Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad (17603 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Easiest Way To Travel Abroad / Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by tope3x(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2014
Too bad
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Ndipe(m): 12:38am On Jul 08, 2014
I wouldnt advise anybody to sell their investments/properties to move abroad.
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by tope3x(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2014
Some did

Ndipe: I wouldnt advise anybody to sell their investments/properties to move abroad.
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by needful: 11:00am On Jul 09, 2014
Oh my God, pls perfect my Canadian visa so that myself and family can get out of this good for nothing country Nigeria.
Obodo oyibo is not for every body plsssssss

1 Like

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Ndipe(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
tope3x: Some did

Not advisable. Rather, use that money (for your ticket) in developing and maximizing your investments. For instance, land, which is very valuable. Given the opportunity to buy a plane ticket to study abroad, you can maximize those resources to buy a block of flats on the piece of property and let the money roll in from rent.
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by panyam: 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ndipe:

Not advisable. Rather, use that money (for your ticket) in developing maximizing your investments. For instance, Land, which is very valuable. Given the opportunity to buy a plane ticket to study abroad, you can maximize those resources to buy a block of flats on the piece of property and let the money roll in from rent.

one boko haram bomb later, your block of flat becomes rubble and you will wish you had taken that flight! This country is finished. If you have the opportunity, get out!
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Susubwoi12345: 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
It's been long...and we are in a different government. Do you think it is a good idea now to sell properties in order to fund a trip for studies abroad?
I really need people's opinions?
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 8:50am On Jul 14, 2021
oolumide:
Dudes does this country look like is going to get better. Nigeria is at the lowest ebb than before. The only thing the shoeless one has been able to do is to throw up new set of young rich nigerians different from the sons of the past elites mainly from niger delta area. He that has ear let him hear. The country has been sold to the dogs. I am only here because I wouldnt want to go to another country in an illegit way. But ask yourself what does the future look like here where over 80% of out various salary is used to buy food, provide self generated electricity, security, pay children school fees and praying that u dont have any major health crises because their is no reliable and cheap health facility. yet each day is with pain and trouble while u are keeping ur eye open that boko haram we not strike around u. Is it going to get better no. While we are still at it the shoeless one pardon bode george all in the name of 2015. Pls if I am able to get out in a legitimate way, it is bye bye to radarada and jagbajagba.

8 years later
And the country is even in a worse condition than 2013.
People will give an arm and leg for things to go back to the way it was in 2013

5 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Iamajala: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

8 years later

It is better we even sell Nigeria to move to a better country undecided
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Mandela887(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
Diamonddamsel:
Its a gamble.Many are impressed by beautiful pictures of people wearing coats in the snow and want the same for themselves.Every soceity has its own challenges.If you are not a hardworking and focused person no matter where u move,it will not make a difference.Personally i love Nigeria im ok going for holidays abroad but i cant imagine living permanently.
That's ur own opinion, please leave people that wants to travel to travel
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Karleb(m): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
Susubwoi12345:
It's been long...and we are in a different government. Do you think it is a good idea now to sell properties in order to fund a trip for studies abroad?

If all there is left to finalize your stay to a better country is money, then I fully support selling off your properties. In 8 years time, you'd thank you star for it because Nigeria will be shittier than this.

Maybe by then, Tinubu will be president and a dollar will be very close to #1, 000. A rubber of garri would sell for #4k. You get the idea.

That Bros that sold his properties to japa will be very happy by now.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2021
Karleb:

If all there is left to finalize your stay to a better country is money, then I fully support selling off your properties. In 8 years time, you'd thank you star for it because Nigeria will be shittier than this.

Maybe by then, Tinubu will be president and a dollar will be very close to #1, 000. A rubber of garri would sell for #4k. You get the idea.

This made me laugh
Tinubu?
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Originalsly: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
Susubwoi12345:

I don't think so. For starters... you will be travelling on a Student Visa ... opportunities to earn will be scarce... how will your education action be financed? You drop schooling... too expensive... it goes back to earning to manage yourself.... feeding , clothing and housing. How long will your funds last? One thing we need to consider is the world has changed since COVID-19. It is not business as usual. It is better one travel and test the waters.... see the reality on ground ... and assess how he can manage.
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

8 years later

We most definitely will. It would never get better here.
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nawo oooh
8 years later and it’s getting worst
2013 people were living like a king but now Kings are slave as big of rice is more than the min wages grin grin.
Ireland with no oil has better airport than Nigeria
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
He once told me only LOSERS and UNPATRIOTIC persons wants to leave Nigeria. The guy right now is eating ice cream posting crazy things on his Facebook page from the U. S. A.............. PEOPLE WANT YOU TO BE OKAY, BUT NOT BETTER THAN THEM..... THAT'S LIFE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by drew99: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Karleb:

Bro your prophecy has come to pass, it is how it is just as you said it, it is worst right now with the Tinubu administration, the country is in a state of mayday
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Karleb(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
drew99:

Bro your prophecy has come to pass, it is how it is just as you said it, it is worst right now with the Tinubu administration, the country is in a state of mayday

Like they always say, you can never lose betting against Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Raalsalghul: 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Karleb:

Prophecy

shocked
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Karleb(m): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Prophecy

shocked

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I dey learn for where Tensa and Gerrard dey.
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by drpat1: 6:56am On Sep 24, 2023
Karleb:

I had to REALLY check the date. shocked
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by drpat1: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2023
RodgersAkpafu:

This made me laugh
Tinubu?

Are you still laughing? sadπŸ˜’
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by lastkingsman: 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Prophecy

shocked

What he predicted in 6years time (8 years time when he made the prediction) is already happening.

Buy: 995N/$
Sell: 1005N/$
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 10:24am On Feb 21
oolumide:
Dudes does this country look like is going to get better. Nigeria is at the lowest ebb than before. The only thing the shoeless one has been able to do is to throw up new set of young rich nigerians different from the sons of the past elites mainly from niger delta area. He that has ear let him hear. The country has been sold to the dogs. I am only here because I wouldnt want to go to another country in an illegit way. But ask yourself what does the future look like here where over 80% of out various salary is used to buy food, provide self generated electricity, security, pay children school fees and praying that u dont have any major health crises because their is no reliable and cheap health facility. yet each day is with pain and trouble while u are keeping ur eye open that boko haram we not strike around u. Is it going to get better no. While we are still at it the shoeless one pardon bode george all in the name of 2015. Pls if I am able to get out in a legitimate way, it is bye bye to radarada and jagbajagba.
Bros
How market? grin
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 10:26am On Feb 21
drpat1:

Are you still laughing? sadπŸ˜’
I'm still laughing oooo
It's so funny that what we thought was near impossible has finally happened
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 10:31am On Feb 21
Malakh:
So possession of material things makes you better and greater than others, well I don't blame you, that's how mortals think, comparing themselves amongst themselves, u don't even have a clue what makes a man prosperous

He is displaying typical negros thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 500k? / Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Flood Sacks 35 Edo Communities, Renders 30,000 Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.