Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? (6270 Views)

Jonathan Was Inexperienced, Not Incompetent - Babangida / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Kingsley1000(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2013
Seems uncanny to me.we igbos are the prime backbone behind GEJ's success during the last presidential
election,irrespective of he's not igboid(an igbo).Prior to election,he made some impressive
promises to us,which include,2nd niger bridge,cargo
airport in anambra among others...Pls what has he done/
or the thing we've benefitted in his administration??

Even in 2015,if Gej anticipated for 2nd "missionary journey"i envisage the same massive support from Igbos,is it that we don't know what we want?Remember,it was in his administration that "bokoharam,brutal killings of igbos in the north ensued"...i thought our clamour and aspiration is an "igbo president or biafra"why can't we stick to it?..why's Gej using flimsy and unfeasible promises as"bait" to attract and steer us? Great igbos!so #ashamed

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Taiwo20(m): 8:47am On Dec 14, 2013
He has a facebook page
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by FreeGlobe(f): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2013
There is a governor in Anambra who is Jonathans messenger and frequents Aso rock atleast twice a week. we should be asking what his relationship with the president has benefited the state. Jonathans action in Anambra elections really pissed me off.

7 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by slimthugchimee(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2013
He is worthless i hate him
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by donphilopus: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2013
Over to the Igbos!
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 14, 2013
He likes Igbos just because Igbos supported him in his victory in 2011. He's also incompetent because he has failed to redeem his pledge to the massive Igbos who supported him. Unfortunately,I don't see him doing all that he promised the people of the southeast. He hasn't done anything for his own people not to talk of other ethnic group. Its unfortunate our votes are wasted.

3 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: He likes Igbos just because Igbos supported him in his victory in 2011. He's also incompetent because he has failed to redeem his pledge to the massive Igbos who supported him. Unfortunately,I don't see him doing all that he promised the people of the southeast. He hasn't done anything for his own people not to talk of other ethnic group. Its unfortunate our votes are wasted.
Berem speak for yorubas where you belong. This is a SE affair

32 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
oh please shut the phuck up! I am not in the mood to entertain any form of stupidity from you or anyone. Allow me air my views and stop being a nuisance! angry

22 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:23am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: oh please shut the phuck up! I am not in the mood to entertain any form of stupidity from you or anyone. Allow me air my views and stop being a nuisance! angry
ve said my own though
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by IKEMBANNEWI: 9:24am On Dec 14, 2013
[b] Although i believe Jonathan has not performed to our expectations in the SE, buh allow me list few things he has done that endears me to him.
1, He Gave Ojukwu a proper state funeral. Something no other president would(from another ethnic group) have done, Obasonjo would have thrown his body into the Niger.
2, no other regime in Nigeria's post civil war era has had more igbos @ the helm of affairs of agencies like his.
3,SE currently head the nations most sensitive position COAS
4, Enugu Airport is now int'l(with an int'l runway under construction)
5, Achebe was Given a heroes funeral(even bigger than Ojukwu's)
6, under his watch projects due for the SE were always allocated to the SE, Enugu,PH, onitsha-Enugu, Enugu-Abakiliki expressways have either been constructed or are undergoing construction.
Although the seaport and 2NB remain areas he's yet to fulfill his promises, i believe he has 'tried' in all.
I believe we voted for Obj same way we voted Gej, what did we gain under Obj? You guys need to cut the dude some slack men! [/b]

14 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Abagworo(m): 9:26am On Dec 14, 2013
I think we should grow beyond expecting any special favour from anyone irrespective of our support or not. Nigerian President is for Nigeria and not for Igbos or Hausas or Ijaws. Jonathan is not a born leader and that's why his best is not good enough.

5 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by egift(m): 9:26am On Dec 14, 2013
OP, it is disheartening the we the great people of South-East have played ourselves to a very difficult corner. Here are some of the issues:
- Ndigbo have continued the game of self. Being all by ourselves. Biafra was a decision of necessity. But moving forward, we must integrate/collaborate with the rest of the country to possess our place in Nigeria.
- Playing a second fiddle to the Ijaw and acting as if our entire future depends on it, is not good for Ndigbo.
- Our elites play for the highest bidder. But the selfishness do not allow them to extract concrete promise/terms for dragging the rest of Ndigbo to offer support for Jonathan.
- Greediness have not allowed our 5 Governors team up and execute important projects in the south east (like the Niger Bridge).

I pray for vision, unity on purpose and ability to collaborate with rest of Nigeria for Ndigbo. If we can avoid demonizing others, we can attain greater relevance in Nigeria. But if we keep playing the type of politics exemplified by Peter Obi in 2013, we have a very difficult future in Nigerian Political Landscape.

8 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by adonismuller(m): 9:29am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
she is not yoruba,besides she has a right to comment on any where on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2013
adonismuller: she is not yoruba,besides she has a right to comment on any where on nairaland
see me see wahala! Some people can't do without looking for trouble. Nonsense! angry
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo: I think we should grow beyond expecting any special favour from anyone irrespective of our support or not. Nigerian President is for Nigeria and not for Igbos or Hausas or Ijaws. Jonathan is not a born leader and that's why his best is not good enough.
Oh really? Is that why he has neglected the Southeast in the scheme of things? He made those promises. He should fulfill it. angry
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:36am On Dec 14, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: [b] Although i believe Jonathan has not performed to our expectations in the SE, buh allow me list few things he has done that endears me to him.
1, He Gave Ojukwu a proper state funeral. Something no other president would(from another ethnic group) have done, Obasonjo would have thrown his body into the Niger.
2, no other regime in Nigeria's post civil war era has had more igbos @ the helm of affairs of agencies like his.
6, under his watch projects due for the SE were always allocated to the SE, Enugu,PH, onitsha-Enugu, Enugu-Abakiliki expressways have either been constructed or are undergoing construction.
Although the seaport and 2NB remain areas he's yet to fulfill his promises, i believe he has 'tried' in all.
I believe we voted for Obj same way we voted Gej, what did we gain under Obj? You guys need to cut the dude some slack men! [/b]
yes very true. I blame our governors and senators for not doing enough. GEj will always have igbo support anyday. He has tried for igbos more than any president ever.

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Kingsley1000(m): 9:39am On Dec 14, 2013
egift: OP, it is disheartening the we the great people of South-East have played ourselves to a very difficult corner. Here are some of the issues:
- Ndigbo have continued the game of self. Being all by ourselves. Biafra was a decision of necessity. But moving forward, we must integrate/collaborate with the rest of the country to possess our place in Nigeria.
- Playing a second fiddle to the Ijaw and acting as if our entire future depends on it, is not good for Ndigbo.
- Our elites play for the highest bidder. But the selfishness do not allow them to extract concrete promise/terms for dragging the rest of Ndigbo to offer support for Jonathan.
- Greediness have not allowed our 5 Governors team up and execute important projects in the south east (like the Niger Bridge).

I pray for vision, unity on purpose and ability to collaborate with rest of Nigeria for Ndigbo. If we can avoid demonizing others, we can attain greater relevance in Nigeria. But if we keep playing the type of politics exemplified by Peter Obi in 2013, we have a very difficult future in Nigerian Political Landscape.
i love your write-up,so deplomatic...i concur with you especially"igbos playing second fiddle to an ijaw man,is like fomenting and compounding our problems"

9 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Brimmie(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe Is Ovulating!? sad

It's a Kweshun o!
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: [b] Although i believe Jonathan has not performed to our expectations in the SE, buh allow me list few things he has done that endears me to him.
So giving state burials to Ojukwu and Achebe is now an achievement bestowed on Igbos? Oh lord save Ndi Igbo from their gullibilty and ignorance! Chai! embarassed embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by basilo101: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2013
He is d president of nigeria nt president of d igbos
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: So giving state burials to Ojukwu and Achebe is now an achievement bestowed on Igbos? Oh lord save Ndi Igbo from their gullibilty and ignorance! Chai! embarassed embarassed
U re d ignorant one here...
Abeg if u knw say u no get sense, stay out of dz thread.

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Abagworo(m): 9:48am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: Oh really? Is that why he has neglected the Southeast in the scheme of things? He made those promises. He should fulfill it. angry

Berem I'm also a Rivers man and we felt same neglect as the Southeast which I'm from. Southwest also feels neglected. Only Abuja is receiving real attention from FG. So FG's failure is not peculiar to Igboland but cut across Nigeria. We should take our destiny in our hands by joining the rest of the country in condemning a wrong government and not play selfish politics.

6 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:50am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: So giving state burials to Ojukwu and Achebe is now an achievement bestowed on Igbos? Oh lord save Ndi Igbo from their gullibilty and ignorance! Chai! embarassed embarassed
so those are the only things you saw from the 6 points? beremole

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Waspy(m): 9:52am On Dec 14, 2013
Na so Igbos dem be o. Politically naiive. The same Achebe that refused National awards, honor and recognition frm GEJ twice, just because of the latter's impotence and slowness.

4 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2013
I had always thought goodluck ebele AZIKIWE jonathan was an ibo man
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by PointB: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2013

Not necessarily an achievement, but it was a kind gesture. Something an Northern or yorobar president wouldn't have done. Some small gestures like that actually go a long way.

That said, it is important that GEJ be reminded to keep his several promises, not only to the SE but to other zones that he made promises to. If resources available makes it inevitable for some promises not to kept, genuine and transparent efforts must be made to explain the situation and reassurance given. Nothing and no zone should be taken for granted.

3 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo:

Berem I'm also a Rivers man and we felt same neglect as the Southeast which I'm from. Southwest also feels neglected. Only Abuja is receiving real attention from FG. So FG's failure is not peculiar to Igboland but cut across Nigeria. We should take our destiny in our hands by joining the rest of the country in condemning a wrong government and not play selfish politics.
I can't recall if he made any promises to the Southwest. Besides southwest are not too over dependent on the federal government as we the southeast are. I am telling you if the Niger bridge were to be in the SW, the governors of the states would put heads together and build a second niger bridge. I am not bothered if Jonathan isn't doing anything for other region. He made the promises to the Igbos. He should fulfill it!! angry

What's with the new tactics of defending Jonathan's incompetence by saying "he is the president of the whole country"? It sounds crazy!!

6 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 14, 2013
LWKMD. Jacob zuma also gave nelson mandela a state burial, isnt that an achievement? Chai ibos don suffer
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo:

All dz tales of negligence re propaganda, that's how in ph Amaechi was using dat the reason y he was fighting GEJ is because he had failed to deliver, and he was always using EastWest road as an excuse, dat d FG has abandoned it...
Ppl staying in ph wud be saying same too, but as at now the construction of that road has passed choba uniport, and its approaching nkpolu, so y wud sm1 use a project that's under construction to judge sm1, is it not when u ve looked and confirmed dat d road has been completely abandoned b4 saying things?
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Kingsley1000(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
yes very true. I blame our governors and senators for not doing enough. GEj will always have igbo support anyday. He has tried for igbos more than any president ever.
No,igbos are more wiser now.if he fails to execute and fulfil those promises,he'll be deserted.a case study,take a look at the Niger bridge as it oscillates,as if something is pounding beneath it...or do you think if their rivals(apc or Lg)field an igbo man as their candidate(vp or even senate president)2015,a sane igbo man'll still vote for him?
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2013
PointB:

Not necessarily an achievement, but it was a kind gesture. Something an Northern or yorobar president wouldn't have done. Some small gestures like that actually go a long way.

That said, it is important that GEJ be reminded to keep his several promises, not only to the SE but to other zones that he made promises to. If resources available makes it inevitable for some promises not to kept, genuine and transparent efforts must be made to explain the situation and reassurance given. Nothing and no zone should be taken for granted.
Gesture indeed! What has gesture got to do with the improvements of the standard of living of my people? How many people's lives where transformed after the state burial? The only thing Jonathan knows is to seek for attention and do nothing all for the sake of 2015 in Igbo land. He has done nothing to earn him another massive votes if he decides to contest in 2015. You guys should stop living in ignorance and wake up!! angry

9 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Sealeddeal(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2013
i dont understand how few you listed becomes remarkable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano state new cities under construction / Why Are My S/western Brethren Drumming So Much Support For Gmb / What Is The Full Meaning Of APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.