Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? (6263 Views)

Jonathan Was Inexperienced, Not Incompetent - Babangida / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
so those are the only things you saw from the 6 points? beremole
because the two are the stupidest and most laughable trash in all of them. I couldn't but use the state burial bullshit to make my points. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by FreeGlobe(f): 10:11am On Dec 14, 2013
Kingsley1000: No,igbos are more wiser now.if he fails to execute and fulfil those promises,he'll be deserted.a case study,take a look at the Niger bridge as it oscillates,as if something is pounding beneath it...or do you think if their rivals(apc or Lg)field an igbo man as their candidate(vp or even senate president)2015,a sane igbo man'll still vote for him?
A Yoruba man will NEVER consider building the Niger Bridge. The Enugu intl airport was there for ages even after obasanjo promised to grant it intl status during his campaign which he later claimed to be politics. APC will only win igbo bloc votes if they field igbo president, nothing less. My only problem with GEJ is his conduct in the last Anambra sham election and few other conducts.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by ballabriggs: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Chai smh at igbo people being played like ludo, no direction, no coordination. As soon as Ojukwu became ill I sensed this.

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by FreeGlobe(f): 10:16am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: I can't recall if he made any promises to the Southwest. Besides southwest are not too over dependent on the federal government as we the southeast are. I am telling you if the Niger bridge were to be in the SW, the governors of the states would put heads together and build a second niger bridge. I am not bothered if Jonathan isn't doing anything for other region. He made the promises to the Igbos. He should fulfill it!! angry

What's with the new tactics of defending Jonathan's incompetence by saying "he is the president of the whole country"? It sounds crazy!!
This your Yoruba husband has finished you. Nobody depends and manipulates govt like yorubas. Even with Hausas, only the elites depend on govt. Igbos are the most govt disconnected people in the world. Apart from Lagos built by FG no other south west state has developed

6 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by citizenY(m): 10:18am On Dec 14, 2013
,@berem,

massive votes... I am inclined to believe that all those figures do not really exist.... like Anambra.. are u not convinced that the startistics convey what the actual voting population is? Despite continuous registration and sensitaization by political parties? There are no votes anywhere....rigging is the name of the game.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Abagworo(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2013
lygn19:
All dz tales of negligence re propaganda, that's how in ph Amaechi was using dat the reason y he was fighting GEJ is because he had failed to deliver, and he was always using EastWest road as an excuse, dat d FG has abandoned it...
Ppl staying in ph wud be saying same too, but as at now the construction of that road has passed choba uniport, and its approaching nkpolu, so y wud sm1 use a project that's under construction to judge sm1, is it not when u ve looked and confirmed dat d road has been completely abandoned b4 saying things?

You and I know that work only started after the Amaechi complaint. The East-West road is the FG project in Rivers State and I must correct you on one thing. Amaechi never made mention of Jonathan in his statement but Orubebe. He condemned the snail pace of work and questioned the competence of Niger Delta ministry. Even Asari did exactly same thing. It is all over the net.

Asari said that it would be tough for Jonathan to win the presidential election in 2015 if he decides to run based on the poor showing of his administration.

He said that his decision to speak out was for him and others who are ardent supporters of Jonathan not to be blamed when the President fails to win in 2015.

Asari added: “This brings us to another Kalabari proverb, which says: where there are elders, a goat cannot be allowed to deliver tied to a stick. If we don’t talk and we continue to brush it aside, tomorrow we will be blamed and people will say: Mujahid Dokubo-Asari was around when Goodlcuk Jonathan was president and he didn’t talk.

“Then I will be an accomplice and accessory after the fact. It is alarming because the South-South must have its uninterrupted eight years tenure, which is constitutional.

“But with how things are going under Jonathan’s watch, we are afraid that we may not be able to have our eight years tenure because there will be no magic about it if it is going to be one man one vote.”

Asari said he will continue to speak out despite the fact that he had benefited from Jonathan, adding that one of those causing trouble for Jonathan remains the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Chief Godsday Orubebe.

He said: “I have benefited immensely from Goodluck Jonathan with my stake but benefit alone is not enough to make me to keep quiet when the period is very challenging for our people.

“So, some of us are tempted to ask this question: why are all these things happening? Why has the President allow some ministers like Godsday Orubebe to continue in government?

“Everyday people die on the East-West Road. If Orubebe is incompetent as he has shown himself to be, he should be removed. Nobody voted for Orubebe.

http://www.dailynigeriainfo.com/bombshell-asari-says-jonathan-is-becoming-a-big-failure/

Here's what Amaechi said

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-to-orubebe-you-are-a-failure/136866/

Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, yesterday chided the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe, over the latter’s criticism of his position on the troubled East-West Road project.

Orubebe had on Thursday during a tour of the project rebuked Amaechi for suggesting that the governments of the South-south states be allowed to take over and complete the construction of the road.

The minister said: "I am particularly piqued by the disrespectful behaviour of Amaechi to the person and office of President Goodluck Jonathan which will no longer be tolerated. Amaechi should mind the business of governing Rivers State whose capital city, Port Harcourt, has degenerated since the governor took over."

But in a swift reaction yesterday, through his Chief Press secretary, David Iyofor, Amaechi described Orubebe’s comments as "imprudent and reckless attack on the person of Governor Amaechi".

Said the statement from Iyofor: "It is a dubious but obvious attempt by the minister to divert attention from his ineptitude and abysmal failure to deliver on the East- West road. This callous attempt to drag the President’s name into it is what is most disrespectful and irresponsible.

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by kettykin: 10:22am On Dec 14, 2013
Jonathan has ensured a level playing field for all nigerians unlike obasanjo who sold all the national oil companies to yorubas , used state powers to bully, impeach, kidnap, and remove from office Senate presidents, PDP chairman, Governors. Obasanjo victimised every body he doesn't like using EFCC and wasted $18 on nepa without result,

3 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by ballabriggs: 10:22am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
A Yoruba man will NEVER consider building the Niger Bridge. The Enugu intl airport was there for ages even after obasanjo promised to grant it intl status during his campaign which he later claimed to be politics. APC will only win igbo bloc votes if they field igbo president, nothing less. My only problem with GEJ is his conduct in the last Anambra sham election and few other conducts.

But OBJ kicked off the Onitsha Owerri road and Umar Yaradua did the larger part of that road. So what is your point?

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
This your Yoruba husband has finished you. Nobody depends and manipulates govt like yorubas. Even with Hausas, only the elites depend on govt. Igbos are the most govt disconnected people in the world. Apart from Lagos built by FG no other south west state has developed
Its high time I stopped quoting you. Your stupidometer keeps increasing anytime you reply me. The earlier you stop using the female handle the better for you. If you can't do without yarning saw dust,stop quoting me! angry

5 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by capricon: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2013
Taiwo20: He has a facebook page
LOL
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by PointB: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: Gesture indeed! What has gesture got to do with the improvements of the standard of living of my people? How many people's lives where transformed after the state burial? The only thing Jonathan knows is to seek for attention and do nothing all for the sake of 2015 in Igbo land. He has done nothing to earn him another massive votes if he decides to contest in 2015. You guys should stop living in ignorance and wake up!! angry

Apparently, you did not read my post completely. If you did, you didn't understand it. It such a shame that I have to ask you to go back and re-read before your next response.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2013
citizenY: ,@berem,

massive votes... I am inclined to believe that all those figures do not really exist.... like Anambra.. are u not convinced that the startistics convey what the actual voting population is? Despite continuous registration and sensitaization by political parties? There are no votes anywhere....rigging is the name of the game.
whether the figures were imaginary or real,its on record that Igbo voted massively for him. I don't want to talk about Anambra election because I don't wanna get angrier than I am now. He should fulfill his promises that's all! angry angry
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 10:31am On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo:

Berem I'm also a Rivers man and we felt same neglect as the Southeast which I'm from. Southwest also feels neglected. Only Abuja is receiving real attention from FG. So FG's failure is not peculiar to Igboland but cut across Nigeria. We should take our destiny in our hands by joining the rest of the country in condemning a wrong government and not play selfish politics.
best post here.thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2013
lygn19:
All dz tales of negligence re propaganda, that's how in ph Amaechi was using dat the reason y he was fighting GEJ is because he had failed to deliver, and he was always using EastWest road as an excuse, dat d FG has abandoned it...
Ppl staying in ph wud be saying same too, but as at now the construction of that road has passed choba uniport, and its approaching nkpolu, so y wud sm1 use a project that's under construction to judge sm1, is it not when u ve looked and confirmed dat d road has been completely abandoned b4 saying things?
1.the drainage on that road is an embarrasment 2.the road is to narrow to be a trunk A federal highway
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 14, 2013
Lets highlight some of FG interventions in the southeast region in the last 2-3 years.

1. Completion of Onitsha River Port. Of all the River Ports being constructed by the FG (Baro, Lokoja,etc) Onitsha Port was the first to be completed. It is now being concessioned. Unfortunately, the concessioning process is taken too long. Yes, the Onitsha Port may not have gone commercial but the equipments being used by Julius Berger for initial works on Second Niger Bridge were delivered through the Port.

2. Construction of Oguta River Port in Imo State. That will be completed before the end of this year and concessioned too.

3. Anambra STATE University was among the 12 universities nationwide that received special impact funds in 2012. It got about N3billion.

4. FG is building a new N2.5billion federal secretariat in Anambra. None existed before now.

5. FG has completed the Onitsha-Owerri road

6. FG has expanded the Bridge-Head to Upper-Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha road to 10-lane. The whole stretch of the Enugu-Onitsha road is scheduled to be completed next year. The road is covered by SURE-P.

7. The FG just awarded re-construction of Section I and II of Enugu-PH road at N90billion.

8. The Enugu International Airport is now open to business with the outside world with commencement of international flight operations.

9. The N13billion New international terminal is under construction at Enugu International Airport. It is the FIRST out of the 5 planned new international terminals to be built in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH.

9. Ebonyi now has a brand new teaching hospital. Thus, 5 DECADES after, the southeast now has 2 federal teaching hospital- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu and Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (FETHA) EBONYI.

10. Ebonyi now has a brand new federal university. It is called Federal University, Ndufu-Alike,Ebonyi State.

11. Contract for the N100billion 6-lane 12.4km Second Niger bridge has been awarded to Julius Berger. Julius Berger has started preliminary work around July and that should have been completed by now. Hopefully, soon the President will flag off actual construction work.

12. The PH-Enugu-Maiduguri railway rehabilitation was scheduled to be completed this December.

13. The Southeast is well covered in the ongoing feasibility studies for modern railways across the country.

14. The Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri is one of the 11 Airports undergoing remodelling.

15. The N1.5billion Zik’s mausoleum and library being constructed in Onitsha. It is scheduled to be completed next year.

16. Completion of work on Obiozara-Uburu-Ishiagu road in Enugu and Ebonyi States.

17. Completion of work on Abakaliki-Mbok (Ogoja Junction) road in Ebonyi and Cross-River States.

18. Completion of work on Owerri-Aba Road in Imo and Abia States.

19. Completion of work on Okpala-Igwurita road in Imo State.

20. Completion and commissioning of the crucial second 330KV Onitsha-Benin transmission line.

21. Completion of 1×7.5MVA power injection sub station each in Orafite and Amichi in Anambra states

22. Completion of 2×2.5MVA Eke distribution injection sub station in Enugu.

23. Completion of 7.5MVA power distribution injection substation in Trade fair area of Enugu.

24. Completion of 7.5MVA power injection sub station in New Heaven, Enugu state.

25. Rehabilitation and reopening of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, depot at Aba, Abia State. The depot was closed for over 6 years.

26. Completion of the capital dredging of the River Niger.

These are the ones I could recall now.
In summary, suffice to say that the East has had some fair share of FG intervention within the period. In the next few months and years, it can only get better. And the people of the area will NOT stop demanding for more dividends of their support for GEJ.

8 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2013
PointB:

Apparently, you did not read my post completely. If you did, you didn't understand it. It such a shame that I have to ask you to go back and re-read before your next response.
I replied you based on your first paragraph. We both agree on your second paragraph. Get it? cool
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: [s] Lets highlight some of FG interventions in the region in the last 2-3 years.

1. Completion of Onitsha River Port. Of all the River Ports being constructed by the FG (Baro, Lokoja,etc) Onitsha Port was the first to be completed. It is now being concessioned. Unfortunately, the concessioning process is taken too long. Yes, the Onitsha Port may not have gone commercial but the equipments being used by Julius Berger for initial works on Second Niger Bridge were delivered through the Port.

2. Construction of Oguta River Port in Imo State. That will be completed before the end of this year and concessioned too.

3. Anambra STATE University was among the 12 universities nationwide that received special impact funds in 2012. It got about N3billion.

4. FG is building a new N2.5billion federal secretariat in Anambra. None existed before now.

6. FG has expanded the Bridge-Head to Upper-Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha road to 10-lane. The whole stretch of the Enugu-Onitsha road is scheduled to be completed next year. The road is covered by SURE-P.

7. The FG just awarded re-construction of Section I and II of Enugu-PH road at N90billion.

8. The Enugu International Airport is now open to business with the outside world with commencement of international flight operations.

9. The N13billion New international terminal is under construction at Enugu International Airport. It is the FIRST out of the 5 planned new international terminals to be built in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH.

9. Ebonyi now has a brand new teaching hospital. Thus, 5 DECADES after, the southeast now has 2 federal teaching hospital- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu and Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (FETHA) EBONYI.

10. Ebonyi now has a brand new federal university. It is called Federal University, Ndufu-Alike,Ebonyi State.

11. Contract for the N100billion 6-lane 12.4km Second Niger bridge has been awarded to Julius Berger. Julius started preliminary work around July and should have been completed by now. Hopefully, son the President will flag off actual construction work.

12. The PH-Enugu-Maiduguri railway rehabilitation was scheduled to be completed this December.

13. The Southeast is well covered in the ongoing feasibility studies for modern railways across the country.

14. The Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri is one of the 11 Airports undergoing remodelling.

15. The N1.5billion Zik’s mausoleum and library being constructed in Onitsha. It is scheduled to be completed next year.

16. Completion of work on Obiozara-Uburu-Ishiagu road in Enugu and Ebonyi States.

17. Completion of work on Abakaliki-Mbok (Ogoja Junction) road in Ebonyi and Cross-River States.

20. Completion and commissioning of the crucial second 330KV Onitsha-Benin transmission line.

21. Completion of 1×7.5MVA power injection sub station each in Orafite and Amichi in Anambra states

23. Completion of 7.5MVA power distribution injection substation in Trade fair area of Enugu.

24. Completion of 7.5MVA power injection sub station in New Heaven, Enugu state.

25. Rehabilitation and reopening of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, depot at Aba, Abia State. The depot was closed for over 6 years.

In summary, suffice to say that the East has had some fair share of FG intervention within the period. In the next few months and years, it can only get better. And the people of the area will NOT stop demanding for more dividends of their support for GEJ. [/s]
Arrant nonsense!! All I see is completion bla bla bla bullshit!! Which one did he start? He will not take glory for the projects started by a previous administration. He should do something he will be remembered for in the southeast. No second niger bridge, no vote from southeast come 2015!

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Lets highlight some of FG interventions in the region in the last 2-3 years.

11. Contract for the N100billion 6-lane 12.4km Second Niger bridge has been awarded to Julius Berger. Julius started preliminary work around July and should have been completed by now. Hopefully, son the President will flag off actual construction work.

In summary, suffice to say that the East has had some fair share of FG intervention within the period. In the next few months and years, it can only get better. And the people of the area will NOT stop demanding for more dividends of their support for GEJ.
you forgot NAUTH nnewi.the east needs one more federal teaching hospital in the imo/abia axis.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 14, 2013
ballabriggs:

But OBJ kicked off the Onitsha Owerri road and Umar Yaradua did the larger part of that road. So what is your point?
If achievements are by kicking off a project by now GEJ wud have been Nigeria's highest achieved president. So don't compare Obj with GEJ, Obj was a FAILURE.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 14, 2013
The OP is an APC e-warrior masquarading as an igbo man.Check his post history .

@berem

You are a disgrace to igbo women (that is if indeed you are one).The fact that someone married from another tribe does not mean the person should forget is/heritage.

So you mean to tell that igbos are now the one lazy ones depending on FG while the yorubas are hardworking abi? What has the FG over the ages done for igboland compared to the massive FG investments in yoruba land over the years

8 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by citizenY(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: whether the figures were imaginary or real,its on record that Igbo voted massively for him. I don't want to talk about Anambra election because I don't wanna get angrier than I am now. He should fulfill his promises that's all! angry angry

Abeg no vex, I put it to you that those massive votes do and have never existed.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by IKEMBANNEWI: 11:03am On Dec 14, 2013
Berem you can insult me all you like buh that wont stop me from telling you the truth, check my post history starting from 'INNO18', to 'Nnewi1stSon' to this present one where i supported Obi. I wont reply your vile language, because last i checked you were married with kids, so i presume you're older than me, i'll give you that respect. wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 14, 2013
chukwudi44: The OP is an APC e-warrior masquarading as an igbo man.Check his post history .

@berem

You are a disgrace to igbo women (that is if indeed you are one).The fact that someone married from another tribe does not mean the person should forget is/heritage.

So you mean to tell that igbos are now the one lazy ones depending on FG while the yorubas are hardworking abi? What has the FG over the ages done for igboland compared to the massive FG investments in yoruba land over the years
You are very stoopid for making that comment! Don't ask me why. Call me whatever you like, I don't give a phuck!!

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 14, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Berem you can insult me all you like buh that wont stop me from telling you the truth, check my post history starting from 'INNO18', to 'Nnewi1stSon' to this present one where i supported Obi. I wont reply your vile language, because last i checked you were married with kids, so i presume you're older than me, i'll give you that respect. wink
yes I am far older than you. Respect is reciprocal. If you respect me,I will do the same.
Now back to the topic..... cool
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: you forgot NAUTH nnewi.the east needs one more federal teaching hospital in the imo/abia axis.
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: You are very stoopid for making that comment! Don't ask me why. Call me whatever you like, I don't give a phuck!!
you are seriously uncultured.look at the type of language a 'lady' is using on an online forum.pity! The true character of a person is the way he or she behaves when no one is watching.you have a right to your opinions but you dont put them across with civility and diplomacy.think about it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: Arrant nonsense!! All I see is completion bla bla bla bullshit!! Which one did he start? He will not take glory for the projects started by a previous administration. He should do something he will be remembered for in the southeast. No second niger bridge, no vote from southeast come 2015!
An expected seizure induced post from a notorious Buhari slave.

It is only a FOOLISH AND WICKED leader that will concentrate on starting new projects when he or she inherited 17,000 uncompleted/abandoned projects, some of which were started in the 80's and beyond. Thank God President Jonathan is neither WiCKED NOR FOOLISH.

Meanwhile, if your seizure had allowed you to read my post carefully, you would seen some new projects on the list.

5 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Abagworo(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: Arrant nonsense!! All I see is completion bla bla bla bullshit!! Which one did he start? He will not take glory for the projects started by a previous administration. He should do something he will be remembered for in the southeast. No second niger bridge, no vote from southeast come 2015!

Berem I disagree with you on this. Continuity is part of what makes a good government. I criticized Rochas heavily for deliberately abandoning the Owerri ring road project just because he doesn't want Ohakim to take credit for such a nice idea. It is one of the worst decisions ever made by Rochas. I'm glad however that he has recently commenced work on it even though I got information he fell out with the contractor handling the flyover over accountability related issues and fraudulent inflation which lead to his decision to use roundabout as a temporary measure.

I score Jonathan high on continuity especially in the power sector but zero on ethnic and Religious tolerance which is the reason Nigeria is at this unnecessary threshold. His aides preach tribalism and openly use same when addressing key sensitive issues like corruption and electoral fraud.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: you are seriously uncultured.look at the type of language a 'lady' is using on an online forum.pity! The true character of a person is the way he or she behaves when no one is watching.you have a right to your opinions but you dont put them across with civility and diplomacy.think about it.
what language? Because I said "phuck"? Stop being a hypocrite! You need to start getting ready for your suicidal note. I will be using that word often as possible. You'll be reading more of it from my comments. If you're not happy with it,get your account deactivated or you dive into Imo River. grin tongue
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by IGBOSON1: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2013
berem: I can't recall if he made any promises to the Southwest. Besides southwest are not too over dependent on the federal government as we the southeast are. I am telling you if the Niger bridge were to be in the SW, the governors of the states would put heads together and build a second niger bridge. I am not bothered if Jonathan isn't doing anything for other region. He made the promises to the Igbos. He should fulfill it!! angry

What's with the new tactics of defending Jonathan's incompetence by saying "he is the president of the whole country"? It sounds crazy!!

^^^At bolded: Utter rubbish!

If the South West are less dependent on the centre than the South East, and could have built the 2nd Niger Bridge on their own if it was in their region.......if this is the case, then why didn't they rebuild the Lagos-Ibadan highway?; why didn't they offer to finance the planned Lagos-Ibadan high speed rail line?; why was MMIA left to rot until this administration started refurbishing it, and awarded contract for a brand new terminal?

Lagos is the nations centre of commerce and industry, and has been the cosmopolitan melting pot for ALL Nigeria for decades now, and hence has been able over the years to have a comparatively much better financial position than other states in the country; everything has been skewed in its favour for years, and it's only with this present administration that other regions/states are getting a look in! So don't yarn rubbish!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Nigeria And Southern Nigeria Aren't Mates / See Our Interior Minister Standing Like A National Flag (picture) / My Prayer For Those That Supported Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.