Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed (1675 Views)

Sad! Why Did This Pretty Model Succumb To This Temptation? She Now Faces Death! / I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi / 14-year Old Kano Child Bride, Faces Death Penalty For Allegedly Killing Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by gratiaeo(m): 6:29am On Jan 07, 2014
A young Muslim in Mauritania
is facing a possible death
sentence after being convicted
of apostasy and jailed for
having written an article
criticising the Prophet
Mohammed, a judicial source
said Monday.
He was arrested on Thursday in
Nouadhibou in the northwest of
the country, an Islamic
republic, and “was convicted of
lack of respect for the prophet,”
and jailed, the source told AFP.
The author of the article will be
brought before a judge and
given the chance to repent but if
he refuses, “he risks the death
penalty,” the source added.
Illustration: The hangman
In the article, which was
published on several
Mauritanian websites but later
removed, he questioned the
decisions taken by Islam’s
prophet and his companions
during the holy wars.
He also accused Mauritanian
society of perpetuating “a sinful
social order” and defended
those at the bottom rungs of
society who he described as
“marginalised and
discriminated against from
birth.”
It marked the first time an
article criticising Islam and the
prophet had been published in
Mauritania, where Sharia law is
enforced — although severe
punishments like death
sentences have not been applied
since the 1980s.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/01/06/young-muslim-faces-death-penalty-for-criticising-mohammed/
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by rmaubsiau(m): 6:30am On Jan 07, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by cheezkid(m): 6:32am On Jan 07, 2014
nawa o
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by OgidiBoy(m): 6:35am On Jan 07, 2014
Religion of peace indeed.

1 Like

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Cooldude001: 6:52am On Jan 07, 2014
Not again! angry
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by sammyzacks(m): 7:04am On Jan 07, 2014
Muslims speak out!
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Ahmadie(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2014
sammyzacks: Muslims speak out!
that is just the Law simple as u abusing you father u knew the kind of beating that u gonna receive

3 Likes

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by manny4life(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2014
Ahmadie: that is just the Law simple as u abusing you father u knew the kind of beating that u gonna receive

So in your knowledge, instead of lashing him with 100 strokes of cane, it's death abi?

Even if I criticized my father or even insulted him, it takes more than just mere insult for him to wanna whoop me let alone a killing me...

Religion of PEACE indeed.

11 Likes

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 07, 2014
Well, that's his wahala, sinx he's muslim, then he must have know the penalty! Kill him
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by mike404(m): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2014
ISLAM MATTER DON TIRE ME JAWE

1 Like

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 07, 2014
As a christian,I serve a loving and forgiving creator. It is not His will that any of us should perish but come to the knowledge of Him. Anyother religion that will kill his creation on his behalf does not worship God the creator.
Besides,my father is more than able to punish any of his children Himself. The idea of men taking another man's life on behalf of God is occultic and not of God.
Finally,I always ask any one who thinks otherwise to answer this question- if you have a son or daughter whom you love and she insults you and a stranger takes your child and kill him on your behalf,would you congratulate and reward him for killing your own child? The answer will tell us the folly in some religions. How can one kill the child God created and expected God to reward him?
Sad,very sad indeed.

11 Likes

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Itoroetti(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2014
U kill someone for merely criticising ur prophet and u claim u are worshiping God.
Which God?
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by kgbd(m): 8:26am On Jan 07, 2014
I belief he was prepared for any resulting punishment before releasing the article. Kill him or not he already has some followers and it will only be a matter of time be you put some numbers of your people to death every other week.
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by IdomaLikita: 8:31am On Jan 07, 2014
If Allah is the true God, let him administer punishment himself!

2 Likes

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by mike404(m): 8:36am On Jan 07, 2014
Idoma Likita: If Allah is the true God, let him administer punishment himself!
SECONDED

1 Like

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2014
after they will say mohammed is not their god. what exactly is wrong in criticising a man?
we christians know that our Christ is the God yet we will never kill anyone that disrespects him.

1 Like

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Layolaw(f): 9:26am On Jan 07, 2014
hmmmmm........., what a religion! who can fight for the most Powerful, Almighty and Awesome God?
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 07, 2014
I'm so happy for him.
He knew the penalties and he went ahead to do what he shouldn't do. Boy, he got served. Give him to the North Korean puff puff boy, his dogs are hungry.
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by OgologoDimkpa: 9:54am On Jan 07, 2014
careytommy: after they will say mohammed is not god. what exactly is wrong in criticising a man?
we christians know that our Christ is the God yet we will never kill anyone that disrespects him.
Wellsaid!
I tire for that Stupiid religin angry.
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Abbey2sam(m): 9:59am On Jan 07, 2014
Islam is peaceful, if not which other religion sentence people to death?

#islamabad
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2014
You people should learn to read an article and digest the information passed, rather than just gulping the headlines before making comments.
First of all. I want everyone to know, the accused is a muslim, and him accepting islam as a faith, has bounded him to the rules which he must abide to. Its like you taking an oath on something knowing glaringly the repercussions if you decide to go against the oath. Note that the laws are only binding to muslims, not non muslims.
Secondly, I want everyone to read this part
"The author of the article will be
he refuses, ?he risks the death
penalty" this means that he would be given a trial process and his side of the story would be heard, just like in every other normal courts proceedings in the rest of the world, and then if found guilty, he would be given a second chance to repent, that means if he had been misinformed, he would be enlightened more about islam so as to know where he got it wrong.

Thirdly, this
"although severe
punishments like death

since the 1980s" this clearly has showned that the death penalty is just a scare and it won't be carried out unless it bcoms an option of last resort

And Yes, islam is a religion of peace and love. A religion whereby its doctrines covers every single aspect of the human life, from the bigger aspects like politics, trade, marriage, law and order to the minutes things like cleansing oneself after urinating, how to eat and sleep

2 Likes

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by lincolnj88: 10:14am On Jan 07, 2014
When janet jackson converted to islam...did anybody purnish her for apostacy......islam is never of peace....
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by dexmond: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2014
The young man is going to die for asking valid questions about his religion. why are muslims hidding so many things about their peace loving religion?

1 Like

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2014
Hahahahaha... Id*ots... Wetin concern em if someone insult mohammed?

Shey na free world we dey? Why are they taking panadol for someone else's headache?

Who appointed them as judges over others?

What right do they have to take another person's life.

Bloody delusioned hypocrites... *spits on them*
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by shidof(m): 10:59am On Jan 07, 2014
I dn't really knw why xtians jst lyk surbodination, y cn't u leave islam and muslim alone with our religion? @ least d rule is only bound on muslim alone, so wat au pathetics abt? Bunch of hyprocites.Islam is nt jst a religion, it's simply a basics way of life nd guided wit specific rule nd regulation whc ol muslim must obliged to unlike ur own religon where u've aborted almost ol d rules, regulations nd punishment in d bible for simplicity sake. I'm still proud to be a muslim.
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Abbey2sam(m): 11:02am On Jan 07, 2014
A.jeez:
You people should learn to read an article and digest the information passed, rather than just gulping the headlines before making comments.
First of all. I want everyone to know, the accused is a muslim, and him accepting islam as a faith, has bounded him to the rules which he must abide to. Its like you taking an oath on something knowing glaringly the repercussions if you decide to go against the oath. Note that the laws are only binding to muslims, not non muslims.
Secondly, I want everyone to read this part
"The author of the article will be
he refuses, ?he risks the death
penalty" this means that he would be given a trial process and his side of the story would be heard, just like in every other normal courts proceedings in the rest of the world, and then if found guilty, he would be given a second chance to repent, that means if he had been misinformed, he would be enlightened more about islam so as to know where he got it wrong.

Thirdly, this
"although severe
punishments like death

since the 1980s" this clearly has showned that the death penalty is just a scare and it won't be carried out unless it bcoms an option of last resort

And Yes, islam is a religion of peace and love. A religion whereby its doctrines covers every single aspect of the human life, from the bigger aspects like politics, trade, marriage, law and order to the minutes things like cleansing oneself after urinating, how to eat and sleep

Rubbish of the first order
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by kpaft: 11:18am On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by kpaft: 11:20am On Jan 07, 2014
•°°°
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by fr3do(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2014
Mo matter again!

Btw thats the location of mauritania

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Dhurmynick(m): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2014
Jihadists

I hate islam but i love muslims.

The good ones.
Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by simpleseyi: 11:36am On Jan 07, 2014
Leviticus 24:10-16 - Punishment for Blasphemy

10 Now an Israelite woman's son, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the people of Israel. And the Israelite woman's son and a man of Israel fought in the camp, 11 and the Israelite woman's son blasphemed the Name, and cursed. Then they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. 12 And they put him in custody, till the will of the Lord should be clear to them.

13 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 14 “Bring out of the camp the one who cursed, and let all who heard him lay their hands on his head, and let all the congregation stone him. 15 And speak to the people of Israel, saying, Whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. 16 Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

1 Like

Re: Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2014
Abbey2sam:

Rubbish of the first order

Hate makes the mind shallow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: No Ebola Case In Rivers State, Doctor's Case Was Conspiracy! / Nigeria Overpopulation: Blame Political Leaders And Women / Ffk's Chronic Mouth-odour Allegation Against Tinubu, Who Started This Damage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.