Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52226 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JENMAUCY(f): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2013
blink182: You are so close to the light but have refused to step into it. All these added stuffs you Catholics do are remnants from eras when popes where highly placed disguised politicians, the church ought to review it's ways and follow the bible exactly.

This is the problem with christianity today, God owns it and has given us the bible to show us how to worship Him and even went further to provide the Holy Spirit to show us all things instead we will rather serve Him in our own concocted way.

Me lady how would you feel if you gave out instructions on how to get something done to a subordinate but the subordinate chooses to abandon your instructions and does it their own way? How would you feel? These are the things we do to God daily. Everybody practises Christianity to their convenience and not how God has asked.

Christians really need to open their eyes.
exactly as he instructed in john 19:27 dear
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2013
eameh30:
Its obvious that U don't have ears.... A catholic just told U they are honoring her and not worship her but U still insist on Ur fetish bliv.. That's y pipu like U fail exams. Ask God for the gift of understanding
u are dumb and stupid,check the time of that post and When does honouring Someone involves moulding a sculpture and worshipping it.Dont u honour ur MOM,why dont u build a sculpture of her and pray in her name

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Acidosis(m): 7:04am On Dec 17, 2013
nutty_hnic: Throughout the apostles ministration as recorded in the bible. Did they ever Hail Mary? They worked strictly with the holy spirit and the name of Jesus.

The truth is you aren't hailing any Mary instead you worshiping a pagan goddess.
and this is the bitter TRUTH

not some basic, sweet lies from a Nigerian catholic (who doesn't know a thing about his acquired Roman religion).

What more can be disgraceful & degrading than hear a so called christian say ANGELS are greater than HUMANS (Believers)? Lol
Whatever happens to the book of Hebrews 1:4-14.

If only these people can spend half the rosary and graven images 'time' with the word.

I only pity the 'Christians' who do not know the right and the wrong...
The lies here are too big to be digested grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by hikmoj(m): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2013
So d best way 2honour her is 2 make image &deify her?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2013
eameh30:
Who told U that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? Is it not Catholics? They brought U bible,they organised the bible... U ask Ur friends to pray for U,what more of Mary who is in heaven. Or don't U that when U ask Ur friends to pray for U,they are interceeding for U? Don't be blind. The bible said the prayer of an unrighteous person is an abomination in d face of God and dats y because we are all sinners, ask for intervention from pipu who are holy.... Don't let Ur fake assumption lead U somewhere or better still when U see us in heaven,drive us away that's if U will be there but I pray I see U there

GBAM!!!!!! u just hit d nail on d head . leave them they can't ask marry to pray for em but they can ask their sinful pastors g.o n mummy in d lord to pray for em . n dey still av the mouth to condemned catholics that they worship Mary .......PURE HIPOCRICY OF D HIGHEST ORDER

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by emmabest2000(m): 7:10am On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt immediately she step into her home,it doesn't mean that the angel or elizabeth is worshiping her rather they apreciate what she accepted to do...or did you forget that heaven and earth await her answer after the angel have delivered the message? Yes heaven waits to hear her answer and in verse 38 she said behold am the handmaid of the Lord be it done to me according to thy word...do you know what it means? Even the angel can't leave without hearing her opinion on the message..then in verse 43 ,elizabeth asked her who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? My dear friends the angel $ elizabeth greeting makes up the hail mary you people hear today...hail mary full of grace the Lord is with you(angel..luk 1:28 )...blessed aree you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (elizabeth luk 1:42 ) then the catholic church taking a look @ what happened at canna in that wedding feast,the role mary played in that miracle that takes place there decides to ask for her intercession not praying to hher! If she can intercede when she is not asked ,what did you think will hapen when she is asked to? She talked to her son and he oblige her on earth even when he is not ready to perform..or do you think Jesus is not aware that the drink has finished? That is where holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and till the hour of our death....
BLESSED MOTHER THE CAUSE OF OUR JOY .
God bless u my sister
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2013
splashbaby: No vex ooo...What is the meaning of that senseless hail mary stuff you guys recites more than the Lords prayers...is it not in a bid to get saved. If she can"t save like you said, what is the meaningless apparitions of Mary some senile people see all over the place. I no sabi english oo
nice question. Was i the one that formed hail mary. The 1st stanza is in the bible. About the apparition, she appears just like an angels 'cos God is a spirit and can't be seen by anyone. So, Mary helps.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 7:10am On Dec 17, 2013
hikmoj: So d best way 2honour her is 2 make image &deify her?

n u think its OK to make image of ur pastors
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Pyroxene: 7:16am On Dec 17, 2013
Christians!!!!!! Please enough of this argument. God hates it. Behold how good and pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity, If this talk want help u to OUR GOAL which is HEAVEN it is grossly irrelevant. We must grow above talking about things that won't take us a step close to heaven...HEAVEN is what all living humans should be bothered about and not whether u are catholic baptist deeper life penticostal orthodox presbyterian....... REPENT NOW YOU STILL CAN .

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2013
Djangocode: @OP

Why do Catholics believe in Purgatory??

Because nothing unclean can enter heaven.. And not all sins lead to death(hell)
.:

Why do they say Mary is the Mother of God.. Jesus and God, are they the same??
Jesus said "I am HE"
.:

Why do they confess their sins to a Mortal man who promises em forgiveness..
He breathed unto them.... "Whatever sins you forgive, are forgiven"
.:

Why is Mary more Respected and Referred to in their Teachings??
Because she is the ark of the new convenant..
.:

Why do they bow down to the Image of Mary??
There is nothing wrong in bowing to a fellow, it's even in your bible where man bow to man to serve God.
The highest form of worship and for God alone is the worship of offering sacrifices which catholic perform in the liturgy of the Mass.
.:

The Catholics do a lotta things that contradict the what's in the Bible.. The Spanish Inquisition was one of em, When the Pope ordered anyone who teaches any ish contrary to his own to be Butchered..
Where do you read your stories?
.:

Anywayz, who am I to Judge..
Good..judge not what you have no understanding of

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by thepo(m): 7:19am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: honestly all humans are greater than all angels,reason is we are created in Gods image

You tried a bit with your answer but here is d bible passage to further explain. Psalm 8:5 says God made man a little lower than angels(kjv) but the angel(hebrew) mentioned there originally in hebrew is elohim which is God. But d writer could not comprehend the power God bestowed on man. So David said God made man a lil lower than angels. You are greater than any angel. They are supposed to run errands for you because they are ministering spirits.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by abuaoyen(f): 7:20am On Dec 17, 2013
Religion is individual preference. If we Catholics have chosen to honor Mary, I don't y that should be an issue.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by babaglo79: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2013
how can mary pray for you when she is dead. the bible say only the living that praise GOD.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2013
victorlexa: nd I also wonder y d church accepts gay marriages nd odas... U wud always hear of gay ppl doin dia weddings der
lier! It's pentecostals and church of england(anglican) does gay marriage.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by swazee: 7:21am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: thank you for the Words of Wisdom,thats what have been trying to say..Since the death of christ we have seen seen great and holy Women.Jesus Christ death gave us life not marys death,Pls Catholics believe in God thru Jesus Christ Alone,Only Him can Save,stop worshipping Mary
we do not worship Mary we only "Honor" her. remember the wedding at canan (Jesus first miracle) he 1st said "my time has not yet come" but when Mary (his mother ) begged him he agreed. in dis instance Mary interceded for d hosts of the wedding cos dey we're stranded. do u tink Jesus wif have performed dat miracle if Mary did not beg him (I dint say was not there).. ...now in the rosary we say"....pray for us sinners...." this means "talk to Jesus for us (if he wont hear us because of our sins he will hear u because ur his mother ) exactly wat happened at d wedding in canan.. also imagine I come to ur house ur in d parlour with ur mother , I just enter and start talking to u without greeting your mother how will u feel
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by pweetymama(f): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
i read ur post and laughed.if u r as intelligent as u claim to be,u should look up d meaning of worshiping and honouring,which is exactly what d OP explained.Catholics honour mary and not worship.if Jesus listens and honours his mother's request,we believe that if his mother intercedes on our behalf no matter how great our sin is,Jesus will listen to our plea,just like d wedding at cana where she told him d wine was finished.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by iknopro(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given

Wow bro you've said it all, I love that, tell them.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by philkamby: 7:23am On Dec 17, 2013
Like apostle Paul wrote in 2TIM 2:20-21 quoted below '2Tim2:20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Tim2:21.If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work' mary was just a vessel for the assignment and thank God she was found faithful , bacuse the criteria was avirgin shall give birth, if Joseph had touched her she would have los the opportunity to be the vessels in God's hand.Likewise all of us have an assignment to accomplish for God and the earlier we realise it the better. Also in Act 1:13-14 quoted below mary was among the brethen waiting for the baptism of the Holy Ghost Acts1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Acts1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
So Mary was just a vessels and that was why she also waited and was abptised in the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by crox4gunners: 7:24am On Dec 17, 2013
Father forgive all dat posted comment on this wall, they know not wat they say and cleanse dem from all unrighteousness and use of tongue, amen
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by carexy(f): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2013
ure sooo on point letz go their.!!..Pls tell dem so dat their eyez wuld b open.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by thepo(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2013
I am sure with understanding we can get a whole lota tins cleared. Bible says honour your father and mother that you may live long...to honour is from the heart of man and its cumbersome for every child to start moulding images to honour their parents. But in d same vein...doctrines are drawn from inspirations. Therefore let Catholics be!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Acidosis(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2013
This is the Basic Truth for those that care to listen:

www.nairaland.com/1526708/what-hail-mary-catholics-say
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by equily(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2013
kolawaxxy: So because an angle said so you must honour her. Are you an angel?
plz where are u from, hv u been takin ur medicines?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by carexy(f): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
Thankz bro ure soo hittin d nail on d head.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by emecheboy2(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2013
My catholic brethren please I want you guys to stop arguing with all these our pentecostal brethren because you cannot compare a universal church that has gone through persecution, sanctification and purification for more than 2000 years to a church that is barely 60 years. A church with celebrated saints and religious martyrs compared to those that have none. Do they know that the catholic church design the church calender worldwide for others to follow. If there churches can do it, let them change 2014 Easter Sunday from April 20th.
Please and please you guys have nothing to prove to pentecostals because you make the rules.
They say you don read the bible, have they been to catholic church from monday to Sunday and see how the bible readings are? Tell them to check http://www.catholic.org/bible/daily_reading/ for daily bible readings.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by jesusontop: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2013
jesus himself said it that no one can come to the father only through him n yes mary is blessed but that doesnt mean praying to her
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Youngzedd(m): 7:32am On Dec 17, 2013
Empredboy: U dnt knw d bible. Jesus is God n dats y catholic cald mary mother of God. John 1:1
Don't ever say that again weti naa.
I am a roman catholic but this your argument didn't make sense at all. Na you give birth to your papa

Mary mother of God kwa.

Who created Marry

Jesus is already in existence before Mary mind you, because He is one of the trinity.

He only manifested himself to we humans through Blessed Mary because He should have a foundation, who to call mum and dad of this earth.
Still yet he created Joseph and Mary.

Mary is blessed and no man born of flesh can say otherwise.

Stop buying bulletin and read your bible.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by pweetymama(f): 7:33am On Dec 17, 2013
After going thru d posts on this thread,All i can say is "Lord,pls forgive their ignorance".
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by swazee: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2013
and for those of u dat said Jesus is not God or there is no Trinity.... in Genesis in the creation of man wat did God the father say..""LET US" make man in OUR own imagine and likeness"..... who was he talking to as he used d word "US".... it was not ur uncle or ur grandfather it was "God the son and God the holy spirit" ........if dey are (not were o cos dey r still one ) he wud have said LET ME make man in MY own image and likeness...also EMMANUEL means "God with us " not "God's son with us"......and why do u pray in the name of Jesus if he is not God ..........I want replies. am here to enlighten u ...ask
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Wan47(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2013
I never get into an argument wit sum1 I hav no respect for his opinion..... No1 here is willing to acept d odas opinion, u'll jst want to win. Ntin good cums out of NL xtain doctrines debate bt sin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Emma8043(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2013
berryldilty: take five jare
you too take five jare dancing azonto nd etighi with my arms spread out nd my tongue lash out

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Dunamis Speaks On Burning Of Traders’ Goods Along Abuja Airport Road / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.