Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Banks Are On Strike In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banks Are On Strike In Imo (900 Views)

JUSUN Suspends Strike In Lagos / JUSUN Suspends Strike In Federal Courts / Only 10 Banks Are Sound - NDIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banks Are On Strike In Imo by Icetech: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
This morning as i was heading to work, i noticed that every bank in Owerri, the capital of Imo State seems to be locked and customers stood outside the bank premises looking disappointed and stranded.

As i inquired, i was made to understand that banks in Imo State have not been paying their tax as required by the State Government. This was uncovered by the Imo State Board of Internal Revenue.

The Government has now mandated every bank operating in Imo to pay their taxes or face sanctions.

I think, this was what led to the ongoing strike.

(1) (Reply)

How APC Controls The Politics Section / CNN Showing Now - Leading Women In The World / 17 Ondo Lawmakers Shun Mimiko’s Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.