Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) (27901 Views)

Breaking News: Shoprite Ikeja Sealed !!! / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / 10 Types Of People You'll Probably Meet At Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
donodion:
ok then,il play with you for a while since thats what you asked for.
You see years back when your mama excreted you,as a result of her been repeatedl sodomized by your drunk uncle,and i refer to the eldest,she knew you would end up like this.

You started with stealing sweets,coming home with pencils and materials which never belonged to you,taking things which you didnt earn but wish for them at all cost.
you further graduate to taking panties off line to wear to parties you were never invited to but to see if any available potential boyfriend,and i also refr to those boys from farm, could take you out for a while,with some cash to spare.

Your mama should have taken you to a prophet for most probably river bath,but she ended up taking quick rounds for free in the name of deliverance. Obvious,its your destiny to be a thief and N20-a-round call girl and blaming your situation on Na so Naija be.

Now do you want me to give you more.........or you are ready to behave.When next you see my handle DonOdion..think well before posting.

Its your call kleptogirl.
your fuvcking mom also got sodomized na undecided you are just talking trash,can't believe you wrote something as long as this b'cos you want to pass a message across which you ended up messing your sorry Ass I feel sorry for you bruv tongue Go get a life!
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by donodion(m): 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Beesluv:

Hehehehe, u got me laughing. *No be today sef*
Enjoy your weekend my bro...but shine ya eye o...all this small small smiling gals for cashier been get different agenda as we dey see am so.Peace to all.Im out cool

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Naijamericana: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
touchmeder:

Yet one of the most spiritual folks you will see around the corner. Rows of churches on every street corner yet they condone corrupt practices and yahoo yahoo. See people saying they didnt cheat the op. Una get sense so?
If the business is constantly suffering losses and not making ends meet, prices would go even higher. Who will pay these higher costs? Is it not you and me? If the business suddenly packs up today because it is not making profit is it not the same thieving cashier that will be out of a job?

Please don't support evil, you curse the politicians, touts, your boss, the greedy kidnapper, armed robber etc
But you are stealing yourself or supporting the small thieves saying ''make poor man chop''.
See so called babes blabbing rubbish on the thread. You are the type that will deck up and steal a phone if someone mistakenly forgets it near you.
I dont blame some of these people sha, we have grown used to so much rubbish and seeing practices like these as normal. NO IT IS NOT NORMAL

Most Nigerians pray to the "Naija god"

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by biodunid: 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
I don't think she is. I took one look at her profile....

Aigbofa:

Unbelievable. I think you must be joking sha.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Naijamericana: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
So many phuking churches, and so religious yet here we are talking about industrial scale corruption.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by SWG1: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Olugbenger: Op, you are wicked for exposing this. You are spoiling some poor folks source of income even when you claim to be very rich. embarassed embarassed
FYI she is paid salary, so thats not source of income but source of more poverty, corruption and curses to her. For the sake of our country our future and especially our next generation, we should call wats evil an evil and shun every form of corruption.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by biodunid: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Actually its a global problem (remember that is what Ibori and his wife got up to when he was a cashier in the UK?). Naija's case is just worse because of the impunity and flagrant nature.

funkybaby:

You seriously need to shut it.

People doing similar jobs (and worse) in malls in Europe get paid minimum wage (which is peanuts) while their bosses earn hundreds of thousands and declare huge profits every year. Yet, you do not find such people stealing from their bosses or expecting tips from customers.

You need to change your entire orientation and outlook to life/career.

If your type gets a bank job, there's a 99percent chance that you will carry out a bank fraud if you have the slightest opportunity.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Naijamericana: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
The Nigerian god is one. It may have many different manifestations, but it is essentially different sides of the same coin. Sometimes, adherents of the different sides may fight and kill each other. But Nigerians essentially follow the Nigerian god.

This article is for all those who want to become better worshippers. If you are a new or prospective convert, God will bless you for choosing the Nigerian god. This is just how you must worship him.

First, you must understand that being a worshipper has nothing to do with character, good works or righteousness. So the fact that you choose to open every meeting with multiple prayers does not mean that you intend to do what is right. The opening prayer is important. Nothing can work without it. If you are gathered to discuss how to inflate contracts, begin with an opening prayer or two. If you are gathered to discuss how to rig elections, begin with a prayer. The Nigerian god appreciates communication.

When you sneak away from your wife to call your girlfriend in the bathroom, and she asks if you will come this weekend, you must say—in addition to “Yes”—“By God’s grace” or “God willing”. It doesn’t matter the language you use. Just add it. The Nigerian god likes to be consulted before you do anything, including a trip to Obudu to see your lover.

When worshipping the Nigerian god, be loud. No, the Nigerian god is not hard of hearing. It is just that he appreciates your loud fervour, like he appreciates loud raucous music. The Nigerian god doesn’t care if you have neighbours and neither should you. When you are worshipping in your house, make sure the neighbours can’t sleep. Use loud speakers even if you are only two in the building. Anyone who complains must be evil. God will judge such a person.

Attribute everything to the Nigerian god. So, if you diverted funds from public projects and are able to afford that Phantom, when people say you have a nice car, say, “Na God”. If someone asks what the secret of all your wealth is, say, “God has been good to me”. By this you mean the Nigerian god who gave you the uncommon wisdom to re-appropriate public funds.

Consult the Nigerian god when you don’t feel like working. The Nigerian god understands that we live in a harsh climate where it is hard to do any real work. So, if you have no clue how to be in charge and things start collapsing, ask people to pray to God and ask for his intervention.

The Nigerian god loves elections and politics. When you have bribed people to get the Party nomination, used thugs to steal and stuff ballot boxes, intimidated people into either sitting at home or voting for you, lied about everything from your assets to your age, and you eventually, (through God’s grace), win the elections, you must begin by declaring that your success is the wish of God and that the other candidate should accept this will of God. It is not your fault whom the Nigerian god chooses to reward with political success. How can mere mortals complain?

The Nigerian god does not tolerate disrespect. If someone insults your religion, you must look for anyone like them and kill them. Doesn’t matter what you use—sticks, machetes, grenade launchers, IED’s, AK47’s.

The Nigerian god performs signs and wonders. He does everything from cure HIV to High BP. And the Nigerian god is creative: he can teach a person who was born blind the difference between blue and green when the man of god asks, and he can teach a person born deaf instant English. As a worshipper you must let him deliver you because every case of sickness is caused by evil demons and not infections. Every case of barrenness is caused by witches and has no scientific explanation. So instead of hospital, visit agents of the Nigerian god. But the Nigerian god does not cure corruption. Do not attempt to mock him.

If you worship the Nigerian god, you are under no obligation to be nice or kind to people who are not worshippers. They deserve no courtesy.

The Nigerian god is also online. As a worshipper, you are not obliged to be good or decent on Facebook or twitter all week except on Friday and Sunday, both of which the Nigerian god marks as holy. So you may forward obscene photos, insult people, forward lewd jokes on all days except the holy days. On those holy days, whichever applies to you, put up statuses saying how much you are crazy about God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
stagger:

It is people like you that come to Shiloh to steal and then carry curses down their family lines. God help you not to ever work in any of my companies. You would be strolling your village streets with madness.
shallow minded fellow! You and your generation are the ones that will be cursed. Which stupid unprogressive and hopeless company do you have self? Fool
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by biodunid: 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
She is real. Check her profile. Character is like smoke....

Caracta:

Are you for real? I've been reading your comments. Oh God!!! Is there still hope for this country? This is heart-breaking! People like you make stealing a profession. Honesty is a virtue.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by donodion(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: your fuvcking mom also got sodomized na undecided you are just talking trash,can't believe you wrote something as long as this b'cos you want to pass a message across which you ended up messing your sorry Ass I feel sorry for you bruv tongue Go get a life!
Hehehe Opekhe.This fly wan yan, grin grin.Na who you feel sorry for?better look in your cheap mirror first young gal. Anyway i'll take it easy on you for now .When next you feel like insulting,look up the person's profile before typing.
So e pain you? Good.At least my message sank and you will curb your gutter vybe.If i start with you for just 30 mins...it will take you 30 years to completely erase from your memory. Stealing is bad.Stop it and don't ever encourage, verbally or otherwise.Now be a good girl,run go get uncle Odion a cold drink for me to pray for you. grin grin
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by biodunid: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Which is why it is a waste of time asking God to save us from the thieves on top. Why should God intervene between two groups of thieves - the ones on top and the ones below? All I expect from Him is swift but hopefully merciful justice.

Caracta:

It's shameful. There is no hope for Nigeria. We made Nigeria what she is today...not just the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by biodunid: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
I was unwittingly exposed to the risk of being caught by the security fellow for leaving the store with unreceipted goods. You think the cashier would have owned up if I said she took money without receipt? The store needs to put up bold signs on collecting receipts for all purchases to save others like me from such a hazard. In the heat of the moment the average person doesn't think through the legal implication of the transaction.

Beaf!:
It is NOT you they scammed. It is their employers!

The OP is putting it as if it he/she that was 'scammed'. We will observe this and report to the management for it is a bad habit not because we are being scammed?
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by biodunid: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
Those might her with her employees o. You know say na different kinds of 'work' dey...

oyb:

I have gone through your profile so you can stop forming employer of labor/ biz person

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by herkeym001(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Olugbenger: Op, you are wicked for exposing this. You are spoiling some poor folks source of income even when you claim to be very rich. embarassed embarassed
i support your comment, e go better for you.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
donodion:
Hehehe Opekhe.This fly wan yan, grin grin.Na who you feel sorry for?better look in your cheap mirror first young gal. Anyway i'll take it easy on you for now .When next you feel like insulting,look up the person's profile before typing.
So e pain you? Good.At least my message sank and you will curb your gutter vybe.If i start with you for just 30 mins...it will take you 30 years to completely erase from your memory. Stealing is bad.Stop it and don't ever encourage, verbally or otherwise.Now be a good girl,run go get uncle Odion a cold drink for me to pray for you. grin grin
you are a fool! Who do you want to take it claim with? I guess you don't even know what you have bargained for undecided idiotic morron
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
As a country, what do we need to do to end this corruption? It has really eaten deep into the fabric of our lifes. In the joint where I relax, sometimes I pay more than double "of their quoted price. The moment I found out, I became furious. Our leaders need to start with good examples and others will follow
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by chinwewale: 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Na lie! No be joke!!!! U're a Criminal and U spoke ur Mind! angry..
Olugbenger: The folks quoting me should STFU. angry

Do i have to state it's a joke?

grin grin grin
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by GentleFrank(m): 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks for the information !
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by andyanders: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: OP that is where cashiers get their money from,I have worked as a cashier before. You are very wicked trying to expose her and if they sack her what benefit will it be to you. If a product bought is scanned it will reflect in the invoice but if the product is not scanned it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and that is where cashier see their own money from. So they feel it is better not to scan the product so that it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and the money is theirs b'cos you can't scan a product that has already reflected in the invoice and take the money,they will have shortage of cash and the money will be deducted from their salary. So the trick is don't scan a product and it won't reflect in the invoice and the money is yours without you having any form of shortage.

You are a disgrace and a contradiction to human history. You are a thief and I believe that you are a product of a family that steals.
In fact, woe to the womb that gave birth to you. Eddiot.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by cacius: 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
hollandis:

what is Almond that it should cost 2500 ? 20 dollars .Isn't that scam itself .Why would you pay for an inflated price .Is it not almond .BTW what do you mean almond ..is it the nuts or what .You mean you bought a 20 dollars worth bag of almond ..Is that not sickening? sad
Oh shut the h.ell up already. Don't u know almond nuts are not produced in Nigeria? Beside Almond nuts are expensive even in Europe so leave the op alone. It might be cheap in detroit but Its expensive else where.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by andyanders: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by andyanders: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe:

https://www.nairaland.com/1552387/wrong-reject-money

Look at your post,. How come you posted this and look at your comment here.Are you not a contradiction? Why must a man not act the way he wanted on a person like you. You must have been stealing his money.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
andyanders: arcbabe:

https://www.nairaland.com/1552387/wrong-reject-money

Look at your post,. How come you posted this and look at your comment here.Are you not a contradiction? Why must a man not act the way he wanted on a person like you. You must have been stealing his money.

fools like you makes me wanna log in to nairaland all the time just for me to keep laughing knowing how stupid you are. What you wrote contradict what I posted cheesy
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
andyanders:

You are a disgrace and a contradiction to human history. You are a thief and I believe that you a product of a family that steals.
In fact, woe to the womb that gave birth to you. Eddiot.
hahahahhaaha go and die if he pain you. Gosh grin
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by dohyn(m): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
Something similar happened to me this morning..I got to Ibadan around 7pm yesterday and decided to stay at hotel influential,close to premier hotel.. I was told that the room was 6500n,paid but wasn't given the receipt..On checking out this morning,I asked for my reciept but the receptionist who attended to me last night was not available.The manager then called him and he told the manager where he kept the reciept.. To my utmost surprise,the amount on it was 5000n.I told the manager and he showed me a copy of the hotel rates which indicated that truly,the room was 5k..The paper I was shown last night was laminated and when I mentioned this to the manager,he said that that was the old rate.He then tried calling th receptionist and another co-worker who was there when I checked in last night but their phones were switched off.. I waited for close to an hour but I made sure I got my money back.I do hope the guy is sacked because I'm pretty sure this is not the first time such would happen..Things like this hurt the business and eventually,the employees too.. @op,corruption is deep-rooted in the average Nigerian's DNA and reading comments of people like arcbabe makes one doubt that there's hope for this nation.

3 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by andyanders: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: fools like you makes me wanna log in to nairaland all the time just for me to keep laughing knowing how stupid you are. What you wrote contradict what I posted cheesy
You are a thief and a product of thievish family. You are here telling the public how you stole a shop dry and set up business and you have morals as a lady be talking rubbish.
Oleeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
Some people have no iota of dignity left; its disgusting!

@arcbabe, you're a perfect example of why it should be legal to exterminate idiots
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Fajzay: 12:14am On Dec 16, 2013

What trash are you spewing out? Is the cashier not being paid her monthly emoluments? This is where our problem lies in this country, yet we are quick to criticize those stealing funds in govt while we encourage those that operate on a smaller scale. Yet, the young shall grow, these cashier kinds would graduate one day and steal more or are u one of the cashier culprits
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Fajzay: 12:17am On Dec 16, 2013
arcbabe: OP that is where cashiers get their money from,I have worked as a cashier before. You are very wicked trying to expose her and if they sack her what benefit will it be to you. If a product bought is scanned it will reflect in the invoice but if the product is not scanned it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and that is where cashier see their own money from. So they feel it is better not to scan the product so that it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and the money is theirs b'cos you can't scan a product that has already reflected in the invoice and take the money,they will have shortage of cash and the money will be deducted from their salary. So the trick is don't scan a product and it won't reflect in the invoice and the money is yours without you having any form of shortage.

Where cashiers get their money from Seriously ... Thieves!!!
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Fajzay: 12:23am On Dec 16, 2013
ewizard1:

Non Alcoholic Beer? Where that one dey? Whats the name of the Beer. Lets see!!!
Lots of non-alcoholic beers in the market na ... The latest on the block now is the Non-Alcoholic red wine (first of its kind for Red-wine). Its called Herty Wines!!!
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Ilekokonit: 12:29am On Dec 16, 2013
If Nigeria had more people willing to expose corruption (at all levels) like this poster has just done then maybe our redemption as a nation will be hastened.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uber May Just Have Presented Nigerian Banks With A Sweet Deal / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / Tony Elumelu Yoga Workout (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.