Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52201 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi:
if you have ever prayed hail mary pray for we sinners you have worshipped mary.

And if u have said to ur mother, father, pastor, sisters and brothers in Christ to pray for you, then you have worshipped those too. HYPOCRITE!

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
lisasonesis:

The bible has made it clear to us that the Holy spirit is our intercessor and not Mary. Don't be ignorant of the scripture.

And ur pastors and brothers in-the-church u asked to pray for u? I guess they are INTERCESSORS. HYPOCRITE!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by chibaba87(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: how old are you,are you sure u are educated,pls try to read john 3:16,are u telling me God sent himself?
and wat do u undastand by I and my fada ar 1?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 12:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Neldre: Virgin Mary. 1st thing is dat Father Abraham is d father of all nations. Sarah is the mother of all nations. After Jesus was born, Herod killed all male born during dat tym and the bible said- therer was a cry in Ramah, the wailing of Racheal (Jacob or Israel's wife), wailing for her lost sons (d kids Herod killed) because they are no more. Mary is nt d mother of all nations. So, there will be an instance to what she did- there is a man (in form of God) who needs a man of his own divine abilities to perform a specific operation no other man can do apart 4rm a man of his own kind (Jesus). 4 the man to come into existence, a woman has to give birth, so therefore, there is need for a surrogate mother (Mother Mary). I used surrogate because she is free to have other children by another person afterwards which she did. She had like 4 more. The mission was she should carry the kid. Wat happens after birth is God's biz. God saved Jesus frm Herod. And he has been attending to God's biz since he became 12. That means Mary's job ended as soon as Jesus was born. It is good to honour her for preserving herself bt u knw her, u dnt knw Jesus is total zero. U knw Jesus, u dnt acknowledge her is okay. U ought to bow to nobody other than God. U bow to no heavenly body. Mary is not d mother of all. She was a pencil in the hand of her creator and she served the master's work. You should be looking 4ward to do dat as well. Nt bowing to those who has done theirs. Moses led d people of Israel out of bondage. That was his job. Paul, Peter, Elijah did theirs as well.

Do you believe the bulshits that comes out of your brain?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 18, 2013
When Catholics say they only honour Mary, do not allow
yourselves be carjoled by mere words. Take your time
and make your own research.
Catholics have transfered all the glory that belongs to
Jesus Christ to "Mary".

1. The 2nd Eve
There is no term for a second Eve, but there is a last
Adam. In 1 Cor.15. Jesus is called this because both
Adam and He had a supernatural birth. God blamed
Adam for the fall; Jesus brings us back from the fall to
restore us to God (not Mary).

2. Inexpressible gift of the Almighty,” (384)
The Bible in Jn.3:16 says, Christ is the gift from the
Father. This is high treason to compete Mary to Jesus
her creator.

3. The Cause of our Joy
The Bible-Rom. 14:17, “the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” Ps 16:11, “in Your presence is fullness of joy.”

4. Gate of Heaven (387 )
The Bible-Jesus said in Jn.14:6 he is the way (the gate)
Jesus says in Jn.10:2, He is the shepherd of the gate if
anyone tries to come up any other way they are a thief
and a robber.

5. Morning Star (386)
The Bible-in Rev 22:16, “I, Jesus, … I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

6. Mother of Mercy (2677)
The Bible-In 2 Corinthians 1:3God is the “Father of
mercies.” Paul writes in 2 Tim 1:2,” To Timothy, a
beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the
Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.”

7. Refuge of Sinners (388)
The Bible-Ps 9:9, “The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.” Ps. 31:2, “deliver me speedily; be my rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me.”
Mt.11:22 “Jesus says come unto him.” Nowhere does he ever hint to go through his mother to get to him.

8. Our Lady of Perpetual Help( 389 )
"The Bible-Ps 46:1: God is our refuge and strength, a
very present help in trouble.”

9. Mary with Christ, is said to be “... the instrument and guardian of our salvation (390)
Acts 4:12: ,”Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

9. Queen of Heaven
Pius the 12th 1950 said of Mary “reigns in heaven with
her son.” God has exalted Mary in heavenly glory as
Queen of Heaven and Earth (966). She is to be praised
with special devotion. Catechism of the Catholic Church, (2675)
The name of the Lord is to be praised, for He alone is
exalted above heaven and earth. (Psalms 148:13).

Others include;

Seat of Wisdom

Help of Christians

Star of the sea - Stella Maris

Lady Mistress

Most pure

Immaculate

Most Holy

Saint Mary

Holy Mary

Ever-Virgin

God-Bearer

Mother of God

Advocate of Eve

Virgin

The Virgin
e.t.c

Extract from Acidosis trend. . . ( a nice write up i most say)
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by tonychristopher: 1:09am On Dec 18, 2013
alotofgrace:

have u ever heard a christian named god? nope
a christian named jesus? nope
but we know mary...some mary are nice girls....others are ..i dont know what to call them...but they carry mary as mother MARY that u so honour
in ad...no religion is supreme...just know God spiritual and chemical properties personally.....

THIS IS WHERE YOU GOT IT WRONG....CHRISTIANS DO BEAR THE NAME JESUS ...JUST THAT IT'S NOT COMMON IN OUR CLIMES BUT IN SPANISH AMERICAS....CHRISTIANS DO BEAR THE NAME EMMANUEL WHICH IS ANOTHER NAME FOR JESUS CHRIST BUT CHRISTIANS DON'T BEAR THE NAME CHRIST OR SUFFIX THEIR NAME WITH CHRIST

MARY IS NO ORDINARY WOMAN SHE WAS SPECIALLY CHOOSEN BY GOD TO BRING FORTH SAVIOUR TO WORLD...GIVE ME REASON WHY CAN YOU HONOR HER...CHRISTIANS HONOR HER BY BEARING HER NAME EVEN ISLAM HONOR HER.

LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Franky9584(m): 4:21am On Dec 18, 2013
Lols! Am nt suprise afterall Nigeria constitution gives room 4 freedom of worship. Bt one tin remains and dat z "FROM 2DAY HENCEFORTH, ALL GENERATION INCLUDING U SHALL CALL HER BLESSED". Get dat into ur skulls ok

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:54am On Dec 18, 2013
Franky9584: Lols! Am nt suprise afterall Nigeria constitution gives room 4 freedom of worship. Bt one tin remains and dat z "FROM 2DAY HENCEFORTH, ALL GENERATION INCLUDING U SHALL CALL HER BLESSED". Get dat into ur skulls ok
when did a Song turn to prophesy
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 5:58am On Dec 18, 2013
Catholies family,Pls where Jesus Call Himself God in the bible? pls i need bible reference to back ur claim.pls dont tell me i and my father are one cos i know that already
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4love(m): 6:08am On Dec 18, 2013
It will be easier to convince people about all this "honouring" Mary issue by pointing to a definite biblical passage that points to it. For example, I can point to a definite passage in the Bible where The Lord Jesus Christ Himself spoke about honouring Him and the Father. I used to be a very committed catholic, but I cannot point to any scripture that points to us "honouring" her by praying to her and keeping her statutes in the churches or houses.

I hope all Catholics will open their minds to the Holy Spirit on this issue.
Read John Chapter 5:
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Can you as a Christian sincerely ask yourself "How much of honouring God the Father and Lord Jesus have I done?" Before arguing about honouring a human born through human conception?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4love(m): 6:12am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: Catholies family,Pls where Jesus Call Himself God in the bible? pls i need bible reference to back ur claim.pls dont tell me i and my father are one cos i know that already

Read John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4love(m): 6:26am On Dec 18, 2013
"Stella Maris" (Star of the Sea) is actually Marine goddess in disguise. Check out the logo for "Starbucks" and pray to God (sincerely) to open your eyes to the truth.

For you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 6:40am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: Catholies family,Pls where Jesus Call Himself God in the bible? pls i need bible reference to back ur claim.pls dont tell me i and my father are one cos i know that already

Simple bible verse I give u, u no fit interpret.. Simple english, you no fit understand and in your little and very funky knowledge, grin you want to change somethings that is older than the bible. You need Jesus.

Olodo let me school you..

Revelation 3:9
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the Synagogue of Satan, which call themselves Jews, and are not, but do lie: behold, I say, I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet, and shall know that I have loved thee.

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
9 Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

Notice that I used texts from 3 different bible translations, one 1599, the other 1899 and the last a newer translation...

Notice that the oldest translation used worship, the others used bow down..

My question to you mr bible scholar is, why will God make man worship man?

If you can answer, I will know you know what you are talking about because it's very obvious you don't.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by FECOSON: 6:44am On Dec 18, 2013
Catholies family,Pls where Jesus Call Himself God in the bible? pls i need bible reference to back ur claim.pls dont tell me i and my father are one cos i know that already

why do people claim to have known everything in the bible? U said Jesus is not God, have u ever read Isaiah 9:6 where he was called Mighty God not only God but mighty on top. c.f.Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, MIGHTY GOD,
Everlasting Father,Prince of Peace

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2013
try69:

Simple bible verse I give u, u no fit interpret.. Simple english, you no fit understand and in your little and very funky knowledge, grin you want to change somethings that is older than the bible. You need Jesus.

Olodo let me school you..

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the Synagogue of Satan, which call themselves Jews, and are not, but do lie: behold, I say, I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet, and shall know that I have loved thee.

9 Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee.

9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

Notice that I used texts from 3 different bible translations, one 1599, the other 1899 and the last a newer translation...

Notice that the oldest translation used worship, the others used bow down..

My question to you mr bible scholar is, why will God make man worship man?

If you can answer, I will know you know what you are talking about because it's very obvious you don't.
the bible is not an essay you clearly don't understand that passage do yourself good by starting from chapter 2 font be lazy. God said diligently dividing the word if truth. Begin from chapter one self you are looking for a way to justify your sin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 7:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Mftivi:
the bible is not an essay you clearly don't understand that passage do yourself good by starting from chapter 2 font be lazy. God said diligently dividing the word if truth. Begin from chapter one self you are looking for a way to justify your sin

OLODO grin grin

Oya take this mr i-know-bible cheesy

Exodus 18:7
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 And Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance, and kissed him, and each asked other of his welfare: and they came into the tent.

7 And he went out to meet his kinsman, and worshipped and kissed him: and they saluted one another with words of peace. And when he was come into the tent,

7 Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare, and went into the tent.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Sentempest(f): 7:27am On Dec 18, 2013
Please oh make una leave us alone and try as much as possible to make heaven atlast. Holy trinity in one God, God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit plz open our eyes so that protestant wil appericiate ur mother, ur beloved mother, who followed you thru the way of the cross, mother Mary U r stil my heavenly mother, i love and cherish you.
GLORY TO JESUS! HONOR TO MARY' LOVE U ALL

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Groundzero1: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=Mftivi][/quote]It tallies with ur name. Tivi man
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by getgeorgio: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2013
Pls just leave this argument about Mary, I was once like dat, but now light haz com, so my prayer 4 other catholics is for their eyes of understanding to b opened.Ephe.1:17-18,.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2013
@try99 Pls i need all catholies to support or explain this Verse Rev 3:9 but start frow 7-11 to ur fellow catholies before he mess up woefully.Firstly theres nothing to argue abt that verse cos it basically as nothing to do with mary or christianity,it is a letter/word from Jesus to the church in Philadelphia,i wonder what made you read that verse cos if people fall down at ur feet doesnt in anyway means Worship,its to acknowledge u that u are greater than them but in this verse it is for people to acknowledge Jesus love for u cos u kept his words.This is one of the letter sent to one of the 7 churches,Pls i want people to Prove me wrong if my explianation is out of line.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2013
femi4love:
Read John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"
John wrote that and it the same as my father and i are one but did Jesus ever call himself God or Son of God? pls note the diff
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Adeolakk(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2013
Go and read Matthew 24: 1-2 and get your understanding. The Church will be destroyed. Follow Jesus and Search for the truth. Don't be biased in your belief about a church that you don't know the roots.

The main thing is that we thoroughly follow the Bible and become true christians not following what pastors or churches say

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:08am On Dec 18, 2013
Mftivi:
Only a fool who lacks understanding would say theres worshipping in Rev3:9,this try69 just dey quote bible verse he doesnt even understand,i wonder what skul he went to,its too bad if a grown-up cant diff between acknowledge and Worship,they just come online to write rubbish in the form of english,Wetin concern worshipping Mary with the letter to one of the 7 churches
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:09am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: @try99 Pls i need all catholies to support or explain this Verse Rev 3:9 but start frow 7-11 to ur fellow catholies before he mess up woefully.Firstly theres nothing to argue abt that verse cos it basically as nothing to do with mary or christianity,it is a letter/word from Jesus to the church in Philadelphia,i wonder what made you read that verse cos if people fall down at ur feet doesnt in anyway means Worship,its to acknowledge u that u are greater than them but in this verse it is for people to acknowledge Jesus love for u cos u kept his words.This is one of the letter sent to one of the 7 churches,Pls i want people to Prove me wrong if my explianation is out of line.

Has nothing to do with mary Come let me give you a sound knock on ya head cheesy

Mary as well as the saints kept God's word.

So you agree one can worship God by showing reverence to the people that kept his word.

Now mr bible scholar, what is your problem if I do so before a picture or statue of mary/the saints
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: Only a fool who lacks understand would say theres worshipping in Rev3:9,this try69 just the quote bible verse he doesnt even understand,i wonder what skul he went to,its too bad if a grown-up cant diff between acknowledge and Worship,they just come online to write rubbish in the form of english,Wetin concern worshipping Mary with the letter to one of the 7 churches

Olodo.. I have shown you in the bible where men bow to men..are they worshipping them?

Answer me! grin

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:16am On Dec 18, 2013
You want more abi grin oya take

Genesis 49:8
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
8 Thou Judah, thy brethren shall praise thee: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies: thy father’s son shall bow down before unto thee.

8 Juda, thee shall thy brethren praise: thy hands shall be on the necks of thy enemies: the sons of thy father shall bow down to thee.

Judah, your brothers shall praise you;
your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies;
your father’s sons shall bow down before you..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:19am On Dec 18, 2013
try69:
OLODO grin grin
Oya take this mr i-know-bible cheesy

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 And Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance, and kissed him, and each asked other of his welfare: and they came into the tent.
7 And he went out to meet his kinsman, and worshipped and kissed him: and they saluted one another wit [/color] and they asked each other of their welfare, and went into the tent.
what kinda educated illiterate are u,Ex 18:9 NIV bible ''So moses went out to meet his father-in-law and bowed down and kissed him.they greeted eachother and then went in the tent. We bow down to greet kings in Nigeria,does that mean we worship them or sing songs to Worship them.When did bow down turn to worship

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Adeolakk(m): 8:25am On Dec 18, 2013
All we are asking for is that our catholic friends listen. You guys have lost the argument since but you don't want to pay attention. Stop justifying your church's action. Being a catholic doesn't gurantee heaven, but being a christian does. Follow the truth and don't be biased.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: what kinda educated illiterate are u,Ex 18:9 NIV bible ''So moses went out to meet his father-in-law and bowed down and kissed him.they greeted eachother and then went in the tent. We bow down to greet kings in Nigeria,does that mean we worship them or sing songs to Worship them.When did bow down turn to worship

Why are you shooting yourself in the foot?

Don't you praise the Nigerian kings too? Like shouting IGWE!!! before an ibo king?

cheesy

I'd advise you to study history and language before you start interpreting bible..

Praise singing, bowing to and kissing are all forms of worship.

There is only one form of worship that is due to God and him alone. I woludnt tell you yet..that's my assignment for you if you can humble yourself and be my student cheesy cheesy

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
All we are asking for is that our catholic friends listen. You guys have lost the argument since but you don't want to pay attention. Stop justifying your church's action. Being a catholic doesn't gurantee heaven, but being a christian does. Follow the truth and don't be biased.
you have said it all,its only God that can Save them,if you like change ur ways if u like dont change ur ways,He who has ears let him ear,if you pray by calling the God and Jesus of Fijiano ur prayers will be answered than going thru mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 18, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
[s]All we are asking for is that our catholic friends listen. You guys have lost the argument since but you don't want to pay attention. Stop justifying your church's action. Being a catholic doesn't gurantee heaven, but being a christian does. Follow the truth and don't be biased.[/s]
why not say you're tired. That's how they talk in Irony. Smh
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: you have said it all,its only God that can Save them,if you like change ur ways if u like dont change ur ways,He who has ears let him ear,if you pray by calling the God and Jesus of Fijiano ur prayers will be answered than going thru mary

Great teacher, why have thou not answered me ? grin grin

Seriously una go turn robots one day because of sects.. Even some of your protestant brothers say saluting the country's flag is worshipping it as God..

cheesy

GO AND LEARN before u start typing jokes in public forums..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare / Policeman Opens Car Door For Apostle Johnson Suleman, Nigerians React (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.