Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Scientific Evidences In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Evidences In The Bible (2561 Views)

5 archeological evidences to proof the Bible is real(with pictures) / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Evidences That God Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Lordlexyy: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
Kay 17: ^^^

I have read the entire book of Job, and neither in those verses you mentioned, did God tell Job about his conversation with the devil!

God didn't even tell Job it was a test.
[quote author=Kay 17]The bible doesn't have to expressly state every conversation Job had with God. The fact that God spoke to Job is enough evidence that God actually gave him the revelation. You can't perceive God by sensory perception, knowing Him involves your spirit. In Christianity, there is what we revelational knowledge, where God revealed certain truth to your spirit devoid of your mind. Only those in Christ are conscious of this. It takes spiritual discernment to grasp truth or reality of God's Word. So, i won't be surprise if you vent ignorance how Job had privvy of the conversation btw God and the devil.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
Kay 17:

^^^

I have read the entire book of Job, and neither in those verses you mentioned, did God tell Job about his conversation with the devil!

God didn't even tell Job it was a test.

The remarkable vision about God's conversation with the devil could only have been given to Job whom I believe is the original author, and by special revelation after his suffering and subsequent restoration.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lordlexyy: [/quote]
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

The remarkable vision about God's conversation with the devil could only have been given to Job whom I believe is the original author, and by special revelation after his suffering and subsequent restoration.

Hmmmmmmmm
But you now agree God did not expressly tell Job about the conversation with the devil and test, however in the absence of that, you choose to believe that some special form of revelation must have been used.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Scientific facts in the Bible:

Job 38:22 (written 3,500 years ago). God says: "Have you entered into the treasures of the snow?"

It wasn't until the advent of the microscope that man discovered that each and every single snowflake is uniquely a symmetrical "treasure."

From, The Evidence Bible

Learning more about the amazing geometry of snowflakes put us in awe of God the Creator.

http://www.creationtoday.org/let-it-snow/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2013
Kay 17:

Hmmmmmmmm
But you now agree God did not expressly tell Job about the conversation with the devil and test, however in the absence of that, you choose to believe that some special form of revelation must have been used.

Do you know how many ways God speaks to us? undecided

"Then Job answered the Lord and said, 'I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? Therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes'" (Job 42:1-6).

Note the bolded. The instant Job got a glimpse of God all his questions were answered. When you get a revelation of the glory of God all your questions wouldn't matter anymore.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Scientific facts in the Bible:

Job 38:35: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go and say unto you, Here we are?"

The Bible states that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech. Science didn't discover this until 1864 when "the British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia, Vol. 12).

From, The Evidence Bible

This is an skeptic mouth stopper. wink
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know how many ways God speaks to us? undecided

"Then Job answered the Lord and said, 'I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? Therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes'" (Job 42:1-6).

Note the bolded. The instant Job got a glimpse of God all his questions were answered. When you get a revelation of the glory of God all your questions wouldn't matter anymore.

Good point. wink
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
The Sun
September 14, 2014

"Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof" (Psalm 19:5-6)

This well-loved psalm provides us a glimpse of God’s creative majesty: “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge” (vv. 1-2).

Modern science has shown that the universe in which we live is really a tri-universe—a continuum of space/time/energy (or information). Thus, the first two verses of this psalm, by focusing our attention on “the heavens . . . the firmament” (space), “day . . . night” (time), and “speech . . . knowledge” (information/energy), reveal a scientific truth long before its “scientific” discovery.

There is, of course, one created source of energy which typifies this energy. Speaking of space and time, the psalmist claims, “In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun” (v. 4), which is further described in our text verses. The sun is like a bridegroom, fully dressed in wedding garb, radiating joy as he comes forth. It is also like a champion runner, fully able to run the race and gain the victory.

The sun’s energy, radiating out in all directions, not only energizes the earth but the entire solar system as well. Furthermore, it is now known that the sun traverses the galaxy in a gigantic orbit with its energy bathing each part. Truly, “there is nothing hid from the heat thereof” (text verse).

Only the Creator of space, time, and energy—the Creator of the sun, the solar system, the Milky Way galaxy, and the universe—could have known these things. That Creator, through the empowering ministry of the Holy Spirit, is the author of this psalm. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
Areaboy2:
Amazing...

Scientific and Bible. Two things that cant go together but you pulled it off *pun intended*.. clap for yourself na undecided

Can you do one without the other?
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2016
Lordlexyy:

The bible doesn't have to expressly state every conversation Job had with God. The fact that God spoke to Job is enough evidence that God actually gave him the revelation. You can't perceive God by sensory perception, knowing Him involves your spirit. In Christianity, there is what we revelational knowledge, where God revealed certain truth to your spirit devoid of your mind. Only those in Christ are conscious of this. It takes spiritual discernment to grasp truth or reality of God's Word. So, i won't be surprise if you vent ignorance how Job had privvy of the conversation btw God and the devil

Lets hope he will be able to understand that. undecided
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by KingEbukaNaija: 12:37am On Jun 12, 2016
Good thread
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Scientific facts in the Bible

Modern Science in an Ancient Book 
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?" (Job 12:9).

The book of Job is one of the oldest books in the world, yet it contains numerous references to natural systems and phenomena, some involving facts of science not discovered by scientists until recent centuries, yet recorded in Job almost 4,000 years ago.

A good example is in 26:7. "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."  While ancient mythologies may imagine the earth to be carried on the shoulders of Atlas or on the back of a giant turtle, Job correctly noted that it is suspended in space.  The force of "gravity" is still not understood, and it is quite reasonable to believe that God Himself holds it in the assigned place in His creation.

There is a reference to the rotation of the earth in 38:14. "It is turned as clay to the seal."  This speaks of the smooth turning of the globe to receive the sun's daily illumination.

"The springs of the sea" are mentioned in 38:16, even though it has only been discovered in recent decades that there are springs of water emerging from certain parts of the deep ocean floor.  The fact that mountains have "roots," consisting of rocks of the same nature and density as the mountains themselves, is noted in 28:9.

The infinite extent of the stellar heavens, contradicting the ancient pagan notion of a vaulted sky with stars affixed to a sort of hemispherical dome, is suggested in 22:12. "Is not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are!" (see also Isaiah 55:9, etc.).

There are many other scientific insights in this remarkable book and no scientific errors.  The logical conclusion, as our text says, is that "the hand of the Lord hath wrought this." HMM
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2016
ooman:

Heavens and earth were finished and all the host of them, not some very fundamental stuff that the 1st law of thermodynamics supports but the very heavens and the earth itself, and the host of them.

Do you have an open eyes at all?

Stop making silly claims

Apologies for missing this post.

The strong emphasis of Genesis 2:1 was on God's completion of all of His creations which refutes both ancient evolutionary pantheism and modern evolutionary materialism which seeks to explain the origin and development of all things in terms of natural processes and laws innate to the universe. Creation is complete, it is not continuing unless God miraculously intervenes.

"And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made" (Genesis 2:2).

The second verse anticipates the modern scientific laws of thermodynamics. The First Law states essentially the same truth: that the universe is not now being created but is being conserved, with neither matter nor energy being created or destroyed. The 2nd Law is a universal law of increasing disorder which points to an ultimate death of the universe and at the same time points back to a primeval creation and therefore forces us to look toward the Creator God as it's only possible Saviour. - Bible Commentary.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2016
Treasures of the Snow
August 6, 2016

"Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?" (Job 38:22)

It is interesting that this book, the oldest in the Bible, contains more references to snow, ice, and frost than any other book of the Bible. This is despite the fact that Job's homeland was in what is now essentially a desert region. Possibly the effects of the post-Flood Ice Age were still strong in Job's day.

In any case, the beautiful phrase "treasures of the snow" is both appropriate and prophetic. Its crystal structure, though mostly in the form of delicate six-pointed "stars," is endlessly varied and always intricately symmetrical and incredibly beautiful.

The snow is a treasure in other ways as well. The winter's snowpack in the mountains is often called "white gold" because of its indispensable water storage capacity, released in the melting season each spring to provide life to teeming cities and irrigation in the desert for needed food supplies. The snow also aids in maintaining the planet's chemical cycles by returning various elements in the nuclei of its flakes back from the ocean to the lands from which they were leached and transported by rivers to the oceans. When the snowpack becomes a glacier, it can greatly assist in the breakup of rocks to form fertile soils.

In the Scriptures, its pure white colour is often used to symbolise the cleansing of a sinful heart that trusts the Lord. "Wash me," said David, "and I shall be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:7). "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," the Lord promises those who come to Him for salvation (Isaiah 1:18).

As the snow comes down from heaven, so comes the Word of God to ask the soul as in today's text: "Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?" (Job 38:22). HMM.

For more . . . .
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, and Job who wrote about it 4,000 years ago must have witnessed it.
Actually Moses wrote the book of Job.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Actually Moses wrote the book of Job.

Moses might have edited and sponsored it but Job was the original author of his memoirs as seen in Job 19:23-24 after his restoration to health and prosperity. smiley
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Moses might have edited and sponsored it but Job was the original author of his memoirs as seen in Job 19:23-24 after his restoration to health and prosperity. smiley
Lol! Did you just make such claim? Moses was the author of Job. Job's story was known throughout the ancient Middle East. Job was not the writer of the book bearing his name. In the verse you quoted, he was just making a wish that his story be written. Just like Ruth was not written by Ruth herself but by Samuel, Job was penned down by Moses.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Lol! Did you just make such claim? Moses was the author of Job. Job's story was known throughout the ancient Middle East. Job was not the writer of the book bearing his name. In the verse you quoted, he was just making a wish that his story be written. Just like Ruth was not written by Ruth herself but by Samuel, Job was penned down by Moses.

"Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!" (Job 19:23-24).

The fact that one edits and publishes a book doesn't necessarily make them the author of the book. For instance, the Holy Spirit is the author of the Bible even though He used holy men of God to pen it down. smiley
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

"Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!" (Job 19:23-24).

The fact that one edits and publishes a book doesn't necessarily make them the author of the book. For instance, the Holy Spirit is the author of the Bible even though He used holy men of God to pen it down. smiley

He made use of "that" which connotes wish in the above verse. He was merely wishing for his words to be written. You could check on commentaries by Jewish scholars to confirm the fact that Moses was its real author. If Moses wasn't the writer, then he had no right to edit the book seeing it was a memoir that would prove useful. It would suggest adding unnecessary details to an extant text. Job lived approximately the same time with Abraham if not before. So, his story was known and Moses decided to pen it down.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
lordnicklaus:

He made use of "that" which connotes wish in the above verse. He was merely wishing for his words to be written. You could check on commentaries by Jewish scholars to confirm the fact that Moses was its real author. If Moses wasn't the writer, then he had no right to edit the book seeing it was a memoir that would prove useful. It would suggest adding unnecessary details to an extant text. Job lived approximately the same time with Abraham if not before. So, his story was known and Moses decided to pen it down.

It was Job's strong desire to to write of his experiences and the fact that no one else could actually know them makes it almost certain that he was the original author of the Book of Job. He must have written his records on stone tablets which eventually came into the possession of Moses, who according to Jewish traditions, later published them. smiley
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2016
The Atheist Delusion Movie (2016) HD

Published on 22 Oct 2016
Having to prove the existence of God to an atheist is like having to prove the existence of the sun, at noon on a clear day. Yet millions are embracing the foolishness of atheism. "The Atheist Delusion" pulls back the curtain and reveals what is going on in the mind of those who deny the obvious. It introduces you to a number of atheists who you will follow as they go where the evidence leads, find a roadblock, and enter into a place of honesty that is rarely seen on film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChWiZ3iXWwM
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Learning more about the amazing geometry of snowflakes put us in awe of God the Creator.

http://www.creationtoday.org/let-it-snow/

Let it snow! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Sex Your Wife In Her Period-bishop Dag-heward Mills / The Miracles That Proved Yahshua Was Sent By God Cannot Authenticate Christians. / Bamise Ayanwole:why Did God Let His Daughter Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.