Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (42268 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by vexxy(f): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2005
This really shouldn't be that hard. You left your mother and father for your wife, as she left her parents for her husband. They then became one unit not to hold second to none save God.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Angelo(m): 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2005
I will always love my mother like no other; but whislt my wife remains faithful she will always hold firdt place as a wife should in her husbands heart and together our mothers will be first in our hearts.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by myname(m): 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2005
if i say my mother, my mother no dey give me wetin my wife dey give me.
and if i say my wife, she for no see me if my mother no make me fine boy. if my mother for terminate me i for no marry. but if i go ask my mother wetin i suppose ask my wife wetin una go call me?
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by donald(m): 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2006
I would chose my wife over my mum over and over again
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by wormedup(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2006
it's about time people stop making this kind of comparism.
as far as i'm concrened there's no basis of comparism between my mother and my wife!!
the day my wife asks me to pick between her and my mother is the day she goes home same goes for my mother. they are 2 different ppl from 2 different world. i'd love to see whoever picked his wife or mother live without the other. if anyone of u did, pls let me know how u r doing
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by viviansam(f): 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2006
it has to be ur wife. For me between my Dad and my husband, its my Hussy first even when I love my Dad so much
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2006
my mother of course
i can always marry another man but for a mother? there's only one real mother for everyone!!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by retro(f): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2006
Grrr! I don't want to think of that right now.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by flower(f): 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2006
If you're not ready to put your spouse first, then don't get married.  I say wife undecided
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by viviansam(f): 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2006
Agreed
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by larger20(m): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2006
wife not mother, My mom should face my dad and leave me and my wife alone
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:35am On Apr 01, 2006
My mom will always come first,
But maybe im saying that because im not married
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Badman888(m): 1:50am On Apr 01, 2006
my mother has trained me now its time for me to go, so it would be my wife wink
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by gentleaura(m): 4:38am On Apr 01, 2006
Maybe its because am not married yet, but nothing comes between me and my mother, I go for my MOTHER any day any time, she can be a pain in the ass though but still love that woman tons!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by mabellarry: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2006
The issue is u can't compare ur mum and wife bc they both play different roles in ur life while they both very important. None can take the place of the other. Ur mum will always be ur mum and ur wife will always be ur wife.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by opeyemi(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2006
No story, its my wife, wife, wife, wife, wife and wife. My mother is my mother.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Orikinla(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2006
NA MY MOTHER JO!

If you lose your wife, you can marry another wife.
You can even marry ten wives.
Millions of women are begging for husbands.

But, if you lose your mother, you can never have another mother.

I still miss my mother till date since she passed on in 1993.

Mothers are more faithful than wives.
Wives sell to the highest bidders.
Infact, if you did not pay for her, you would not have married her.
Because, every wife has a price.
Wives are for sale.
Even at Oshodi Market in Lagos, you can buy as many as you want.

The Mother is first.
Without your mother, you wouldn't be here talking about your wife.

Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Orikinla(m): 11:25am On Apr 01, 2006
NA MY MOTHER JO!

If you lose your wife, you can marry another wife.
You can even marry ten wives.
Millions of women are begging for husbands.

But, if you lose your mother, you can never have another mother.

I still miss my mother till date since she passed on in 1993.

Mothers are more faithful than wives.
Wives sell to the highest bidders.
Infact, if you did not pay for her, you would not have married her.
Because, every wife has a price.
Wives are for sale.
Even at Oshodi Market in Lagos, you can buy as many as you want.

The Mother is first.
Without your mother, you wouldn't be here talking about your wife.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kimba(m): 3:06pm On Apr 01, 2006
the best is that one prays that you as a Man, never comes to a point where you will have to choose between either of your mother or your wife.

My policy: who did you know first.

My mother has been with me since day one of my existence. My wife came in when I was about 20 something years old. One definitely seniors the other, and I in the middle have a responsibility to both. So I pray never to have to choose between both.

But its well said:
- If your mother dies, you have lost a treasure which can never be replaced.
- If you loose your wife, you can marry another.
- You can never divorce your mother, but you can divorce your wife.

I love my mother, but I have to love my wife. I love my wife, but I cant but love my mother too.
so really where am I, i cant choose either, i will rather stick to both.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by nirron1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2006
IF na u se na your wife u go pick? smileyI pity u.
For me na my mama oh.Apart from the fact that she is my mother,without her there wont be me,so she comes first after God.
Though my wife is me and i am her but she can only second my mother.
While any wife fit go any time mama go always dey there.Some good for nothing mama dey out there too,but my own mama tufiakpa she dey good and she no fit abandon me. smiley Million kisses kissto her.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by karyurdey(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2006
As for me, my mother will come first, after that my wife
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by DivineOke(f): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2006
Definitely my wife
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by larger20(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2006
I like the way the vote is kinda equal, these two entities are in separable, and the loss of each one will take something away from u
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2006
Without your mother, you wouldn't be here talking about your wife
exactly
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by goodguy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2006
My posts on this thread clearly shows my views on this.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by hotangel2(f): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2006
I hate to say this but my dad come first.

I can get another caring amazing husband, but it's hard to find an awesome father like mine. I Cherish that man. smiley
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by adidison(m): 12:31am On Apr 02, 2006
This is a very silly question. I hope none of you ever get into a situation where you have to choose between your father/mother and your husband/wife. But if you have too; haba now you can’t compare! You can get another husband/wife but you can never ever ever get another father/mother if u like go do , NA U SABI !!! one day your husband/wife might break your heart (you never know human heart) but your parents remain true until the very end just imagine, they sent you too school, hospital when you where sick, gave you pocket money, cared for you, cry (excuse me for that) Men people who say husband/wife need to go check themselves O!!! may be , NA U SABI !!! you cant even compare HABA DAN ALLAH !!! WELL FOR ME ANYTIME ANYDAY ITS MY MOTHER SHE IS MY NUMBER 2 AFTER GOD, THEN MY FATHER THEN MY WIFE THEN MYSELF. Remember your parents O some people dey talk like say , NA THEM SABI !!!!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Idekeson(m): 4:48am On Apr 02, 2006
If I must choose between the two, I'll choose my mum. I can't divorce my mother. No matter how painful, eventually you can replace a wife but never a mother.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Seun(m): 5:55am On Apr 02, 2006
If my mum loses me, not the end of the world. She has other children and she can adopt more. And she has a husband. Choosing "wife" means that I'm not going to marry just any girl. It has to be someone worth being devoted to.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by sunshine10(f): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2006
Um! as far as I am concerned, no matter what your Parents will always be number one in your life. But when you get married and have kids of your own then that becomes number one. Any loving parent would support there child, in what ever decision they make in there life. So I think that your husband or wife should become first in your life. But it just all depend oh how your were brought up. So folks don't have nice of parents as some. And some where brought up by foster parents so it just all depends. Sorry if I was talking too much can get a bit carried away. Good Day all! grin
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Whitelady1(f): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2006
Hmmm . . .This is a tough one. I love my mother so very much and on the other hand, my husband and i should be one! So whom do i choose? I pray such situation never arises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday With A Billboard In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Identical Twins Pregnant With Identical Twins Pose For Maternity Photos / Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.