.

However, the state Deputy Governor, Alhaji Mukhtari Shagari, yesterday said he would remain in PDP and therefore, he would not follow Wamakko to APC.

He added that he had no problem   with Wamakko but he would remain loyal and committed to the ideals of the PDP.

He told reporters  in Sokoto that he joined PDP not because of any individual but based on principle and as such he would remain in the party.
The deputy governor also said  it was only yesterday that he was informed by Wamakko during a meeting of the decision taken by stakeholders on the need to move to APC.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/wamakko-g-5-governors-gone-for-good/166298/
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by MATUREZEE: 7:22am On Dec 10, 2013
How this take affect positively in the suffering of the masses there in Sokoto
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by donphilopus: 7:30am On Dec 10, 2013
Is it practically possible for a governor and his deputy to be in different political party?? Because I'm contemplating this.

If this story is true! That means most of the Sokoto PDP members, in the National Assemble, including the Speaker would soon defect to APC!

Meanwhile! APC has won all seats in Sokoto state, without any election!
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by IKEMBANNEWI: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2013
This News is long overdue, i always knew Muktar would never follow that ingrate to APC, i still remember during the Campaigns in 2007, Muktar was the then PDP flag bearer Wammako was running under ANPP, while Katuka (backed by the former Gov) flew under DPP. Muktar would have won that election had Wammako not gone to beg on his knees to contest under PDP, muktar under pressure from stakeholders decided to accept the post of deputy. That man is the Gov in waiting for 2015. He has a lot of grassroot support(being the son of the former president is equally another advantage) the man is wise

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by nurus: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2013
@ikemba nnewi.I beg to disagree a bit.shagari has the party which is PDP bt he doesn't have the structure and popularity as Wamakko.Wamakko never begged shagari rather it was OBJ that broke a peace deal and allow Wammako to contest under PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Then change him the way Isa Yuguda changed Garba Gadi with Sagir Sale when Garba refuse to leave ANPP for PDP.
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by IKEMBANNEWI: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2013
nurus: @ikemba nnewi.I beg to disagree a bit.shagari has the party which is PDP bt he doesn't have the structure and popularity as Wamakko[/]b.Wamakko never begged shagari rather it was OBJ that broke a peace deal and allow Wammako to contest under PDP.
[b] Are you kiddling me? What popularity? You and i know wammako's popularity has dwindled overtime, he has been rocked with scandals after scandals, 1st was the homosex scandal, then the scandal that he built a duplex worth #200M in Sama road( GRA) which he later claimed belonged to one of his commissioners, the final nail on his coffin was when it was alleged he assisted in rigging in the 2011 general elections! Nurus with all due respect, if you were to conduct a popularity test between Wammako and Shagari, you can be sure it would tilt in Shagari's favor.
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by kokoA(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: This News is long overdue, i always knew Muktar would never follow that ingrate to APC, i still remember during the Campaigns in 2007, Muktar was the then PDP flag bearer Wammako was running under ANPP, while Katuka (backed by the former Gov) flew under DPP. Muktar would have won that election had Wammako not gone to beg on his knees to contest under PDP, muktar under pressure from stakeholders decided to accept the post of deputy. That man is the Gov in waiting for 2015. He has a lot of grassroot support(being the son of the former president is equally another advantage) the man is wise
you must be kidding to compare shagari to a Wamako/Bafarawa combo.. Sokoto is gone from PDP bro, that's the sad truth.
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2013
Lol
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by samuelkaykay(m): 9:47am On Dec 10, 2013
Those who understand political equation can evaluate the idea of Wammako trying to outshine Mallam Shagari who is expected to take over from him,this game is engineered by Tambuwal.
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by oshyno(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2013
One thing is definitely at bare here. There will political re-alignment. We just have to wait and watch cuz is nt by noise making. Itz not always as it seems on the pages of papers.
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by kokoA(m): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2013
samuelkaykay: Those who understand political equation can evaluate the idea of Wammako trying to outshine Mallam Shagari who is expected to take over from him,this game is engineered by Tambuwal.
you are correct, the real battle will be between tanbuwal and shagari. Tanbwual is interested in becoming governor if his presidential ambition fails. His godfather, wamako sees him as a better successor who can cover his tracks than Shagari. He must have done all the calculations and seen that it will almost be impossible for him to secure the pdp ticket for tambuwal due to shagari's influence, so they decamped to APC where tanbuwal is even going ahead to gun for presidency straight up. If tanbuwal fails to gather the necessary support for his presidential ambition, he is sure gonna get the APC governorship ticket, either way, wamako wins.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2013
No new news here..we all know the shagari's wld never join a party that has Buhari as a frontman...its a family beef
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by ochejoseph(m): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2013
I was in wamakkos office in the height of his political battle with Bafarawa, the man was reduced to almost nothing , he was completely a shadow of who he used to be, I felt a lot of Pity for him as I felt Bafarawa did not have to be so mean .
As student Union leaders we left that office and headed for the state. Assembly , even the clerks office was by far a more organised place than the deputy Govs .
When Wammako became Gov I expected a lot from him because of what he had passed thru but I was shocked when he started flogging PHCN staffs and from no where started dictating what he wanted from the PDP after been helped by the PDP to a great extent to become Gov.
The greatest beneficiary of the PDP machinery today (legal and Illegal) is wamakko ) from the supreme court abrakadabra that kept him as Gov to the merger that helped him win the governorship Election. People will come and go but an institution will remain . Wamakko made the wrong choice this time
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2013
Wammako miscalculated this time around by joining the APC. High time the PDP aligns with Bafarawa and co to kick him out.

It was the PDP machinery that has sustained him in office, despite not winning an election. Time to kick him out.

What an illiterate !

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by Gamji007: 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: This News is long overdue, i always knew Muktar would never follow that ingrate to APC, i still remember during the Campaigns in 2007, Muktar was the then PDP flag bearer Wammako was running under ANPP, while Katuka (backed by the former Gov) flew under DPP. Muktar would have won that election had Wammako not gone to beg on his knees to contest under PDP, muktar under pressure from stakeholders decided to accept the post of deputy. That man is the Gov in waiting for 2015. He has a lot of grassroot support(being the son of the former president is equally another advantage) the man is wise

Bross, u sabi lie ooo! It was PDP that came to Wammako, begging him to join the party after his fallout with Bafarawa. Wammako was the only candidate the could defeat the candidate of the former governor, and PDP chose wammako and demoted their very unpopular candidate, shagari,who can't even deliver a ward in one local gonerment.

My friend, Wammako brought light to pdp in Sokoto state, and he has now taken back that light.

APC de kamkpe for Sokoto state. tongue

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by IKEMBANNEWI: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Gamji007:

Bross, u sabi lie ooo! It was PDP that came to Wammako, begging him to join the party after his fallout with Bafarawa. Wammako was the only candidate the could defeat the candidate of the former governor, and PDP chose wammako and demoted their very unpopular candidate, shagari,who can't even deliver a ward in one local gonerment.

My friend, Wammako brought light to pdp in Sokoto state, and he has now taken back that light.

APC de kamkpe for Sokoto state. tongue
I will not join words with a political neophyte of your breed, scamper out of my sight and go and continue butt licking Alu! Shagari is the Governor in waiting! Quote me anyday
Re: Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP by Gamji007: 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
^^^
It's not my fault that u guys lost Sokoto state, but accept my condolence! cool

(1) (Reply)

Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed / Go To Court Apc Urges Brazil / President Jonathan Sack Striking Doctors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.