Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Volvo V70 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo V70 (1016 Views)

Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car / How Reliable Are Volvo Cars? / Siena's Project Volvo V70 - Snatched From The Jaws Of Death! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo V70 by flowales(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2013
Dear Nairalanders, I drive volvo V 70. For the past three weeks I have a light on my dash board and I have notice since that the fuel consumption has inceased rapidly. Attached is the picture of the light that is on. I will be glad if anybody has an idea of what is wrong. I have checked the Manual and I have translate it from German to English. Below is what I have:

Error I'm vehicle waste gas system\Drive they to uberprufung into a Volvo workshop

Re: Volvo V70 by abatically(m): 10:34am On Dec 12, 2013
There are 1,001 reasons that cam trigger that light. U need to scan the car to know where the problem is. A simple obd ii scanner can do the magic if ur car is obd ii compliant.
Re: Volvo V70 by flowales(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2013
Thank will do that
Re: Volvo V70 by Lexusgs430: 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
flowales: Dear Nairalanders, I drive volvo V 70. For the past three weeks I have a light on my dash board and I have notice since that the fuel consumption has inceased rapidly. Attached is the picture of the light that is on. I will be glad if anybody has an idea of what is wrong. I have checked the Manual and I have translate it from German to English. Below is what I have:

Error I'm vehicle waste gas system\Drive they to uberprufung into a Volvo workshop

In translation to your German quote ' Drive your car to your nearest Volvo workshop for Inspection' As stated, only a scan can decipher why your engine management light is illuminated.
My advise to you is, buy an OBD11 scanner for your personal use and save on future scan cost.
Re: Volvo V70 by flowales(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thanks. I took it to a volvo workshop. It was discovered that the rubber transmiting fuel through the fuel pump to the engine was licking. The rubber has been changed but the light is still on. I will need to know how much the scanner cost. I will have to drive the car around to know if what I change has solve the fuel consumption problem. But before it was changed the leckage was much wen the mechanic showed me. I need to know the cost implication of the scanner iF its what I can afford ASAP
Re: Volvo V70 by Lexusgs430: 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
flowales: Thanks. I took it to a volvo workshop. It was discovered that the rubber transmiting fuel through the fuel pump to the engine was licking. The rubber has been changed but the light is still on. I will need to know how much the scanner cost. I will have to drive the car around to know if what I change has solve the fuel consumption problem. But before it was changed the leckage was much wen the mechanic showed me. I need to know the cost implication of the scanner iF its what I can afford ASAP

The volvo workshop should have cancelled the ECU entry upon fix. You will not know if other codes are present, until vehicle is scanned. Did the volvo workshop scan your vehicle @ all ?
To buy the scanner is not too expensive. If you have someone in the uk that can buy it for you, it will cost you under 20 GBP, or buy it in Nigeria from resellers @ about 25k.

(1) (Reply)

Please House I Need Advise / How Well Do You Know An Ignition Switch? / Car Experts Advice plz. Buick Rendevouz 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.