Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (60938 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by fweshyboi(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
Dada-Stephen:

That's not true, i finished from the same school in 2010

Broda since you left the fee hyped.. Ooo... Since 2010 everything changed

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by destinysaid(m): 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
ok a real quick question, though not pertaining to this topic, can someone explain to me how direct entry works,the qualifications someone can use. Also, can OND/HND certificate be used to accomplish it, and how does one acquire an OND/HND certificate.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Kaydem(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa:
State Univs. are now in serious biz.
In 2006, TASUED acceptance fee was N10,000. I m very sure it ll be almost or over N50,000 now.
The tution was N26,000plus for indigenes & maybe N29,000plus for non indigenes back then. It only rise with N2,000 to 3,000 increment yearly.
Even as at 2010, it was N31,000plus for indigenes & N36,000plus for non indigenes.
Now, it's almost N80,000
for indigenes & N94,000 for non indigenes. This world don spoil finish!
if i may ask ''What are they smoking at TASUED''? I can't just believe an Edu Uni is paying such outrageous Fees!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:11am On Dec 17, 2013
Kaydem: if i may ask ''What are they smoking at TASUED''? I can't just believe an Edu Uni is paying such outrageous Fees!!!
They smoke Lagos State Univ (LASU) weed.
State governors/governments don't even care about the outrageous tution fees of their state Univs.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by chemprince(m): 7:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Please, i want to know how much it cost to run an M.Sc. Program in Faculty of science of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. And the duration also. Tanks.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by nikiihardehx(f): 9:49am On Apr 29, 2015
Saraben:
BUK is around 22 thousand den engineering student 25k,medicine 27k ...we pay d same fee irrespective of your level and mind u my school is a federal uni. acceptance fee is just 3,000 for freashers
heard kano is bad cuz of boko haram issh....... do u knw if d level of riot v decreased in kano nd ows d skul like
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by tall2ce(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2015
Lagos state university 25k for returning students excluding medical students 35k(plus acceptance fees) for fresher's excluding medical students

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Saraben(f): 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
nikiihardehx:
heard kano is bad cuz of boko haram issh....... do u knw if d level of riot v decreased in kano nd ows d skul like
Rioting is a thing of the past now in Kano,and Christian are leaving freely in Kano,you won't believe me until you come to a church late they won't be seat for you
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
How To Graduate With First Class In Any University

Graduating from the university with a first class degree has been one of the impossible attainments for so many graduates over the years. This is often caused by the way they took their academics at the start of their first year. First class students will attest to the fact that anyone can graduate with the first class if the person chooses to do so and is determined to get it.

READ MORE https://eduguidehub.com/how-to-graduate-with-first-class-in-any-university/
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by chapatti: 8:44am On Mar 12, 2018
What would a country be without adequate education? What kind of a people would Nigeria produce when her population has a more percentage of Illiterates over the literates ones? Do we ever get to think of these kinds of question? If we already no the answers and consequences of what is to come, then i think education should be made a top most priority for all. Be that as it may, we have come see how the various state owned universities and federal universities have been increasing their tuition fees, hostel accommodation fees, acceptance fees, etc. And one begin to wonder if the day has the plight of their people at heart? Because when you see the decisions of these semi god like governors on their citizenry, you begin to wonder if these governors ever where humans before they mounted the podium of the governor seat they are occupying.

I made a publication on POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS OF BUSINESS EDUCATION IN NIGERIA. You can go ahead and read it. very educative.

Sometime ago, while i gained admission into DELSU (Delta state university Abraka) i paid an acceptance fee of N3.500, and two years later it became N10,000. Now it’s a whopping sum of about N60,000. This increment is just for the period of 5 years. Ambrose Ali university Ekpoma did same thing and Anambra state university did same thing. Now the question in have been asking is this. Is the increment of these schools fees and other related activities like hostel fees, school fees etc a competition among various schools? Because what am seeing is the exact thing.

There are some issues that comes to mind. School acceptance fees was increased, tuition fees increased, accommodation fees increased etc, have the salaries of their parents increased? For those whose parents are civil servants, have the government increased salaries? Most of these civil servants are still owed salaries for about 18 months and you are busy increasing the tuition and school fees of their ward? What a shame. Because we still think that Nigeria is giant of Africa. Well that could be true only in size not in initiative.

Let me take a little moment to reveal to us some schools who have increased their tuition fees or acceptance fees, or accommodation fees within the last 5 years.
For the list and complete article, click here

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
Is there any hope?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.