Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52229 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:55am On Dec 17, 2013
@op The problem with you people is that you dont read your bible, you believe anything Tom and Dick tells you. 1) We shall judge the angels, angel Gabriel inclusive. See 1cor 6:3. 2) worshiping of craven image of any kind is a sin. see Exo 20:4. 3) we have only one mediator Jesus. see 1Tim 2:5. 4) the worship of Mary is a pagan worship refered to as queen of heaven that the roman introduce into christianity. see Jere 44:11-22.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by sirhamilton(m): 5:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eameh30: 5:59am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
Its obvious that U don't have ears.... A catholic just told U they are honoring her and not worship her but U still insist on Ur fetish bliv.. That's y pipu like U fail exams. Ask God for the gift of understanding
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Shegz4god(m): 6:01am On Dec 17, 2013
Jealous? Far from it.. We are all Christians and yes Mary was honored truly but that doesn't mean you ask her to intercede on your behalf.. Jesus said "I am the way,the truth and the life, no Man cometh unto the Father but through me. Mary can not save anyone. Only Jesus can save and he alone is the only way to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eameh30: 6:02am On Dec 17, 2013
MEGA4BILLION: @op The problem with you people is that you dont read your bible, you believe anything Tom and Dick tells you. 1) We shall judge the angels, angel Gabriel inclusive. See 1cor 6:3. 2) worshiping of craven image of any kind is a sin. see Exo 20:4. 3) we have only one mediator Jesus. see 1Tim 2:5. 4) the worship of Mary is a pagan worship refered to as queen of heaven that the roman introduce into christianity. see Jere 44:11-22.
Do U understand english? What's the difference between honor and worship? Clean Ur ears well, honor and not worship besides who gave U bible? Is it not catholic? Don't bite d hand that feed U
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lionspot(m): 6:06am On Dec 17, 2013
* sipping zobo* make them worship her nw. Make then honour am join too.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by skillzbae(f): 6:06am On Dec 17, 2013
grin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Donjcco(m): 6:08am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
God bless you, at last I found someone who understands the word of God. The Catholics you limits yourselves so low thereby subjecting yourselves to mortal human that was created by God instead of looking unto him for your salvations,,, so many to say,,,,,,,do you know that your popes are anti-Christs? My guy do some research and find out yourself don't let any man deceive you when u are not an illiterate....so many t
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eameh30: 6:10am On Dec 17, 2013
Shegz4god: Jealous? Far from it.. We are all Christians and yes Mary was honored truly but that doesn't mean you ask her to intercede on your behalf.. Jesus said "I am the way,the truth and the life, no Man cometh unto the Father but through me. Mary can not save anyone. Only Jesus can save and he alone is the only way to heaven.
Who told U that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? Is it not Catholics? They brought U bible,they organised the bible... U ask Ur friends to pray for U,what more of Mary who is in heaven. Or don't U that when U ask Ur friends to pray for U,they are interceeding for U? Don't be blind. The bible said the prayer of an unrighteous person is an abomination in d face of God and dats y because we are all sinners, ask for intervention from pipu who are holy.... Don't let Ur fake assumption lead U somewhere or better still when U see us in heaven,drive us away that's if U will be there but I pray I see U there
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eameh30: 6:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Donjcco: God bless you, at last I found someone who understands the word of God. The Catholics you limits yourselves so low thereby subjecting yourselves to mortal human that was created by God instead of looking unto him for your salvations,,, so many to say,,,,,,,do you know that your popes are anti-Christs? My guy do some research and find out yourself don't let any man deceive you when u are not an illiterate....so many t
My people perish for lack of knowledge..... Sorry for U. I pray God open Ur head to know d difference btw honor n worship. For calling the pope anti christ? God forgive U. The pope is d lineage of Simon Peter who is the 1st catholic pope.... Don't just open Ur mouth cos it will lead U to sin.. Tongue is death
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: Coming to the issue of image,its just like a picture you keep in to remember them...just like the cross,its for remembrance..bowing or genuflecting doesn't mean worshiping...just like the way you greet your elder...kneeling is stil sign of respect just as we do before our earthly elders or kings...why the fuss over hers? Many people don't even know about the mysteries associated with the rosary,infact they are the rosary itself...I mean the glorious mystery,the mystery of light,joyful and sorrowful mysteries. So I think we ought to give honour to whom its due. With due respect I rest my case
You are so close to the light but have refused to step into it. All these added stuffs you Catholics do are remnants from eras when popes where highly placed disguised politicians, the church ought to review it's ways and follow the bible exactly.

This is the problem with christianity today, God owns it and has given us the bible to show us how to worship Him and even went further to provide the Holy Spirit to show us all things instead we will rather serve Him in our own concocted way.

Me lady how would you feel if you gave out instructions on how to get something done to a subordinate but the subordinate chooses to abandon your instructions and does it their own way? How would you feel? These are the things we do to God daily. Everybody practises Christianity to their convenience and not how God has asked.

Christians really need to open their eyes.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Adeolakk(m): 6:20am On Dec 17, 2013
Let me just say that its sad to see christians with different views.

for my catholic friends, if i dont honour mary, does it make me hell bounds? I also have many doubts about the catholic doctrine. If it was so perfect, why are there pentecostal churches. Don't try to justify honouring mary. No one should be given half as much glory as God.

also you shouldn't be biased about this issue because you are a catholic. Its better to follow the word of God because being a catholic doesn't guarantee you heaven. We r told in d Bible to rightly divide the word of truth which means we shouldnt just cite a chapter in the Bible and start following it. Just Be wise because the devil has ways of distracting us
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eameh30: 6:20am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
U are not a christian, U are a muslim. No christian will say Jesus is not God because they knew of the trinity of 3 persons in one God. God the father,God the son and God the holy spirit, they are God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by mintyx(m): 6:25am On Dec 17, 2013
alotofgrace:

have u ever heard a christian named god? nope
a christian named jesus? nope
but we know mary...some mary are nice girls....others are ..i dont know what to call them...but they carry mary as mother MARY that u so honour
in ad...no religion is supreme...just know God spiritual and chemical properties personally.....

Guy the federal Government need to grant you a free visa to at least step out of the shores of these country and get exposed! Like seriously you dont know pple answer jesus?? smh
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Adeolakk(m): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2013
@mintyx, no one can bear JESUS CHRIST
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ElJay07: 6:32am On Dec 17, 2013
Catholics worship in blasphemy........just look at that new COKE Francis ABI NA POPE......always talking shit......the fool made an idiotic statement when he said 'GAYS CAN MAKE HEAVEN',....Someone please remind me why did God destroy Lot people?

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 17, 2013
Throughout the apostles ministration as recorded in the bible. Did they ever Hail Mary? They worked strictly with the holy spirit and the name of Jesus.

The truth is you aren't hailing any Mary instead you worshiping a pagan goddess.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JENMAUCY(f): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2013
okpara ugo:

Paul said, imitate me as i imitate christ.

Now you catholics imitate mary instead of christ himself. Abeg, man get enuf things to bother about...
that's what you think sweetheart but I don't think its so with catholics
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by olarkaycee(m): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2013
It is good to honour Mary but not to worsip, Mary was a vessel that God use to bless the world, but we can only worship God 2ru Jesus christ.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Adeolakk(m): 6:38am On Dec 17, 2013
@eljay07, true christians (even the pope) arent meant to compromise their faith for anything. The Bible condemned homosexuality more than twice. He should be straight with everyone and not beat around the bush with the issue
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by linearity: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2013
OP,You did a good job; but you might have drawn the wrong conclusion, because you did not take time to read the whole of Revelation chapter 12. You selectively picked some verses that played into your narrative and ignored the rest of the passage and details about the woman or other biblical parallel passages where the symbols Sun, Moon and 12 stars have been used to represent something else.

There are three theories about the identity of the Woman, some hold the view that the Woman represents Mary (note: the word 'represent' as in not literally); many others hold the view that the woman represent Israel and others indicated that; the woman represents the Church.

Even Pope Benedict does not hold your strong immovable views that the woman represents Mary and nothing else, as he also believe that the woman represents the Church...

Now back Revelation Chapter 12; try to inculcate these verses into your conclusion that, the woman is Mary in Heaven and see how your theory falls apart:

Rev 12: 6 "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

Note: that the 'thousand two hundred and threescore days' is the 7 years tribulation period on earth (Rev. 11:3) when the two witnesses from God will prophesy on earth. If your narrative is correct, which means Mary will not be in heaven during the great tribulation but will flee into the wilderness...I can see you recoiling from the facts stated here, because, it does not fit with the doctrine of The Assumption of the Virgin Mary into heaven.

Rev 12:13"And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

From these passage, it is clear now that this 'woman' was on the earth with Satan and Satan persecuted the woman, the woman was given two wings that she might fly into the wilderness to seat out the great tribulation. Then Satan was angry with the woman and made war with the 'remnant of her seed, which kept God's commandments and the testimony of Jesus Christ'

When you examine the whole passage in context, you begin to see that the woman might just be either Israel or the Church and her 'seed' is Jesus Christ the first-fruit of creation and the 'remnant of her seed' are the tribulation saints that Satan will persecute because of their testimonies for 7 years. Remember that before the tribulation, Jesus will come to rapture the Church and just like the woman, the Church will not pass through the tribulation but they will be safe for the 7 years. Also, remember that the woman will be 'feed' or 'nourished' for those 7 years, while the tribulation goes on...Also remember the marriage super of the lamb which will take place during the tribulation immediately before the second coming of Christ that will signal the end of the 7 years tribulation.

Finally, in his Book 'Jesus of Nazareth', volume 2; Pope Benedict XVI wrote and I quote:
"When the Book of Revelation speaks of the great sign of a Woman appearing in heaven, she is understood to represent all Israel, indeed, the whole Church. . . .

On the basis of the “corporate personality” model—in keeping with biblical thought—the early Church had no difficulty recognizing in the Woman, on the one hand, Mary herself and, on the other hand, transcending time, the Church, bride and mother, in which the mystery of Mary spreads out into history.

In August 26, 2006: Pope Benedict also said and I quote again:
"This Woman represents Mary, the Mother of the Redeemer, but at the same time she also represents the whole Church, the People of God of all times, the Church which in all ages, with great suffering, brings forth Christ ever anew"

Now, if the Pope who should be the greatest advocate of Catholicism in the world would not equivocally declare that the woman is indeed Mary and no other, you can see why myself a non-Catholic would not go out on a limb to say so and I will advice you toll the lines of the Pope and keep your mind open as well.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by mintyx(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2013
I also have to say this for those who are brainwashed to think dt death makes oone irrelevant.

"Death" for christians is just a mere transition! in lay terms, its just like someone leaving Nigeria to Stay in America permanently. In essence, the person is still "alive" but in another place.

This is the reason catholics asks "Saints" to pray for them. For those hypocrites waiting to bash me cos of this, it is the same way you ask someone like your mummy G.O in church to pray for you too! yes we catholics believe in the "communuion of saints". dont bother if that is too big for your head to grab.

So catholics are still the only ones doing the INSPIRED WORD "all generations shall call me blessed"

just a little addition.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Dec 17, 2013
*shaking my head for nairaland*

I have about 3 expository threads about Mary (The so called mother of 'god') and not even one graced the front page!
Now someone opened the thread of lies, fables and deceits, and immediately, the mods placed it for all to read and digest...

This time, it is WAR on Religion section moderators!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 17, 2013
@OP

Why do Catholics believe in Purgatory??

Why do they say Mary is the Mother of God.. Jesus and God, are they the same??

Why do they confess their sins to a Mortal man who promises em forgiveness..

Why is Mary more Respected and Referred to in their Teachings??

Why do they bow down to the Image of Mary??

The Catholics do a lotta things that contradict the what's in the Bible.. The Spanish Inquisition was one of em, When the Pope ordered anyone who teaches any ish contrary to his own to be Butchered..

Anywayz, who am I to Judge..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Crystal3214(f): 6:52am On Dec 17, 2013
it stil amazes me dat in dis century som pple dnt knw dey re greater than d angels.anyway sha d angels re d servants of God nd we re his sons nd daughters so pls be sure of wat u write b4 postin

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by mintyx(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2013
peedeeasobie: the bible said blessed are u among women not blessed are u above women.
The bible said blessed are u among WOMEN not blessed are u among women and men. read ur bibles well.
The only two people that eulogised Mary in the bible are Elizabeth (a woman) and Angel Gabriel (a messenger).
Angels are not higher than a Christian at all. the church is the body of Christ, if angels are higher than the church than they are higher than Jesus Christ.

Who gave the Angel Gabriel the message? God right? I rest my case
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by victorlexa(m): 6:54am On Dec 17, 2013
ElJay07: Catholics worship in blasphemy........just look at that new COKE Francis ABI NA POPE......always talking shit......the fool made an idiotic statement when he said 'GAYS CAN MAKE HEAVEN',....Someone please remind me why did God destroy Lot people?
nd I also wonder y d church accepts gay marriages nd odas... U wud always hear of gay ppl doin dia weddings der
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Crystal3214(f): 6:56am On Dec 17, 2013
[quote
author=eameh30]
Who told U that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? Is it not
Catholics? They brought U bible,they organised the bible... U ask Ur
friends to pray for U,what more of Mary who is in heaven. Or don't U
that when U ask Ur friends to pray for U,they are interceeding for U?
Don't be blind. The bible said the prayer of an unrighteous person is an
abomination in d face of God and dats y because we are all sinners, ask
for intervention from pipu who are holy.... Don't let Ur fake assumption
lead U somewhere or better still when U see us in heaven,drive us away
that's if U will be there but I pray I see U there[/quote] so ur tryin 2 say dat u dnt knw hw 2 ask God 4 4giveness or wat
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ramalot(m): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2013
smiley
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2013
Steve Penninho: Jux because u want to make ur point known, does dat mean that someone else is a fool. So fucking dogmatic, Catholic is d only church ordained by Christ in the Bible, jux in case u don't knw
where in the bible did Jesus ordained Roman Catholics
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 7:01am On Dec 17, 2013
victorlexa: nd I also wonder y d church accepts gay marriages nd odas... U wud always hear of gay ppl doin dia weddings der

You see how you lie? Which Catholic church wed gays?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Dunamis Speaks On Burning Of Traders’ Goods Along Abuja Airport Road / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.