Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,056 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

Schooling In Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schooling In Ghana (1424 Views)

Urgent Enquiry About Schooling In Georgia / Schooling In Georgia Tbilisi / Schooling In Cyprus For International Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schooling In Ghana by highbeeola(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good-day fellow nairalanders
Would be going to ghana in january nd would like to meet new friend around ringroad and tesano skuling @ ipmc (tesano)
Re: Schooling In Ghana by stemmanuel: 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ring road is not close to Tesano anyway are you still in Ghana? or back to Nigeria?
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 1:03am On Jul 04, 2014
stemmanuel: Ring road is not close to Tesano anyway are you still in Ghana? or back to Nigeria?

Bro how far. I am planning on going to Ghana to undertake some courses at IPMC Tamale - How is the city like compared to Accra and Kumasi ?

Thanks in advance
Re: Schooling In Ghana by texaco1: 6:05am On Jul 04, 2014
digitite:

Bro how far. I am planning on going to Ghana to undertake some courses at IPMC Tamale - How is the city like compared to Accra and Kumasi ?

Thanks in advance
tamale is 100 times better than accra , if u stay in tamale for 1month u will hate accra with passion. Food is cheap and so also is accomodation,lots of whites people there also. And the funny thing is the landscape is flat,when I say flat I mean flat . When u get there pls post picture here
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 7:22am On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: tamale is 100 times better than accra , if u stay in tamale for 1month u will hate accra with passion. Food is cheap and so also is accomodation,lots of whites people there also. And the funny thing is the landscape is flat,when I say flat I mean flat . When u get there pls post picture here

Thank you for this great info. I have read about the benefits of staying or visiting Tamale and also being the fastest growing west African city fit for business. I also heard it is neat and so.

No shaking, I will post pics when I get there. How many hours is it by bus from Accra ? If you have any other helpful info, kindly share.
Re: Schooling In Ghana by texaco1: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2014
digitite:

Thank you for this great info. I have read about the benefits of staying or visiting Tamale and also being the fastest growing west African city fit for business. I also heard it is neat and so.

No shaking, I will post pics when I get there. How many hours is it by bus from Accra ? If you have any other helpful info, kindly share.
It is very far ooo. More than 10hrs drive but don't let me scare u, u will enjoy the ride .
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: It is very far ooo. More than 10hrs drive but don't let me scare u, u will enjoy the ride .

Thanks. I will see to it.... Shey steady electricity is there huh
Re: Schooling In Ghana by iamord(m): 7:57am On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: tamale is 100 times better than accra , if u stay in tamale for 1month u will hate accra with passion. Food is cheap and so also is accomodation,lots of whites people there also. And the funny thing is the landscape is flat,when I say flat I mean flat . When u get there pls post picture here
bro r u for real.. Tamale is better the accra.. The north..where tther is less development and spots??
Re: Schooling In Ghana by texaco1: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: bro r u for real.. Tamale is better the accra.. The north..where tther is less development and spots??
please ttell me what the hell is special about accra?I lived there for 4 years, so I know accra in and out. What is the essence of tall building and high rent and high cost of feeding ?is it the nighclub he is going to ghana for ?have u lived in taammale before?I said the same thing before I went to tamale but when I got there I saw how well nigerian ttraders and most especially ibo traders were doing and making money. The only thing is that u can't hustle in ttamale ,u must have a business and that is even easy to start accra is crowded and jampacked and sapping life out of people . The cost of housing in ttamale is far far cheaper and there is regular light .visit tamale and see for urself
Re: Schooling In Ghana by texaco1: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2014
digitite:

Thanks. I will see to it.... Shey steady electricity is there huh
light is generally stable in ghana but not 100% but you will enjoy urself . Ghana internet connection is good ,u may not need ur blackberry at all in ghana .but take enough money with u.
Re: Schooling In Ghana by iamord(m): 8:35am On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: please ttell me what the hell is special about accra?I lived there for 4 years, so I know accra in and out. What is the essence of tall building and high rent and high cost of feeding ?is it the nighclub he is going to ghana for ?have u lived in taammale before?I said the same thing before I went to tamale but when I got there I saw how well nigerian ttraders and most especially ibo traders were doing and making money. The only thing is that u can't hustle in ttamale ,u must have a business and that is even easy to start accra is crowded and jampacked and sapping life out of people . The cost of housing in ttamale is far far cheaper and there is regular light .visit tamale and see for urself
I understand your point.. My mum lived there back then but I have not been there b4.. R u nigerian? I know standard of living is high in accra takoradi and kumasi .. The govt is to blame. But I thought all northern parts of west african countries seem to be the same with underdevelopment and co
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: light is generally stable in ghana but not 100% but you will enjoy urself . Ghana internet connection is good ,u may not need ur blackberry at all in ghana .but take enough money with u.

Thanks man and God bless.
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 9:13am On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: I understand your point.. My mum lived there back then but I have not been there b4.. R u nigerian? I know standard of living is high in accra takoradi and kumasi .. The govt is to blame. But I thought all northern parts of west african countries seem to be the same with underdevelopment and co

What is the essence of the so called development, if life is difficult for majority of the masses. Do you think flaunting 'unnecessary wealth' that is not even there is tantamount to 'high standard of living'...... Abegi affordability for the common man is what makes an economy strong.
Re: Schooling In Ghana by iamord(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2014
digitite:

What is the essence of the so called development, if life is difficult for majority of the masses. Do you think flaunting 'unnecessary wealth' that is not even there is tantamount to 'high standard of living'...... Abegi affordability for the common man is what makes an economy strong.
irrespective of that d development is essential cos it brings in more fdi and revenue.. The problem is when the country board can't regulate prices to benifit the people
Re: Schooling In Ghana by texaco1: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: I understand your point.. My mum lived there back then but I have not been there b4.. R u nigerian? I know standard of living is high in accra takoradi and kumasi .. The govt is to blame. But I thought all northern parts of west african countries seem to be the same with underdevelopment and co
yes I am a nigerian , accra is not as fantastic as ppl paintt it. Please visit accra and see . But kumasi and cape coast is very good. Acccra is too expensive and accomodation cost is high ,I wasted 3 years in accra before heading north Although bolga region and the north is developing but in term of cost of living tamale is better. Meat is damm too cheap and tamale is a traders joint many ibos are selling spare parts it is easier to live there although someone else may dispute this ,this is just my own opinion ,the next time I visit ghana I won't stay in accra
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 9:43am On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: irrespective of that d development is essential cos it brings in more fdi and revenue.. The problem is when the country board can't regulate prices to benifit the people

Well, Tamale happens to be the fastest growing city in West Africa. I tend to prefer less crowded place. Sometimes, we just need to step out of comfort zones to experience the world for what it truly is.
Re: Schooling In Ghana by iamord(m): 9:45am On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: yes I am a nigerian , accra is not as fantastic as ppl paintt it. Please visit accra and see . But kumasi and cape coast is very good. Acccra is too expensive and accomodation cost is high ,I wasted 3 years in accra before heading north Although bolga region and the north is developing but in term of cost of living tamale is better. Meat is damm too cheap and tamale is a traders joint many ibos are selling spare parts it is easier to live there although someone else may dispute this ,this is just my own opinion ,the next time I visit ghana I won't stay in accra
I agree with u tho.well its all based on your personal experience.. I know its quite tough in accra.. But am from there tho I reside in lagos.. I stay around labadi and its cool for me..only if u have money then u will enjoy..accra for u.. But abuja standard of living is by far higher
Re: Schooling In Ghana by iamord(m): 9:53am On Jul 04, 2014
digitite:

Well, Tamale happens to be the fastest growing city in West Africa. I tend to prefer less crowded place. Sometimes, we just need to step out of comfort zones to experience the world for what it truly is.
hmm. U r making necessary brain
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 9:55am On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: hmm. U r making necessary brain

Hehe, as in how
Re: Schooling In Ghana by iamord(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2014
digitite:

Hehe, as in how
about tamale.. I didn't know much about the place
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: about tamale.. I didn't know much about the place

I see. I read it up online. It's quite interesting.
Re: Schooling In Ghana by digitite: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: yes I am a nigerian , accra is not as fantastic as ppl paintt it. Please visit accra and see . But kumasi and cape coast is very good. Acccra is too expensive and accomodation cost is high ,I wasted 3 years in accra before heading north Although bolga region and the north is developing but in term of cost of living tamale is better. Meat is damm too cheap and tamale is a traders joint many ibos are selling spare parts it is easier to live there although someone else may dispute this ,this is just my own opinion ,the next time I visit ghana I won't stay in accra

Bros eeh... One more thing : accommodation. The institute said I can get one close to them but it is shared compound house, that is public toilet, bathroom and so on. And it is cheap like 60 to 70 dollars a year.

But I would prefer a one room self contain with private bathroom/toilet and kitchen : how much does it cost there and do they pay monthly, 6monthly or yearly ?

(1) (Reply)

The Scariest Hotel Room In The World Hangs Off The Side Of A Mountain (photo) / Top 10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa / Fake Visas Carried By Nigerians Cost Rwandair Over N8b On Lagos-dubai Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.