Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (42240 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by playmate(f): 12:28am On Nov 15, 2007
ur spouse shuld b put above anyone else of course
once u're married,ur new family shuld b ur primary priority
even d bible says so

if u put ur mother above ur wife,der's bound 2 b problems in dat marriage.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hacker's comment removed!!!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by MrInfo1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2007
I will choose iya mi i can alwayz re-marry
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by ifyalways(f): 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2007
my dad and my husband shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
ofkus my husband. kiss
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by WarfyBoy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2007
i av always told my gal that my family koms first in anytin, i can easily get another wife there r plenty of dem everywere, but mother, u only got 1 just one for life, u cant replace her!!!!! pretty difficult to judge now
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2007
no joke, my wife. I've lived with my mum long enough.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by omoge(f): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2007
Hopefully time will come when women will make their father/mother come first

Next their husband. she can always remarry.

if i have a man whose mom comes first, then i'd REALLY make my mom and dad come first before him (he will take the second place outright).

it's only baby boys (not men) who will say their mom comes first, grow up bouncing baby boy.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by omoge(f): 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2007
Warfy Boy:

i av always told my girl that my family koms first in anytin, i can easily get another wife there r plenty of them everywere, but mother, u only got 1 just one for life, u can't replace her!!!!! pretty difficult to judge now

good for you. hope her family koms first before you in anything too.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by KMD: 2:18am On Mar 28, 2008
I pity the man that has to choose, but choose your wife over your mother and your life will be blessed. If you choose your mother over your wife, you will reap the consequences of your wife's pain and insecurity of being #2. Why hurt yourself like that? Wife is #1, Mom falls to #2 - ALWAYS.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by ololade34(f): 12:06am On Mar 31, 2008
No question about this, it's your wife, yes you love your mum after all she gave you life but at the end of the day you wife your should always comes first
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 31, 2008
Naturally, my wife comes 1st.
I've had enuf of my moma.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by slimtoney(m): 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2008
This calls for a whole lots of wisdom on the part of the man.Our mother is as important as our wife.Their roles in our our lives are very paramount in that both of them are uniquely important to us and the fact that the role plays by our mothers cannot be played by our wife and vice versa.Therefore a wise man has got to be able to strike a balance in between these two important figures in our life if he is to know peace,tranquility and success in life.

A man as such has to make his mother and wife feel that they are both important to his daily existence by never,I mean never openly declare that he place more impotance on either the wife or the mother.It is his duty to set the limit at the home front and set the boundary beyond which both women cannot tresspass in the way of clear cut duty and responsibilities in a situation where he has both of them under his roof.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by bluehorizo(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2008
Anytime any day it will always be my WIFE. No controversy because my mother is late. She now doubles as a mother and a wife.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by anna208: 9:03am On Apr 04, 2008
hi everyone
what can i say?hmmpp your husband or wife are very lucky person in this world.
der very lucky to be chosen by der husband or wife and im so proud of you who
choose the wife comes first and the mother comes second.i think once you got married
you need to settle with your wife and build your own family without your mother and
father, if you let your mother comes between your wife and you nothing gonna hapened to
your marriage life. it wll be broken into peaces.your mother is your mother nobody can
take that away from you not even your wife,your mother wll be there nomatter what.
but you also need to care about your wife because you married her and swore to god you
going to take care of her,choosing your wife or husband does not meant that you never
going to luv your parents anymore it's just that once your marrying somebody meaning
your going to have your own family now.so its time to leave your parents alone and
start taken care of your wife and kids, n my situation is a real shit i'm no lucky at all
my husband choosing hes mother over me,but i love him so much and our baby
its very hard its hurting me so much, untill now we still under hes mother roof i want
us to move out and find a place of our own but my husband does not want too,
sometime its driving me crazy it.s so stressful it.s hard because hes mum and i don.t get
along if my husband and i had argument she's always in the middle and getting upset
with me she always blame me for everything.i feel like i'm not only fighting with my
husband but hes mother too,for the wife out there who chosen by der husband
be thankful at least suffer like me.i pray that my husband wakeup soon and star to
think about our life and care about me, cry
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Sumbody1: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2008
Ana,
I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I feel similar to you except that we have a house of our own, thankfully. I could not live with my monster-in-law. If I think of mentioning her name, my husband is already on the tirade. Anytime I feel someone has wronged me, he takes their side (whether his friend or mom). I remember before we got married, in part of a song it says, "for this reason a man should leave his father and mother and cling to his wife" and his mother said, "I hate to hear that part". But for her, my husband has not left her, he has clung closer to his family since we got married then he did before we were married! I'll pray for you and your situation and please pray for me and mine!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Sumbody1: 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2008
Maybe someone could find me a man that wants to be a MAN and tend to me and not their mommy!

It's good to know that some men still choose to cut the cord and become MEN! wink
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by anna208: 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2008
thank u for praying for me sum body' i knw how you feel too for me i just dont know what to do anymore.
i feel so helpless.everyday i have to control myself not to get mad at my husband and hes mother,the harder
part is that he is always taking hes mother side all the we fight she's there interfering all the time and worse
part are she's blame on me and she well tell me to get out from her house by myself my baby and my husband
wll stay with her what a bitch! sometimes i feel like killing myself in front of her and my husband so they'll knw
how much i hate her and how much i suffered, last time i almost killed myself i took a knife and trying to stab myself
in front of my husband he tok photos of me with a knife and send it to hes mother cellphone.and hes mother shows
it to all her friend i was so mad i feel like killing her too.everyday she showed me attitude like if i am in the kitchen
making some food for my husband and my baby she gets so mad and throwing whatever she's holding once she
see' me in the kitchen.but i keep my self control i just don't say any words at her and the worse part is that
i dont go to the kitchen or seat around the lounges if she's around.and if she's in the kitchen i don't go to the
kitchen even my baby and i are hungry i have to wait for her to finish what she's doing in the kitchen so i could
go and make our food, i feel depress all the time mostly everyday.just dont know what to do anymore
i wish that my mother inlaw dont excess at all.i feel you sum body and all the wife out there who have same
situation just keep praying
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2008
if i was a man,my wife comes first,my relationship wt my mum is limited,or can i sleep wt my mum,but wt my wife it is unlimited
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by affee(f): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2008
I have had only my mother all my life, and I love her to pieces,
but now that I am married My Husband comes first.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by ssRhino: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
The day you say "I do" , same day u say bye bye to making your mother the priority, so, it is your wife, but the best way to do it, is make ur wife and your mother to be best of friends and you will enjoy best of both worlds.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by ebony4life(f): 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
Surely the spouse should come first cos if your mum's husband put his mother b4 her, she wudnt have had his attention.
Not that the mother should be shut out completely, she will still be given attention as a mother, but more attention should be on the wife
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:38am On Nov 26, 2008
if I was a man, my mom. you may divorce your wife, you can never divorce your mom
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by meexteriox(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2008
Personally, i think the comparison should not even come up.
I mean, your mum whether alive or dead is your mum. Your wife
will ever remain your soulmate for ever. The love for both of them
are world apart.

A man's mum is his mum, a man's wife is his wife period.
Any attempt to draw comparision will bring bad blood.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by annyplenty(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2008
your mother did what no other person in the world had the privilege to do for you. she gave birth to you. SHE DESERVES ALL THE LOVE YOU CAN GIVE HER. Also your wife is privileged to be among the few who can do what your mother can not do for you. your wife parts her leg for you and carry your baby. SHE ALSO DESERVES YOUR LOVE.

you love your mother and you are in love with your wife. i think the second action is more binding than the first. you spend a few decades with your mother. you are going to spend more with your wife if you live long. In my opinion, if you are monogamous, your wife comes first. but if you are polygamous, your mother comes first. However, respect your mother more than your wife.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by desthan(m): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2008
oh u guyz want to bring this up, okay this is my stand, GOD first den my WIFEY next oooooooooo, as for my mum, i'll always love her and take care of her, thats my responsibility period o cool
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by angelina08(f): 9:48am On Dec 03, 2008
If you find your mother and wife in the sea seeking dawn calling for help, wish among them are you going to help first? for me i will help my wife first before my month because, i am married to another woman as a wife, she is the mother i am going to spend the rest of my life with.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Moyo1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2008
Except my wife crosses the line, she remains the first. Any good mother should be okay taking the next rank after her daughter in law.
But if my wife abuses that right, I WILL withdraw it completely and place them on the same level or my wife takes the back seat, depending on how terrible she abused it.
That's my candid stand.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Sissy3(f): 5:39am On Feb 19, 2009
my mother, one can only have one mother but can always get many wife as they wish

cox no matter how bad a man looks/acts he will always find a woman/wife who will fall prey to his touch, yea it is really that easy
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by mamae(f): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2009
If am to choose between my hobby and my dad, I will rather go for my hobby because since the day we've married, he belongs to me and vice versa while my father belongs to my mother. But I never pray for such a thing because I still cherish my papa so much
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Pepeye(f): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
Can you ever replace your mum?. . . in other words get another mother . . I don’t think so
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kalmebad(f): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2009
Everyone entitled to his/her opinion

Jus like someone said, it's a tough one to chose from, but where one becomes an only option, i will go for my Mom if am a man.

My reason, you can never have another mother but obviously another wife
Wife can abadon you when life seems darker and blurr but Mom will always be there for you at all times, considering the pain of carrying you for nine months, the pain of child bearing, nuturing[b].(how can u leave the woman that brought you to life)[/b]
Let a husband die, give the woman another two years to re-marry, old love dies even if she still holds the memory, but the truth for her is life must go on.

Even if in my dream, it's my mother

Nneka== always means mother is supreme
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Virgo83(m): 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2009
Religiously, Mothers were only meant not to be disobeyed, they should be respected and give what is required to be given to them.

As for your Wife, She's your Life Partner. You guys sign LIfe Contract.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday With A Billboard In Lagos (photos) / Share Your Childhood Craziest Experiences / This Is Why Men Can Never Tolerate Their Wives Cheating On Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.