Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,675 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City (25810 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Don’t Sign For Chelsea, Abuja Fans Tell Eaglets / Iheanacho To Join U20 AYC Final Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by danjalingo: 12:03am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?
Man City where he would not even guarantee second team not to talk of first team? Should have go for Arsenal that still want him or FC Porto that still want him.

You go sleep for bench tire

Front page pls
what kind of a bad wish is this? what makes you feel he cannot get a spot on the 1st team? even as at that, he could be sent on loan.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Dannylux: 12:03am On Dec 18, 2013
His step to international stardom begins..
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by mkoabiola: 12:06am On Dec 18, 2013
D fada is afta d sign off fee @m.city.
I see hw he gets a regular playing shirt.
Where is stanley okoro,rabiu,christanus macaulay?
Greedy dad.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Snoggy(m): 12:06am On Dec 18, 2013
I just pray he wouldn't play against clubs like STOKE CITY grin grin

If this guy gets an injury now, it will damage his football career. Just like Pato
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Akiika: 12:12am On Dec 18, 2013
Arsenal in dire need of a prolific attacker would have been ideal...but it's his career. He didn't tell me how to plan mine.
I wish him all the best. I hope he get the chance to play in CHAN.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by danjalingo: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2013
Theben:
On the contrary, his decision to move to Man City would grossly dent his confidence. Most of the players there are better and he would mostly be overlooked.

Na wa for you oo. na you be Manuel Pelagruini? so they just bought him to warm the bench?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2013
dan jalingo:

Na wa for you oo. na you be Manuel Pelagruini? so they just bought him to warm the bench?
Nigerians have already decided the guy's fate,na wa o.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 18, 2013
Clemzy16: I'm happy for him but i hope he doesn't end up like mikel.

That's a bad prayer. He would be more than happy (and lucky) if he "ends up" like Mikel.

Playing regularly and consistently for a big English club for about 7 seasons, earning close to £100k per week, and winning all the trophies that can be won at club level can't be such a bad way to end up.

9 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by danjalingo: 12:25am On Dec 18, 2013
tobpel2: Lobatan

Man City to send Iheanacho to Ghana

But technocrats like Victor Ikpeba repeatedly
fumed against Iheanacho moving to ManCity as
offers came from Porto in Portugal. Ikpeba said
that the young player was being misled, arguing
that he had a better chance of playing first team
football in Portugal and developing in the
Portuguese league than moving to England where
it may take him a long time to find his feet.
Iheanacho’s family and agents did not heed
Ikpeba’s advice. But with the latest development
Ikpeba appears vindicated.
ManCity plan to enroll Iheanacho into their
academy in Ghana where he will wait until he
earns enough caps to qualify for a work permit.

Can you give an example of a Nigerian player that succeeded at this level in Portugal? but Sami Ameobi, Victor Moses, Victor Anichebe etc all succeeded in England. and non of them is as good as Iheanacho. Let's wish him well and pray that what follows Nigerian players from their villages doesn't follow him.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by adamsjoiy(m): 12:32am On Dec 18, 2013
OGA JU! NAWAH OH
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Ajengogo(m): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2013
Funny Keshi! A man came as d player's agent, he shunned the agent; a call came later purportedly from the player's dad, he granted him leave... Is Keshi really serious?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Niseamaka(m): 12:36am On Dec 18, 2013
Theben:
On the contrary, his decision to move to Man City would grossly dent his confidence. Most of the players there are better and he would mostly be overlooked.

Wrong. A lot of people, including myself expressed this kind of pessimism about Mikel Obi when he joined Chelsea due to the array of stars in Chelsea, concluding that he will be a bench warmer, but look at him now.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 12:43am On Dec 18, 2013
dan jalingo:
what kind of a bad wish is this? what makes you feel he cannot get a spot on the 1st team? even as at that, he could be sent on loan.

Bad wish indeed. Don't worry, he will get a first team. Infarct he will bench Aguero. He will even bench the benchers like Dzeko and Jovetic.

Sense is not common!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 12:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Niseamaka:

Wrong. A lot of people, including myself expressed this kind of pessimism about Mikel Obi when he joined Chelsea due to the array of stars in Chelsea, concluding that he will be a bench warmer, but look at him now.

How old was Mikel Obi when he joins Chelsea? How old is Kelechi now?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 12:50am On Dec 18, 2013
dan jalingo:

Can you give an example of a Nigerian player that succeeded at this level in Portugal? but Sami Ameobi, Victor Moses, Victor Anichebe etc all succeeded in England. and non of them is as good as Iheanacho. Let's wish him well and pray that what follows Nigerian players from their villages doesn't follow him.
Spot on jare,exactly my point,I remember when Rabiu joined Lisbon,he was given a warm reception with Limo ride that a young star has arrived.I guess we all the outcome of his trade in Portugal.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 12:56am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

How old was Mikel Obi when he joins Chelsea? How old is Kelechi now?
Mikel was 19,Iheanacho is 17.Though he could have joined chelsea @ 18 but was delayed due to the transfer wahala between chelsea and man u.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by pomporiking: 12:59am On Dec 18, 2013
dan jalingo:

victor moses at his age was better than him. tongue
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by iamdhebuck(m): 1:01am On Dec 18, 2013
anyone who thinks this guy would have walked into Porto's team needs to have his head re examined.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 1:02am On Dec 18, 2013
Clemzy16: I'm happy for him but i hope he doesn't end up like mikel.
Even Iheanacho will CURSE you for this prayer,have you forgotten Mikel has won all the trophies in England?with Champions league and Europa.Even almighty Rooney hasn't won all,he's yet to lift FA trophy when Mikel has already lifted that 4 times.Oga always mind the kain prayer u go dey pray before people stone you.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 1:04am On Dec 18, 2013
pompori king:

victor moses at his age was better than him. tongue
I disagree.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 1:05am On Dec 18, 2013
iamdhebuck: anyone who thinks this guy would have walked into Porto's team needs to have his head re examined.
GBAM#
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by greggng: 1:06am On Dec 18, 2013
I don't knw u but u make great sense
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by iamdhebuck(m): 1:07am On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: Even Iheanacho will CURSE you for this prayer,have you forgotten Mikel has won all the trophies in England?with Champions league and Europa.Even almighty Rooney hasn't won all,he's yet to lift FA trophy when Mikel has already lifted that thrice.Oga always mind the kain prayer u go dey pray before people stone you.
bro forget about trophies...Pinto of Barca don win trailer load of trophies too,doesn't change the fact he is a mess.Mikel isnt playing up to 50 percent of his potentials.

4 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dazzy4real(m): 1:07am On Dec 18, 2013
una no hear say iheanacho dey mancity camp for ghana

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 1:13am On Dec 18, 2013
iamdhebuck:
bro forget about trophies...Pinto of Barca don win trailer load of trophies too,doesn't change the fact he is a mess.Mikel isnt playing up to 50 percent of his potentials.
The last time I check,Mikel is not a goalkeeper.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by bobbyL(m): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2013
mko abiola: D fada is afta d sign off fee @m.city.
I see hw he gets a regular playing shirt.
Where is stanley okoro,rabiu,christanus macaulay?
Greedy dad.
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?
Man City where he would not even guarantee second team not to talk of first team? Should have go for Arsenal that still want him or FC Porto that still want him.

Front page pls
Theben:

Front page pls

You all sound pessimistic. MOST ex-age grade players who ended in oblivion started with what you would call good clubs, going by your expectation of first team football. I think Chrisantus and Rabiu signed for Wolfsburg and Lisbon respectively. However, Mikel signed for Chelsea and is doing relatively well. An U-17 player (anywhere) is not expected to be a first team regular.
It may be too early, but I feel Kelechi Iheanacho is the best U-17 player we've seen in recent time in Nigeria, and possibly in the world. He has this confidence, skill and technique rarely seen for his age (I hope he is truly U-17).
I feel Mancity isn't too bad. They have a good youth program and top of the range training facilities and personnel he likely won't get at Porto. And don't forget, Messi got his debut in BARCELONA at 16, and the rest is history. Let's just pray for him not to give up or give in to distractions.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Delaw135: 1:29am On Dec 18, 2013
dazzy4real: una no hear say iheanacho dey mancity camp for ghana
[color=#990000].. Don't mind them, let them countinue dragging d issue, even d lad's father has started regretting their decision

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by iamdhebuck(m): 1:41am On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: The last time I check,Mikel is not a goalkeeper.
I didn't say he was...am trying to say winning trophies ain't sh.it....you dpnt need to be a good player to win trophies,u just need to be in a good team,even if you are not getting regular game time.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by GentleFrank(m): 1:46am On Dec 18, 2013
Good !
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 2:03am On Dec 18, 2013
bobby.L:

You all sound pessimistic. MOST ex-age grade players who ended in oblivion started with what you would call good clubs, going by your expectation of first team football. I think Chrisantus and Rabiu signed for Wolfsburg and Lisbon respectively. However, Mikel signed for Chelsea and is doing relatively well. An U-17 player (anywhere) is not expected to be a first team regular.
It may be too early, but I feel Kelechi Iheanacho is the best U-17 player we've seen in recent time in Nigeria, and possibly in the world. He has this confidence, skill and technique rarely seen for his age (I hope he is truly U-17).
I feel Mancity isn't too bad. They have a good youth program and top of the range training facilities and personnel he likely won't get at Porto. And don't forget, Messi got his debut in BARCELONA at 16, and the rest is history. Let's just pray for him not to give up or give in to distractions.
No more,no less.You have spoken very well.Infact,u sabi futuball.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Signs Ferland Mendy / Round 4 Draws Of The Fa Cup In Full / Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.