Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" (3122 Views)

The North Are Parasite / Christian In The North Are Being Eliminated: Can, Tekan / The Good People Of North Are Not In Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by leofab(f): 3:04am On Dec 16, 2013
We the north of Nigeria are ready for a separation process
which will either involve regionalism or total disintegration.

On the topic, Sagir Aliyu said: Yes, I'm in support of BREAK
UP. Because most Nigerian minds are full of hatred,
sentiments, ethnicity, religious differences and tribalism. Some
are calling for revolution, but instead of loosing lives and
property; let the romance end. Also if the 2015 election will result
to loss of lives and property, the romance should end before then,
Please!

Idris Musa also commented on the subject: Break up is long
overdue. Why can some have freedom to perform their religious
rites while some are deprived? I can't remain at home on Fridays
like Christians do Sundays, Marital dossiers is only emphasized for
only one wife & four children. Economically, we are considered
parasites because they refused to revamp agriculture. They
refused to explore oil deposits in more than five places in my
region. Let us break so that we have fresh air.

Musa Maiunguwa: I beg it's long overdue! Let's break up anyhow
regardless of the consequences. I want to be governed by ISLAMIC
LAW not this Infidel system of government. I hate to be governed
by DRUNKARDS.
These comments were the prevalent type of response from
Northerners on facebook to my earlier article on the subject,
"Nigeria: Do We Need To Break This Up?"
A majority of northern masses are now making this call as
situations keep deteriorating in the nation and undeserved ethnic
insults and ethnic torment has become the order of the day from
certain quarters in Nigeria. Additionally, it appears that Nigeria as
formatted and the perceived disenfranchisement of certain
aspects of the South, justify and subject us and Nigeria as a whole
to a most terrible regime that is unable to secure life in the north
and yield for us the social, economic and developmental dividends
of democracy; as poverty reigns at its highest level in the north
which is unfairly economically disadvantaged.

Today, Nigeria has 100 million poor, however there is an uneven
distribution of the poverty with the South doing more favorably,
whereas the north suffers the most with its level of poor as high as
80% living under a dollar a day in many states, this compares to
the south that has levels from 20-50%. This level of poverty in the
north exceeds the level in neighboring Mali, Chad and Niger, all
sharing the northern ecological and cultural demographics.
Trading blame as to who and what military and civilian dictatorial
and usurpist regime caused this high level of poverty is puerile,
meaningless and disingenuous; and it contributes nothing towards
addressing the real and present epic crisis. Also, asserting that
because northern dictators have ruled the nation for 60% of its
independent life over 40% Southern rule is meaningless and does
not solve the deadly poverty situation.
The ordinary masses are suffering. We gain absolutely nothing
from Nigeria's oil, apart from what we buy of it at the pumps at a
price above the global mean, and rather we suffer from oppression
and terror as a consequence of, and thanks to bloody oil money.
Only the cabal enjoy from the current state of Nigeria. Let it be
known that the voices of many so-called northern leaders, which
are obviously the loudest, do not represent the sentiments of us
suffering masses, wrecked with poverty and lack of opportunity.
These 'northern elders' are part of a national cabal that exploits
and extorts the nation. These cabal obviously have no honest
interest in our region as can clearly be seen by their lack of
investment in the north, building all their factories in the South.
We the real people of the north are eager for autonomy of our
region. This is our position.
The landlocked north is clearly disadvantaged. None of the
regimes provided the transportation networks to link the north to
Nigeria's ports as would have been the basic and smallest
requirement to re-establish a northern economy.
Our agriculture industry has been left to decay. Our textile
industry has been completely abandoned, as we suffer from the
'curse' of oil and the illusion of Nigeria's wealth from a mono-
economy, which has satisfied and favored only a set of greedy
cabal without regional distinction, north, east, west or south. We
see regionalism with the plan of possible disintegration as an
urgent next best step towards a northern cultural and economic
awakening.
Many of us across Nigeria now agree that military dictator; Aguiyi
Ironsi made an error on 24 May 1966, when he released Decree No.
34 which dissolved the regions.

Excerpt: "The provisions of the Decree are intended to remove the
last vestiges of the intense regionalism of the recent past, and to
produce that cohesion in the governmental structure which is so
necessary in achieving, and maintaining the paramount objective
of the National Military government, and indeed of every true
Nigerian, namely, national unity. The highlights of this Decree are
as follows: The former regions are abolished, and Nigeria grouped
into a number of territorial areas called provinces. . . . Nigeria
ceases to be what has been described as a federation. It now
becomes simply the Republic of Nigeria."
We hope Nigerians in South territories share our sentiments and will be happy to peacefully and respectfully discuss modalities of separation into economically independent regions which will test and pave a path for emotional, marital, economical, military and other national related changes and challenges necessary for possible separation in the future.

By Peredrino Brimah

Source:m.naij.com/news/54367.html

2 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Reincarnated(m): 3:32am On Dec 16, 2013
With the incessant killings by boko haram amongst other things, I sure as hell will not mind. undecided. They should hurry it up

2 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Sloan: 3:48am On Dec 16, 2013
It makes a lot of sense: regionalism and next step, emergence of sovereign countries! The South West is now being joined by the North of this common sense and equitable path to the progress of the country and our peoples! Will the SE (Ibos) stand to be counted this time? My SS brothers have always wanted 100% control of their resources but "a greater than resource control is here". Middle Belt, this is the time to hone down of your competitive advantages and take 100% control of your destinies! The West has always been ready and making this call since th days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, our most respected leader and Premier. Now lets go there and raise our game and people right from our regions and villages! Are you ready Nigeria >> ??
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by dgitrader(m): 3:49am On Dec 16, 2013
Marital dossiers is only emphasized for only one wife & four children. Economically, we are considered parasites because they refused to revamp agriculture. They refused to explore oil deposits in more than five places in my region. Let us break so that we have fresh air.
This is hilarious, who are 'they'? Is it the same 'they' that ruined nigeria for almost 40years? Please locate them in their villas, massions, and hilltop estates and retrieve the loots

2 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by DerideGull(m): 4:09am On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan: It makes a lot of sense: regionalism and next step, emergence of sovereign countries! The South West is now being joined by the North of this common sense and equitable path to the progress of the country and our peoples! Will the SE (Ibos) stand to be counted this time? My SS brothers have always wanted 100% control of their resources but "a greater than resource control is here". Middle Belt, this is the time to hone down of your competitive advantages and take 100% control of your destinies! The West has always been ready and making this call since th days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, our most respected leader and Premier. Now lets go there and raise our game and people right from our regions and villages! Are you ready Nigeria >> ??

Slow

You wrote like a slow learner too. Which North did you talk about in the above rubbish? Anybody who talks about regions when issue of Nigeria's disintegration shows up is a deluded fool. Ndigbo are not willing to get it wrong therefore we have called for Republic of Igbo land.

4 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 16, 2013
DerideGull:

Slow

You wrote like a slow learner too. Which North did you talked about in the above rubbish? Anybody who talks about regions when issue of Nigeria's disintegration shows up is a deluded fool. Ndigbo are not willing to get it wrong therefore we have called for Republic of Igbo land.

Olodo grumpy old man. Go and Die!

1 Like

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by DerideGull(m): 4:19am On Dec 16, 2013
payless:

Your grammar still sucks.

7 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 16, 2013
DerideGull:

Your grammar still sucks.

I won't stop teaching you how to write proper English Language. grin grin
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by DerideGull(m): 4:30am On Dec 16, 2013
payless:

I won't stop teaching you how to write proper English Language. grin grin

Your grammar sucks bro. Please, if you can, I urge you to correct the above sentence grammatically. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Firefire(m): 4:32am On Dec 16, 2013
Let it begin but do it PEACEFULLY.
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 16, 2013
DerideGull:

Your grammar sucks bro. Please, if you can, I urge you to correct the above sentence grammatically. grin grin

Olodo grumpy old man, Go and Die! Your mates have gone to heaven while you're here collecting dust. Imagine I spent most of my Sunday teaching you how to write proper English Language .

The link below was created for you...........

https://www.nairaland.com/1556899/tinbuobasanjo-invite-adefaratin-fusho-william#20250896
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by donigspain(m): 5:05am On Dec 16, 2013
Haleluja!!!
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 16, 2013
can't wait
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Superego: 5:57am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Superego: 5:59am On Dec 16, 2013
dgitrader: Marital dossiers is only emphasized for only one wife & four children. Economically, we are considered parasites because they refused to revamp agriculture. They refused to explore oil deposits in more than five places in my region. Let us break so that we have fresh air.
This is hilarious, who are 'they'? Is it the same 'they' that ruined nigeria for almost 40years? Please locate them in their villas, massions, and hilltop estates and retrieve the loots

Please locate the cabal wherever you find them ans recover the assets and stone them as Governor Amaechi challenged you.
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Akpaife(m): 6:29am On Dec 16, 2013
Oga u piple r nt going any where,when we igbos r begging ur piple 2 let us go u guys say NO

Now hausa wat 2 go NO where ds is one Nigeria n ds romance will never end till death due us apart

After investing n developing ur place u said u wat 2 go 4 where,marriage is 4 better 4 worst take hrt my dear

1 Like

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Akpaife(m): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2013
Oga u piple r nt going any where,when we igbos r begging ur piple 2 let us go u guys say NO

Now hausa wat 2 go NO where ds is one Nigeria n ds romance will never end till death due us apart

After investing n developing ur place u said u wat 2 go 4 where,marriage is 4 better 4 worst take hrt my dear

We dey dance azonto 4 u guys

3 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by DankemzI(m): 6:37am On Dec 16, 2013
Firefire:

Let it begin but do it PEACEFULLY.

Do what? Separate? Lai-lai when the igbos & South-south wanted to go, you forced us to remain in Nigeria.

Nobody is going anywhere, we must & will all remain in this shi.t.h0le called Nigeria.

After ruining our farmlands, drinking waters, streams, rivers with oilspill & oil is finishing you want to go? Lai-Lai

1 Like

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Jakumo(m): 7:12am On Dec 16, 2013
Ha ha ha Long Live the Amputation Republic of Sharianistan.

Long live the new Maximum Leader of the Republic of Sharianistan, the 97-year-old Ayatollah Boko-hari-Bin-Laden of the Baboons and Dogs fame.

Now, you greedy-asz, lazy muffugus, could you please be so kind as to take your grasping little paws OUT of the oil income piggy-bank. Thank you, goodbye, and good riddance.

3 Likes

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by juman(m): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2013
grin

They should go nah, are they not parasite?

A parasite that think that they should always rule the country.

1 Like

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by akpomeme(m): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2013
Superego: The map from the article:

http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-north-ready-go-tired-called-parasites/#axzz2nbvRKss1

Between you and I, the most unproductive part of this country is larger...

1 Like

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by 9jii(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2013
Now days people write anything and Do Nothing.
Maybe na Internet's fault.
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2013
So you are afraid of the Igbos leaving your Yoruba land? Do not worry for it will happen sooner than you expect.

payless:

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2013
Azikiwe and Ironsi are the architects of our present misfortune. However, what is done can always be undone. Let us rally in support of secession or regionalism for a start.
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2013
payless:

Olodo grumpy old man, Go and Die! Your mates have gone to heaven while you're here collecting dust. Imagine I spent most of my Sunday teaching you how to write proper English Language .

The link below was created for you...........

https://www.nairaland.com/1556899/tinbuobasanjo-invite-adefaratin-fusho-william#20250896
DerideGull:

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by slimfit1(m): 9:09am On Dec 16, 2013
Sounds like good news to me! !!!!!
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by yorke1: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2013
Beautiful! Let the romance come to an end before the start of a new year. They are parasites, That's who they are!
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by jmoore(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2013
The only parasites are the corrupt leaders found in the north, south, east and west.

One Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2013
Both the south and the north need Nigeria more than it need us.

1 Like

Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2013
MMMua'zu:
Both the south and the north need Nigeria more than it need us.
If u can give me 10 reasons y the south needs Nigeria,
I wud give u 10 VERY STRONG reasons y d south DOES NOT.
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by talktimi(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan: It makes a lot of sense: regionalism and next step, emergence of sovereign countries! The South West is now being joined by the North of this common sense and equitable path to the progress of the country and our peoples! Will the SE (Ibos) stand to be counted this time? My SS brothers have always wanted 100% control of their resources but "a greater than resource control is here". Middle Belt, this is the time to hone down of your competitive advantages and take 100% control of your destinies! The West has always been ready and making this call since th days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, our most respected leader and Premier. Now lets go there and raise our game and people right from our regions and villages! Are you ready Nigeria >> ??
are you joking ? The SE have always been clamoring for an independent Biafra but have been ridiculed on all points since losing the civil war so why then do you ask if they are ready to be counted this time ? I dont think anybody calling northerners parasites is in a proper state of mind. The northerners feed Nigeria, the moment they say they're not interested in southern markets then you'll know what hunger is. If the north secedes, they'll just need committed leaders who will be ready to properly harness their vast/untapped natural resources then you'll be looking at another Dubai right in front of you but as I've always maintained, secession isnt the answer to Nigeria's problems but rather we need a weaker central govt and stronger regions which should be encouraged to foster regional integration since for example, the north will still have to get access to sea ports down south to export their produce or for importation purposes. We need a weaker central govt
Re: North Are Ready To Go; "They Are Tired Of Being Called Parasites" by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2013
If aboki is talking like this this, that means Ihejirika is really giving it to them hard. Revenge is sweet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside The American President’s ‘Doomsday’ Planes / Why 90 Percent Of Southerners Are Tired Of Buhari's Government / Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.