Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup (11917 Views)

Flying Eagles Are The Winners Of The African Youth Championship / Revealed: Why Super Eagles Lost Against Congo On Saturday / Christian Chukwu - "Super Eagles Are Inexperienced" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
obeski13: I am not surprised at moses's predicament at liverpool..moses is never a team player.that was why chelsea coach dispensed wit him.he is too individualistic and his final pass is a let down.

LOL he almost made an asisst today and was only on the field for 3 mins. flanningan's leg didn't get to the ball
Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by obeski13(m): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
I like ur submission and d strengths of mikel u highlighted..my problem wit mikel is his effectiveness in d role he is being played.yes he has d highest pass accuracy in d team,but how effective are those passes...mikel is not my type of player in d midfield.i will rather go for a combative player, who goes for d tackles, cover up or help his colleagues and quickly transit frm defending into attacking.
Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by omar22(m): 1:26am On Dec 16, 2013
safarigirl: Didn't we play Uruguay at the Confeds? They won by a slim margin, save for Ideye, the other strikers were home based, abeg don't mention Uruguay, on a good day with our best strikers: Suarez for Emenike, Forlan for Ameobi/Nsofor/Dike, Uruguay can't win us

Look its my opinion!

slim or no slim they (Uruguay) still beat us, its called maturity! a matured team will play badly and still win, an inexperience and immatured team will play very well and still loose, its a fact of football. Ask Ghana? They had the semi's in their sight but lost it ask why . Comparing Ameobi/Nsofor/Dike is an Insult to the best player of the last world cup! Comparing Emenike to Suarez common, I know your patriotic but please they are not in the same class.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by Jiggaman101: 3:20am On Dec 16, 2013
omar22:

Look its my opinion!

slim or no slim they (Uruguay) still beat us, its called maturity! a matured team will play badly and still win, an inexperience and immatured team will play very well and still loose, its a fact of football. Ask Ghana? They had the semi's in their sight but lost it ask why . Comparing Ameobi/Nsofor/Dike is an Insult to the best player of the last world cup! Comparing Emenike to Suarez common, I know your patriotic but please they are not in the same class.

Thank you I guess I am not only person thinking this. Nigerian make emeinike out to be the next coming of didier drogba or eto. Please he is nothing special

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by Generalzod(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2013
Yes,as a nigerian, I 'd. Like to believe we will do very well..but as a football fan, I am 99% certain we need more than optimism from the fans and players to win the world cup..if u are a very keen observer of the game,u'd notice that the eagles grind up results from one moment individual brilliance,most often than from cohesive play-this is not entirely bad,it just shows that team is yet to "jell".Also noticed hw attack against us is seldom thwarted In the midfield--instead we rely on the golie.timely clever defensive play and a wasteful opponent(trust me you won't meet a lot of them at d world cup)--if u are honest with ursef u will agree with me dat the italians were wasteful dat night, and even more annoying and disturbing,was the italians obvious superior ball possession(something the Azzuris aren't particularly known for). BOTTOMLINE--work on dat defence (2)good cohesive play(aside our impressive attacking disposal,let us learn to retrieve the ball b4 it gets to our box (3) a central attacking midfielder is needed ASAP(I can think of none now and MBA seems to be inadequate at the moment...pls,don't work on the team and keep on believing in the "nigerian spirit",just like a writer for goal.com puts, you would only go their to entertain with our "once-in-a-while"dribbling,rather than make a significant impact.. Sorry 4 the errors,typing with a phone.
Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by Manutd19: 7:46am On Dec 16, 2013
Add the T.B Joshua factor and we are good to go
Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:37am On Dec 16, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Thank you I guess I am not only person thinking this. Nigerian make emeinike out to be the next coming of didier drogba or eto. Please he is nothing special
same way you guys worship Gyan abi? One of your clowns even said Gyan is as good as eto'o and drogba, if we follow that logic then Emenike who is better than Gyan must be as good as Suarez

@Omar, I already said it- Emenike is as good as Suarez. Since you claim rights to an opinion, I do same, if you don't like my opinion, that's your cup of alomo
Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by omar22(m): 10:39am On Dec 16, 2013
safarigirl: same way you guys worship Gyan abi? One of your clowns even said Gyan is as good as eto'o and drogba, if we follow that logic then Emenike who is better than Gyan must be as good as Suarez

@Omar, I already said it- Emenike is as good as Suarez. Since you claim rights to an opinion, I do same, if you don't like my opinion, that's your cup of alomo

Look I didn't insult you, so please make your point without hurling cheap shots, its a forum for God sake!

1 Like

Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by naijanoni(m): 11:13am On Dec 16, 2013
Jigga_man101:

No way emenike is as good as suarez or drogba or etoo(in their prime),but he is far better than gyan.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by naijanoni(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2013
omar22:

Look I didn't insult you, so please make your point without hurling cheap shots, its a forum for God sake!
Huh ?.Where is d insult in this comment ? :-
safarigirl:

Re: Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup by naijanoni(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2013
Aubameyang and Emenike are arguably the two best strikers in africa currently.
The likes of drogba and etoo are past their prime.Drogba and emenike play in d same league and emenike has scored more goals and provided more assists than drogba this season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala Scores A Brace As Barca Beat Deportivo 6-1. / Super Eagles AFCON 2023 provisional squad reportedly leaked / ESPN Ranks Oshoala Top African Female Player In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.