Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52238 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C: I thought the bible also said honour your father and mother,
But dat is a clear injunction or command frm God...Jesus has never given such comand abt his mther and dis can only wk wen they(parents)are still alive. For example many pple went to south Africa to see Nelson Mandela and pay respect to him wen he was alive but now he is dead, anybody dat keeps his pictures in his room honouring him and paying respct to him as regarded to his positive contributions is mad...so iif mary is alive now, we will respect her,honour her,give her gifts and point at her as an example wen teaching d women....God can never share his glory wit anybody even d angels..u gat dat?

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
Why are you people fighting over imaginary friends and stories in a book written by Jewish cave men?

You all need to repent from your ways and realise God does not exist
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
nwajoshua: But dat is a clear injunction or command frm God...Jesus has never given such comand abt his mther and dis can only wk wen they(parents)are still alive. For example many pple went to south Africa to see Nelson Mandela and pay respect to him wen he was alive but now he is dead, anybody dat keeps his pictures in his room honouring him and paying respct to him as regarded to his positive contributions is mad...so iif mary is alive now, we will respect her,honour her,give her gifts and point at her as an example wen teaching d women....God can never share his glory wit anybody even d angels..u gat dat?
Not at all.
Jesus clearly made us understand Mary is our mother when he said to apostle John "behold your mother"

If I honour my mother when she is alive, I see no reason why I should stop that when she dies.

Alive or dead, she remains my mother.

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Why are you people fighting over imaginary friends and stories in a book written by Jewish cave men?

If GOD doesn't exist, that means you created yourself before you were born. If you die, what next?
you are just like a dead weed!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JENMAUCY(f): 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
Emusan:

Just a question pls
What will happen to those who didn't honour Mary?
. I don't think anything wil hapened to them because its a matter of choice .its just like when you don't feel like talking to somebody and mind your buisness
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
nwajoshua: But dat is a clear injunction or command frm God...Jesus has never given such comand abt his mther and dis can only wk wen they(parents)are still alive. For example many pple went to south Africa to see Nelson Mandela and pay respect to him wen he was alive but now he is dead, anybody dat keeps his pictures in his room honouring him and paying respct to him as regarded to his positive contributions is mad...so iif mary is alive now, we will respect her,honour her,give her gifts and point at her as an example wen teaching d women....God can never share his glory wit anybody even d angels..u gat dat?

All Glory belongs to GOD ALMIGHTY.
Who are the many peoples who went to see Mandela when He was alive. Instead, after He died, He was honoured than since He was Born even during his presidensy.
Dagrin's album was sold more after his death than when He was alive.
What of micheal Jackson? But all this are pleasure of the world.
JESUS CHRIST, died for the sins of the world, He was crucified, He decended into the underworld and took the keys of the graves from Mr. Death, rose on the third day, ascended to Heaven and He sitted at the Right Hand of the FATHER. He will come again in Glory, to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.
Those that witnessed His ressurectiom were not more than 30 followers, but now, billions are witnessing His ressurection.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Emusan(m): 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
JENMAUCY: [size=14pt]I don't think anything wil hapened to them because its a matter of choice.[/size] its just like when you don't feel like talking to somebody and mind your buisness

@bolded-But what if the choice is wrong in the sight of God? because the will of Man can't prevail against the will of God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
JENMAUCY: Pls fijiano, luk 1:42 down,when mary step into Elizabeth house what is the first word that came out from Elizabeth mouth? She asked who am I that the mother of my lord came to visit me? Why did she use lord instead of saviour? Am waiting....as for those saying that she is used and drop,what about what hapened at the wedding feast? What about the word on the cross? Go to john 19:26_27 and get back to me am waiting...
Darling an not against ur beliefs in anyway but Mary was only called Blessed before the birth of christ and was never called blessed after the birth of Christ i would like u to poing out any verse that states otherwise and Secondly i dont know whether ur from lagos or East but i understand that in the East if a lady whos pregnant with the kings Son come to ur house,there a certain respect giving to them due to the baby in their womb which is the prince and thats exactly what Elizabeth did,If you can prove me wrong then i may come to ur church for Next sunday service

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by taiocol: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Wake up
GeneralShepherd: Why are you people fighting over imaginary friends and stories in a book written by Jewish cave men?

they shuld repent and serve God nt jesus or mary.

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: The trinity is God the father,Jesus the son and the holy spirit,he said me and my father are 1 and with christain understanding the trinity is 1 cos the work hand-in-hand,my question why dont catholics refer to the Holy spirit as God or why cant you call Jesus as holy spirit? Or tell me mary is the mother of the holy spirit? dont be confused dude,the Father in Heaven is Different to Jesus and Jesus is diff from the Holy spirit
dude! THE FATHER is never different from the SON & the HOLY SPIRIT. They work together as ONE.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C: Not at all.
Jesus clearly made us understand Mary is our mother when he said to apostle John "behold your mother"
If I honour my mother when she is alive, I see no reason why I should stop that when she dies.
Alive or dead, she remains my mother.
pls dont mis-quote the bible,even though he said to his diciples that meet ur mother and mother meet ur son,He never said Worship her or Idolize her,at almost all church,most old women are always refered to as mother,am sure u have met some women who call u their child in churches

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Darling an not against ur beliefs in anyway but Mary was only called Blessed before the birth of christ and was never called blessed after the birth of Christ i would like u to poing out any verse that states otherwise and Secondly i dont know whether ur from lagos or East but i understand that in the East if a lady whos pregnant with the kings Son come to ur house,there a certain respect giving to them due to the baby in their womb which is the prince and thats exactly what Elizabeth did,If you can prove me wrong then i may come to ur church for Next sunday service
That's absolutely incorrect.
If GOD says, 'You are blessed.' that means you are blessed forever.
Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but the WORD OF GOD shall stands forever.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
Macelliot:
dude! THE FATHER is never different from the SON & the HOLY SPIRIT. They work together as ONE.
even though the work as one,They are totally different.Jesus was in heaven during Moses,Abraham,Elijah Era,those people worship only the God the father and God spoke directly to Moses and Elijah but during matthew,mark,paul and peter we worship God thru Jesus,the Clear difference between them was at the River when John the baptist wanted to baptize Jesus,God spoke from heaven-This is whom am well pleased in,Holy Spirit Came Down like a Dove and Decended on Jesus
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
Nso-nso:
@ fijiano202
Pls dear where is it written in d bible dat u are greater than d angels?
Don't mind him. Angels that stands in GOD'S presence, they are holy, but we are sinners. Only Jesus Christ can wipe away the sins of Men, so that we(men) can see GOD.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
Nso-nso:
@ fijiano202
Pls dear where is it written in d bible dat u are greater than d angels?
Don't mind @ fijiano202.
Angels that stands in GOD'S presence, they are holy, but we are sinners. Only Jesus Christ can wipe away the sins of Men, so that we(men) can see GOD.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Darling an not against ur beliefs in anyway but Mary was only called Blessed before the birth of christ and was never called blessed after the birth of Christ i would like u to poing out any verse that states otherwise and Secondly i dont know whether ur from lagos or East but i understand that in the East if a lady whos pregnant with the kings Son come to ur house,there a certain respect giving to them due to the baby in their womb which is the prince and thats exactly what Elizabeth did,If you can prove me wrong then i may come to ur church for Next sunday service
Luke 1V48 said "all generations will call her blessed"

All generation did not start and end within the nine months span of her pregnancy,

8 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
Macelliot:
That's absolutely incorrect.
If GOD says, 'You are blessed.' that means you are blessed forever.
Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but the WORD OF GOD shall stands forever.
Then why dont you worship Abraham,David or Joseph those are the people God also told they are blessed, why dont you refer to them as Blessed Joseph etc or did you forget Samuel mother or Esther or Ruth or Elizabeth

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
Luke 1: 48, all generation shall call me blessed. Read & tel who dt ws referrin 2

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: even though the work as one,They are totally different.Jesus was in heaven during Moses,Abraham,Elijah Era,those people worship only the God the father and God spoke directly to Moses and Elijah but during matthew,mark,paul and peter we worship God thru Jesus,the Clear difference between them was at the River when John the baptist wanted to baptize Jesus,God spoke from heaven-This is whom am well pleased in,Holy Spirit Came Down like a Dove and Decended on Jesus
what are you trying to tell me?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Then why dont you worship Abraham,David or Joseph those are the people God also told they are blessed, why dont you refer to them as Blessed Joseph etc or did you forget Samuel mother or Esther or Ruth or Elizabeth
Did God say all generations shall call dm blessed? Mind u we dnt worship mary,y is ur mind so set on ds,try take some correctn & try 2 b objectiv/open minded

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Then why dont you worship Abraham,David or Joseph those are the people God also told they are blessed, why dont you refer to them as Blessed Joseph etc or did you forget Samuel mother or Esther or Ruth or Elizabeth
Did samuel's death brought the salvation of man.
Abraham is the father of faith, but He doesn't died for the sins of men.
My man, please rethink.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C: Luke 1V48 said "all generations will call her blessed"
All generation did not start and end within the nine months span of her pregnancy,
shut up,God didnt tell mary that,mary Sang that,that was a song by Mary

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: shut up,God didnt tell mary that,mary Sang that,that was a song by Mary
At least b polite in your stupidity . Really Mary sang that? Get educated before trying to debate something you don't know . Jeez

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: pls dont mis-quote the bible,even though he said to his diciples that meet ur mother and mother meet ur son,He never said Worship her or Idolize her,almost all church,most old women are always refer to his mother,am sure u have met some women who call u her child
Whatever you take to mean worship or idolizing is total your opinion and understanding and you are free to believe what you want.

All I know is, Jesus said to his apostle who believed in him " behold your mother(Mary)

Rom8V29 made me understand that God forknow me and made me to be conformed to the image of Christ so as to be his brethren.

Since am his brethren, a joint heir with him, His father is my father and his mother is my mother.

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: even though the work as one,They are totally different.Jesus was in heaven during Moses,Abraham,Elijah Era,those people worship only the God the father and God spoke directly to Moses and Elijah but during matthew,mark,paul and peter we worship God thru Jesus,the Clear difference between them was at the River when John the baptist wanted to baptize Jesus,God spoke from heaven-This is whom am well pleased in,Holy Spirit Came Down like a Dove and Decended on Jesus
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
Macelliot:
Did samuel's death brought the salvation of man.
Abraham is the father of faith, but He doesn't died for the sins of men.
My man, please rethink.
let me rethink did Mary death bring us Salvation?Hell NO

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Proud of you guys.

To all my Catholic brethren here , please try to visit our home oo, your inputs will can always help a brother strengthen his faith. You did a wonderful job here cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics
^ here is our home, catholics only please

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pls, lets not be misguided. .

What happened in Luke 1, was the fact that Mary was use as vessel of honor. .

Lets not attached ourselve so much with the birth of Christ.

Christ death, has more significant in our life more than his birth.

The good news, is when he died, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom. . giving us access to God. .
Mt 27:51, Mrk15:38

Christ left us the helper, our advocate, intercessor. .
Jn 16:7, jn14:16-26

He, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us here on earth, and Jesus intercedes for us as He is seated by the right hand side of God Almighty.

Pls, leave Mary alone.. .

She is not immortal. . a spirit or whatsoever. .

If you make yourself available for God, by living a righteouse life, God wld use u, just like He used Mary. .

Thanks. . i pray that the spirit of knowledge and understanding come upon you all

11 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: shut up,God didnt tell mary that,mary Sang that,that was a song by Mary
You can keep away the insult and make your point.

If she sang it and so?

All the places where Paul clearly state his teaching is his personal view and not an instruction from God, have you tore them out from your bible? Don't you use them for teaching today?

It's only when it has to do with Mary that you guys begin to be strict with God's actual words right?

All generation will call her blessed and that's exactly what I do.

5 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
Macelliot:
what are you trying to tell me?
telling you as they are One as Trinity but Jesus aint God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
^ and you are ? Who are you to tell us what's important or more important and what's not?

Both events are important, if his birth wasn't important, God wouldn't send an Angel to announce, kings wouldn't come from all over the world to see him, we wouldn't celebrate it, notice that Christian don't celebrate his death , we are more focused on his birth and resurrection

This post is for kamura
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
But an Angel delivered the message. An Angel can not deliver a message without GOD'S authority.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Dunamis Speaks On Burning Of Traders’ Goods Along Abuja Airport Road / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.