Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: (20455 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by tohero(m): 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
[size=30pt]God knows those that are worshipping him.[/size]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Am just going to drop a few comment true Christians believe jesus christ and God's word the bible. The bible is a guideline for Christians to follow. So JW only believe what recorded in be bible they try to follow christ footstep. They have there doctrine which they believe in which in also backed up in the bible. For example hell fire if u read the bible every well there is no verse record hell fire what's is recorded is suffer of Lake of fire revelation 20 vs 10 to 15 remember how sodom and gomorrah was destroy it's rain suffer of Lake of fire. Therefore the word hell fire is not in any verse in the bible so how would they believe in it. Also the.bible record that jesus (act 2 vs 27 to 31) went to hell if jesus a saint why did he go to tell. Inside hell simply means grave sheol or hades they all refer to grave those are Hebrew nd Greek words for hell. So u see why they don't believe in hell fire
Why did Christ go yo hell?
God turned his back on him.
Mathew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (ESV)
In this unique and strange miracle, Jesus was crying out in anguish because of the separation He now experienced from His heavenly Father for the first and only time in all of eternity. It is the only time of which we have record that Jesus did not address God as Father. Because the Son had taken sin upon Himself, the Father turned His back. That mystery is so great and imponderable that it is not surprising that Martin Luther is said to have gone into seclusion for a long time trying to understand it and came away as confused as when he began. In some way and by some means, in the secrets of divine sovereignty and omnipotence, the God-Man was separated from God for a brief time at Calvary, as the furious wrath of the Father was poured out on the sinless Son, who in matchless grace became sin for those who believe in Him.

Why did God turn his back on Christ? Sin Seperates us from God
Isaiah 59:2 But your ainiquities have made a separation between you and your God,
And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear

AND
Since Christ became Sin:
2 Corinthians 5:21
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become athe righteousness of God in Him.

He was seperated from God and went to hell where he defeated the devil.

The bible did make it clear that the second death is hell Fire
HERE
Revelation 21:8 ESV
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

AND HERE
Matthew 25:41 ESV

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Try to read the Bible wholely and not selectively just to suit what you want to believe. The Bible is complete!!!!!
Also try to read the bible with the help of the Holy spirit for interpretation (That's why he was sent. To teach us all things and show us all the way). Look beyond what the paper and ink says.
PEACE!!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
bastien: yeah boss,a true one by birth grin
the tru Jewish brodas by birth..send me a request on fbk..Smith iceboxberry..no argue wit them oo
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Caspian22(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Some sense, but yet what seem to be most of the HABITS OF THE EARLY ChRISTIANS that only JW hold?

first of all the early christians wer d post jesus era... D tym after jesus' death,, after 33 C.E sum ov the tins we do re:
We preach from door to door
We have older men wo oversea decisions in the congregatn
We don't tax our fellow belivers instead we collect wateva dy hav 2 giv.
We don't celebrate celebrations dat wer peculiar 2 d romans
Above all We hav love among ourselv j)ohn 13:35)
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by HUSH2(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
See how religion has turned otherwise sensible & intellectual individuals into religious bigots. You leave those of your forefathers which has been in existence for hundreds of years has been neglected for those that was handed down by imperialists and we are here shouting and laying claim to which denomination in the christian faith is better. We had better get our heads our of nether regions and diversify our energies into something more practical and more progressive, and remove the so called spiritual blindfold that we have all self-tied over our collective eyes. I say no more
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by onose1(f): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
caukerzee: Why did Christ go yo hell?
Mathew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (ESV)
In this unique and strange miracle, Jesus was crying out in anguish because of the separation He now experienced from His heavenly Father for the first and only time in all of eternity. It is the only time of which we have record that Jesus did not address God as Father. Because the Son had taken sin upon Himself, the Father turned His back. That mystery is so great and imponderable that it is not surprising that Martin Luther is said to have gone into seclusion for a long time trying to understand it and came away as confused as when he began. In some way and by some means, in the secrets of divine sovereignty and omnipotence, the God-Man was separated from God for a brief time at Calvary, as the furious wrath of the Father was poured out on the sinless Son, who in matchless grace became sin for those who believe in Him.

Isaiah 59:2 But your ainiquities have made a separation between you and your God,

AND
Since Christ became Sin:
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become athe righteousness of God in Him.

HERE
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

AND HERE

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Try to read the Bible wholely and not selectively just to suit what you want to believe. The Bible is complete!!!!!
Also try to read the bible with the help of the Holy spirit for interpretation (That's why he was sent. To teach us all things and show us all the way). Look beyond what the paper and ink says.
PEACE!!!
tell them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by mrakin(m): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
I don't like going into argument with anybody, we are all free to believe whatever we choose to believe. The truth:
1 God is the father of Christ
2 Christ is our saviour and the king of God's kingdom
3 All our prayers must be through the name of CHRIST but our prayer is directed to GOD.
4 we need to avoid the works of the flesh
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by TRUCKMAN: 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
I love those people very much...they are simple .
their teaching is on point.
TheIr watchtower is very lovly
and their AWAKE IS VERY CAPTIVATING .
the book, QUESTION YOUNG PEOPLE ASK. ANSWERS THAT WORK is fantastic.
i ve also watched their FILM titled YOUTHS WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE... TRY IT....

we all maY NOT BELIEVE all their teachings but with careful examination using our own copy of the
bible coupled with open mind,i think it will help to understand them very well .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by idlaw2k3(m): 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
caukerzee: Galatians 3:15-21
The Law and the Promise
15 Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ. 17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promerise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Tithing was not under the law. It came before the law. Every command and promise made before law (The law which came 430 years after the promise), still stands.

In the first place where tithing comes up in the bible, Abraham voluntarily gave a tent of what he recovered from the nations he defeated to Melchizedek, he was not compelled to do so. Gen 14Vs20 Tithing was not a command before the law.

Animal Sacrifices also Came Before the law, Abel offered sacrifices of sheep and also Noah

Gen14vs20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Voluntarily

Gen28vs20-22 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Voluntarily

That is why Paul wrote here at
2 Corinthians 9 6-7:

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly ( 10%) shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully (20% and above
) shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity ( tithe): for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Heb 7 vs12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

God does not need tithe. It is the Pastors that need it that is why they preach it. Let them also preach animal sacrifice.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Aboudaiby: 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
harbiola1:

I'm not a christian but i can correctly assess u here.

Lol, pastor who wouldn't want his church to ruin. He quote Old covenant to to rob. You're a cheat!

All pastors that use Old covenant in church are thieves.

You are also a Roman Pagan follower not Jesus.

Lol, Pastor wey sabi real and fake Jesus.

Unless ur righteousness exceed that of Pharisees u're in...
am nt christain buh can assess u? Confused dude where u blong, to gen Mo?.. Pastor who qoute old covenant are thieves? Didn't Christ told to give 'ceasar ceaser's n God what blong to Him', Isn't O.T part of d bible or didn't d coming of Messiah prophecized there, are do we know d deeds n sign of d coming Messiah?.. Roman pagan follower? Aren't u ashamed wen respected muslim historian Reza Aslan told Al jazeera tv prog 'Stream' that 'quran stance on Christ crucifixtion cannot b proven historically n archaelogical work that it lies' while answering a muslim question, u think quran told abt real christ or gen Mo imagination..don't b suprised by JW write up since they blives their saviour is Angel Michael, shm
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2013

AND
Since Christ became Sin:

HERE

AND HERE

PEACE!!!

I believe you know that the bible instruct true christian not to add or abstract. Act 2 jesus christ was asking is father not to forget him in sheol. That's verse didn't mention that christ fought with the devil when he died the bible recorded that christ resurrected the 3rd day or simply quote a verse were it's was writing that when jesus died he fought with the devil and also let me make some clear to u the book of revelation for tell what's Will happen now and In future. So what's is writing in the book of revelation didn't happen I christ time instead it will happen in our time or in future so stop mis. Quoting the bible ok
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by carl07(m): 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
They are the christians and there cant be another cos its not political party.Others just fulfil the biblical prophesies of going for what tickles their ears.Its always disturbing to believe they are the narrow way but our conscience does tell us.People were called christians cos they lived like Christ and we can all read about Christ's life from the bible no matter how distorted to mislead the willing masses.To hate them is fulfilling gospel truth.Jehovah will not lie.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Ayatullah(m): 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T: The moment u start seeing a particular sect as the only way to salvation, u have missed it n on the high way to destruction.

For salvation is found in no other, for there is no other name given unto man by which we might be saved, save Jesus!

So what becomes of Adam, Abraham and Moses salvation who never met Jesus and never call on his name to be saved?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2013

AND
Since Christ became Sin:

HERE

AND HERE

PEACE!!!
[quote author=caukerzee] [b ]Why did Christ go yo hell?[/b]

AND
Since Christ became Sin:

HERE

AND HERE

PEACE!!!

Let me u correct about Mathew 27 vs 46 first God didn't forsake jesus christ, i would prove to you that's jesus christ know that he was going to be killed first read Mathew 26 vs 1 nd 2 that's bible verse made it clear that 2day from now christ would be killed.

Point 2 Mathew 26 vs 20 to 25 christ told judas that's he would betray him

point 3 jesus christ told peter that he would denied him 3 times Mathew 26 vs 34 nd 35

Point 4 act 26 vs 38 nd 39 jesus prayed and told is father saying my father if it is possible let this cup pass aways from me yet not as I will but as you will.
Inclusion christ known that he was going to die for us and he also know that it was God will for him to died for us. So if christ knew that he was going to be killed how did GOD for stake him after all in act 2 vs 27 to 31 christ told God not to forget him in sheol and God did just that christ resurrected the 3rd day.

God turn is back on christ why then did Christ resurrect d 3rd also u say christ sin that very funny were did the bible mention christ sin let me make something clear to u adam nd eve were created perfect and then they sinned against God so they lost that perfect state therefore a perfect man was purpose to died for mankind so they could regain that perfect state that's was why jesus christ come and die for mankind he open the way for not only Jews gentle to worship God but for all nation to have that's same privilege like isrealite to worship to GoD
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by aywhy93(m): 11:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Tittos: 1)They are not the only people that preach.
2)Christ did not also instruct us to urinate, and you do those. Does that mean you are a sinner.
3)They do have elders and they regard them as elders,they are the only ones that are allowed to preach during their worship or bible class and they make the important decisions of the church. So is that not segregation or title. Don't forget that during the time of Jesus, there was also hierarchy and they were chief priests who were only allowed to lead the temple prayers. Jesus never spoke against that fact neither did he instruct that they should no longer be anyone who will lead the prayers..

Next time, Its good to be very sure of what you want to say before saying it.. All your 3 points are completely wrong.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by 2derfultony: 12:06am On Dec 11, 2013
Well, I've read most comments here on this particular topic. The Jehovah's witness or anyother church doesn't and can't save anybody only Believing in Jesus Christ can save a man.
It is clearly unproductive to criticize, judge and abuse other Christians simply because they don't see things exactly the way you see them from the Bible.
Instead we should encourage others to continually run the race that is set before Us.
Finally, this topic shouldn't have even been created in the first place at all.
God Loves You.
Remain Blessed
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 12:20am On Dec 11, 2013
aywhy93:

Next time, Its good to be very sure of what you want to say before saying it.. All your 3 points are completely wrong.

Guy about the chief priest and high priest read Mathew 26 vs 3 nd 4
Mathew chapter 23 verse 1 to end
Mathew 26 vs 59 to 65 I think. U would have a change of mind both the chief priest high priest pharisees ploted to kill christ
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by bastien: 4:30am On Dec 11, 2013
smith_sydny: the tru Jewish brodas by birth..send me a request on fbk..Smith iceboxberry..no argue wit them oo
ok sir
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by god2baski(m): 6:02am On Dec 11, 2013
harbiola1:

Is it only tithing that Abraham established?

What happened to others which so called mainstream christians wouldn't want to hear?

Lol, ignored as usual. grin
what other things?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by ciano1: 6:09am On Dec 11, 2013
mrakin: JW do not go about telling people they are the best or the only true religion.
1. we strive hard to follow God's word, the bible.
2. we live a simple and focussed life
3. we preach the goodnews of God's kingdom
4. we don't force people or condemn them
5. we are not perfect as individuals. some of us misbehave and are usually disciplined if the matter is serious and it is made manifest
6. We train ourselves to have a good conscience and to live a Godly life.
7. JW are not drunkards but we know the bible did not condemn drinking in moderation. Personally, I don't drink.
8.note that not all who attend our meetings are JW,
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Acidosis(m): 7:39am On Dec 11, 2013
ndidibabe: Pls can you tell the meaning of Hell fire? The word 'hell fire' is not even in the Bible. Hell is a place where the dead ones are kept before Judgment. Only God knows where all these fake pastors got the fire in front of it. Don't be decieved, there isn't anything like Hell fire. Only God knows how he is going to Judge the wicked ones.

Have you ever come across the statement - "lake of fire" in your bible?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:39am On Dec 11, 2013
emmahoney: The fact remains fact, no church on the planet earth practices bible 100percent!! The truth has been told. If you like quote me, if you like don't. Only God is impeccable. So stop the noise, we are all living by grace. If God is to judge the world based on 100percent scale, no one is worthy. All churches tend to be using bible but they coined different doctrines for themselves, why? Please and please do what is right to the best of your knowledge and stop being judgemental. The truth has been told!! The jehoval witness people have some truth in their teachings but not absolute right. Likewise some other denominations. I rest my case, brethren be wise.

I really don't understand when you say teaching the bible 100 percent sound funny. The bible have guideline for Christians to follow JW follow what written in the bible they don't do other wise the only thing JW celebrate is the passover which christ celebrated with is 11 disciples Christmas nd the rest re not recorded in.the bible they re originated with pegan worship so when u say 100 percent I believe u know which group adhere to the bible truth
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Acidosis:

Have you ever come across the statement - "lake of fire" in your bible?

Did suffer of Lake of fire mean hell fire remember act 2 vs 27 nd 30 that verse mention were jesus told is father not to forget him in sheol or hell so if jesus went to hell does it mean he went to hell fire no its simply mean jesus died and was buried in a tomb were he resurrected in the 3day. Also rember hw sodom nd gomorrah was destroy it rain from heaven suffer of Lake of fire. And also there is no record of hell fire in the bible
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by UFOdioh: 8:48am On Dec 11, 2013
EVERYTHING OF THE OLD CREATION HAVING BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST
We have said many times that we have to follow the Lord to take the way of the cross. But what does this mean? This means that we must receive the breaking of the cross. What is the meaning of the cross? The Bible shows us that when the Lord was hanged on the cross, He was crucified with the human body which He had put on. In God’s eyes, when He was crucified, all those who belong to Him were also crucified with Him (Gal. 2:20; Rom. 6:6). If you ask a Jew, “Who was crucified?” he would say, “A Nazarene, the son of a carpenter.” If you ask a Gentile, “Who was crucified?” he would say, “A man of universal love was sacrificed on the cross.” If you ask a Christian, “Who was crucified?” he would say, “My Savior.” This is the reply of a newly saved one. An advanced Christian, however, would say, “My Savior and I. I was crucified with my Savior.” Moreover, all things apart from God—the soulish things, the sinful things, all the created things, and everything of the old creation—were crucified with Christ.

Genesis 6 is the story of Noah building the ark. The ark’s passing through the flood signifies our passing through death. However, it was not that Noah simply passed through the flood but that Noah was in the ark, and when the ark passed through the flood, Noah and his whole household also passed through the flood. From God’s perspective, we have already died on the cross. Everyone who belongs to the Lord has already been crucified with Christ. This is a fact, not a doctrine. In God’s eyes, you and I are already dead, already finished. The cross has done the terminating work. For us to have such an experience, however, we need light and revelation. We need light, vision, and seeing in order to experience Christ as our life within; in like manner, we also need light, vision, and seeing in order to experience our co-crucifixion with Christ. May God have mercy on us to show us not only that Christ is our life but also that we have already been crucified with Him. To be terminated is an attitude, not a mere doctrine. This requires light and revelation.

The cross is first a fact, then a revelation, and finally an experience. We have already heard the word of the cross, but we still need the light to reveal to us its reality. After we see it, we will joyfully say, “O Lord, I praise You. That which I never saw, I now see. I have already died on the cross. What a rest! What a release! What a deliverance!” On the one hand, death is not a good thing, but on the other hand, death is very wonderful. Once we die, all the burdens of our lifetime are swept away; hence, one death solves all problems. Some people may exhort us to crucify ourselves. However, who can crucify himself? It is impossible to crucify yourself. The crucifixion of the Lord Jesus was God’s work and was under God’s ruling. God gathered the Romans, the Jews, and the Greeks, and He crucified the Lord Jesus through those who were against God. Jesus the Nazarene did not crucify Himself; rather, He was crucified under the sovereign arrangement of God.

Due to the fact that it is impossible for a person to crucify himself, God gives man the light concerning the cross, showing him first the fact of the cross, then the revelation of the cross, and finally the experience of the cross. What is the experience of the cross? It is when our faithful God arranges our circumstances to prepare the cross for us in our daily living. Our family, our physical body, and all of the people, events, and things around us coordinate together to become the cross that works in us in order to break us. Hence, after we have seen the fact of the cross, we have to be prepared, because God’s hand will come in to do the breaking and smiting work in us.

CHRIST AND HIS CROSS ISSUING IN LIFE AND THE WAY OF LIFE
For those who love the Lord and are pursuing the Lord, herein lies the way to follow the Lord. According to God’s view, we are already on the cross. Today God is speaking such a word to us. The day will come—perhaps today, tomorrow, in a year, or in ten years—when we will be willing to receive the breaking of the cross. We will be willing to allow God’s hand to arrange our circumstances to carry out the breaking work in us so that we may have scars and wounds in us for Christ’s life to flow out through us. Therefore, everyone who is willing to receive the cross is graced and blessed. He is also a channel of living water through which Christ may flow. Such a one, just as Paul said, does not know anything among the saints except Jesus Christ, and this One crucified. Without Christ, there is no life; without the cross, there is no way. Christ and His cross issue in life and the way of life for God to flow out of us.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by g4general: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2013
let us(christian all over d world)try to b one because we worship one GOD through JESUS CHRIST anything outside this is stupidity,selfishness,illiteracy,wickedness etc:..y?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Emusan(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2013
mrakin: I don't like going into argument with anybody, we are all free to believe whatever we choose to believe.

I don't like it too but something like this your post always resorted to it.

The truth:
1 God is the father of Christ

Simple question, how did God begath Jesus?

Christ is our saviour and the king of God's kingdom

God and Jesus has the same throne

3 All our prayers must be through the name of CHRIST but our prayer is directed to GOD.

Correct! But Jesus answers prayer too

4 we need to avoid the works of the flesh

100% correct.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by jakedes(m): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2013
rudedough:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You need to see how i'm laughing at your folly.

Who told you that God gave us the air we breathe? From which pipeline is he supplying the air to us?

The same God that worked for only 6 days and rested on the 7th day, grin grin now has all the strength to produce and supply us air everyday.

You're still day dreaming.

Menh dude i advise u tk it easy with they way u approach and see things....i hv bin following up ur comments ..@first i thought its all a joke...though i still see it as a joke...bt bro seriously you shuld not joke with such things...but if u'r 4 real...then i take it you don't knw God or you are yet to believe in him(he gave you life 4 free bro so please do not b ignorant..i am sorry if dt word hurts even...the devil will be more furious if u dnt appreciate him afta granting u ur plea if u go to him )..but our God is merciful...no body in this world is perfect.we use the word christian...which means christ-like(a way of life not a religion) because we want to be like christ but it is not easy..
I can't refer u to go read the bible cuz frm what u have bin commenting...you have seen and opend the bible b4...all i pray iz you encounter God like saul did to change 4 real...hv a rethink...then i believe u hv serve n profess God's goodness every where u go...just imagin wen u worship n profess God with this level of ginger u'hv gat...(the level of ginger we c as bin ignorant)....one luv
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2013
jakedes:

Menh dude i advise u tk it easy with they way u approach and see things....i hv bin following up ur comments ..@first i thought its all a joke...though i still see it as a joke...bt bro seriously you shuld not joke with such things...but if u'r 4 real...then i take it you don't knw God or you are yet to believe in him(he gave you life 4 free bro so please do not b ignorant..i am sorry if dt word hurts even...the devil will be more furious if u dnt appreciate him afta granting u ur plea if u go to him )..but our God is merciful...no body in this world is perfect.we use the word christian...which means christ-like(a way of life not a religion) because we want to be like christ but it is not easy..
I can't refer u to go read the bible cuz frm what u have bin commenting...you have seen and opend the bible b4...all i pray iz you encounter God like saul did to change 4 real...hv a rethink...then i believe u hv serve n profess God's goodness every where u go...just imagin wen u worship n profess God with this level of ginger u'hv gat...(the level of ginger we c as bin ignorant)....one luv

You should be careful when you present you God to the public.

God is good and merciful? Really?

That kneegar killed 25,000,000 people including men women and "Children".

He sanctioned ra.pe, murder, slavery, torture, looting, child abuse, homosexuality etc.

He killed innocent children who didn't pose any threat to him.

He killed a good Samaritan for doing good.

He demands and accept human sacrifices.

Just to mention a few... If you still think that that kneegar is good and merciful, i doubt if you've read your bible.

Maybe you've only been reading where Jesus turned water to wine and how he walked on water and how the fish swallowed Jonah. Read your bible Bro. Read it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by emezieokonkwo: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2013
Kwakayekaa, it seems you are very ignorant of what makes a person a good christian.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 10:12am On Dec 11, 2013
idlaw2k3:

In the first place where tithing comes up in the bible, Abraham voluntarily gave a tent of what he recovered from the nations he defeated to Melchizedek, he was not compelled to do so. Gen 14Vs20 Tithing was not a command before the law.

Animal Sacrifices also Came Before the law, Abel offered sacrifices of sheep and also Noah

Gen14vs20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Voluntarily

Gen28vs20-22 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Voluntarily

That is why Paul wrote here at
2 Corinthians 9 6-7:

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly ( 10%) shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully (20% and above[/i]) shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity ( tithe): for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Heb 7 vs12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

God does not need tithe. It is the Pastors that need it that is why they preach it. Let them also preach animal sacrifice.
Matthew 5:17-18
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

I think part of the difficulty comes as a bit of confusion as to what is meant by the law and its application.

When the law was introduced, it was never intended to be the instrument by which man would save himself, but it was the instrument through which man was to be saved. In a very real sense, man is saved through the fulfilment (keeping) of the law. When Christ fulfilled the law, he earned the privilege of life. Those who are in Christ, likewise, share in his righteousness and are delcared righteous right along side him. In that sense, the law has always stood and and will continue to stand.

That being said, though, it's important to realize that we basically choose whether the law applies to us individually or not -- through grace, we can choose to be in Christ, or we can choose to stand on our own merits when we're judged. In that sense, too, the law still stands.

Paul talks a good deal about this in the book of Romans, and the whole book gives a much more complete (and competent smiley ) version of an explanation that I'm about to...

I think it's important to realize the role of the law. I'm going to jump arount a bit, but if we start with Romans 7:7-12, I think we can make a little more sense of this (emphasis mine):

Romans 7:7What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, "You shall not covet." 8But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead. 9I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. 10The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. 11For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. 12So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

There's a certain bit of irony when the law is introduced to human nature. Being rebellious and sinful that we are, we latch on to the specifics as a means to found outlet for our repressed frustrated rebellions. The law was never meant to save man, but rather was a contrast between the holiness of God and the depravity of man. The law offered life through its fulfilment and death through its violation. This is a subtle but significant key, I think we somehow overlook when discussing grace, as this seems to be exactly how Jesus came to be our savior offering us hope for life...He earned that right by fulfiling the law.

That being said, there's still hope for us wretched sinners:

Romans 7:4Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. 5For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. 6But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
Looking at the block starting with v.7 we see that the law is not bad (in fact it's good) just because we use it as a springboard for badness. The law is good, and it's been fulfilled by Christ. He was the one who fulfilled it; not us.

When we look on the Romams 8, Paul clarifies a bit more (Emphasis mine):

Romans 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

The righteous requirement of the law has been fulfilled in us (those who are in Christ Jesus) by virutue of us being in Christ. The law has been fulfilled, there is, therefore no condemnation for those who are clothed with Christ's righteousness, but we should remember that those who live according to the spirit set their minds on spiritual things and will see to live in accordance with God's moral law. Romans 6:15 reminds us of this, but note, (Paul does suggest again that we're not under the law, per se):

Romans 6:15What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

With his blood, Jesus purchased us from death. Jesus was the fulfilment of the law; not us. Because of that, we are bound as slaves of righteousness. We're not going to fulfill the law in our own lives, and we're not expected to; but lest we use this as an excuse to sin without rein, we are supposed to set our sights on righteousness out of gratitude and duty to our Savior. Those who understand the Gospel (the goodness of God, the wickedness of sin, the graciousness of God to provide a savior) will, naturally seek to please the God who save them and whom they serve, and the best way we can know what this is it to look to the law He's given us.

When Jesus came to fulfil the law (i.e. obedience leads to life; disobedience leads to death) he did just that. Notice He didn't say, that old law's no good, don't worry about it (i.e. abolish it); what he did, instead, was to come saying the law is good, and he is the fulfulment of it.

Why we do not do blood sacrifices is because the Blood of Christ shed on the cross covered us all.

The comming of Christ did not make the old testament invalid.
[/color]Galatians 3:21,22. |21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by oshorlabyC(m): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2013
All I know is that,for a religion to have so much bias notions and so much difference in believe,it shouldn't be regarded as being the "Ideal religion". Islam is the only religion perfected by Allah. Alhamdulillahi,I'm a muslim
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

I believe you know that the bible instruct true christian not to add or abstract. Act 2 jesus christ was asking is father not to forget him in sheol. That's verse didn't mention that christ fought with the devil when he died the bible recorded that christ resurrected the 3rd day or simply quote a verse were it's was writing that when jesus died he fought with the devil and also let me make some clear to u the book of revelation for tell what's Will happen now and In future. So what's is writing in the book of revelation didn't happen I christ time instead it will happen in our time or in future so stop mis. Quoting the bible ok
Peter refared to to it twice
HERE
Jesus went to hell with the damned-- Acts 2:31 quotes David from Psalm 16:10 saying “He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in HELL, neither His flesh did see corruption.”
AND HERE
Second Peter 2:4 says, “For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, [Greek for hell is Tartarus] putting them in chains of darkness [literally gloomy dungeons] to be held for judgment.”
Peter intentionally uses the Greek word for hell in verse 4, Tartarus, which in Greek mythology is a place lower than Hades itself and is reserved for the most despicable and evil of all human beings, god, and demons.  Peter was emphasizing that this was the worst place in all of God’s creation of eternal torment and suffering (MacArthur’s Study Bible, p 1905).  The Jews used this term as the abode of the lowest of the low – the deepest pit there was.  The demons that were there then and must by necessity be there now, had to have been the most evil of all fallen angels. Even the demons begged and pleaded with Jesus not to cast them into the abyss when instead Jesus allowed them to go into the swine in Luke 8:31.  Jesus went down to hell to proclaim His victory but did not go there to suffer because, in reality, Calvary was a living hell in itself, since hell is the absolute absence of God and Jesus was for a time separated from the Father.  He went in spirit to hell to proclaim His victory over evil and His conquering of the grave too.  This seems to fit the meaning of the verses in 1 Peter 3:18-20.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie Celebrates His 54th Birthday / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.