Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,575 members, 7,840,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan (808 Views)

South East Forum Supports Buhari.. / Change Advocates Of Nigeria Dumps Buhari Supports Jonathan / Sportsmen & Women Solidarity Rally For President Jonathan (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by michaelok(m): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2013
Youths from the five states of the South-East geo-political zone at the weekend met in Enugu State capital, Enugu brainstormed on measures to reduce what they called political apathy in the zone. The youths with representatives from Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo states explained that their coalition was informed by the need for the southeast political bloc to be more sensitive to Nigerian political calculations and permutations as to gain their deserved relevance in the polity. The group under the aegis of Southeast Youth Solidarity for Jonathan arose from their meeting declaring that the issue of whether President Goodluck Jonathan should in 2015 run or not is against the interest of the nation and the youth in particular. The National President of the group, Comrade Uchechukwu, flanked by the Secretary, Comrade Obinna Onah and the various State chairmen, explained that the Jonathan-led administration was laying reliable foundation for sustainable growth of the nation in various sectors that could generate employment, so should be encouraged rather than people over-heating the polity. They argued that the issue of zoning should not arise in the current arrangement, noting that Nigerian political formation is based on six federating geo-political zones as against the argument that power should rotate between North and South blocs. They enumerated the Youth Enterprise With Innovation In Nigeria (YOUWIN), SURE-P programmes of the current administration as responses to the issues of employment and empowerment of the youths, saying that it was in consideration of these programmes that they are canvassing and declaring support for Jonathan’ bid come 2015. “Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) has indicated that the industrial capacity utilization increased from 46.44 % in 2010 to 48.24% which translates to empowerment. Virtually, every state has many skills acquisition centres to train the youth, thereby empowering them to become self- reliant. Even as the ASUU has continued on strike, we have convincingly observed that the strike has to do with political interests of those who want to pull down the country and frustrate the government. But we warn that nobody should think that he or she is above the law or this country called Nigeria,” they stated. The youths explained that the southeast zone had before now been denied International Airport for political reasons and was recently bailed out by the upgrading of the Akanu Ibiam Airport, “That to us is enough indication that the Jonathan administration is fair to us as to others, even so when we see the dredging of the River Niger coming on course. This therefore makes it necessary that we encourage and support such a government and demand for its second tenure.” The Patron of the group in his address to them said that they should not make their postulations mere academic or elitist affairs, but take their messages to the grassroots as to sensitize the rural populace on the need to show interests and participate in genuine political matters.

dailyindependentnig.com/2013/12/seast-youths-support-jonathan/
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by michaelok(m): 10:37am On Dec 13, 2013
The hairs on the body of a goat has refused people to see that he is sweating. We in the forum has decided and urge the entire people of Nigeria to see the cup as half full rather than half empty, the desperate power mongers seem it to be! Even if its an 18 paged letter, we still can read between the lines.

Ekene Okafor- Director for Mobilization.
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by ujchief(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2013
They are speaking for themselves alone. I guess these are part of the 1 million youths that supported Abacha's regime.

Not all of us from the SE supports this mediocrity going on in the form of leadership in this country.

3 Likes

Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by michaelok(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2013
ujchief: They are speaking for themselves alone. I guess these are part of the 1 million youths that supported Abacha's regime.

Not all of us from the SE supports this mediocrity going on in the form of leadership in this country.
Rise above hate- John Cena.
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 13, 2013
As my people will say " awon elebi".
If Goodluck is man enough and has done the right thing for this country, he didn't have to rely on a particular group of people for his 2015 ambition.
God is watching you all and will surely pay you in thousand folds. keep selling the birthright of your unborn generation.

1 Like

Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by EzePromoe: 10:52am On Dec 13, 2013
ujchief: They are speaking for themselves alone. I guess these are part of the 1 million youths that supported Abacha's regime.

You must be from Imo state cool
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by oduaboy1: 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
They will keep shut when the 4000 naira given to them is exhausted.
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by Sealeddeal(m): 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
SE people's support for good governance is unwavering and such justifies the reason for the support of SE to GEJ administration.
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by Clerverly: 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
More like

Sealeddeal: SE people's support for bad governance is unwavering and such justifies the reason for the support of SE to GEJ administration.
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by bloggernaija: 5:59am On Dec 14, 2013
No news here and
Not unexpected.
IGBOS ALWAYS SUPPORT ANY GOVERNMENT IN POWER (AGIP)
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by bloggernaija: 6:08am On Dec 14, 2013

You, I must say ,are the exception.
Why do I say so?
A TRIP TO THE IGBO FACEBOOK PAGE IS VERY REVEALING .
MANY OF YOUR TRIBESMEN HAVE ACTUALLY CONVINCED THEMSELVES THAT JONATHAN IS THE BEST THING SINCE ADAM DISCOVERED SEX .
I GUESS THAT IS WHAT THEY TELL THEMSELVES IN THEIR VILLAGE MEETING .
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by strangest(m): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2013
Before OBJ accuses GEJ, I humbly appeal that he considers these:
During his tenure: POLITICAL DEATHS: Bola Ige- 23/12/01, Barr. Barnabas and Amaka Igwe-1/11/02, Harry Marshal- 5/3/03, Chuba Okadigbo- 25/11/03, Funsho Williams-27/7/06 and etc. RECOVERED FUNDS UNACCOUNTED FOR: Abbah Abacha-$350M, DSP Alamieyeseigha-N52B, Emmanuel Nwude & co-Unknown, Maurice Ibekwe- Unknown, Charles Taylor's money- Unknown and etc. FRAUD ERRAND MEN: Gbenga Obasanjo, Oyewole Fasawe, Chibuike Achigbu, Emeka Offor, Chris and Andy Ubah, Arthur Ezeh and etc. NIGERIANS BLEED: Savanah Bank Liquidated, SGB Liquidated, Anambra Govt House Bombed, Ngige a State Governor Kidnapped and etc.
Think of Belview crash and ADC Flight crash...
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by dahfweshdude69: 8:26am On Dec 14, 2013
let us wait till 2015...they endorsing him doesn't mean the whole of Nigeria will endorse him...
Re: South East Youth Solidarity Forum Supports Jonathan by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2013
Immediately I saw the title of the story,I didn't bother reading the trash that came after it. All I know is those fools are not speaking for the SE youths. They are on their own. angry

(1) (Reply)

'why We Eventually Left PDP' - Saraki / Squabble In Ohaneze Over Jonathan, Oduah’s Cash Gifts / APC Members Dump Party For PDP In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.