Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? (6979 Views)

Making NPFL A World Class League; A Masterplan (1) / Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! / John Mikel Obi The Worst Player Nigeria Has Ever Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2009
dayokanu:

Is Nani a regular player? Ikpeba played for a top club(Monaco, Dortmund) which clubs did Jayjay play for?

Ok. . . . .Rooney and Tevez are better than Messi because Messi is yet to feature in the UCL S/final or final.
That about sums up your thoughtless line of argument.

World class players play for world class clubs not Bolton and Hull city.
World class players are regular at Big clubs not benchwarmers at Man Utd or Barca.

Any player can find himself on the bench. It depends on the squad size of the club.
Virtually all the bench players in Man Utd and Chelsea would start in Arsenal.
Jeeez. . . . . . .Kanu in 1996 woulda pissed on any club in the world with his prodigious talents.
If he was shit, Inter Milan would not cough out $$$ for him.

A world class player might start at a low club but before the end of your career, You would play at a top club.
World class players make impact in the world of football I mean real Impacts nor substitutes, I can dribble the whole world(Denilson, Quaresma) or "Helping bolton escape relegation"

Bebeto is a world class player and he has never played for a big club.
Without him, Brazil wouldn't have won the 1994 world cup in USA.
The biggest club Bebeto played for was Sevilla. . . . .and i dare to say only a stupid man would say Bebeto is not world class.
What about Zico(Udinese) Batistuta(Fiorentina) and Socrates(Fiorentina).
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2009
Ok. . . . .Rooney and Tevez are better than Messi because Messi is yet to feature in the UCL S/final or final.
That about sums up your thoughtless line of argument

Does Messi play for a top club? Barcelona is one of the biggest clubs right now. He is the best in Barcelona not a bench warmer.

Any player can find himself on the bench. It depends on the squad size of the club.
Virtually all the bench players in Man Utd and Chelsea would start in Arsenal.
Jeeez. . . . . . .Kanu in 1996 woulda pissed on any club in the world with his prodigious talents.
If he was shit, Inter Milan would not cough out $$$ for him

Any player that finds himself on the bench perpetually is not a world class player. Kanu in 1996 would not walk into any team. If he couldnt find a way into Inter Milan team.

Inter milan coughed out money means zilch!! man Utd coughed out money for Saha, Arsenal coughed out for Reyes and Jeffers, Chelsea coughed out money for SWP.

Bebeto is a world class player and he has never played for a big club.
Without him, Brazil wouldn't have won the 1994 world cup in USA.
The biggest club Bebeto played for was Sevilla. . . . .and i dare to say only a stupid man would say Bebeto is not world class.
What about Zico(Udinese) Batistuta(Fiorentina) and Socrates(Fiorentina).

Bebeto played for Deportivo which was a big club in Spain then. They only lost La Liga to Barca in 1994 at the last kick.

Batistuta played for Fiorentina and Roma won the league with Roma shows he played for a top club.

Socrates played for Corinthians which is one of the biggest clubsides in South America and the world.

Zico played for Flamengo and that was one of the bigest clubs in South America and the world as at then.

I em days, there was very little difference between European leagues and South America even South American even have the edge in those pre 1990's

So your arrgument is hollow.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2009
dayokanu:

Bebeto played for Deportivo which was a big club in Spain then. They only lost La Liga to Barca in 1994 at the last kick.

Batistuta played for Fiorentina and Roma won the league with Roma shows he played for a top club.

Socrates played for Corinthians which is one of the biggest clubsides in South America and the world.

Zico played for Flamengo and that was one of the bigest clubs in South America and the world as at then.

I em days, there was very little difference between European leagues and South America even South American even have the edge in those pre 1990's

So your arrgument is hollow.

Nah. . . . . . .I think you have huge hole in ur brain.

From Dayokanu's scripts of heresy(Roma, Fiorentina and Deportivo are big clubs).
Coming from a spastic donkey who once said any European team yet to win the Champions League is NOT a big team.
U can shift the post as much as u like. . . . . .Your folly has been exposed.

I dare repeat it again n again. . . . . .U don't have to play for a big club to be regarded as a world class player.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by HorneyChic(f): 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2009
Well, when i think world class, i think of those who have won FIFA player, or have come 1st and 2nd runners up,

Category 1, world class include:
Pele, Maradona, Zico, Eusebio, Platini, Cruyff
Weah, Zidane, Ronaldo (Brazil), Rivaldo, Figo, Raul, R.Carlos
C.Ronaldo, Lampard, Kaka, Messi, Henry

Sorry patriot, no Nogerian is in class one, as far as i'm concerned.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2009
HorneyChic:

Well, when i think world class, i think of those who have won FIFA player, or have come 1st and 2nd runners up,
Category 1, world class include:
Pele, Maradona, Zico, Eusebio, Platini, Cruyff

Maradona as a Nigerian wouldn't have gone that far.
What is to say there are no players better than Maradona in Nigeria??
These people are categorised as World Class first n foremost because they play for GREAT footballing nations.
If they don't excel in their clubs, they would excel in the national team(world cup, european cup and reh reh reh).
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by vicade(m): 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2009
Kanu is definitely world class Awards or no Awards.

According to wikipedia,He is the only current Premiership player to have won the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup, Premiership, FA Cup and an Olympic Gold Medal. That is not a justification But i recall two moments of brilliance:

In the olympics, with his back facing the post, he lifted the ball and cheeked it past dida to score. Amazing technique.

The Hat trick against chelsea especially the third goal was just amazing

Kanu is just like van persie and Dennis Bergkamp-World class Talents.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by dayokanu(m): 2:06am On Jan 08, 2009
From Dayokanu's scripts of heresy(Roma, Fiorentina and Deportivo are big clubs).
Coming from a spastic donkey who once said any European team yet to win the Champions League is NOT a big team.
U can shift the post as much as u like. . . . . .Your folly has been exposed.

I dare repeat it again n again. . . . . .U don't have to play for a big club to be regarded as a world class player.

You are just a complete slowpoke!!!
Roma and Fiorentina are big in their countries. Roma won the league in their country. Is Chelsea a big team?
Any team that has not won CL is not an elite team!!! Deportivo was a big club at that point in time.
So In jackals book, Hull city, Fenerbahce, Frankfurt, Bolton are the type of clubs you find world class players at the peak of their career.
Only a slowpoke would group arsenal with Milan in europe.

Maradona as a Nigerian wouldn't have gone that far.
What is to say there are no players better than Maradona in Nigeria??
These people are categorised as World Class first n foremost because they play for GREAT footballing nations.
If they don't excel in their clubs, they would excel in the national team(world cup, european cup and reh reh reh).

This guy is an idiot!!!! which National team did george Weah excel to win all the awards available. If Weah can win despite having a non-existent national team what excuse does kanu, Okocha and other Nigerians have.

Is George Weah world class, Shevchenko, Roy keane, George best, Giggs
Aint you ashamed that a chic is lecturing you footie?
WHat is to say there are no Nigerian player better than Maradona ? Is the Most senseless statement this Millenium never mind that we have just spent 8 years!!
Efe Sodje, Patrick mancha, Edema Fuludu, and Eddie Dombraye are better than maradona IDIOT!!!
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 08, 2009
Dayo,
That's my point.

Weah won the big awards as a Liberian.
Our best were content with the African version.
Anybody who has won the Ballon D'Or of World Footballer of the Year=World Class.
I still repeat:Kanu is the closest we've seen as regards World-Class.
But I don't think at any time of his career he would have walked into any starting XI.

HoneyChic,
Spot on.
That Group A you listed is hard to get into.That is my definition of world class.
It's an exclusive club.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by HorneyChic(f): 8:49am On Jan 08, 2009
@ Eastbay,
Thanks for feeling me. World class is BEST of the BEST. People don' seem to understand. Okocha, Kanu et al are one of the best, but they are certainly not best of the best. Maybe someday, we'll get there.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by tkb417(m): 10:00am On Jan 08, 2009
@
Eastbay,
Thanks for feeling me. World class is BEST of the BEST. People don' seem to understand. Okocha, Kanu et al are one of the best, but they are certainly not best of the best. Maybe someday, we'll get there.
u will do better analysing cricket. desist from doing what you cant do
best of the best ma foot tongue
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 08, 2009
tkb,
she's right.
We can't honestly say they can join that group she listed.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by akinalabi(m): 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2009
The cause of this argument is that each person has his own definition
of world class.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2009
Akinalabi,
While you may be right,there still is a standard to which it must fall under.
To me,the tag "world Class Player" isn't just for everybody.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by tkb417(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2009
and thats what you think. ur opinion
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by akinalabi(m): 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2009
I just asked two friends what they thought what world class was.

One said "Any player that rubs shoulders with top players worldwide
and competes favourably with them. Known, identifiable and respected
worldwide"

The other said "The greatests. . . The likes of Pele, Mardona, Di Stefano
etc"

The first, Okocha and Kanu belongs.

The second, they do not. In fact, the second one, very few will be there.

So it depends on what you define as world class.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2009
dayokanu:

You are just a complete slowpoke!!!
Roma and Fiorentina are big in their countries. Roma won the league in their country. Is Chelsea a big team?
Any team that has not won CL is not an elite team!!! Deportivo was a big club at that point in time.
So In jackals book, Hull city, Fenerbahce, Frankfurt, Bolton are the type of clubs you find world class players at the peak of their career.
Only a slowpoke would group arsenal with Milan in europe.

At this juncture, i am willing to bet a billy goat urinated on your head when u were a toddler.
Your intelligence quotient keeps deteriorating exponentially like radioactive half-life. . . . . .
Everytime i mentioned a club, u replied by saying they were "big" back in the days. Is there any club out there who isn't big at a particular time.
U have told us here Arsenal is not a big club and this same Arsenal have won the league, won in Europe.
Jeeeez. . . . . .U are so stupid u came up with only a slowpoke would group Arsenal n Milan in Europe. . . .Have u seen the UEFA ranking??

This guy is an idiot!!!! which National team did george Weah excel to win all the awards available. If Weah can win despite having a non-existent national team what excuse does kanu, Okocha and other Nigerians have.

Weah won those awards based on his performance at AC Milan.
If WEAH was playing in Aston Villa that year with quadrupled skills, he would never be considered.
How does common sense evade you like this. . . . .and you are supposed to be a University graduate??
Shame on y'all lecturers and high school teachers. . . . . . .
There are many players playing in smaller clubs who are more naturally-talented than players in the big clubs.

Is George Weah world class, Shevchenko, Roy keane, George best, Giggs
Aint you ashamed that a chic is lecturing you footie?

U and Horneychic are cyber-illiterates.
The problem with half-baked graduates like y'all is the ability to articulate y'all points appropriately.
There are many world class players and there are LEGENDS.
Maradona, Pele, Cryuff, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Platini are WORLD LEGENDS(those are the chosen few).
Weah, Henry, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Kanu, Okocha are WORLD CLASS PLAYERS.

WHat is to say there are no Nigerian player better than Maradona ? Is the Most senseless statement this Millenium never mind that we have just spent 8 years!!
Efe Sodje, Patrick mancha, Edema Fuludu, and Eddie Dombraye are better than maradona IDIOT!!!

U have erred there. . . . . . . .The most senseless statement made in this millennium was made by no other consummate idiot than Dayokanu.
If u cannot tell the difference between intercontinental cup and FIFA World club championship then ur statement has to be moronic.
Nigeria is a country where exceptional talents are produced year in year out. . . .
This is why Nigeria excel in age grade competitons and stay neck and neck with world football powers.
The only snag here is we lack the necessary facilities required to make turn these RAW TALENTS into FINISHED PRODUCTS.

As at 2005, there was no daylight between Messi and Mikel. In 3 years, the difference is as wide as [i]f[/i]uck
Chrisantus pissed on under 17 tournament of 2007 running away with the golden boot.
Victor Igbinoba, Monday Odiaka, Phillip Osundu were better than their counterparts in em previous age grade competitions.
When u begin to reason more objectively, come back and gimme a brilliant defense.
But if u still want to act like a nanny goat left menstrual residues on ur face as a baby, don't bovver. grin
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2009
Akin,
Yeah both are right.
Maybe you are too.
Sauron,
no need to be abusive.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
no need to be abusive.

He started the insultz. . . .

A world class player is different from a world legend.
Pele, Maradona, Cryuff, Di Stefano are world football legends.
U cannot put Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka in that category.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2009
At this juncture, i am willing to bet a billy goat urinated on your head when u were a toddler.
Your intelligence quotient keeps deteriorating exponentially like radioactive half-life. . . . . .
Everytime i mentioned a club, u replied by saying they were "big" back in the days. Is there any club out there who isn't big at a particular time.
U have told us here Arsenal is not a big club and this same Arsenal have won the league, won in Europe.
Jeeeez. . . . . .U are so stupid u came up with only a slowpoke would group Arsenal n Milan in Europe. . . .Have u seen the UEFA ranking??

Determining a big club has to do with the time in question. WHo would call Chelsea a Big club in 1990? while everyone would acknowledge Nottingham Forest as a Big club 25 years ago.

Do you think if CR7, Dinho or Zidane had been in 1979 he would have played for Madrid or Milan in division 2.
Sevilla Lyon and Arsenal are above Madrid in UEFA ranking why is CR7 not dying to go to those clubs?

Weah won those awards based on his performance at AC Milan.
If WEAH was playing in Aston Villa that year with quadrupled skills, he would never be considered.
How does common sense evade you like this. . . . .and you are supposed to be a University graduate??
Shame on y'all lecturers and high school teachers. . . . . . .
There are many players playing in smaller clubs who are more naturally-talented than players in the big clubs.

Any great talent would be brought by a Big club No great talent would remain at a small club till the end of his career.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2009
These people are categorised as World Class first n foremost because they play for [b]GREAT footballing nations.[/b]

Like Liberia-Weah, Ukraine-Sheva, Wales-Giggs, Northern ireland-George Best. George Weah won despite playing half the year at PSG!!!

The problem with half-baked graduates like y'all is the ability to articulate y'all points appropriately.
There are many world class players and there are LEGENDS.
Maradona, Pele, Cryuff, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Platini are WORLD LEGENDS(those are the chosen few).
Weah, Henry, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Kanu, Okocha are WORLD CLASS PLAYERS.

Anyone who lumps Thierry henry, George Weah, Ronaldo into the same class as Kanu and Okocha is definitely INSANE!!!!

U have erred there. . . . . . . .The most senseless statement made in this millennium was made by no other consummate idiot than Dayokanu.
If u cannot tell the difference between intercontinental cup and FIFA World club championship then ur statement has to be moronic.
Nigeria is a country where exceptional talents are produced year in year out. . . .
This is why Nigeria excel in age grade competitons and stay neck and neck with world football powers.
The only snag here is we lack the necessary facilities required to make turn these RAW TALENTS into FINISHED PRODUCTS.

As at 2005, there was no daylight between Messi and Mikel. In 3 years, the difference is as wide as f uck
Chrisantus pissed on under 17 tournament of 2007 running away with the golden boot.
Victor Igbinoba, Monday Odiaka, Phillip Osundu were better than their counterparts in em previous age grade competitions.
When u begin to reason more objectively, come back and gimme a brilliant defense.
But if u still want to act like a nanny goat left menstrual residues on ur face as a baby, don't bovver

Under aged tournament? This guy is completely Insane!!! where u guys take 30 year old to play secondary school boys and bully them wth brute force.

Igbinovia, Odiaka and Osondu were double the ages of those they played. Come and Tell me Opabunmi was better than tevez,
while in that tournament, the likes of Opabunmi, Karim Shuaibu, Victor brown and Ndala Ibrahim that had an average of 5-7 years experience in Nigerian league were playing against High school boys from Japan and co.

Toni Kroos has just finised High school and written the equivalent of WAEC when he went for the tourney while Kabiru Akinsola Had a wife and kid who lived with him at Oworonsoki, He went for football trials in India between 2003 and 2005 before he returned to Lagos after an unsuccesful stint there. those are the players you are comparing with Bojan Krkic? INSANITY!!!

Cr7, Kaka, Messi, Weah are now in the same categoru with Hullcity and Bolton star Jay jay?
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Determining a big club has to do with the time in question. WHo would call Chelsea a Big club in 1990? while everyone would acknowledge Nottingham Forest as a Big club 25 years ago.

This is where u get it wrong, no matter what happens to Barcelona. . . .They will always be a big club.
Same as Juventus, Real Madrid, Man Utd and so many others.
These are clubs that stood the test of time over the years. . . . .
Juventus played in Serie B and they were big even then so forget time in question gibberish.

Do you think if CR7, Dinho or Zidane had been in 1979 he would have played for Madrid or Milan in division 2.
Sevilla Lyon and Arsenal are above Madrid in UEFA ranking why is CR7 not dying to go to those clubs?

Maradona played for Napoli after winning the world cup(he was undeniably the best player in the world then).
He was with Napoli from 1984 till 1991. He coulda joined either Milan, Juventus or Inter in those years.
Ur argument holds no water.

Any great talent would be brought by a Big club No great talent would remain at a small club till the end of his career.

Maradona was a great talent. He was not bought by a big club.

dayokanu:

These people are categorised as World Class first n foremost because they play for [b]GREAT footballing nations.[/b]
Like Liberia-Weah, Ukraine-Sheva, Wales-Giggs, Northern ireland-George Best. George Weah won despite playing half the year at PSG!!!
Anyone who lumps Thierry henry, George Weah, Ronaldo into the same class as Kanu and Okocha is definitely INSANE!!!!

Arrant nonsense. . . . . . .Kanu and Okocha in their prime had supreme talents.
Because they did not play in a big club in those time does not mean they are not world class.
That is what i keep telling you. . . . . .The same Okocha who made Oliver Khan dive 3 times without shooting the ball in Bundesliga??
Are u out of your fucking mind??

Under aged tournament? This guy is completely Insane!!! where u guys take 30 year old to play secondary school boys and bully them wth brute force.

Igbinovia, Odiaka and Osondu were double the ages of those they played. Come and Tell me Opabunmi was better than tevez,
while in that tournament, the likes of Opabunmi, Karim Shuaibu, Victor brown and Ndala Ibrahim that had an average of 5-7 years experience in Nigerian league were playing against High school boys from Japan and co.

Shut up your fucking mouth. . . . . .

How can they be double the age of those they played.
If age matters a lot. . . . .Nigeria should be winning it everytime, shouldn't they??
How did Luiz Ronaldo become world player of the year at the age of 20?? U are a gorilla.

Cr7, Kaka, Messi, Weah are now in the same categoru with Hullcity and Bolton star Jay jay?

Common sense evades you everytime.
Compare them to the Okocha of Eintracht Frankfurt and PSG not the washed-up Okocha that played for Bolton/Man City.
It's like comparing Vidic with Hierro or Campo that played for Bolton
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by HorneyChic(f): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ tkb417
u will do better analysing cricket. desist from doing what you can't do
best of the best ma foot

I know more footie u'll ever know in 10 years. U're just a layman, while i once worked with the sports section of Mail Online, UK.
Empty vessels always make the loudest noise.

@ Saroun
Same applies to u. What do you know about football? Your line of reasoning is whacked. Are u literate sir? My 6 year old kid knows more of Man u history than u'd ever know.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2009
This is where u get it wrong, no matter what happens to Barcelona. . . .They will always be a big club.
Same as Juventus, Real Madrid, Man Utd and so many others.
These are clubs that stood the test of time over the years. . . . .
Juventus played in Serie B and they were big even then so forget time in question gibberish.

Just the way Nottingham Forest are, Just the way Ajax are.

Maradona played for Napoli after winning the world cup(he was undeniably the best player in the world then).
He was with Napoli from 1984 till 1991. He coulda joined either Milan, Juventus or Inter in those years.
Ur argument holds no water.Maradona was a great talent. He was not bought by a big club.

Did maradona play for a top club? Yes Barcelona!!!

Arrant nonsense. . . . . . .Kanu and Okocha in their prime had supreme talents.
Because they did not play in a big club in those time does not mean they are not world class.
That is what i keep telling you. . . . . .The same Okocha who made Oliver Khan dive 3 times without shooting the ball in Bundesliga??
Are u out of your fucking mind??

Saheed Owairan scored the best goal at US 1994 means he is world class?

[
b]Shut up your fucking mouth. . . . . .

How can they be double the age of those they played.
If age matters a lot. . . . .Nigeria should be winning it everytime, shouldn't they??
How did Luiz Ronaldo become world player of the year at the age of 20?? U are a gorilla[/b]

Obinna Nsor claims to be born in 1987, He has played for Plateau United, Kwara United and Enyimba in the local league at the time he was 17. These are professional clubs in the first division. He definitely would have played for some amateur
clubsides too.

How old do you think he would be right now?
Yakubu Aiyegbeni has spent 5 years playing at Okomu Oil and Julius berger when he was 17 years. Report has it that he was a painter before he started football at all.

Whatexplains that Nigeria has won U17 3 times, Ghana has won it many times too, Bahrain has won, These countries have never done well in U21 or even in in Senior team. Do you have to be a rocket scientist to know they were fieliding overaged players?

Where were you when Nigeria was banned between 1989 and 1991 because Andrew Uwe, Samson Siasia and Dahiru Sadi changed their date of birth?
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2009
HorneyChic:

@ Saroun-----Same applies to u. What do you know about football? Your line of reasoning is whacked. Are u literate sir? My 6 year old kid knows more of Manchester United history than u'd ever know.

6 year old kid ma foot.
What football brain have u got??
I get antsy when all these DSTV kids come online to spew classic prattle and intoxicated piffle.
Ma best advice. . . .Go back to your knitting classes.

dayokanu:

Just the way Nottingham Forest are, Just the way Ajax are.

Rubbish.
Every club has got their own history.
They were big then or they are big now is a classic drivel.
When was the last time Napoli played in the Champions League??

Did maradona play for a top club? Yes Barcelona!!!

Maradona played for Barcelona before he won the 1986 world cup single-handedly. He left Barcelona in 84 to Napoli till 1991.
If Alan Smith wins the world cup tomorrow "Maradonaesque". . .Would it be because he played for Man Utd?
How daft can u be??

Whatexplains that Nigeria has won U17 3 times, Ghana has won it many times too, Bahrain has won, These countries have never done well in U21 or even in in Senior team. Do you have to be a rocket scientist to know they were fieliding overaged players?

What explains Nigerian winning the under 17 THREE TIMES is because u don't need finished products to win such tournaments.
Raw talents that are begging to be developed are used by all the participating countries and that creates a level playing field for all n sundry.
In the World Cup, u need more than raw talents to win. . . .This is where Nigeria and other African nations are at a huge disadvantage.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by tkb417(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2009
I know more footie u'll ever know in 10 years. U're just a layman, while i once worked with the sports section of Mail Online, UK.
Empty vessels always make the loudest noise.
hehehehehe, do i need to work for a sport journal to know footie? noooo, dont tell me those who work as sports correspondents went to school to study it

with this kind of response from u, i can safely conclude u dont know JACK!!!
and even if u do, ull do berra using some of the gifts God deposited in ur head. use ur brains when analysing soccer.
if i owned a sports journal and u wrote that nonsence, ill get u fired!!!

get back to school and learn how to reason logically when arguing. whoever employed u should have sent u to cover the cricket games i insist.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by HorneyChic(f): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2009
I'll quote one of the nitwits above, i'm sure a Dstv kid. Its what people like us and every other sports journalist tells you u'll know. Its eazy for you people to tune to Supersport and ESPN, forgetting the efforts staff of this organizations have put in to make sure the news reaches u. What do you do? listen half heartedly, distort the info and then start spilling out garbage on the net.
Whats this about cricket? Seems u know a lot about it, please open a cricket thread and remain there, while matured minds discuss football.
I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything, i'm just trying to straighten u out.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 09, 2009
tkb,
No need for this.We're still in a spirit of goodwill.
No need to insult.
She has her own opinion,and so do you.Let's all learn to respect other people's point of view.If we have differences,let's logically argue it out.
Insults sour this page.And this goes for everyone.We can have a lively discussion without making anyone look bad.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by HorneyChic(f): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2009
@ Eastbay,
U're the voice of reasoning around here. No beef, I just need to straighten tkb and Saroun out. They think they know it cos they're men.
The world is changing, chicks are getting more interested in the beautiful game. I don't like to argue, but this boys need to be taught a lesson or too about football by the master of the game. Bring it on!
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by tkb417(m): 10:19am On Jan 09, 2009
I'll quote one of the nitwits above, i'm sure a Dstv kid. Its what people like us and every other sports journalist tells you u'll know. Its eazy for you people to tune to Supersport and ESPN, forgetting the efforts staff of this organizations have put in to make sure the news reaches u. What do you do? listen half heartedly, distort the info and then start spilling out garbage on the net.
Whats this about cricket? Seems u know a lot about it, please open a cricket thread and remain there, while matured minds discuss football.
I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything, i'm just trying to straighten u out
i insist u should analyse cricket!! u dont need a brain to do that grin

lemme tell u sumfn, as a journalist, u only break the news to people to inform, analysing the game is another sport entirely. you dont go to school to learn that. Its the personal interest that drives that. for all i care, i can work as a sports correspondent if i like. And if u dont know, what we do on NL isnt different from what others do on TV. I do mine here, u do urs on the pages of newspapers so what the heck!!

ill allow u breathe cos ure a babe but desist from putting ur mouth in what is bigger than ur brain. This is science wink

eastbay
nothin jare
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Sauron1: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2009
HorneyChic:

@ Eastbay,
U're the voice of reasoning around here. No beef, I just need to straighten tkb and Saroun out. They think they know it because they're men.
The world is changing, chicks are getting more interested in the beautiful game. I don't like to argue, but this boys need to be taught a lesson or too about football by the master of the game. Bring it on!

Can someone slap this nympho/Hot chic for me?
Straighten out Saroun?? U have a better chance joining BNP with ur negress ass.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by HorneyChic(f): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
Can someone slap this nympho/Hot chic for me?
Straighten out Saroun?? U have a better chance joining BNP with ur negress ass.
F**ker. Another misogynist on the prowl. i'll let it pass.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2009
. . . . started the thread, laid behind and enjoying every response.

Dayokanu,
I doff my heart for you jare. You really impress me with your wonderful grasp of football history. From the Nigerian league to almost all European leagues, from World cup to continental to regional competitions, from under-17 to Senior national teams, from matches played in 80s to those played yesterday, you freely quote with precision. I'm particularly surprised you know about Nigerian league/National team players of the 80s. Some of these quack analysts of today know no more than EPL.
abeg, u sabi football jare!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CAF: Abdelmounaïm Bah Appointed Acting General Secretary / What Sports Have You Played? / Usa Vs Spain Fifa U-17 Lights At Kano Stadium Goes Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.