Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: (20456 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2013
Ayatullah:

So what becomes of Adam, Abraham and Moses salvation who never met Jesus and never call on his name to be saved?
Christ redeemed their souls. 1 Peter 3:18-20 18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water (ESV)
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009:
I never said Christ sinned. I said Christ became sin.
2 Corinthians 5: 21{with my emphasis} He that knew no sin {clearly states that Christ never sinned and was blameless} was made sin by God, so that we may become the righteousness of God in Christ.
Christ knew no sin but was made sin.
AND
Isaiah 59:2 SAYS "It's your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore."
So when Christ became sin, He was seperated from God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

Did suffer of Lake of fire mean hell fire remember act 2 vs 27 nd 30 that verse mention were jesus told is father not to forget him in sheol or hell so if jesus went to hell does it mean he went to hell fire no its simply mean jesus died and was buried in a tomb were he resurrected in the 3day. Also rember hw sodom nd gomorrah was destroy it rain from heaven suffer of Lake of fire. And also there is no record of hell fire in the bible
Jesus said this in Mat 5:22
22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool! ’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
(ESV)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by terrifiesme(m): 11:30am On Dec 11, 2013
Different translations, different doctrines... Christainity is from d heart n God knows those who does serve n willing to do his will. And that's why we are saved by Grace. And live by it. Without Grace no one will make it. And he has made it available to all. So we are all under Grace. For God is gracious n he ll be d final judge.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2013
UFO dioh: EVERYTHING OF THE OLD CREATION HAVING BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST
We have said many times that we have to follow the Lord to take the way of the cross. But what does this mean? This means that we must receive the breaking of the cross. What is the meaning of the cross? The Bible shows us that when the Lord was hanged on the cross, He was crucified with the human body which He had put on. In God’s eyes, when He was crucified, all those who belong to Him were also crucified with Him (Gal. 2:20; Rom. 6:6). If you ask a Jew, “Who was crucified?” he would say, “A Nazarene, the son of a carpenter.” If you ask a Gentile, “Who was crucified?” he would say, “A man of universal love was sacrificed on the cross.” If you ask a Christian, “Who was crucified?” he would say, “My Savior.” This is the reply of a newly saved one. An advanced Christian, however, would say, “My Savior and I. I was crucified with my Savior.” Moreover, all things apart from God—the soulish things, the sinful things, all the created things, and everything of the old creation—were crucified with Christ.

Genesis 6 is the story of Noah building the ark. The ark’s passing through the flood signifies our passing through death. However, it was not that Noah simply passed through the flood but that Noah was in the ark, and when the ark passed through the flood, Noah and his whole household also passed through the flood. From God’s perspective, we have already died on the cross. Everyone who belongs to the Lord has already been crucified with Christ. This is a fact, not a doctrine. In God’s eyes, you and I are already dead, already finished. The cross has done the terminating work. For us to have such an experience, however, we need light and revelation. We need light, vision, and seeing in order to experience Christ as our life within; in like manner, we also need light, vision, and seeing in order to experience our co-crucifixion with Christ. May God have mercy on us to show us not only that Christ is our life but also that we have already been crucified with Him. To be terminated is an attitude, not a mere doctrine. This requires light and revelation.

The cross is first a fact, then a revelation, and finally an experience. We have already heard the word of the cross, but we still need the light to reveal to us its reality. After we see it, we will joyfully say, “O Lord, I praise You. That which I never saw, I now see. I have already died on the cross. What a rest! What a release! What a deliverance!” On the one hand, death is not a good thing, but on the other hand, death is very wonderful. Once we die, all the burdens of our lifetime are swept away; hence, one death solves all problems. Some people may exhort us to crucify ourselves. However, who can crucify himself? It is impossible to crucify yourself. The crucifixion of the Lord Jesus was God’s work and was under God’s ruling. God gathered the Romans, the Jews, and the Greeks, and He crucified the Lord Jesus through those who were against God. Jesus the Nazarene did not crucify Himself; rather, He was crucified under the sovereign arrangement of God.

Due to the fact that it is impossible for a person to crucify himself, God gives man the light concerning the cross, showing him first the fact of the cross, then the revelation of the cross, and finally the experience of the cross. What is the experience of the cross? It is when our faithful God arranges our circumstances to prepare the cross for us in our daily living. Our family, our physical body, and all of the people, events, and things around us coordinate together to become the cross that works in us in order to break us. Hence, after we have seen the fact of the cross, we have to be prepared, because God’s hand will come in to do the breaking and smiting work in us.

CHRIST AND HIS CROSS ISSUING IN LIFE AND THE WAY OF LIFE
For those who love the Lord and are pursuing the Lord, herein lies the way to follow the Lord. According to God’s view, we are already on the cross. Today God is speaking such a word to us. The day will come—perhaps today, tomorrow, in a year, or in ten years—when we will be willing to receive the breaking of the cross. We will be willing to allow God’s hand to arrange our circumstances to carry out the breaking work in us so that we may have scars and wounds in us for Christ’s life to flow out through us. Therefore, everyone who is willing to receive the cross is graced and blessed. He is also a channel of living water through which Christ may flow. Such a one, just as Paul said, does not know anything among the saints except Jesus Christ, and this One crucified. Without Christ, there is no life; without the cross, there is no way. Christ and His cross issue in life and the way of life for God to flow out of us.

Jesus said this him self in Mat 5:17-18
Christ Came to Fulfill the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
(ESV)

ALSO, Paul had this to say in Gal 3:21
21 Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law.
(ESV)
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Ade345(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jehovah's Withnesses as a group are really a very organised religion. They know the exact number of members that they have worldwide,they humbly go from door to door to preach God's message, and they are good neighbours to live with. They seem to be the true followers of Christ.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Acidosis(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

Did suffer of Lake of fire mean hell fire remember act 2 vs 27 nd 30 that verse mention were jesus told is father not to forget him in sheol or hell so if jesus went to hell does it mean he went to hell fire no its simply mean jesus died and was buried in a tomb were he resurrected in the 3day. Also rember hw sodom nd gomorrah was destroy it rain from heaven suffer of Lake of fire. And also there is no record of hell fire in the bible

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be.tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Finally
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
2 Timothy 4:3-4
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by ThonyTega(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
faakay:

Have attended their church once and I like it... it was just simple and cool....

Have met some members and they practice what they preach! Have seen real life scenarios!

I read their magazines always whenever I'm opportuned and they say always the truth! I mean meaningful facts and common sense!
You get church? Pagan!

But I don't quite agree with all their preaching but I'm 70% convinced with their doctrine!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by badesco(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
kwakayekaa: 1. Jesus instructed his followers to preach the gospel--> Unlike other churches who oly broadcast on TV or have their member go in packs on the streets distributing church invites, jehovahs witnesses are the only group of christians who still patiently o from house to house teaching people

2. Celebration of pagan holidays- christs' date of birth is not recorded in the bible, and he never instructed that we help him celebrate it, amongst many other pagan holidays.. And jehovahs witnesses are he only people who dont celebrate these pagan holidays.

3. Non-request or tithe- jehovahs witnesses dont ask their members for tithe, instead they donate undisclosed amount out of freewill.

non-segregation of members- unlike most churches where the big men sit on comfy chairs while ordinary members sit on plastic chairs or where titles such as most. reverend, senior pastor, his holiness, and many others.. jehovahs witnesses either adress each other by name or add the prefix brother or sister.

Your purported facts are without substance. To me J W are not Christians but another religion entirely.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Acidosis:

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be.tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Finally

2 Timothy 4:3-4
Is good u quote those verse i.guess u didn't see hell fire the bible only mention sulphur of Lake of fire ask ur self if u re put into a fire would ur body remind d same or if sulphur is poured on ur body would u remain the same there if both d devil death would be thrown into the lake of fire don't u.know it is total destruction have u seen a house that is involve in a fire incident or a human been that is been involve in a fire accident does that person remain the same.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
caukerzee: Jesus said this in Mat 5:22
22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool! ’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
(ESV)

Check other version of other bible like king James version nd the rest the compare with your own bible u.would see that it says different thing
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
caukerzee: I never said Christ sinned. I said Christ became sin.
2 Corinthians 5: 21{with my emphasis} He that knew no sin {clearly states that Christ never sinned and was blameless} was made sin by God, so that we may become the righteousness of God in Christ.
Christ knew no sin but was made sin.
AND
Isaiah 59:2 SAYS "It's your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore."
So when Christ became sin, He was seperated from God.

Define the word sin and ask ur self how will christ become sin very funny Isaiah 59 vs 2 is referring to the nation of isreal not christ
2 corinthians. 5 vs 21 did not really say christ sin read that verse very well he was made sin for us to become righteous in God's. It's does not mean christ sin rember her first patents sin against God someone had to dies on.pur behave for us to be safe therefore when Christ come to die for us he was made sin for us to be righteous
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009:
Is good u quote those verse i.guess u didn't see hell fire the bible only mention sulphur of Lake of fire ask ur self if u re put into a fire would ur body remind d same or if sulphur is poured on ur body would u remain the same there if both d devil death would be thrown into the lake of fire don't u.know it is total destruction have u seen a house that is involve in a fire incident or a human been that is been involve in a fire accident does that person remain the same.
LOL...your spirit (it you do not live right) is what will suffer judgement. The spirit cannot die so it will suffer eternal torment and fire (also known as the second death).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by jakedes(m): 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
rudedough:

You should be careful when you present you God to the public.

God is good and merciful? Really?

That kneegar killed 25,000,000 people including men women and "Children".

He sanctioned ra.pe, murder, slavery, torture, looting, child abuse, homosexuality etc.

He killed innocent children who didn't pose any threat to him.

He killed a good Samaritan for doing good.

He demands and accept human sacrifices.

Just to mention a few... If you still think that that kneegar is good and merciful, i doubt if you've read your bible.

Maybe you've only been reading where Jesus turned water to wine and how he walked on water and how the fish swallowed Jonah. Read your bible Bro. Read it.

woooooooh...dude dnt bring it harsh on me....i only gv u an advise...but come to think it cuz i c u gat unsettled beef with God..the creator of u n i...jst wana knw...whatz ur beef with God?...God never accepts human sacrifice...dn't knw wia u heard or read that 4rm..bt if its was the case of isaac n his father abraham...then u got it wrng...cuz that was a taste of faith...God never killed any samaritan 4 doing good...please can u tell wia u read that 4rm...also 4rm ur words...."He sanctioned ra.pe, murder, slavery, torture, looting, child abuse, homosexuality etc"...should God approve these acts?...are these act moral and nice to u?...
But if i should ask...what do you believe in?...what being do you believe in?...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
jakedes:

woooooooh...dude dnt bring it harsh on me....i only gv u an advise...but come to think it cuz i c u gat unsettled beef with God..the creator of u n i...jst wana knw...whatz ur beef with God?...God never accepts human sacrifice...dn't knw wia u heard or read that 4rm..bt if its was the case of isaac n his father abraham...then u got it wrng...cuz that was a taste of faith...God never killed any samaritan 4 doing good...please can u tell wia u read that 4rm...also 4rm ur words...."He sanctioned ra.pe, murder, slavery, torture, looting, child abuse, homosexuality etc"...should God approve these acts?...are these act moral and nice to u?...
But if i should ask...what do you believe in?...what being do you believe in?...

Don't say much. You obviously haven't read your bible and your Pastor don't read these part of the bible in Church. I have read the bible from the 1st to the last page many times and i can tell you categorically that God committed all these crimes and i am not talking about Abraham and Isaac.

God demands and accepts human sacrifices. He killed a good Samaritan for doing good. He killed innocent Children for stu.pid reasons. Your "Good" God killed 25,000,000+ people while the "Bad" devil killed only 10 people on God's instruction. Believe me, i can show you all these in your bible but do you have the stomach for the unpalatable truth?

I'm requesting your authorization to proceed. cool
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

Define the word sin and ask ur self how will christ become sin very funny Isaiah 59 vs 2 is referring to the nation of isreal not christ
2 corinthians. 5 vs 21 did not really say christ sin read that verse very well he was made sin for us to become righteous in God's. It's does not mean christ sin rember her first patents sin against God someone had to dieson.pur behave for us to be safe therefore when Christ come to die for us he was made sin for us to be righteous
I do not want to insult you for obvious reasons. Why is your heart so hardened?? Not ready to learn just because it clearly proofs your believe wrong. Unto the next anyway...

Again, I didn't say Christ sinned, but HE WAS MADE SIN FOR our Salvation. He was the only sinless Human worthy to pay the price of salvation.
Heb 5:7-10
7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. 9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

He was not conceived of man so he was the only one who wasn't born with the sinful DNA (nature) which every man was born with. 2cor 5: 21 clearly stated that he was made sin. You think death was all that happened?? Heck, most of the other Apostles and saints were also persecuted killed the way Jesus was killed. But their deaths did not bring salvation for man. There was a spiritual signicance. A priesthood and a new law was formed. And for this to happen, death had to be defeated a war was fought in hell. Heb 7:12
12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.
(ESV)

Lastly, sin repels God from anyone whosoever. That's why the Fallen angels were cast out when they sinned even though they were heavenly hosts. God is holiness defined so sin has no place in with him.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

Check other version of other bible like king James version nd the rest the compare with your own bible u.would see that it says different thing
Other versions you ask??
HERE YOU GO:

Other Translations of Matthew 5:22

But I say vnto you, that whosoeuer is angry with his brother without a cause, shall be in danger of the Iudgement: and whosoeuer shall say to his brother, Racha, shal be in danger of the counsell: but whosoeuer shall say, Thou foole, shalbe in danger of hell fire.
- King James Version (1611)

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty {enough to go} into the fiery hell
- New American Standard Version (1995)

but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.
- American Standard Version (1901)

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be in danger of being judged; and he who says to his brother, Raca, will be in danger from the Sanhedrin; and whoever says, You foolish one, will be in danger of the hell of fire.
- Basic English Bible

[color=#770077]But *I* say unto you, that every one that is lightly angry with his brother shall be subject to the judgment; but whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be subject to [be called before] the sanhedrim; but whosoever shall say, Fool, shall be subject to the penalty of the hell of fire.

- Darby Bible

But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause, shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell-fire.
- Webster's Bible'

But I say to you that every one who becomes angry with his brother shall be answerable to the magistrate; that whoever says to his brother `Raca,' shall be answerable to the Sanhedrin; and that whoever says, `You fool!' shall be liable to the Gehenna of Fire.
- Weymouth Bible

But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whoever shall say to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council; and whoever shall say, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of the fire of Gehenna.
- World English Bible

But Y seie to you, that ech man that is wrooth to his brothir, schal be gilti to doom; and he that seith to his brother, Fy! schal be gilti to the counseil; but he that seith, Fool, schal be gilti to the fier of helle.[color]
- Wycliffe Bible

[color=#000099] but I -- I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire.

- Youngs Literal Bible
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by jakedes(m): 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
rudedough:

Don't say much. You obviously haven't read your bible and your Pastor don't read these part of the bible in Church. I have read the bible from the 1st to the last page many times and i can tell you categorically that God committed all these crimes and i am not talking about Abraham and Isaac.

God demands and accepts human sacrifices. He killed a good Samaritan for doing good. He killed innocent Children for stu.pid reasons. Your "Good" God killed 25,000,000+ people while the "Bad" devil killed only 10 people on God's instruction. Believe me, i can show you all these in your bible but do you have the stomach for the unpalatable truth?

I'm requesting your authorization to proceed. cool

Authorization to proceed on what if i may ask?...to prove your ignorance...well its ur life...dn't knw wia u read or got all those info..like u said"u hv read the bible 4rm first page to the last...bt the bible ain't no novel...u m8 hv read the bible so u claim...bt i put it direct to u that u hv no understanding about the bible...4rm ur words u seem to support the devil...sounds weird...
All i hv gat 2 advise u is that u shuld change dt negetive mindset u'hv gat...ain't gona help u bro....n 4 d records please dnt try abusing me or what i believe cuz abusing me or what i believe will in no way provoke me...i hv met ur types b4 n i tank God they finanly realized their mistakes....so urs is no big deal...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
jakedes:

Authorization to proceed on what if i may ask?...to prove your ignorance...well its ur life...dn't knw wia u read or got all those info..like u said"u hv read the bible 4rm first page to the last...bt the bible ain't no novel...u m8 hv read the bible so u claim...bt i put it direct to u that u hv no understanding about the bible...4rm ur words u seem to support the devil...sounds weird...
All i hv gat 2 advise u is that u shuld change dt negetive mindset u'hv gat...ain't gona help u bro....n 4 d records please dnt try abusing me or what i believe cuz abusing me or what i believe will in no way provoke me...i hv met ur types b4 n i tank God they finanly realized their mistakes....so urs is no big deal...

Like I said you may not have the stomach for the unpalatable truth. So it's best we let the sleeping dog lie.

But I'm just wondering why a Christian wouldn't want to see the verses in the bible where his God committed grievous atrocities. Pretty weird I must say.

I don't insult people, I'm an Atheist and I don't have any religious or deity afflictions. But I get very defensive when Christians try to impose their religion on me like you just did at the highlighted but I forgive you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by jakedes(m): 12:46am On Dec 12, 2013
rudedough:

Like I said you may not have the stomach for the unpalatable truth. So it's best we let the sleeping dog lie.

But I'm just wondering why a Christian wouldn't want to see the verses in the bible where his God committed grievous atrocities. Pretty weird I must say.

I don't insult people, I'm an Atheist and I don't have any religious or deity afflictions. But I get very defensive when Christians try to impose their religion on me like you just did at the highlighted but I forgive you.

your too funny bro...no body is trying to impose any religion on u ...i never did...i jst corrected an impression u had on my belief of which u xpressed in a very abusive way...mind u christianity is not a religion to me...its a way of life 4 me...u being defensive with ur reasons...am nt interestd bro....we are nt on a debate...ok ...u hv ur reasons 4 been an atheist...either by birth or u learned the atheist way of life as u grew up bt i wil not curse or abuse u on that...change is constant in life like i said previously..i hv met alot of ur type(atheist) in my life...they finaly cm 2 realize the truth about God...so urs is no big deal...goodnight...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 12, 2013
kwakayekaa: 1. Jesus instructed his followers to preach the gospel--> Unlike other churches who oly broadcast on TV or have their member go in packs on the streets distributing church invites, jehovahs witnesses are the only group of christians who still patiently o from house to house teaching people

2. Celebration of pagan holidays- christs' date of birth is not recorded in the bible, and he never instructed that we help him celebrate it, amongst many other pagan holidays.. And jehovahs witnesses are he only people who dont celebrate these pagan holidays.

3. Non-request or tithe- jehovahs witnesses dont ask their members for tithe, instead they donate undisclosed amount out of freewill.

non-segregation of members- unlike most churches where the big men sit on comfy chairs while ordinary members sit on plastic chairs or where titles such as most. reverend, senior pastor, his holiness, and many others.. jehovahs witnesses either adress each other by name or add the prefix brother or sister.

My brother, I truely appreciate your post, but I think it would have been better if you post the identity of true Christians and allow people to make their choice. You remember, that is what we are taught. Logically prove to others what you believe with conviction, but DONT MAKE DECISION FOR PEOPLE. THIS WILL BE A GOOD STARTING POINT.

HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION

How can ‘the road to life’ be found? Jesus said that the true religion would be evident in the lives of the people who practice it. “By their fruits you will recognize them,” he said. “Every good tree produces fine fruit.” (Matthew 7:16, 17) In other words, those who practice the true religion would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct. Although they are not perfect and they make mistakes, true worshipers as a group seek to do God’s will. Let us consider six features that identify those who practice true religion.

God’s servants base their teachings on the Bible. The Bible itself says: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man [or woman] of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) To his fellow Christians, the apostle Paul wrote: “When you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it, not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13) Hence, beliefs and practices of the true religion are not based on human views or tradition. They originate in God’s inspired Word, the Bible.

Jesus Christ set the proper example by basing his teachings on God’s Word. In prayer to his heavenly Father, he said: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) Jesus believed the Word of God, and everything he taught harmonized with the Scriptures. Jesus often said: “It is written.” (Matthew 4:4, 7, 10) Then Jesus would quote a scripture. Similarly, God’s people today do not teach their own ideas. They believe that the Bible is God’s Word, and they base their teachings firmly on what it says.

Those who practice the true religion worship only Jehovah and make his name know. Jesus declared: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10) Thus, God’s servants worship no one other than Jehovah. This worship includes letting people know what the name of the true God is and what he is like. Psalm 83:18 states: “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” Jesus set the pattern in helping others to get to know God, as he said in prayer: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) Similarly, true worshipers today teach others about God’s name, his purposes, and his qualities.

God’s people show genuine, unselfish love for one another. Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) The early Christians had such love for one another. Godly love overcomes racial, social, and national barriers and draws people together in an unbreakable bond of true brotherhood. (Colossians 3:14) Members of false religions do not have such a loving brotherhood. How do we know that? They kill one another because of national or ethnic differences. True Christians do not take up weapons to kill their Christian brothers or anyone else. The Bible states: “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. . . . We should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother.”—1 John 3:10-12; 4:20, 21.

Of course, genuine love means more than not killing others. True Christians unselfishly use their time, energy, and resources to help and encourage one another. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) They help one another in times of distress, and they deal honestly with others. In fact, they apply in their lives the Bible counsel to “work what is good toward all.”—Galatians 6:10.
True Christians accept Jesus Christ as God’s means of salvation. The Bible says: “There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12) As we saw in Chapter 5, Jesus gave his life as a ransom for obedient humans. (Matthew 20:28) In addition, Jesus is God’s appointed King in the heavenly Kingdom that will rule the entire earth. And God requires that we obey Jesus and apply his teachings if we want everlasting life. That is why the Bible states: “He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life.”—John 3:36.

True worshipers are no part of the world. When on trial before the Roman ruler Pilate, Jesus said: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts. However, Jehovah’s worshipers do not interfere with what others choose to do about joining a political party, running for office, or voting. And while God’s true worshipers are neutral regarding politics, they are law-abiding. Why? Because God’s Word commands them to “be in subjection” to the governmental “superior authorities.” (Romans 13:1) Where there is a conflict between what God requires and what a political system requires, true worshipers follow the example of the apostles, who said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.”—Acts 5:29; Mark 12:17.

Jesus’ true followers preach that God’s Kingdom is mankind’s only hope. Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) Instead of encouraging people to look to human rulers to solve their problems, true followers of Jesus Christ proclaim God’s heavenly Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. (Psalm 146:3) Jesus taught us to pray for that perfect government when he said: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10) God’s Word foretold that this heavenly Kingdom “will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms [now existing], and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”—Daniel 2:44.

On the basis of what we have just considered, ask yourself: ‘What religious group bases all its teachings on the Bible and makes known Jehovah’s name? What group practices godly love, exercises faith in Jesus, is no part of the world, and proclaims that God’s Kingdom is the only real hope for mankind? Of all the religious groups on earth, which one meets all these requirements?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 12, 2013
udemzy_udex: Jehovah witness have their own bible that's what I know

what do you mean? is it that our translation differs from others?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 12, 2013
god2baski: Well for the tithe issue, it is not compulsory to pay your tithe, just as it is not compulsory to eat, nd if u study your bible well, Abraham was the one who started tithing hundred of years before the law was given, like i said it is a choice

thats a great thought, but I think the op is emphasizing on those who make it compulsory. But would you agree we should just give without attaching a percentage? what do u think?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:52am On Dec 12, 2013
caukerzee: LOL...your spirit (it you do not live right) is what will suffer judgement. The spirit cannot die so it will suffer eternal torment and fire (also known as the second death).

So have seen the verse that says when someone dies d spirit goes back to the creator. So if all spirit goes to the creator ecclesiastes 12 vs 7. when they died which spirit would now be tormented So what spirit re u talking about ok did the bible says the spirit will suffer eternal torment back ur point that's says the spirit don't due nd it will suffer eternal torment with a bible verse
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:19am On Dec 12, 2013
caukerzee: Other versions you ask??
HERE YOU GO:

But I say vnto you, that whosoeuer is angry with his brother without a cause, shall be in danger of the Iudgement: and whosoeuer shall say to his brother, Racha, shal be in danger of the counsell: but whosoeuer shall say, Thou foole, shalbe in danger of hell fire.

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty {enough to go} into the fiery hell

but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be in danger of being judged; and he who says to his brother, Raca, will be in danger from the Sanhedrin; and whoever says, You foolish one, will be in danger of the hell of fire.
- Basic English Bible

[color=#770077]But *I* say unto you, that every one that is lightly angry with his brother shall be subject to the judgment; but whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be subject to [be called before] the sanhedrim; but whosoever shall say, Fool, shall be subject to the penalty of the hell of fire.

- Darby Bible

But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause, shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell-fire.
- Webster's Bible'

But I say to you that every one who becomes angry with his brother shall be answerable to the magistrate; that whoever says to his brother `Raca,' shall be answerable to the Sanhedrin; and that whoever says, `You fool!' shall be liable to the Gehenna of Fire.
- Weymouth Bible

But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whoever shall say to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council; and whoever shall say, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of the fire of Gehenna.
- World English Bible

But Y seie to you, that ech man that is wrooth to his brothir, schal be gilti to doom; and he that seith to his brother, Fy! schal be gilti to the counseil; but he that seith, Fool, schal be gilti to the fier of helle.[color]
- Wycliffe Bible

[color=#000099] but I -- I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire.

- Youngs Literal Bible

I know u don't do research but I will explain what gehenna when's to u gehenna is also refer to as the valley of hinnom

Valley of Hinnom redirects here
Gehenna (Greek γέεννα), Gehinnom (Rabbinical Hebrew: גהנום/גהנם) and Yiddish Gehinnam, are terms derived from a place outside ancient Jerusalem known in the Hebrew Bible as the Valley of the Son of Hinnom (Hebrew: גֵיא בֶן־הִנֹּם or גיא בן-הינום); one of the two principal valleys surrounding the Old City.

In the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6). Thereafter it was deemed to be cursed (Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).[1]

In Jewish, Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:30am On Dec 12, 2013
I
caukerzee: I do not want to insult you for obvious reasons. Why is your heart so hardened?? Not ready to learn just because it clearly proofs your believe wrong. Unto the next anyway...

Again, I didn't say Christ sinned, but HE WAS MADE SIN FOR our Salvation. He was the only sinless Human worthy to pay the price of salvation.
Heb 5:7-10
7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. 9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

He was not conceived of man so he was the only one who wasn't born with the sinful DNA (nature) which every man was born with. 2cor 5: 21 clearly stated that he was made sin. You think death was all that happened?? Heck, most of the other Apostles and saints were also persecuted killed the way Jesus was killed. But their deaths did not bring salvation for man. There was a spiritual signicance. A priesthood and a new law was formed. And for this to happen, death had to be defeated a war was fought in hell. Heb 7:12
12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.
(ESV)

Lastly, sin repels God from anyone whosoever. That's why the Fallen angels were cast out when they sinned even though they were heavenly hosts. God is holiness defined so sin has no place in with him.

This apostle inherited son already from birth thru our first parents did u say war was fought in hell by who nd who and back it up with a verse from d bible read all ur previous comment u keep changing ur words when I correct u
So tell me which war was fought in hell on only one I know was in heaven were Satan was hurl down to earth
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:43am On Dec 12, 2013
caukerzee: Other versions you ask??
HERE YOU GO:

- Basic English Bible

- Darby Bible

- Webster's Bible'

- Weymouth Bible

- World English Bible

- Wycliffe Bible

- Youngs Literal Bible

That's word there in supposed to be gehenna not hell fire I would give u other bible verse that use the word gehenna nd compare with various bible. Some bible would say hell fire some will say gehenna both are quite different pls compare Mathew 10 vs 28 Mathew 23 vs 15 Matthew 5 vs 22 29 30 Mathew 18 vs 9 mark 9 vs 45 nd 47 mark 9 vs 43 my bible mention gehenna through out nor hell fire check ur bible nd other version of other bible
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:58am On Dec 12, 2013
I would give example I believe jesus died on a stake or tree not on a cross check act 5 vs 30 act 10 vs 39 galatians 3 vs 13 Matthew 10 vs 38 Luke 9 vs 23 my bible use stake or true thru out not cross compare with u bible nd use other bible in some bible in would see tree was used in another verse of that bible tree or stake was used pls compare
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 9:45am On Dec 12, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

So have seen the verse that says when someone dies d spirit goes back to the creator. So if all spirit goes to the creator ecclesiastes 12 vs 7. when they died which spirit would now be tormented So what spirit re u talking about ok did the bible says the spirit will suffer eternal torment back ur point that's says the spirit don't due nd it will suffer eternal torment with a bible verse
I wonder if you guys purposely decide to ignore some parts of the bible.
HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SINNERS
Rev 14:10-11
10 he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

AND THIS TO THE SAINTS
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.” For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.” For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent [or precede or go before] them which are asleep.” For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:” Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” Wherefore comfort one another with these words." —1st Thessalonians. 4:13-18
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2013
Memyselfu2009: I would give example I believe jesus died on a stake or tree not on a cross check act 5 vs 30 act 10 vs 39 galatians 3 vs 13 Matthew 10 vs 38 Luke 9 vs 23 my bible use stake or true thru out not cross compare with u bible nd use other bible in some bible in would see tree was used in another verse of that bible tree or stake was used pls compare
Jesus was crucified on a cross, not a literal tree that had leaves on it.  The Greek words for cross and tree are different.  Let's take a look.  The Greek word for cross is σταυρός "stauros":

"literally cross, an instrument of capital punishment, an upright pointed stake, often with a crossbeam above it, or intersected by a crossbeam (MT 27.32); (2) by metonymy, as the means of atonement punishment of the cross, crucifixion (PH 2.cool; as a religious technical term representing the significance of the atoning death of Jesus in the Christian religion cross (1C 1.18); metaphorically, the dedication of life and the self-denial that a believer must be prepared to take on himself in following Christ (LU 14.27)" 1

The word (σταυρός, stauros) "cross" occurs 27 times in the New Testament in 27 verses: Matthew 10:38; 16:24; 27:32; 27:40; 27:42; Mark 8:34; 15:21; 15:30; Mark 15:32; Luke 9:23; 14:27; 23:26; John 19:17; 19:19; 19:25; 19:31; 1 Cor. 1:17; 1:18; Gal. 5:11; 6:12; 6:14; Eph. 2:16; Phil. 2:8; 3:18; Col. 1:20; 2:14; Heb. 12:2.

Now, let's focus on one of them, Matt 27:40 which says, “You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross."

This is a definitive verse that deals with exactly what Jesus was crucified on, and the Greek word in the verse is "stauros."  Therefore, Jesus was crucified on a cross.

Tree

Tree, as in a growing plant with branches, is the greek word δένδρα "dendra" and it occurs 25 times in 18 verses in the New Testament: Matthew 3:10; 7:17; 7:18; 7:19; 12:33; 13:32; 21:8; Mark 8:24; Luke 3:9; 6:43; 6:44; 13:19; 21:29; Jude 12; Revelation 7:1; 7:3; 8:7; 9:4.

There is no use of the word "tree" (δένδρα "dendra"wink in reference to the cross.  If that is so, then why do some Bibles translate it into the word "tree" when referencing Jesus' crucifixion?  For that, let's look at a third word.

Wood

Sometimes the Greek word for wood is used of the cross.  The word ξύλον "wood" occurs a total of 20 times in the New Testament.  Those that refer to the cross of Christ are:

Acts 10:39, "We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross (ξύλον, wood)."
Acts 5:30, "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross(ξύλον, wood)."
Acts 13:29, "When they had carried out all that was written concerning Him, they took Him down from the cross (ξύλον, wood) and laid Him in a tomb."
Galatians 3:13, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree (ξύλον, wood)."
1 Peter 2:24, "and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross (ξύλον, wood), so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed."
So we see that the Bible uses the terms interchangeably.  But this doesn't mean that Jesus was crucified on a literal tree.  Remember, above in Matt 27:40 we see exactly which word is used to describe what Jesus was crucified on, a cross.

“You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross," (Matt. 27:40).

Conclusion

Jesus was crucified on a cross, not a tree.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by caukerzee(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

That's word there in supposed to be gehenna not hell fire I would give u other bible verse that use the word gehenna nd compare with various bible. Some bible would say hell fire some will say gehenna both are quite different pls compare Mathew 10 vs 28 Mathew 23 vs 15 Matthew 5 vs 22 29 30 Mathew 18 vs 9 mark 9 vs 45 nd 47 mark 9 vs 43 my bible mention gehenna through out nor hell fire check ur bible nd other version of other bible
[size=18pt]Ge·hen·na  (g-hn)[/size]
n.
1. A place or state of torment or suffering.
2. The abode of condemned souls; hell.
[Late Latin, from Greek Geenna, from Hebrew gê' hinnm, possibly short for gê' ben hinnm, valley of the son of Hinnom, a valley south of Jerusalem : gê', valley of, bound form of gay', valley; see gy in Semitic roots + hinnm, personal name; see hnn in Semitic roots.]

Those translations that use Ghenna are only trying to liken the suffering in the valley of Ghenna to That of hell. In other words, give the reader a basic picture of what hell is like. They do not mean different things. Can't remember what that is called in literature.

Do not be deceived. These doctrines are straight from the pit of hell. The devil wants you to disregard the wages of sin, he wants you to see them as "not so gross". He that has ears, let him hear.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: by gbafem93(m): 11:32am On Dec 12, 2013
if one finger burn for 1000yrs,how many years will it take the whole body to burn?.....Do the math and know the extent to which u have been misled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie Celebrates His 54th Birthday / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.