Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

The Light Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Light Of The World (524 Views)

The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! / Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Light Of The World by PstWoleSoetan(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Dec 16, 2013

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

Mathew 5:16...Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Where there is light, there is illumination. As believers, we are the light though we live in the darkness that is the world. As the light we must understand that the greater the darkness, the brighter we were designed to shine. We have no excuse for not shining; the rough experiences we have gone through in the past were all to make us shine brighter.

Being ambassadors of Christ on earth means we have to live the life of Christ. To draw more to the kingdom of God, our good works must be made evident by the kind of life we live. Believers must be shiny examples wherever they are found.

As the light of the world, we must model our lives in such a way that the world gets attracted to us because of the kind of results we generate. Going into the world and making disciples of nations can't be substantiated if our results as believers is nothing to write home about. The consciousness that we are the light of the world should refrain us from carrying out acts that will tarnish the gospel we preach.

It is impossible to give what you do not have. The light of the world must first be able to show the world infallible proofs in his/her own life before reproducing the same in the life of the people of the world.

Do not confuse religion for Christianity, there is more to being Christians than going to church, observing all church ordinances and holding a position in the house of God. We must have a deep and sound understanding of the Word, be conversant with kingdom principles and live a life worthy of emulation by all and sundry.

CONFESSION: I have God on my inside therefore I generate the God-Kind of results.

PRAYER: I enjoy the full benefits of the free gift of salvation thereby attracting more to Christ.

FURTHER STUDY: Mathew 5:14-16, Mark 4:21-23

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Help / Spiritual Digest For The Day 23rd Of December 2013 / Merry Christmas To Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.