Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,553 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case (1963 Views)

Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva / Femi Fani-kayode Discharged By Federal Court (Photos) / Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by wesley80(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
An Abuja High court has freed former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir El-Rufai, of charges of abuse of power.
The court gave its discharge verdict today, exonerating Mr. El-rufai of criminal charges.
The former FCT minister, now a leading member of the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, was charged under the Corrupt and Other Related Offences Act, 2000 for using his position to corruptly revoke a plot of land from its previous owners – Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc – and re-award same to his wife, Hadiza Ahmed El-Rufai.
Speaking on the outcome of the case, the former minister said he holds no grudges against his adversaries’.
“It is a vindication he never doubted will come, confident in his innocence and the integrity with which he served this country,” Muyiwa Adekeye, his spokesperson said.
“Despite the magnitude of the pains he has endured, El Rufai has decided to put all this in the past. He intends to move on, stepping confidently into the future with forgiveness and goodwill, devoid of the cobwebs of grudge.”
The former minister, El-Rufai has been on trial since 2008.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/court-clears-elrufai-abuja-land-grab-case/
Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by wesley80(m): 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
Now watch the hypocrites led by Liar Mohammed rush to hail our 'independent' judiciary.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by FrankC3: 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
How come this thread is dry while that of Bode George is dripping with venom and unbridled hatred for 'corrupt and compromised Judiciary'? Hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by jmaine: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Just saying hi to all potential visits by the ACN hypocrites . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by andresia(m): 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
Every right thinking person knew that El-Rufai did an excellent job devoid of fear or favour in d FCT, hence dis judgement does not come as a surprise! I wish GEJ e-roaches knew FCT when El-rufai held sway as minister, but alas they were still wallowing in poverty in their backwaters environments, they wouldn't have faulted dis ruling quashing any case against el-rufai

1 Like

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by Desola(f): 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Just to justify the clandestine quashing of a verified criminal (bode George). Haven't we seen this play out before? When the mofo pardoned alams? This kindergarten president must think everyone is from otuoke.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by naptu2: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by homesteady(m): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
wesley80: Now watch the hypocrites led by Liar Mohammed rush to hail our 'independent' judiciary.
grin grin
Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by Pukkah: 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
This is another quashing!

The 'control environment' is now very conducive to corruption. This is the type of the things that happen when the 'body language' of a leader of a country or company supports or tolerates corruption.

The same El Rufai that admitted revoking the title of the land and awarding it to his wife? https://www.nairaland.com/1014943/el-rufai-allocated-land-family-members

Ah! Nigeria is in trouble.

Expect more quashing from individuals who may want to take advantage of the lax environment which is freely awarding quashing and clearing. Hurry while stock lasts. James Ibori should hurry up in order to take advantage of the bumper harvest. Erm, where is Tafa Balogun?

All hail the administration of the Chief Quasher and Master Clear himself - Quashluck JonaClear.

Whether or not he is the one behind all these quashing and clearing, they are happening during his time as the number one citizen and leader of the country. This says a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
APC e-vultures will have explanations for this too.

Like INEC, like judiciary. When it favours APC, it is victory for democracy but when it doesn't favour APC, something must have gone wrong and all hell will break loose.

Watch how they'll spin this thread on top of the Bode George thread.

It is called OPERATION BLAME IT ON JONATHAN.

Yeye dey smell!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by wesley80(m): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
andresia: Every right thinking person knew that El-Rufai did an excellent job devoid of fear or favour in d FCT, hence dis judgement does not come as a surprise! I wish GEJ e-roaches knew FCT when El-rufai held sway as minister, but alas they were still wallowing in poverty in their backwaters environments, they wouldn't have faulted dis ruling quashing any case against el-rufai
Of course, of couse. Judgements never come as a surprise when they coincide with our wishes do they? When you add that to the fact that this particular one meets the expectations of APC's e-rats you have a perfect case of outcome coinciding with desires and therefor a verdict of an independent judiciary not so? Now compare that to the Bode George acquittal where a panel comprising some of the nations most respected and experienced judges vindicates a PDP stalwart we all believe is a rogue due to inadequate evidence and procedural errors, what we have is an outcome at odds with your expectation and that definitely is evidence of a compromised and terribly corrupt judiciary not so? APC e-rat?
Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by wesley80(m): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
^ I obviously overestimated his ability.
Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by Demdem(m): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
I expect Jonathan to appeal this.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by matzoro(m): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
undecided
Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by olabukola: 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Are we going to praise jona for this and condemn him for the case of bode George? Hmmmmmm.
Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by andresia(m): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
wesley80: Of course, of couse. Judgements never come as a surprise when they coincide with our wishes do they? When you add that to the fact that this particular one meets the expectations of APC's e-rats you have a perfect case of outcome coinciding with desires and therefor a verdict of an independent judiciary not so? Now compare that to the Bode George acquittal where a panel comprising some of the nations most respected and experienced judges vindicates a PDP stalwart we all believe is a rogue due to inadequate evidence and procedural errors, what we have is an outcome at odds with your expectation and that definitely is evidence of a compromised and terribly corrupt judiciary not so? APC e-rat?

Weslate, I have no comment to make on the ruling regarding Bode George, I have ceased to be surprised on any low this administration of GEJ brings up again. Again, GEJ e-cockroach, read my earlier post and dispute the efficiency and service delivery which heralded the el-rufai FCT administration. Of course, kindly ask anyone who resides or has any business in abuja during when el-rufai held sway for I know you were no where near Abuja as at then (thanks to this administration that now brought in a lot of social misfits like you to FCT)

Compared to the ruling on el-rufai, boy George's acquittal stinks to the high heavens

1 Like

Re: Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case by Demdem(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
andresia:

Weslate, I have no comment to make on the ruling regarding Bode George, I have ceased to be surprised on any low this administration of GEJ brings up again. Again, GEJ e-cockroach, read my earlier post and dispute the efficiency and service delivery which heralded the el-rufai FCT administration. Of course, kindly ask anyone who resides or has any business in abuja during when el-rufai held sway for I know you were no where near Abuja as at then (thanks to this administration that now brought in a lot of social misfits like you to FCT)

Compared to the ruling on el-rufai, boy George's acquittal stinks to the high heavens

Though I want Jonathan to appeal this case, it doesn't change the fact that till date El-Rufai remains the best FCT minister IMO.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bizzare!!! ISIS Behead Christain Children (graphic Photos) / 10 Governor Plan To Leave APC and PDP To Labour Party to save their jobs / TAN Urges Nigerians To Put On White Handbands And Handkerchiefs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.