Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,445 members, 7,850,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. (3628 Views)

Annoying Things Women Do / Some Statements Guys Don’t Want To Hear From The Ladies / 5 Statements Guys Don't Want To Hear From The Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by bigfather(m): 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2008
Generally, there are certain things women do not want to hear from men whether as a joke or abuse. Watch out for comments like…

You are fat: I’m yet to find a woman who smiles at this comment as it is always a bomb shell. Men who say this end up with unkind remarks or outright insult from their victims.

You look like your father: Her father might be the Duke of Ulla or the leader of Niger Delta Peace Troops, but the thought of linking her feminine nature with that of a man (her father), is surely not a very fantastic one. Although this may go well with the ‘macho woman,’ does any man want to be married to another masculine creature? Men need women and real ones. Or if you must link her with ‘daddy,’ look for nice attributes she genuinely possesses.

How old they are: There is a joke that a woman who mentions her age freely is either too young for the class she has found herself or too old to lose anything, talking about it. Age is a subtle issue with women, so wise guys should concentrate on their beauty and mental ability than try to find out how old they really are.

•The difference between them and their mother in-laws: A man will do himself a whole lot of good if he can keep his mother out of his conversation with his wife. Sorry mum, not that mothers should be abandoned, but the comparison should be kept silent. Remember that your mum gave birth to you and has been seeing you through life’s stages, while your spouse only met you when you were probably ‘made’ and tries to relate with the mature you, who is obviously hiding some aspect of childhood life. So, mummy relates with you, coping and understanding your weaknesses, while your partner hopes and prays for a change of attitude that may never occur. They both love you; mum knows that is the way you are, while wife wonders why you should be that way. Mum’s food might be sweeter because you’re used to it, but you can’t remain a boy eating mum’s food when your mates are raising families and growing up.

You nag: Have you ever tried to tell a lady she talks too much or she is bothering you with her noise? She could do an unthinkable thing, so keep off after the thoughtless comment.

Other women: A woman cannot find it in her wildest imagination why you should compare her female counterparts, let alone her friends who you feel are doing better in any area of life. Although this is a weakness on its own, if there are qualities you would love to see in your partner, find the right words and ways to say them when she would be prepared to hear them. Do not talk from the position of criticism.
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by MissyB1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2008
Kul list
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2008
I don't see what's wrong with my man telling me i look like my father, as a matter of fact, i do sha, what's wrong with it  
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Hannibal: 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2008
big father:

Generally, there are certain things women do not want to hear from men whether as a joke or abuse. Watch out for comments like…

You are fat: I’m yet to find a woman who smiles at this comment as it is always a bomb shell. Men who say this end up with unkind remarks or outright insult from their victims.

You look like your father: Her father might be the Duke of Ulla or the leader of Niger Delta Peace Troops, but the thought of linking her feminine nature with that of a man (her father), is surely not a very fantastic one. Although this may go well with the ‘macho woman,’ does any man want to be married to another masculine creature? Men need women and real ones. Or if you must link her with ‘daddy,’ look for nice attributes she genuinely possesses.

How old they are: There is a joke that a woman who mentions her age freely is either too young for the class she has found herself or too old to lose anything, talking about it. Age is a subtle issue with women, so wise guys should concentrate on their beauty and mental ability than try to find out how old they really are.

•The difference between them and their mother in-laws: A man will do himself a whole lot of good if he can keep his mother out of his conversation with his wife. Sorry mum, not that mothers should be abandoned, but the comparison should be kept silent. Remember that your mum gave birth to you and has been seeing you through life’s stages, while your spouse only met you when you were probably ‘made’ and tries to relate with the mature you, who is obviously hiding some aspect of childhood life. So, mummy relates with you, coping and understanding your weaknesses, while your partner hopes and prays for a change of attitude that may never occur. They both love you; mum knows that is the way you are, while wife wonders why you should be that way. Mum’s food might be sweeter because you’re used to it, but you can’t remain a boy eating mum’s food when your mates are raising families and growing up.

You nag: Have you ever tried to tell a lady she talks too much or she is bothering you with her noise? She could do an unthinkable thing, so keep off after the thoughtless comment.

Other women: A woman cannot find it in her wildest imagination why you should compare her female counterparts, let alone her friends who you feel are doing better in any area of life. Although this is a weakness on its own, if there are qualities you would love to see in your partner, find the right words and ways to say them when she would be prepared to hear them. Do not talk from the position of criticism.

Touche. . . . . . .
Thanx for the lecture, bruv!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh. . . . Ibkaye, How old are u and are u FAT?? grin cheesy
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by bigfather(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2008
ibkaye:

I don't see what's wrong with my man telling me i look like my father, as a matter of fact, i do sha, what's wrong with it

That is when your father is a good man !
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by nubila(f): 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
Bringing up ex's is a no no.
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2008
Where's the rest of the list? tongue
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2008
big father:

That is when your father is a good man !
huh? i don't get it undecided lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ibk, it means it'll be insultive to compare you to your father, if he's a bad,obnoxious man.
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by bigfather(m): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Ibk, it means it'll be insultive to compare you to your father, if he's a bad,obnoxious man.

Gbam !
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Ruby
thannx smiley

@big
i still won't feel offended, you are talking about looks, not what he is, if i look like my dad then i look like my dad tongue
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by chika98: 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2008
lol no woman wants to hear that she's fat.
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ibk
I look like my dad, but I don't want to hear it. why? because he's a guy, am a woman. angry grin

You're welcome, bTw.
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Hannibal: 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2008
chika98:

lol no woman wants to hear that she's fat.

Says who??
Some women don't give a RAT about it.
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by HCH3COO: 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@ibk
I look like my dad, but I don't want to hear it. why? because he's a guy, am a woman. angry grin

You're welcome, bTw.
EWU O!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2008
rotflmao!

ewo ni ewu? embarassed
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by chika98: 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2008
Hannibal:

Says who??
Some women don't give a RAT about it.
I see
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@ibk

You're welcome, bTw.
lool really?

i don't feel offended because i do actually carry physical features of my dad, doesn't mean im masculine, just we have similar features cheesy
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2008
Funny thing is, if my mom is not around, they say I look like my dad. If he's not around, they say I look like my mom. But w/e, I still fine pass HCH3COO grin.

I don't get insulted either o. It just does not feel right. lipsrsealed
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Funny thing is, if my mom is not around, they say I look like my dad.
Hahahaha, same sha cheesy
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by iice(f): 10:14am On Jul 29, 2008
I'd take it as a compliment if i am told i look like mon pere cheesy
I have no problem with men (who matter) telling me i talk too much which i dont cheesy

Overall the list is not bad at all wink
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by albridge(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2008
i think you forgot one more, women dont like to hear a man say I AM BROKE grin
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Gamine(f): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2008
Nobody can tell me im fat grin grin

i look like my Daddy, its a fact.

other women? it depends though on d topic.

i definitely dont want to hear a guy say he is broke ooh
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by MissyB1(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2008
Gamine
LOL.Yhur last line is one fact i DON'T LIKE hearing. embarassed
Re: Things Women Do Not Want To Hear From Men. by Gamine(f): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2008
hen Broke ke?

i go Broke the relationship tongue

(1) (Reply)

Sex By Middle-age Nigerian Men: Just Once A Year? / Ladies: Will You Sell Your Virginity For $30k? / How Do I Tell Her, I'm About Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.