Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. (818 Views)

Christians Aren't Serving The Same God But Muslims Are / Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Emusan(m): 7:54am On Dec 10, 2013
NOTE: This thread is not a rush & read type and then comment rather take your time to read through because all verses refer to won't be quoted fully.

Some people see the major controversy between Christianity and Islam today as a result of Muslims being denied the death of Jesus Christ or Son of God(or mostly as God) of which the origin & content of each side speaks more than this.

The major aim of this thread is to highlight the incoherent between each book being claimed to be inspired by the same person to draw our conclusion. Even though Qur'an isn't too interesting to read I can still decipher these points.

THE CREATIONS
The book of Genesis which mean "the beginning tells us how God begins His works and it is witten by Moses through revelation.
Gen chapter 1 & 2 show how God prepared EARTH to stand out of waters and how everything are being created including MAN.
God confirmed this creation accounts by the people who came after Moses i.e Job 37 & 38, Heb 11:3 e.t.c

Qur'an claimed that EARTH was created from another body i.e heaven and earth were once in a mass before God caused them to be separated Sura 21:30 "Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together [as one unit of creation], before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

Again Qur'an said the sky and earth speak when God called on them to come forth willingly or unwillingly Sura 41:11. Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been [as] smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come [together], in willing obedience."
Though they both agree on 6days creations and Adam & Eve.
But the rest negate the creation accounts in the Bible.

THE FLOOD
Another exciting story in the Bible is the flood of NOAH.
Genesis 7 details how many people who went into the Ark with Noah....number them as 8 peoples. How are will sure that this number is correct?
The simple answer is God also comfirmed it through people who succeeded Moses:
1. Apostle Peter confirmed this in 1peter 3:20, 2peter 2:5
2. The writer of the book of Hebrew also did the same Heb 11:7

Qur'an said some people get converted through Noah's preaching and entered the Ark with him apart from his family. Sura 11:25-49
Again Qur'an also said one of the Noah's sons perished with the flood, Sura 11:43 "The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood"

FALL OF SATAN
Prophet Isaiah was well known for his remarkable prophecies and visions. In his book chapter 14:12-15 and 47:6-12, he spoke about Satan having said he will raise his throne above God and be like the Most High God as a result of this angel Michael waged war against satan and he was cast down to the earth. How true is this statement about satan?
We can agree with this because another Apostle attested it: In John's revelation in the NT, God confirmed this Rev 12:7-12

Qur'an says Satan fell because he failed to submit/give worship to Adam when Adam was first created that God said let all the Angels submit/give worship to him. Sura 7:11-16 "11. It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis(Satan); He refused to be of those who prostrate", sura 2:34

ISAAC & ISMAIL
This is no more news that Quran says Ismail is the promised son while Isaac is the son of the bound woman but I choose it because it being confirmed by Apostle Paul in Galatians 4:28 "Now we, brethen, as Isaac was, are the children of promise."

PSALMS
You may wonder and ask why the book of psalms? Actually I found this as total false in Qur'an. In more than two verses in Qur'an stated that it is Allah who gave David the zabûr(Psalms)
But what we know about the book of Psalms today is that; is the collection of one hundred and fifty lyrics which compose the 19 OT books. Authorship of seventy of it ascribed to David, the rest were ascribed to people like Moses, Asaph, Ezra e.t.c.
Psalms simply means "praises in Hebrew" and the whole book have been divided into two 1) songs of praises sang by these people in worshiping God. 2) is called holy written which means those part that were not song but speak about Christ mostly.
The whole book of Psalms was not written by a single person.

In Yusuf Ali's translation thought to have noticed this problem quickly inserted this phrase into his book [the gift of].

US, WE & OUR
Going by the way of today's English these words are refer to as A PERSONAL PRONOUN which involved the speaker and at least one person. Though colloquially it means Me or I.
These are unusual words used in composition of Qur'an which are very rare in the Bible except in two cases. We found these words in Gen 1:26 when God said "Let US make man in OUR own image...." and also in John 14:23 when Jesus used these personal pronouns to show that He and the Father are truly one "..and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him"
In using these words it's obvious that the writer/speaker is not only referring to himself but group of peoples. Neither God nor Angels ever delivered a message in the Bible with these personal pronoun words.

Now these words were widely used in Qur'an to the extent that it appeared in form of worship of more than one God i.e sura 21:90 "So We listened to him: and We granted him Yahya: We cured his wife's [Barrenness] for him. These [three] were ever quick in emulation in good works; they used to call on Us with love and reverence, and humble themselves before Us.

Sura 10:12. When trouble toucheth a man, He crieth unto Us [in all postures]- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!

Many more 51:36, 37:75-78, 39:2 that time and space won't permit me to list them all.

The rest will be posted later!

CONCLUSION
It's crystal clear that the person who inspired the two books is absolutely different. No wonder Muslims always stuck in between to give a direct answer to this simple question "Is Christians and Muslims serving the same God" or quickly concluded that "Bible has been corrupted"
If they agree with the question or didn't conclude either, their book is out of Biblical inspiration which is true anyway. Though it contains all figures(I mean people) that make up the Bible but it called those prophets a liar and makes God a liar too.
Muhammad really called the past prophets and Allah liars as it stated in this Sura 3:65 "Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding?"
Yet He(Muhammad) claimed that the Torah(law) and the Gospel were revealed by Allah"

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Drniyi4u(m): 8:10am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 10, 2013
Whoa
I hope they see it...you have done a well-done job sir
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by dejt4u(m): 8:24am On Dec 10, 2013
You are jst confusing urself wt bad interpretations. Better stick to what u are best at...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by harbiola1(m): 11:28am On Dec 10, 2013
I can sense the fact that if this brother see the truth, is gonna EMBRACE it.
Emusan: Muslims being denied the death of Jesus Christ or Son of God(or mostly as God) of which the origin & content of each side speaks more than this.
Conjecture! u don't even know who Jesus is.
Emusan:
creation accounts by the people who came after Moses i.e Job 37 & 38, Heb 11:3 e.t.c[/b]
Question 1: Why didn't these people solve the issues of REDACTION errors in the OT.

Emusan:
Qur'an claimed that EARTH was created from another body i.e heaven and earth were once in a mass before God caused them to be separated Sura 21:30 "Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together [as one unit of creation], before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
"THE BIG BANG THEORY"
Emusan:
Again Qur'an said the sky and earth speak when God called on them to come forth willingly or unwillingly [b]Sura 41:11. Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been [as] smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come [together], in willing obedience."

ALLAH IS GREATEST!
Emusan:
Though they both agree on 6days creations and Adam & Eve.
[color=red]But the rest negate the creation accounts in the Bible.

REST, how?
Emusan:
THE FLOOD
Another exciting story in the Bible is the flood of NOAH.
Genesis 7 details how many people who went into the Ark with Noah....number them as 8 peoples. How are will sure that this number is correct? The simple answer is God also comfirmed it through people who succeeded Moses:
1. Apostle Peter confirmed this in 1peter 3:20, 2peter 2:5
2. The writer of the book of Hebrew also did the same Heb 11:7
I've nt knwn why they did nt bother to correct those REDACTION errors so i'll reserve my comment.
Emusan:
Qur'an said some people get converted through Noah's preaching and entered the Ark with him apart from his family. Sura 11:25-49
Again Qur'an also said one of the Noah's sons perished with the flood, Sura 11:43 "The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood"
ALLAH IS GREATEST!!!
Emusan:
FALL OF SATAN
Prophet Isaiah was well known for his remarkable prophecies and visions. [b]In his book chapter 14:12-15 and 47:6-12,
he spoke about Satan having said he will raise his throne above God and be like the Most High God as a result of this angel Michael waged war against satan and he was cast down to the earth. How true is this statement about satan?
We can agree with this because another Apostle attested it: In John's revelation in the NT, God confirmed this Rev 12:7-12
Bible [bible and not Harbiola1] clearly portrayed either John's or Jesus' statement as untrue by CONTRADICTING each other.
Emusan:
Qur'an says Satan fell because he failed to submit/give worship to Adam when Adam was first created that God said let all the Angels submit/give worship to him. [b]Sura 7:11-16 "11. It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis(Satan); He refused to be of those who prostrate", sura 2:34
ALLAH IS GREATEST!!!
Emusan:
ISAAC & ISMAIL
This is no more news that Quran says Ismail is the promised son while Isaac is the son of the bound woman but I choose it because it being confirmed by Apostle Paul in Galatians 4:28 [b]"Now we, brethen, as Isaac was, are the children of promise."

Even according to the story in the bible, the SON couldn't have been ISAAC bt ISMAIL
Emusan:
PSALMS
You may wonder and ask why the book of psalms? Actually I found this as total false in Qur'an. In more than two verses in Qur'an stated that it is Allah who gave David the zabûr(Psalms) But what we know about the book of Psalms today is that; is the collection of one hundred and fifty lyrics which compose the 19 OT books.
The whole book of Psalms was not written by a single person.
Have u ever thought about the source of those discrepancies in the bible?
Emusan:
In Yusuf Ali's translation thought to have noticed this problem quickly inserted this phrase into his book [the gift of].
[bUS, WE & OUR[/u
My message box can't contain more than 5000l bt i got ur point here and i guess u'll understand this.
Now can you brake down the word "ELOH [IM]".

Actually i don't want to engage in argument because it has never yield a better result in this forum, and that is the reason i like using QUESTION/ANSWER tactics.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by harbiola1(m): 11:45am On Dec 10, 2013
Actually, u just jump on the CONCLUSSION thatt Muhammed(saw) said other Prophets were LIARS when bible clear said they were MURDERERS, FORNICA. TORS, DRUNKARDS, IDOLATORS...

Muhammed(saw) was doing what Jesus seems to have not enough time to do.
Let us summon our SENSES, do you think JESUS wouldn't have said something about those inconsistence stories in the bible?

Ministry of Jesus didn't last more than 3years. that 3 years wasn't only too small, but Jews won't also let him be.

Prior to the ascension of Jesus, it was reported that he told his Disciples that "I've many things to say to you but you can't bear them now".

Jesus surely had many things to say but his time wasn't enough.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Emusan(m): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
harbiola1:
I can sense the fact that if this brother see the truth, is gonna EMBRACE it.

Conjecture! u don't even know who Jesus is.

Question 1: Why didn't these people solve the issues of REDACTION errors in the OT.

"THE BIG BANG THEORY"

ALLAH IS GREATEST!

I've nt knwn why they did nt bother to correct those REDACTION errors so i'll reserve my comment.

ALLAH IS GREATEST!!!
Bible [bible and not Harbiola1] clearly portrayed either John's or Jesus' statement as untrue by CONTRADICTING each other.
ALLAH IS GREATEST!!!

Even according to the story in the bible, the SON couldn't have been ISAAC bt ISMAIL
Have u ever thought about the source of those discrepancies in the bible?
My message box can't contain more than 5000l bt i got ur point here and i guess u'll understand this.
Now can you brake down the word "ELOH [IM]".

Actually i don't want to engage in argument because it has never yield a better result in this forum, and that is the reason i like using QUESTION/ANSWER tactics.

So you don't have anything better than these poo
Anyway TRUTH is bitter......
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Emusan(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
harbiola1: Actually, u just jump on the CONCLUSSION thatt Muhammed(saw) said other Prophets were LIARS when bible clear said they were MURDERERS, FORNICA. TORS, DRUNKARDS, IDOLATORS...

See how you keep exposing your ignorance.....Who sent these prophets you're talking about? Did Allah not claim responsibility for sending them?

Let us summon our SENSES, do you think JESUS wouldn't have said something about those inconsistence stories in the bible?

Ministry of Jesus didn't last more than 3years. that 3 years wasn't only too small, but Jews won't also let him be.

Prior to the ascension of Jesus, it was reported that he told his Disciples that "I've many things to say to you but you can't bear them now".

Delusion....why do you think I opened this thread if not for this your useless claim.

pls come with better prove next time and stop exposing your ignorance
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by marcangelo(m): 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
harbiola1: Actually, u just jump on the CONCLUSSION thatt Muhammed(saw) said other Prophets were LIARS when bible clear said they were MURDERERS, FORNICA. TORS, DRUNKARDS, IDOLATORS...

u ar rily ignorant,and narrow minded. . *no offence intended* how can u say al prophets in d bible did dat, ar u daft? Dnt u tink clearly? To prove dat u arnt show me just one verse in d bible dat said dat?
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by dejt4u(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dis is just a game of juvenile deliquencies. Stop it pls and stick to what u believe in. Christians shld stick to their bibl nd muslims to their quran. No pokenosing..
La-kum dinukum waliya-diin
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by lanrexlan(m): 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by lanrexlan(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Emusan: CONCLUSION
It's crystal clear that the person who inspired the two books is absolutely different. No wonder Muslims always stuck in between to give a direct answer to this simple question "Is Christians and Muslims serving the same God" or quickly concluded that "Bible has been corrupted"
If they agree with the question or didn't conclude either,their book is out of Biblical inspiration which is true anyway.
Though it contains all figures(I mean people) that make up the Bible but it called those prophets a liar and makes God a liar too.
Muhammad really called the past prophets and Allah liars as it stated in this Sura 3:65 "Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding?"
Yet He(Muhammad) claimed that the Torah(law) and the Gospel were revealed by Allah"

Shalom!
By Allah,I swear I wanna reply you but when I read this poo you posted then I realised that you are just a lost sheep searching for pasture and sheep are gullible.
Are the prophets the people of book? Emusan,please how do you reason these days? Are you this daft?
Was Abraham(pbuh) a Jew or a christian?
Jews mean those that inherited the Torah while christians mean those that inherited the Injeel and these two books were revealed after Abraham(pbuh).
Then how can Abraham(pbuh) be a Jew or christian? That's what Allah(swt) is asking The people of the book
Can't you think? Have you no sense?
Wonders shall never end on NL,it says People of the book and a confused fellow took it to be prophets.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Mintayo(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nice one@Op,so deep,so deep.
Esp the parts of US,WE etc in the quran...i once asked someone about it,the person was just moving in circle.
I will be right back...following.
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Emusan(m): 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
lanrexlan: By Allah,I swear I wanna reply you but when I read this poo you posted then I realised that you are just a lost sheep searching for pasture and sheep are gullible.
Are the prophets the people of book? Emusan,please how do you reason these days? Are you this daft?
Was Abraham(pbuh) a Jew or a christian?
Jews mean those that inherited the Torah while christians mean those that inherited the Injeel and these two books were revealed after Abraham(pbuh).
Then how can Abraham(pbuh) be a Jew or christian? That's what Allah(swt) is asking The people of the book
Can't you think? Have you no sense?
Wonders shall never end on NL,it says People of the book and a confused fellow took it to be prophets.

If not because your daftness if of the highest order you wouldn't have spew this nonsense "the people of the book" are Muslims can you reason that way....and the passage is very clear that you people shouldn't argue because the two books were revealed after Abraham....
If Allah truly revealed Torah and the gospel(as he claimed), why will muhammad say you shouldn't argue with it.

come with a better refutation ehhhh ignorance is not an excuse.

Shalom!
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by harbiola1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
What is it that you Christians like dodging a question and start arguing.
Did i say OP is not right with what he wrote?

What does it take you to refute my lies the same way i've done to ur post.
Respond my statements in a mature manner. Do as Do!
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by lanrexlan(m): 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
Emusan:

If not because your daftness if of the highest order you wouldn't have spew this nonsense "the people of the book" are Muslims can you reason that way....
What's he saying? Are you high on alomo?
and the passage is very clear that you people shouldn't argue because the two books were revealed after Abraham....
If Allah truly revealed Torah and the gospel(as he claimed),why will muhammad say you shouldn't argue with it.
Seriously,your brain can't be configured over the air you need a manual configuration.Is it hard to comprehend English? Where is it written in that verse muslims shouldn't argue? Muslims aren't even mentioned there.
Surah Al-Imran 3:65 -O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham),while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?.A very straightforward verse,the people of the Scripture(Jews and Christians) always dispute about the religion of Abraham(pbuh).
Some claim he was a Jew,others claim he was a christian.
Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:140 -Or say you that Ibrahim (Abraham),Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac),Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat were Jews or Christians?
Say,Do you know better or does Allah (knows better… that they all were Muslims)? And who is more unjust than he who conceals the testimony he has from Allah? And Allah is not unaware of what you do.
.This was the claim of the people of the Book,disputing whether Abraham(pbuh) was a Jew or a christian.Then Allah says in Surah Al-Imran 3:65 that how can Abraham(pbuh) be a Jew or a christian when both books(Torah and Injeel) were revealed after him.
Have you no sense? Can't you think?
My candid advice to you is that you need to get an English Tutor and maybe Mintayo can help you sha.

come with a better refutation ehhhh ignorance is not an excuse.

Shalom!
Refutation? Not with you,this is my last post here.You can't comprehend posts,always repeating the same thing.Ignorance and stupidity have built duplex in you,better eradicate it.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Mintayo(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
^^
muslims with curses and abuses? They are inseperable...smh.
Re: Reasons Why Christian And Muslim Aren't Serving The Same God. by Emusan(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2013
lanrexlan:
What's he saying? Are you high on alomo?
Seriously,your brain can't be configured over the air you need a manual configuration.Is it hard to comprehend English? Where is it written in that verse muslims shouldn't argue? Muslims aren't even mentioned there.
Surah Al-Imran 3:65 -O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham),while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?.A very straightforward verse,the people of the Scripture(Jews and Christians) always dispute about the religion of Abraham(pbuh).
Some claim he was a Jew,others claim he was a christian.
Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:140 -Or say you that Ibrahim (Abraham),Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac),Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat were Jews or Christians?
Say,Do you know better or does Allah (knows better… that they all were Muslims)? And who is more unjust than he who conceals the testimony he has from Allah? And Allah is not unaware of what you do.
.This was the claim of the people of the Book,disputing whether Abraham(pbuh) was a Jew or a christian.Then Allah says in Surah Al-Imran 3:65 that how can Abraham(pbuh) be a Jew or a christian when both books(Torah and Injeel) were revealed after him.
Have you no sense? Can't you think?
My candid advice to you is that you need to get an English Tutor and maybe Mintayo can help you sha.

Refutation? Not with you,this is my last post here.You can't comprehend posts,always repeating the same thing.Ignorance and stupidity have built duplex in you,better eradicate it.

I have known you for this not today!

Mind you the purpose of this thread isn't to argue with anyone for a very long post than to show that the Spirit that inspired Bible is different from Quran. I know none of you will agree that why offpoint is being given to the Op instead of addressing it because Muslims must find their way into Bible whereas there is a wide range in between the two Books.

(1) (Reply)

I Had A Dream AboutHow The Devil wants to Take people to hell..Be Warned / Police Arrest Pastor That Impregnates Married Women & Young Girls 'in God's Name / Comforting Lies Or Bitter Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.