Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52151 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kaybyte: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2013
Matigo: Are all images idols? No way. Are all idols images? Yes. We may have to be knowledgeable enough in the English language to make this distinction before we make baseless accusations. Moses made the bronze serpent? He also made the covenant box? I guess these were not images in your opinion. Or were they idols?
what makes it idols. Is bowing to it which God warned against in exodus:20:4 down. And catholics bowdown to this images which makes it idols.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nnamdifranc: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2013
Mftivi:
you dear you have succeeded in lying to yourself Mary is not your mum. Mary is dead and won't hear you Even if she is heaven . when you pray to her you are giving her the attribute of the omnipresent God . and don't say you tell her to pray for you. you pray to her to pray for you because its generally known that its through prayers that mortals talk to spirits though she can't hear you . you bow at her image you chant some jargon rosary to top it all you are so confused for saying that I loose benefits for not praying to Mary hahhha are you for real? read oxford definition of worship and read my comment again. don't hold to some jargon the word of God is okay don't add if it werent complete, he won't give it out yet to us cost He is not an author of confusion. You guys claim Peter was the first pope abi where did he talk about. honoring Mary and praying to her. God forgot to tell Him? mtchewww eternity is not a try and luck game be on the safe and sure side. don't mean u should com to my church I mean you should stick to Gods word and obey it.
hahaha... Pls dear i tink ure d one confused,u protestants are trying to insinuate that it is wrong for catholics to HONOUR Mary ,then i gave u an instance in d bible were God said we shuld HONOUR our parents,that waz to show u it waznt wrong to honour anoda being apart from God then ure sayin mary is nt my mother,..if God shuld tell me to honour my earthly mother,i dnt see any reason in any form y he (God) shuld be against me also HONOURIN the mother of his son Jesus christ wo is also God,if Jesus christ is my Lord and God,then his Mother Mary is also my mother but nt my biological earthly mother jst as u said but nw my heavenly mother jst as Jesus christ and God the father in d trinity are not my biological earthly father here on earth but my heavenly father,so dear Mary is my mother
And ure sayin she's dead,yes of course,she died wen she waz still on earth but her body waz taken to heaven,...and u also said she doesnt hear me even if she is in heaven,Do u hav a solid proof for that? No!..but me and other catholics wo pray to her to intercede on our behalf to her son knws she hears us and can proof that from some hapenings in d chuch e.g som of her apparitions[wich som Ignorant minded protestants attribute to satanic occurances witout even knwin the real hapenings and mesages she gave during those apparitions,anyway dat is nt realy wat we re sayin nw] nd also in our individual lifes as well..so she hears us and stop asumin and sayin wat u dont knw!
And mind u no catholic ever equates or compares mary to any person in God the trinity cos even mary hersef also adores and worships God in the trinity.

One thin protestants always fail and refuse to undastand is the diference between worshipin God and prayin to mary to intercede and beg God for we dat re still on earth...they think that weneva it is ''prayer'' or to ''bowin down'' then it is worship...
True and real worship entails both prayers,praises,adoration and most impotantly MAKING SACRIFICE
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nnamdifranc: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2013
Making sacrifice is an essential part of worship evidence of dat can be seen in most places in d bible...catholics offer living sacrifices to God in the holy mass wich waz folowed by the authority Jesus gave to his desciples in his last supper wit then and catholic priests can be traced from the line of the apostles... Protestants do not do this and their cos their pastors knw they canot be traced from the line of the apostles...if it is to be taken dat way,protestants are the ones wo do not even worship God in the suposed and true way

As for those askin were it is written in d bible dat mary shuld be honoured....u shuldnt expect to see everythin in d bible,its not everytin that hapend in d time of Jesus and even the apostles and early christians that are recorded in d bible,cos if it is all to be recorded down,i dont tink the book called ''bible'' can be portable as u guys see it 2day....
And besides,u shuldnt expect to see some thins exactly as it is nw to be written dat same way in the bible.,example- those wo believe in God the father,God the son and God the Holyspirit wich is the trinity,..tell me were is the word ''TRINITY'' writen in d bible? But we can clearly see the trinity exists at the baptism of Jesus at River Jordan..so for those wantin for everytin to be writen for them in d bible,is nt like dat
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Alphafrank: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nnamdifranc: hahaha... Pls dear i tink ure d one confused,u protestants are trying to insinuate that it is wrong for catholics to HONOUR Mary ,then i gave u an instance in d bible were God said we shuld HONOUR our parents,that waz to show u it waznt wrong to honour anoda being apart from God then ure sayin mary is nt my mother,..if God shuld tell me to honour my earthly mother,i dnt see any reason in any form y he (God) shuld be against me also HONOURIN the mother of his son Jesus christ wo is also God,if Jesus christ is my Lord and God,then his Mother Mary is also my mother but nt my biological earthly mother jst as u said but nw my heavenly mother jst as Jesus christ and God the father in d trinity are not my biological earthly father here on earth but my heavenly father,so dear Mary is my mother
And ure sayin she's dead,yes of course,she died wen she waz still on earth but her body waz taken to heaven,...and u also said she doesnt hear me even if she is in heaven,Do u hav a solid proof for that? No!..but me and other catholics wo pray to her to intercede on our behalf to her son knws she hears us and can proof that from some hapenings in d chuch e.g som of her apparitions[wich som Ignorant minded protestants attribute to satanic occurances witout even knwin the real hapenings and mesages she gave during those apparitions,anyway dat is nt realy wat we re sayin nw] nd also in our individual lifes as well..so she hears us and stop asumin and sayin wat u dont knw!
And mind u no catholic ever equates or compares mary to any person in God the trinity cos even mary hersef also adores and worships God in the trinity.

One thin protestants always fail and refuse to undastand is the diference between worshipin God and prayin to mary to intercede and beg God for we dat re still on earth...they think that weneva it is ''prayer'' or to ''bowin down'' then it is worship...
True and real worship entails both prayers,praises,adoration and most impotantly MAKING SACRIFICE
my friend......jst as the earth is far from the heaven so are our thoughts different from Gods thoughts,u can't use your tiny feeble mind to try and get a glimpse of Gods thought,was there any charge in the bible for u to honour mary ?,i guess u skipped the part of God being a jealous God...u say u honour mary but in reality you serve her,i don't put it on you cos you don't understand it,you just follow watever your infallible pope sayz,wich includes that it is only the pope and the council that are allowed to interprete the bible,the very same bible that virtualy all catholics call "a dead letter",if not by words then by deeds,what pains me the most is that Jesus clearly declared that all power here on earth and on heaven is given to him,wich he then proceeded to share with his disciples,ask anythin in MY NAME....catholics u realy can't understand bt how can u understand what u do not knw,start reading ur bible urself allowing the spirit to enlighten u..then and only then can anything be clear to you
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Alphafrank: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nnamdifranc: Making sacrifice is an essential part of worship evidence of dat can be seen in most places in d bible...catholics offer living sacrifices to God in the holy mass wich waz folowed by the authority Jesus gave to his desciples in his last supper wit then and catholic priests can be traced from the line of the apostles... Protestants do not do this and their cos their pastors knw they canot be traced from the line of the apostles...if it is to be taken dat way,protestants are the ones wo do not even worship God in the suposed and true way

As for those askin were it is written in d bible dat mary shuld be honoured....u shuldnt expect to see everythin in d bible,its not everytin that hapend in d time of Jesus and even the apostles and early christians that are recorded in d bible,cos if it is all to be recorded down,i dont tink the book called ''bible'' can be portable as u guys see it 2day....
And besides,u shuldnt expect to see some thins exactly as it is nw to be written dat same way in the bible.,example- those wo believe in God the father,God the son and God the Holyspirit wich is the trinity,..tell me were is the word ''TRINITY'' writen in d bible? But we can clearly see the trinity exists at the baptism of Jesus at River Jordan..so for those wantin for everytin to be writen for them in d bible,is nt like dat
there it is again,why should i want my lineage drawn from the apostles when it is directly linked to the savior himself,as many that were baptised into his death was also baptised into his life,2 pet 2:9,a choren generation a royal priesthood,as a priest what other sacrifice is best to God than urselves ?,what has that got to do with mass ?,rom12,as 4 the bible,yes nt everything is written therein,bt the mystries there is enough to keep u goin 4 an entire life time,the word of God has the final say,nt even ur so called pope...understanding makes the difference
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kennedyugo: 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Look at what these people
Vatican offers 'time off
purgatory' to followers of Pope
Francis tweets Papal court handling pardons for sins
says contrite Catholics may win
'indulgences' by following World Youth
Day on Twitter!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/16/vatican-indulgences-pope-francis-tweets
In its latest attempt to keep up with the
times the Vatican has married one of its
oldest traditions to the world of social
media by offering "indulgences" to
followers of Pope Francis' tweets. The church's granted indulgences reduce the time Catholics believe they
will have to spend in purgatory after
they have confessed and been absolved
of their sins. The remissions got a bad name in the Middle Ages because unscrupulous
churchmen sold them for large sums of
money. But now indulgences are being
applied to the 21st century. But a senior Vatican official warned web-surfing Catholics that indulgences
still required a dose of old-fashioned
faith, and that paradise was not just a
few mouse clicks away. "You can't obtain indulgences like getting a coffee from a vending
machine," Archbishop Claudio Maria
Celli, head of the pontifical council for
social communication, told the Italian
daily Corriere della Sera. Indulgences these days are granted to those who carry out certain tasks –
such as climbing the Sacred Steps, in
Rome (reportedly brought from Pontius
Pilate's house after Jesus scaled them
before his crucifixion), a feat that earns
believers seven years off purgatory. But attendance at events such as the Catholic World Youth Day, in Rio de
Janeiro, a week-long event starting on
22 July, can also win an indulgence. Mindful of the faithful who cannot afford to fly to Brazil, the Vatican's
sacred apostolic penitentiary, a court
which handles the forgiveness of sins,
has also extended the privilege to those
following the "rites and pious exercises"
of the event on television, radio and through social media. "That includes following Twitter," said a source at the penitentiary,
referring to Pope Francis' Twitter
account, which has gathered seven
million followers. "But you must be
following the events live. It is not as if
you can get an indulgence by chatting on the internet." In its decree, the penitentiary said that getting an indulgence would hinge
on the beneficiary having previously
confessed and being "truly penitent and
contrite". Praying while following events in Rio online would need to be carried out
with "requisite devotion", it suggested. Apart from the papal Twitter account, the Vatican has launched an
online news portal supported by an
app, a Facebook page, and it plans to
use the online social networking site
Pinterest. "What really counts is that the tweets the Pope sends from Brazil or
the photos of the Catholic World Youth
Day that go up on Pinterest produce
authentic spiritual fruit in the hearts of
everyone," said Celli.

Look at what these people believe!
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/16/vatican-indulgences-pope-francis-tweets
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Adeolakk(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
Catholics should read this http://mojidanisa2.com/2013/12/28/all-religions-are-true-adam-and-eve-a-fable-hell-is-a-mere-metaphor-says-pope-francis/

Remember, your church won't take you to Heaven
My dear that whole post is a complete lie. Nothing like 3rd vatican council took place and the pope and cadinals made no such comments
provide any vatican document on it if you think its true or laugh it off as the blogger's comedy and imaginations.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
These protestants sef na wa ooo with their lies?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
Catholics should read this http://mojidanisa2.com/2013/12/28/all-religions-are-true-adam-and-eve-a-fable-hell-is-a-mere-metaphor-says-pope-francis/

Remember, your church won't take you to Heaven
Video clip or it didn't happen. undecided
Mind you, if i didn't happen........lemme not judge. But remember touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by elimaxwel(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
according to Exodus 20 vs 3 to 5 says.you shall have no other gods b4 me vs 4.u shall not make to you any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in HEAVEN above or that is in the earth beneath,or that is in the water under the earth: vs 5.you shall not bow down YOUR SELF TO THEM nor serve them for i the lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the father's upon the children to the third and fourth generations of them that hate me.suppose you are a Catholic and you have been taught to pray to Mary the mother of God. can you find chapters and verses from the Bible emphasizing this truth? I will refer you to also read Deuteronomy 27vs15. I no you would say you are honoring and not worshipped but is it written any where in the Bible that you should honor Mary and don't worship? I would also like to let you no that this are all the doctrines of men and the dark kingdom deceiving the children of God into commiting sin so that at the end the promise that the devil made to God that he will not be in the dark room alone (he'll fire ).will be fulfilled.I beseech all Christians to please open their eyes to the truth and pray for forgiveness.if God wanted us to pray through Mary. it would have been stated in the bible.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by elimaxwel(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deglo514:
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Kruzilano(m): 3:30am On Jan 05, 2014
kolawaxxy: So because an angle said so you must honour her. Are you an angel?
dude lemme bilive u went tru sec sch.. If u pastor says u must fast. Wont u obey? AR U A PASTOR?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Kruzilano(m): 3:49am On Jan 05, 2014
elimaxwel: according to Exodus 20 vs 3 to 5 says.you shall have no other gods b4 me vs 4.u shall not make to you any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in HEAVEN above or that is in the earth beneath,or that is in the water under the earth: vs 5.you shall not bow down YOUR SELF TO THEM nor serve them for i the lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the father's upon the children to the third and fourth generations of them that hate me.suppose you are a Catholic and you have been taught to pray to Mary the mother of God. can you find chapters and verses from the Bible emphasizing this truth? I will refer you to also read Deuteronomy 27vs15. I no you would say you are honoring and not worshipped but is it written any where in the Bible that you should honor Mary and don't worship? I would also like to let you no that this are all the doctrines of men and the dark kingdom deceiving the children of God into commiting sin so that at the end the promise that the devil made to God that he will not be in the dark room alone (he'll fire ).will be fulfilled.
U ve answrd d 1st questn....d Same bible and God asked moses to create a golden serpent wen d children of isrealite were bitten by snakes, besides catholics dnt worship anoda God.. We av jez 1 who lives in heaven..... d same God sent his angel to her wit a goodwil msg. N.B. Dose were d word of God spoken tru d mouth of angel gabriel.. If God could honor her, who r u? U feel its easy to tk responsibities of a child, train him, watch im being wiped, kicked, nailed. JESUS went on to honour her even at his death bed(cross) by recognising her and kald he MOTHER.. Do u knw d emotional trauma she went tru at his death? She deserve it... How many women were mentiond in d bible? And as we al knw, nt everytin waz written in d bible...

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by paooxide(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Sal C: Oh I thought Heb2V7 said God made us for a while lower than the angels.

Don't be too fast, you are only going to be greater than the angels in the world to come.

For now, they are greater than you.

Lower than the angels there, means flesh . if u read further down I.e. Hebrews 2:9 . you. will see that Jesus christ waa also refered to as once lower than the angels .You are greater. than the angels because you were created in the image and likeness of God ..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:09am On Jan 05, 2014
paooxide:

Lower than the angels there, means flesh . if u read further down I.e. Hebrews 2:9 . you. will see that Jesus christ waa also refered to as once lower than the angels .You are greater. than the angels because you were created in the image and likeness of God ..
Created in the image of God without the flesh? Or don't you have flesh now?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by paooxide(m): 8:26am On Jan 05, 2014
kamura: Are you aware that of all the people that have met Jesus,

Peter
Mattew
Stephen
Mary the mother of Jesus
Mary Magdalene
Jeseph the carpenter
Zaccheus
Paul
Luke
Andrew
Batherlomen
Judas iscarot
James
John e.t.c

The Apostle Paul, the former Saul of Tarus, is who i respect and honor the most. . not even Mary or Peter. .

He wrote 14 books of the new testament

Roman
I Corinthians
II Corinthians
I Timothy
II Timothy
Titus
I Thessalonian
II Thessalonian
Galatian
Ephesians
Phillipians
Colossians
Philomen
and Hebrews. .

You can see, that the greatest person that ever lived in the dispension of grace. . . after Jesus Christ, was Apostle Paul. .

The reason, is that Christ is more concern about passing the message of his life, death and resurrection, to all lost souls. Anyone who believes, and baptized is saved. . .[not water baptism as a child or sprinkling of water, i mean water baptism by immersion] Not believing alone is condemnation. .

And nobody did it like Apostle Paul. . .

that is what you think . Others also wrote but could not be collected as part of the bible. this may be because of the sensitivity of its content or their works or testaments were lost down the ages . the vatican should have some . examples of this are the deutrocanonicals
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by paooxide(m): 8:41am On Jan 05, 2014
fijiano202: I dont care what ur catholie told you abt what paul wrote in the bible ,Paul Started with ACTS-ROMANS-1 AND 2 CORINTHIANS-GALATIANS-EPHESIANS.paul and Timothy wrote PHILIPPIANS-COLOSSIANS.Paul,Silas and Timothy Wrote 1 and 2 THESSALONIANS,Paul wrote to Timothy in TIMOTHY 1 AND 2,Paul to Titus in TITUS,Paul wrote to Philemon in -PHILEMON.Nobody no who wrote HEBREWS till date

All these books where not written for the bible back then , they were letters to the churches in those places mentioned above.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by paooxide(m): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2014
fijiano202: I dont care what ur catholie told you abt what paul wrote in the bible ,Paul Started with ACTS-ROMANS-1 AND 2 CORINTHIANS-GALATIANS-EPHESIANS.paul and Timothy wrote PHILIPPIANS-COLOSSIANS.Paul,Silas and Timothy Wrote 1 and 2 THESSALONIANS,Paul wrote to Timothy in TIMOTHY 1 AND 2,Paul to Titus in TITUS,Paul wrote to Philemon in -PHILEMON.Nobody no who wrote HEBREWS till date

All these books where not written for the bible back then , they were letters written by Paul to the churches in those places mentioned above. But now. selected to be part of the bible .
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Kruzilano(m): 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
paooxide:

so d angel were created in whose image? Urz, abi devils image? Abi dy av dia own image, abi no b im create em?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Alphafrank: my friend......jst as the earth is far from the heaven so are our thoughts different from Gods thoughts,u can't use your tiny feeble mind to try and get a glimpse of Gods thought,was there any charge in the bible for u to honour mary ?,i guess u skipped the part of God being a jealous God...u say u honour mary but in reality you serve her,i don't put it on you cos you don't understand it,you just follow watever your infallible pope sayz,wich includes that it is only the pope and the council that are allowed to interprete the bible,the very same bible that virtualy all catholics call "a dead letter",if not by words then by deeds,what pains me the most is that Jesus clearly declared that all power here on earth and on heaven is given to him,wich he then proceeded to share with his disciples,ask anythin in MY NAME....catholics u realy can't understand bt how can u understand what u do not knw,start reading ur bible urself allowing the spirit to enlighten u..then and only then can anything be clear to you

now i see why the letter lead to death but the spirit gives life.

You have manage to read the letter without understanding.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eduappollo(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your womb, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Shegz4god(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2014
eameh30:

Who told U that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? Is it not Catholics? They brought U bible,they organised the bible... U ask Ur friends to pray for U,what more of Mary who is in heaven. Or don't U that when U ask Ur friends to pray for U,they are interceeding for U? Don't be blind. The bible said the prayer of an unrighteous person is an abomination in d face of God and dats y because we are all sinners, ask for intervention from pipu who are holy.... Don't let Ur fake assumption lead U somewhere or better still when U see us in heaven,drive us away that's if U will be there but I pray I see U there
embarassed
eameh30:

Who told U that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? Is it not Catholics? They brought U bible,they organised the bible... U ask Ur friends to pray for U,what more of Mary who is in heaven. Or don't U that when U ask Ur friends to pray for U,they are interceeding for U? Don't be blind. The bible said the prayer of an unrighteous person is an abomination in d face of God and dats y because we are all sinners, ask for intervention from pipu who are holy.... Don't let Ur fake assumption lead U somewhere or better still when U see us in heaven,drive us away that's if U will be there but I pray I see U there
anoda lost sheep denying his Shepherd.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by mossy(f): 8:51am On Apr 01, 2015
JENMAUCY:
Coming to the issue of image,its just like a picture you keep in to remember them...just like the cross,its for remembrance..bowing or genuflecting doesn't mean worshiping...just like the way you greet your elder...kneeling is stil sign of respect just as we do before our earthly elders or kings...why the fuss over hers? Many people don't even know about the mysteries associated with the rosary,infact they are the rosary itself...I mean the glorious mystery,the mystery of light,joyful and sorrowful mysteries. So I think we ought to give honour to whom its due. With due respect I rest my case
..EXODUS20:4 Should really solve your problem of ignorance and please share wit others to save them..Catholics!!!..read your bible 4yourselves and dont just follow the *blind crowd..GOD DELIVER THE Catholic church..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 9:13am On Apr 01, 2015
mossy:
..EXODUS20:4 Should really solve your problem of ignorance and please share wit others to save them..Catholics!!!..read your bible 4yourselves and dont just follow the *blind crowd..GOD DELIVER THE Catholic church..
The same way all Pentecostal Christian termed the Catholic Church different names for withdrawing from the CAN(Christian association of Nigeria) the political arms of PDP...... They speaked against The Catholic Church because Fr. MBAKA criticized Jonathan and Supported Buhari....
Many Pentecostal Pastors prophesized that Jonathan would be declared winner, but unfortunately, he didn't. Buhari won....
SHAME ON YOU ALL, ANTI-CATHOLICS.....
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
Mary is like an envelope used to post letter (Jesus) into the world. Which one do you go for: envelope or letter (content)? Mary found favour before God, because Jesus would not have fallen from the sky. Mary said to the servants at Cana in Galilee 'whatever he(Jesus) tells you to do, do it'. Look unto Jesus (not Mary) the author and finisher of our faith.. (Heb 12:2). Mary was the mother of Jesus according to earthly birth, but is not his mother spiritually or in heaven. Remember Jesus created Mary. How can Mary now become the 'Queen' of heaven? Mary married Joseph and had other children aside Jesus, so how come she still has the title 'virgin' even today? Mary believed in Jesus and was among those that received the power of the Holy Spirit in the upper room. She died just like any other human being and was buried b/c no flesh and blood will inherit the kingdom of God. Roman catholics 'assume' that her body was taken to heaven, which cannot be traced from the Scriptures. The bible mentioned the names of people that were taken to heaven without dying: Enoch and Elijah and our Lord Jesus. I do not know why people sheepishly follow a particular doctrine without veryfing its authenticity from the Bible. Remember the Bereans would always go back home and search the Scriptures to know if what Paul (a great man of God) preached to them were actually true (Acts 17). Open your eyes wide so that you will not be deceived. May God help us!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Mary is like an envelope used to post letter (Jesus) into the world. Which one do you go for: envelope or letter (content)? Mary found favour before God, because Jesus would not have fallen from the sky. Mary said to the servants at Cana in Galilee 'whatever he(Jesus) tells you to do, do it'. Look unto Jesus (not Mary) the author and finisher of our faith.. (Heb 12:2). Mary was the mother of Jesus according to earthly birth, but is not his mother spiritually or in heaven. Remember Jesus created Mary. How can Mary now become the 'Queen' of heaven? Mary married Joseph and had other children aside Jesus, so how come she still has the title 'virgin' even today? Mary believed in Jesus and was among those that received the power of the Holy Spirit in the upper room. She died just like any other human being and was buried b/c no flesh and blood will inherit the kingdom of God. Roman catholics 'assume' that her body was taken to heaven, which cannot be traced from the Scriptures. The bible mentioned the names of people that were taken to heaven without dying: Enoch and Elijah and our Lord Jesus. I do not know why people sheepishly follow a particular doctrine without veryfing its authenticity from the Bible. Remember the Bereans would always go back home and search the Scriptures to know if what Paul (a great man of God) preached to them were actually true (Acts 17). Open your eyes wide so that you will not be deceived. May God help us!
shai, guy you are a very wicked soul oo!!, so you refer somebodies mother as an envelope, if you refer my mother as an envelope used to post me into this world, me and you will have a terrible showdown, if don't have respect for your parents and honour them, me I have full respect for my parents especially my mother, I honour them, even Bible said that if you honour your parents your life will be long on earth, I have pictures of my mother in my house, if you don't have atom of respect for your parents others have. Mary is the mother of Jesus, she deserve respect and honour, I am not religious but what is good is good and what is bad is bad, stop twisting issues
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by drnoel: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2015
fijiano202:
OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given

U really sound dumber that ur moniker. The OP hay already told u his mind and u are here spewing shit. I am catholic but of the liberal sort and I know my bible back to back. U people from all these mushrroom churches read the bible upside down looking 4 miracles and how to get rich, exactly what Christ himself said a believer should not do and that is what u call interpretating the bible correctly. If God still stuck people down like in the old testament u will be on his list. Instead of u to try not to condemn u are spewing nonsense.

The Catholic doctrine remains the Catholic doctrines, love it or not. It's older than ur forefathers. It is left to catholics to understand their believe and know where and how to implement them. It's a doctrine not a must so I don't know why u people are here breaking ur heads. Mary was blessed and she will remain blessed and catholics don't worship her but pray straight to the father. It's mischievous and slander to think or say otherwise.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2015
Rayhut:

shai, guy you are a very wicked soul oo!!, so you refer somebodies mother as an envelope, if you refer my mother as an envelope used to post me into this world, me and you will have a terrible showdown, if don't have respect for your parents and honour them, me I have full respect for my parents especially my mother, I honour them, even Bible said that if you honour your parents your life will be long on earth, I have pictures of my mother in my house, if you don't have atom of respect for your parents others have. Mary is the mother of Jesus, she deserve respect and honour, I am not religious but what is good is good and what is bad is bad, stop twisting issues
Don't you know what 'Simile' and 'Metaphor' are in literature? Check the dictionary. I tried to use what we can understand to explain sth. Did I say that Mary was an envelope? No I didn't. I have not spoken ill of Mary as it seemed to you. All am saying is that she has died and waiting to be judged on the ressurection day? Honouring her or not has nothing to add to my christian growth. I had better look unto Jesus who knows the way to heaven for he is the Way. If I miss following him, I have missed the way to heaven. Tell me if all I have said is wrong so that I will know how to take correction. Remember, back it up with the Bible.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Don't you know what 'Simile' and 'Metaphor' are in literature? Check the dictionary. I tried to use what we can understand to explain sth. Did I say that Mary was an envelope? No I didn't. I have not spoken ill of Mary as it seemed to you. All am saying is that she has died and waiting to be judged on the ressurection day? Honouring her or not has nothing to add to my christian growth. I had better look unto Jesus who knows the way to heaven for he is the Way. If I miss following him, I have missed the way to heaven. Tell me if all I have said is wrong so that I will know how to take correction. Remember, back it up with the Bible.
But that your Metaphor is not a good one, it sound like Oba of Lagos metaphor to Igbos living in lagos. If you take your letter from an envelope the next you will do is to throw away your envelopes and somebody's parents should not be qualified in such context be it metaphor or whatever. Back to topic you know that the Bible that you are holding is compiled by Catholic Church, they pick books they believes is good for faith compile it to form the Bible you are holding, there are so many other books that they did not include in the Bible like the book of Timothy, seven books of moses, books of Judas, ideas,tobit, simon etc these book's in Vatican city is only the pope and cardinals that has knowledge of it which they seize from heretics, these books are heavily guarded in Vatican city, some of the books nobody know the content in this world except the pope and the cardinals so what you know about the bible is just a fraction, remember that modern Christianity beliefs may not be what the early Christian believed in, because the Roman army persecutted the heretics and early Christian, what actually I want to pinpoint to you is that Catholic church has knowledge of Christianity more than any Christian church, there may be some books in their possession that stated that Mary was taken to haven but because of so many contradiction in same book they decided not to put it in the bible, had been they put such book in Bible today you should have believed that mary was taken to haven like Elijah and Enoch, there is other books that said that Jesus married Mary Magdalen which they discarded during compilation. so guy learn, your pastor will not tell you all this truth, even Koran was writing by a Jesuits priest known as black pope and giving to Muhammad to so that he can cause confusion and recapture Rome although Muhammed add other books to Koran•
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
Rayhut:

But that your Metaphor is not a good one, it sound like Oba of Lagos metaphor to Igbos living in lagos. If you take your letter from an envelope the next you will do is to throw away your envelopes and somebody's parents should not be qualified in such context be it metaphor or whatever. Back to topic you know that the Bible that you are holding is compiled by Catholic Church, they pick books they believes is good for faith compile it to form the Bible you are holding, there are so many other books that they did not include in the Bible like the book of Timothy, seven books of moses, books of Judas, ideas,tobit, simon etc these book's in Vatican city is only the pope and cardinals that has knowledge of it which they seize from heretics, these books are heavily guarded in Vatican city, some of the books nobody know the content in this world except the pope and the cardinals so what you know about the bible is just a fraction, remember that modern Christianity beliefs may not be what the early Christian believed in, because the Roman army persecutted the heretics and early Christian, what actually I want to pinpoint to you is that Catholic church has knowledge of Christianity more than any Christian church, there may be some books in their possession that stated that Mary was taken to haven but because of so many contradiction in same book they decided not to put it in the bible, had been they put such book in Bible today you should have believed that mary was taken to haven like Elijah and Enoch, there is other books that said that Jesus married Mary Magdalen which they discarded during compilation. so guy learn, your pastor will not tell you all this truth, even Koran was writing by a Jesuits priest known as black pope and giving to Muhammad to so that he can cause confusion and recapture Rome although Muhammed add other books to Koran•
Note: I am not the fan of any pastor or bishop or reverend or pope. If what anyone says is in line with the bible, I take it. If not, I throw it away. You see I believe that the ones compiled were as directed by the Holy Spirit and were never incomplete. All Scriptures is given by the inspiration of God. It is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete (2 Tim. 3:16-17). God through His Spirit directed those that compiled it to do so and leaving others out. I don't need to know how it was compiled but how obedient I am to the compiled ones. You can know all of history and theology, including knowing every detail about the compilation. Of what use is it to me if I do not live by the already compiled ones that are complete?
Mary was a vessel that brought Christ into the world. Christ is the important personality we need to exalt. I do not doubt the fact that Mary was his mother earthly, but not in heaven.
Mary and Joseph nutured Jesus until he grew as like other parents do to their children. Remember, Jesus obeyed his parents when he was a child, but obeyed God (his father) during his ministry. He never called Mary 'mother' during his ministry but 'woman.' is it not a height of irresponsibility and stupidity from Jesus if it were to be naturally? Jesus created Mary. So, I would rather go with the Creator than the created. The bible would have recorded that Mary's body was taken to heaven if it were so. But who saw when the body was taken to heaven which is a contradiction to the bible, that flesh and blood (mortal) cannot inherit the kingdom of God? The bible is complete and any story elsewhere should be compared with the already compiled bible as directed by the Holy Spirit. If what any preacher says contradicts the bible, discard it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.