Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:07 PM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54622 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by danjalingo: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dmail: COUP Is not about IMPEACHMENT, Its taking over the government forcefully,could be bloodless or d opposite.Buh I foresee a bloody coup,where Jonathan head hangs on a spike along with his fellow looters!

like who?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
People like OBJ, IBB, Ab Dulsallam Abukar, Atiku, Tinubu and other maniacally fraudulent politicians, Should they love their lives MUST keep quiet and not over heat the polity, because iF the poor masses boil to point of no return, no private jet will fly, we will block access to their Airport and we will meet you all in your Hilltop mansions.

They better be careful, because the poor masses have nothing to lose. Who doesn't know that OBJ has been totally tossed away from decision making that's why he is crying blue murder ? After Abacha's loot, who was the next in line to epitomize looting and turning kerosene and engine oil sellers to billionaires overnight ? Who turned Diesel sellers to billionaires overnight ?

Who shared Oil wells from Niger Delta as spoils of war ?

Who sold out Nigeria Airways ? Who sold Nitel ? Who sold NICON ? And where are the monies accrued from the sales ?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dmail(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Let me get something.
APC stooges in Nairaland claim GEJ has lost all support from Nigerians hence he cannot win any credible election yet you also cannot wait patiently till 2015 because you actually don't believe that. Hence your call for coup?
Very funny bunch of folks living in delusion, self denial and bitterness. grin
Are you from Apes planet outside the universe or something which is why you seem not to know how much the large Nigeria population resents Jonathan F.Y.I......I am no fan of any political party.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
funshint: Obj might not be a saint but what he said are very valid. GEJ has been practically silent to corruption. Its gotten so worse that anytime anybody is accused of corruption, some disgruntled aides of the president will turn it into tribal war. During OBJs era a lot of heads rolled due to the anti-curruption campaign of those days starting with people from his region; S.M Afolabi(National I.D card scam), Tafa Balogun(former IG), Bode George(NPA scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola&Femi Fani Kayode(former Ministers of Aviation)... Nobody raised alarm of tribal victimization because the Yorubas don't condole corruption even if you're the son of a king but under GEJs administration tribal sentiments has been at its peak when people are accused of corruption esp. from the SE of the country. GEJ only claims to fight corruption on paper. It's even a big dent on the president that he still has someone like Stella Oduah as a cabinet minister after the body of allegations against her. This is thesame President who didn't waste time in removing the Court of Appeal President(Justice Ayo Salami) just because he wasn't working for the interest of his party. Jonathans tenure will go down to be the most corrupt in the history of this country. How did we get here??!! I weep for this country!!!
Absolute thrash! And what was the BENEFIT of PLAYING TO THE GALLERY and sacking those you listed? Did it lead to stable electricity, better roads, better aviation sector, restoration of rail transport system, improved infrastructural development in our schools, reduced unemployment, reduced poverty,etc?

And most importantly, did the sack of those people reduce corruption in the country then? Did it stop or reduce the ghost workers syndrome? Did it stop the Halliburton and Seimens bribery scandal (linked directly to the presidency)? Did it stop electoral fraud, which is considered by many as the GREATEST form of corruption? How did it help in the alleged misappropriation of $16 billion in the NIPP power projects? How did it help in the alleged N50 million per legislator 3rd term bribery scandal that rocked the NASS? And so and so forth.

And how much really (in terms of naira and kobo) did Nigeria save as a result of the sack of those people? And where was the extra funds, if any, invested? Was it in roads, railways, Airports, hospitals, schools,etc?

Now lets compare the OBJ PLAYING TO THE GALLERY strategy of fighting corruption and the current president's SYSTEMATIC strategy of fighting corruption.

1. The Biometric based integrated pay roll system instituted by this govt has saved the nation a whopping N120 billion annually, which was lost in the past to Ghost workers. The benefit from this alone, exceeds whatever would have been gained by playing to the gallery.

2. Transparent privatisation of PHCN. This singular measure has completely freed that sector from public sector corruption. The govt contracts,bribery, etc are gone for good.

3. Eradication of the fraudulent fertilizer subsidy scheme. The Growth Enhancement Scheme (GES) instituted by this govt eradicated DECADES of fraud in the fertilizer distribution system. Farmers registered under the scheme now receive their fertilizer via mobile phones. Govt no longer awards contract for fertilizer purchase. No wonder the agric minister was recently made FORBES MAN OF THE YEAR 2013.

4. Removal of fuel subsidy. The complete removal of fuel subsidy would have COMPLETELY eradicated the fraud in that area. Unfortunately, the protest stalled the whole thing.

5. FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS. This for me is the greatest tool for fighting corruption. Leaders who are truely elected by the people tend to be more ACCOUNTABLE to the people. This is what this govt has done through free and fair elections.

6. Passage of Freedom of Information bill. This law further enhances transparency in govt. Past govt refused to pass this law.

And so on and so forth. These are in addition to whatever the EFCC and ICPC are doing.

Now, Nigerians should choose between PLAYING TO THE GALLERY in disguise of fighting corruption and fighting corruption using SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
dan jalingo:

Obj used tugs and AIG Ige to remove a sitting governor (Ngige) in Anambra state, ordered the arrest of Orji Kalu's mother in Abia state for whatever reason. killed Bola ige, levelled the whole of Odi and Zaki biam (he didn't talk about carrot and stick), among other atrosities. Some time ago he told the whole world (when Bode George's case was on) that Jonathan can't fight the level of corruption in Nigeria. If Nigeria was an honourable country of honourable men, Obj should have been the last person to speak.

FACT! Obasanjo lacks the moral standing and dignity to talk about. corruption
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by vanunu: 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
Some Nigerians are funny, thinking that they can stop GEJ in 2015. The truth is that Nigeria will stop to exist if anything happens to GEJ. You people think that Niger-Delta people are fools.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ekoileee: 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Rants of a toddler!

1. Lagos was built by FG with OIL REVENUE! Let that stick to your hard skull.

Is it even possible to develop already developed place way before the existence of Nigeria itself? Must you people exclude common sense when making your ignorant pronouncements?

Btw, how exactly did the FG developed Lagos state? In what way?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by maimalari: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
talk2s: Abeg who dey deh. Wish obasanjo be dis?
Na de one were bin try to carve our composition, sori, constitution so e-go allow am run for 3rd term?

OBJ had his issues while in office
and is partly responsible for putting GEJ in
office (another big mistake on his part), I
agree. But please let us address issues in
Nigeria, and not personalities, otherwise, we
will never move forward as a country. The
key question you should have asked is, Has
OBJ lied in this letter? The answer is clearly
NO.
Nigeria is seriously bleeding, and if you
have not seen it, then please tell us what
you are smoking. The corruption we are
seeing today is at least 250% worse than
whatever we have experienced under any
other previous administration in Nigeria's
history. The Yar'Adua administration has
paid about N285Billion for oil subsidy in
2010, yet GEJ ballooned it to over N2Trillion
within about one year - A growth in costs of
more than 600% within 1 year! And not a
single person is in jail. Yet you say there is
no problem? Are you okay, bro?
The oil and gas industry is almost comatose.
His administration cannot fund a 2013
budget based on a crude oil price of $79/
barrel, yet crude oil prices have been at an
average of over $102/barrel thus far in 2013.
This is largely because oga GEJ's
administration has been unable to stop
bunkering by rogues on the one part, and
collect the taxes and royalties due to the
Federal Government from many of his
friends that bought the assets sold by the
International Oil Companies.
Nigeria has fallen on almost every index of
human development since GEJ came into
office - life expectancy, unemployment,
infant mortality, security, suicide rate and
even polio! Ask the UNDP, ask Transparency
International, ask The Bill and Melinda Gates
Foundation.
Yet, rather than look at these FACTS
dispassionately, many of us adopt knee-jerk
atavistic sentiments that do us no good. It
seems most of us have not linked the future
of our children to the misadventures of the
current set of jokers in power.
So, if I do not blame GEJ when things go
wrong in Nigeria, who should I blame? God?
That is why the man is the C-In-C. The buck
stops on his table.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
What happened to the billions of naira appropriated annually for the Benin-ore road during obj regime....Today the same road is being given massive upgrading and reconstruction.

What happened to the huge sums set aside for power on yearly basis yet Nigeria was in perpetual darkness during obj's regime.....Today power supply has improved tremendously in all parts of the country and still improving

Where is the fund from the sale and privatisation of transcorp...in the private accounts of obasanjos cronies of course.

I can go on and on
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
vanunu: Some Nigerians are funny, thinking that they can stop GEJ in 2015. The truth is that Nigeria will stop to exist if anything happens to GEJ. You people think that Niger-Delta people are fools.

GEJ will relocate back to Otuoke in 2015 and nothing will happen
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dmail(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Absolute thrash! And what was the BENEFIT of PLAYING TO THE GALLERY and sacking those you listed? Did it lead to stable electricity, better roads, better aviation sector, restoration of rail transport system, improved infrastructural development in our schools, reduced unemployment, reduced poverty,etc?

And most importantly, did the sack of those people reduce corruption in the country then? Did it stop or reduce the ghost workers syndrome? Did it stop the Halliburton and Seimens bribery scandal (linked directly to the presidency)? Did it stop electoral fraud, which is considered by many as the GREATEST form of corruption? How did it help in the alleged misappropriation of $16 billion in the NIPP power projects? How did it help in the alleged N50 million per legislator 3rd term bribery scandal that rocked the NASS? And so and so forth.

And how much really (in terms of naira and kobo) did Nigeria save as a result of the sack of those people? And where was the extra funds, if any, invested? Was it in roads, railways, Airports, hospitals, schools,etc?

Now lets compare the OBJ PLAYING TO THE GALLERY strategy of fighting corruption and the current president's SYSTEMATIC strategy of fighting corruption.

1. The Biometric based integrated pay roll system instituted by this govt has saved the nation a whopping N120 billion annually, which was lost in the past to Ghost workers. The benefit from this alone, exceeds whatever would have been gained by playing to the gallery.

2. Transparent privatisation of PHCN. This singular measure has completely freed that sector from public sector corruption. The govt contracts,bribery, etc are gone for good.

3. Eradication of the fraudulent fertilizer subsidy scheme. The Growth Enhancement Scheme (GES) instituted by this govt eradicated DECADES of fraud in the fertilizer distribution system. Farmers registered under the scheme now receive their fertilizer via mobile phones. Govt no longer awards contract for fertilizer purchase. No wonder the agric minister was recently made FORBES MAN OF THE YEAR 2013.

4. Removal of fuel subsidy. The complete removal of fuel subsidy would have COMPLETELY eradicated the fraud in that area. Unfortunately, the protest stalled the whole thing.

5. FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS. This for me is the greatest tool for fighting corruption. Leaders who are truely elected by the people tend to be more ACCOUNTABLE to the people. This is what this govt has done through free and fair elections.

6. Passage of Freedom of Information bill. This law further enhances transparency in govt. Past govt refused to pass this law.

And so on and so forth. These are in addition to whatever the EFCC and ICPC are doing.

Now, Nigerians should choose between PLAYING TO THE GALLERY in disguise of fighting corruption and fighting corruption using SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY.
Pls sir,if I may ask.Where are the refineries we were promised to build if fuel subsidy is removed??Instead,what we get is plan to sell our refinery.The mass transit is also no where to be found.Privatalization of PHCN Without paying off the workers,thats ridiculous. Sir,Mr Jonathan only show on papers that life is going to be good. We were promised but not fulfilled.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Kingspin(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
This media propaganda will not help anybody in 2015 but, sincerity of purpose. I see Tambuwal for president, 2015.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by zomby(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
Without any doubt, the shoe-less president shouldn't have been the president. A 2 yr old could tell that this dude has nothing to offer. He reminds me of a claw-less cat sitting on a throne that belongs to a LION.
But we also must not forget that Obasanjo created this failed state. He remains part pf the root of all these problems we are experiencing on a daily bases in Nigeria

This Obasanjo's letter is nothing but a smart way to exclude himself from the mess Jonathan and other PDP thieves have found themselves.

Everybody wants to be Nigerian Mandela, but this letter is a little bit too late, too customized and too insincere.

Sorry, I am not impressed sir.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

GEJ will relocate back to Otuoke in 2015 and nothing will happen

Its not a crime to dream....... dream on.
GEJ will be re-elected and nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
zomby: Without any doubt, the shoe-less president shouldn't have been the president. A 2 yr old could tell that this dude has nothing to offer. He reminds me of a claw-less cat sitting on a throne that belongs to a LION.
But we also must not forget that Obasanjo created this failed state. He remains part pf the root of all these problems we are experiencing on a daily bases in Nigeria

This Obasanjo's letter is nothing but a smart way to exclude himself from the mess Jonathan and other PDP thieves have found themselves.

Everybody wants to be Nigerian Mandela, but this letter is a little bit too late, too customized and too insincere.

Sorry, I am not impressed sir

Glad to know some people still reason rationally and cannot be bought over or fooled
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Pukkah: 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
ogologodimkpa:

Corruption does not start with GEJ and may not end with him.

The fight against corruption starts from You and I undecided

This is not the first time I'm hearing people make this vacuous statement.

In what practical ways can this statement address corruption?

My own thinking is that everything rises and falls on leadership.

Once the leader is rotten, everything falls apart.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Abagworo(m): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
zomby: Without any doubt, the shoe-less president shouldn't have been the president. A 2 yr old could tell that this dude has nothing to offer. He reminds me of a claw-less cat sitting on a throne that belongs to a LION.

Sorry, I am not impressed sir.

Obasanjo is the greatest Nigerian of all time. You may not appreciate him now but later you will. Who among our past leaders had the nerves to travel to Borno and enter boko haram enclave? Obasanjo loves Nigeria with all his heart. He can do anything to save Nigeria from ethnic jingoists. He's a Nigerian before being a Yoruba-Egba man.

His biggest mistake is not handing over power in a free and fair election. 2ndly he should have nortured 2 resilient men like Lamido and Amaechi instead of two dull men like Yar'Adua and Jonathan. Even the choice of Sambo as Jonathan's deputy was another disaster as Sambo falls into the dull class as well.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

Its not a crime to dream....... dream on.
GEJ will be re-elected and nothing will happen

Re-elected by SS & SE 100% votes.

I laugh in igbotic way... cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Kingspin(m): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dmail: Pls sir,if I may ask.Where are the refineries we were promised to build if fuel subsidy is removed??Instead,what we get is plan to sell our refinery.The mass transit is also no where to be found.Privatalization of PHCN Without paying off the workers,thats ridiculous. Sir,Mr Jonathan only show on papers that life is going to be good. We were promised but not fulfilled.
If you're waiting for everything to happen in this govt. than you could wait more until life finish with you. You should manage anyone you have seen because, man is insatiable.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by zomby(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Anyone that thinks Jonathan is fit for this position hates himself or herself and Nigeria as a country.

If you just sit there and think we do not deserve better than what we are getting, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by eillyboss: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nigeria should avoid been deceived by our so -called politicians especially those that have tasted politics offices(OBJ,El-Rufai etc).OBJ is talking about corruption and transparency>it baffles me to hear from people like him.Where was transparency during his own tenure?(2) OBJ was going for a third tenure before he was stopped and now he is complaining of someone that wants go for a second tenure.They are regarded as the fathers of corruption in 9ja because he fought people with EFCC etc while El Rufai uses media to criticize GEJ.The president has made alot of mistakes because of distraction by so-called critics whose records are still hunting 9JA until today.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Guyman02: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
This govt has failed Nigerians. The level of corruption is sickenening to say the least. GEJ should get his act together. His aides are building a wall around him to prevent him from seeing reality on the ground.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by EzePromoe: 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
iykemega: .....i am hearing a man who has had an epiphany spking ....at ds closing chapter of his life he has realised the truth abt leadership....wt a shame...but cast d preacher aside but look at his message critically...there is seriius truth in dis letter...
I don't see any iota of truth in what he said.
PERIOD!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Re-elected by SS & SE 100% votes.

I laugh in igbotic way... cheesy

so in your wild dream you think APC now has upper hand in the NW, NE and NCentral?

I laff in ijebu grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by zomby(m): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
We should be smart not to be too quick to choose sides when it comes to politicians in Nigeria. They should all be categorized as one, batch of cancer that has been killing our country for too long.

Obasanjo, Jonathan or Atiku should be labelled as group of thieves that gradually disintegrated our beloved country.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by OgologoDimkpa: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

This is sad!

That 50 years after independence, we are still apotheosizing the faucet origo of a presidential

aspirant is reflective of the fact that Nigeria still wallows in a state of medistinal statism,

cantekerous tribalism, egocentric chauvinism, syphilitic parochialism, epileptic nepotism,

catalyptic Kparakpoism and state brigandish of the bluest die.

\
grin
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dmail(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Afterall,its a crying nation. But its disappointing that some people are laughing,and they want the Nigerian ship to capsize and sink like the Titanic with just only one survivour....Government. But a day will come when the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Werehkpe: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.

Let's forget about who said this. The fact is weda OBJ is guilty or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is "is it true?" my answer will be YES.

I am from the south south BUT wat is wrong is wrong. GEJ has failed himself and his country.

He claims to fight corruption BUT his govt hasn't convicted a single person despite damning evidence.

He promised improved electricity supply. Today 9ja is still producing less than 5,000mega watts.

He promised better education but today ASUU ongoing strike is a testimony he has failed here as well.

All these failures is after 6yrs of presidency. And he wants a third term. I am Ijaw BUT I will not vote in a liar and a man that can't keep ANY of his words.

75% of 9ja population is made up of people in d age bracket of less than 45 and we don't care who rules what we want are d basics of live. Good water, jobs, shelter, light cikena. ANYBODY (weda Muslims or Christian, Hausa or Ibo), dat can give me dis is d person I will vote for. As for GEJ he is a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

so in your wild dream you think APC now has upper hand in the NW, NE and NCentral?

I laff in ijebu grin

GEJ has considerably frittered away the goodwill that got him elected in 2011. Those sentiments won't work in 2015.

The dynamics of 2011 is gone!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Soloter(m): 5:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
Eze Promoe: No I doubt this.
Talking of the devil calling a demon, an agent of darkness undecided
one million GEJs can't match this man of honour.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Soloter(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chiefpriest1: Jonathan has not only failed himself and his admirers, he has failed the nation. But this letter should have come from a more credible source. Obasanjo is/was no saint and in fact did some worse stuff. The message is good,but the messenger is tainted
like...
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Akanbiedu(m): 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: Sojoji, yanzu ne lokacin lipsrsealed

We have passed that stage oga, make una no try am ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

President Buhari Jokingly Snatches His WAEC Certificate From SGF Mustapha / Wike Looking Younger, Fresher In Independence Day Pictures / Lai Mohammed Slams Twitter For Deleting Buhari's Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.