Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,658 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City (25809 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Don’t Sign For Chelsea, Abuja Fans Tell Eaglets / Iheanacho To Join U20 AYC Final Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by LogansShadow: 2:08am On Dec 18, 2013
He went for trials not to sign a contract. undecided
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Triniti(m): 2:24am On Dec 18, 2013
see how this old man/father is trying to ruin his son, all because of money. porto would have made this guy a better player

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: Nigerians, please keep the faith. Man City may not be an ideal team, but it's a team still.

Iheanacho was brilliant at the U-17 level and according to what we've heard, he didn't disappear when confronted with the home-based team so just believe that his star won't dim even in Man City.

Keshi gave him his consent to leave camp, so I believe he'll keep watching his growth and there's still a chance he'll play for the Super Eagles.

Sha sha, moving on....Go AWONIYI!!!

Didn't I tell you not to get out of the kitchen?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Vallter192(m): 2:46am On Dec 18, 2013
The MVP during u-17 world cup may be the worst later. I'm not praying for the worse for him but being in Man City is just like he has gone to rest. In Man City, there will be no constant play for him cos players there before him are still struggling to make the 1st team. Too many players in there
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Asiwaju9ja(m): 2:52am On Dec 18, 2013
Kels will do well in Man City. They have a new youth development system that was not only copied from Barca but also has a former Barca youth developer as head Txiki Bergaristan if I get d spelling correctly.

There is an aggressive youth development in place at man city now.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by bumdish: 4:50am On Dec 18, 2013
The young lad has made the best choice. Man City is currently recruiting young talented players as part of their Elite Development Squad program which Patrick Vieira has been employed to manage.

Other players being recruited into this elite team includes:
Kjetil Haug (15) - Norway - Goalkeeper {likened to Peter Schmeichel}
Zacharias Faour (15) - Sweden - Forward {The new Zlatan Ibrahimovic}
Jose Pozo (17) - Spanish - Forward {rated as the best striker to come through Real Madrid’s academy in years}
Brahim Abdelkader (14) - Albania - Forward {Called the new messi}
Bruno Zuculini (20) - Argentina - Defensive midfielder{rated the best defensive midfielder in the Argentine Primera Division}

So, make una go sidon. Man City is investing £100m in Etihad Campus training complex for this lads. Nobody is throwing Kelechi into the first team right away.

We have to have a different style in the club and that is why I am here. It is impossible every year to buy three, four, five players. We need to work with young players, the under 21's - Pellegrini (August, 2013).

See a pix of the team they are currently fortifying:

5 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by bobbyL(m): 5:00am On Dec 18, 2013
^^^ Thank you very much.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by ani1offiong(m): 5:04am On Dec 18, 2013
wishing him all the best.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by bumdish: 5:05am On Dec 18, 2013
bobby.L:
^^^ Thank you very much.
ur welcome
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by phestus(m): 5:08am On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: No more,no less.You have spoken very well.Infact,u sabi futuball.
you dare not compare the messi situation with kelechi. Was Messi playing at an unknown academy in Argentina.Messi was already an integral part of a youth system for many years.
And another person comapred anicheba,moses and shola situation. You dont seem to get,they were all part of an academy of that club for years.Kelechi would be integrated slowly.starts with an academy(hes still under 17 right) to the youth team then probably the U21 side...slow process if you ask me.but at a club like porto this stages might be fat tracked,and dont even tell me about the situation of rabiu,head no be the same.Best of luck. Na God know best.
bobby.L:

You all sound pessimistic. MOST ex-age grade players who ended in oblivion started with what you would call good clubs, going by your expectation of first team football. I think Chrisantus and Rabiu signed for Wolfsburg and Lisbon respectively. However, Mikel signed for Chelsea and is doing relatively well. An U-17 player (anywhere) is not expected to be a first team regular.
It may be too early, but I feel Kelechi Iheanacho is the best U-17 player we've seen in recent time in Nigeria, and possibly in the world. He has this confidence, skill and technique rarely seen for his age (I hope he is truly U-17).
I feel Mancity isn't too bad. They have a good youth program and top of the range training facilities and personnel he likely won't get at Porto. And don't forget, Messi got his debut in BARCELONA at 16, and the rest is history. Let's just pray for him not to give up or give in to distractions.
bobby.L:

You all sound pessimistic. MOST ex-age grade players who ended in oblivion started with what you would call good clubs, going by your expectation of first team football. I think Chrisantus and Rabiu signed for Wolfsburg and Lisbon respectively. However, Mikel signed for Chelsea and is doing relatively well. An U-17 player (anywhere) is not expected to be a first team regular.
It may be too early, but I feel Kelechi Iheanacho is the best U-17 player we've seen in recent time in Nigeria, and possibly in the world. He has this confidence, skill and technique rarely seen for his age (I hope he is truly U-17).
I feel Mancity isn't too bad. They have a good youth program and top of the range training facilities and personnel he likely won't get at Porto. And don't forget, Messi got his debut in BARCELONA at 16, and the rest is history. Let's just pray for him not to give up or give in to distractions.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by bigtt76(f): 6:05am On Dec 18, 2013
Well the father obviously meant well. If they boy is sharp enough, he would invest ample time into furthering his studies while in England. At seventeen years of age, he still got a lot of time ahead of him and can easily finish up to doctorate level and then concentrate on his football career till he retires.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by ndidibabe(f): 6:09am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?
Man City where he would not even guarantee second team not to talk of first team? Should have go for Arsenal that still want him or FC Porto that still want him.

You go sleep for bench tire

Front page pls
Will you shut up? Must everyone settle for less?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 6:14am On Dec 18, 2013
bumdish: The young lad has made the best choice. Man City is currently recruiting young talented players as part of their Elite Development Squad program which Patrick Vieira has been employed to manage.

Other players being recruited into this elite team includes:
Kjetil Haug (15) - Norway - Goalkeeper {likened to Peter Schmeichel}
Zacharias Faour (15) - Sweden - Forward {The new Zlatan Ibrahimovic}
Jose Pozo (17) - Spanish - Forward {rated as the best striker to come through Real Madrid’s academy in year}
Brahim Abdelkader (14) - Albania - Forward {Called the new messi}
Bruno Zuculini (20) - Argentina - Defensive midfielder{rated the best defensive midfielder in the Argentine Primera Division}

So, make una go sidon. Man City is investing £100m in Etihad Campus training complex for this lads. Nobody is throwing Kelechi into the first team right away.

We have to have a different style in the club and that is why I am here. It is impossible every year to buy three, four, five players. We need to work with young players, the under 21's - Pellegrini (August, 2013).

See a pix of the team they are currently fortifying:

The young lad has made the best choice imdeed.

Can you answer this questions:

(1) When did Man City started recruiting young lads as you claim? Is it this year?

(2) I am sure it is not this year that Man City started recruiting young lads as you claim, and since Man City started recruiting young lads, how many striker is now currently playing in the first team for Man City?

(3) Can you name at least half or quarter of the 11 players of Man City that is currently playing in the first team and in the second team?

(4) We all know the list of first and second team of Man City for the past 2 to 3 season, we all know how they keep splashing money on experienced players even before the billionaires bought some experienced players, so please tell us at least quarter of the young lads that has been well known or, i mean or that has been playing in the first team and second team in Man City?

(5) Who are you deceiving with young lads pic that will spend 100 years unheard at Man City and eventually get sold to one useless championship clubs? You think we don't know it it goes?

The truth is: Kelechi's father is so greedy. He went for the money and not for the career of his son. Do you think if ordinary Watford or Hackney boys FC offer higher amount than the amount Man City offered his son, do you think he wont also go for Watford or Hackney boys FC too? That is the picture of a greedy father.

The father did not give a f**k about his son's future, but money!

Manchester City is a not a good destination for such a talented striker where he will never get more games. Thats my point. I'm only after more games for him. How many more games his grandfathers in football has got e.g Jovetic, Dzeko, Guidetti. Now lest go to U18, how many more games does Man City U18 strikers gets such as: Daniel LemaJoe, NuttallThierry, Ambrose? Do you know when they've been there? Do you think if those U18 strikers were in Arsenal or Porto do you think one or two of them wouldn't have been playing regular in either championship, or Scotish, or English club and will be well known?

He's still young n needs a lot of playing time and less pressure to perform to mature.

This stage of his career is very important! He should have join clubs like Arsenal, Porto, and then when he matures and becomes a better player he can leave for any bigger club of his choice again!

Moving to Arsenal or Porto will help him develop as a player, he will get more games. A few years in Portugal will help him gain experience and confidence...

Even most of Man United and Chelsea fans are reasonable enough to support Kelechi should have go for Arsenal or Porto where he would developed his talent quick and well known and then later he can join any big club he want.

Do you know the long list of young lads that has stagnated after they moved to such a club like Man City?

Just look at the likes of Fabregas, Van Persie, Wilshere, Walcott.

Another instance is Kanu Nwakwo after a notable performance at the U-17 World Championships he join Ajax... Do you think there as no offer from clubs in England then?

Kelechi's Father is so greedy, he only cares about Money and not his son's career

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 6:16am On Dec 18, 2013
ndidibabe: Will you shut up? Must everyone settle for less?

See you eh,,

Your stupidity has damaged your brain to an extent that is even as worst as that of Gov Suntai, so i no get ya time..
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Tn12345: 6:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Livinusc(m): 6:30am On Dec 18, 2013
melicent: The beginning of failure
May be he will start from youth team b4 he will mature to senior team.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Abbey2sam(m): 6:38am On Dec 18, 2013
Clemzy16: I'm happy for him but i hope he doesn't end up like mikel.

What do you mean by that? Mikel has performed his best both for chelsea and super eagle and he's still doing that today in chelsea
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by bumdish: 6:42am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:
Kelechi's Father is so greedy, he only cares about Money and not his son's career

Chairman, consult Google to clear your mistrust. The recency of the Pellegrini's statement and the other pieces of info I posted should be clear enough ..huh. Besides, I doubt if you know anything about the boy, the father or the "contract" beyond what exists on the pages of newspapers. And just to reiterate, the said father that is so greedy and f**ked in your words is the same person that has nurtured kelechi from age 0 to become a celebrated prodigy and all of a sudden you know what is good for the boy more than the father. My friend, have a good day.

8 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by bumdish: 7:11am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:
(1) When did Man City started recruiting young lads as you claim? Is it this year?
(2) I am sure it is not this year that Man City started recruiting young lads as you claim,...

I read your write again and busted to laughter. You write well enough so I assume your decision to replace FORTIFY with STARTED is meditated...lol
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 18, 2013
Good move

Must he play in a lower club before he could develop his career or growth?

A good player would always shine irrespective of wherever he finds himself

Man City is a better club than Porto currently and he would gain more attention in the premier league than the Portugues league

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Austinodark(m): 7:21am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

The young lad has made the best choice imdeed.

Can you answer this questions:

(2) I am sure it is not this year that Man City started recruiting young lads as you claim, and since Man City started recruiting young lads, how many striker is now currently playing in the first team for Man City?

(3) Can you name at least half or quarter of the 11 players of Man City that is currently playing in the first team and in the second team?

(4) We all know the list of first and second team of Man City for the past 2 to 3 season, we all know how they keep splashing money on experienced players even before the billionaires bought some experienced players, so please tell us at least quarter of the young lads that has been well known or, i mean or that has been playing in the first team and second team in Man City?

(5) Who are you deceiving with young lads pic that will spend 100 years unheard at Man City and eventually get sold to one useless championship clubs? You think we don't know it it goes?

The truth is: Kelechi's father is so greedy. He went for the money and not for the career of his son. Do you think if ordinary Watford or Hackney boys FC offer higher amount than the amount Man City offered his son, do you think he wont also go for Watford or Hackney boys FC too? That is the picture of a greedy father.

Manchester City is a not a good destination for such a talented striker where he will never get more games. Thats my point. I'm only after more games for him. How many more games his grandfathers in football has got e.g Jovetic, Dzeko, Guidetti. Now lest go to U18, how many more games does Man City U18 strikers gets such as: Daniel LemaJoe, NuttallThierry, Ambrose? Do you know when they've been there? Do you think if those U18 strikers were in Arsenal or Porto do you think one or two of them wouldn't have been playing regular in either championship, or Scotish, or English club and will be well known?

He's still young n needs a lot of playing time and less pressure to perform to mature.

This stage of his career is very important! He should have join clubs like Arsenal, Porto, and then when he matures and becomes a better player he can leave for any bigger club of his choice again!

Moving to Arsenal or Porto will help him develop as a player, he will get more games. A few years in Portugal will help him gain experience and confidence...

Even most of Man United and Chelsea fans are reasonable enough to support Kelechi should have go for Arsenal or Porto where he would developed his talent quick and well known and then later he can join any big club he want.

Do you know the long list of young lads that has stagnated after they moved to such a club like Man City?

Just look at the likes of Fabregas, Van Persie, Wilshere, Walcott.

Another instance is Kanu Nwakwo after a notable performance at the U-17 World Championships he join Ajax... Do you think there as no offer from clubs in England then?

IF u were his father u would do same, so stop ranting,you are just jealous of d money d boy would start earning cos Mancity now has good academy facilities headed by Patrick Viera

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by FECOSON: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2013
[striker9]I dunno why people think this guy will fail at City,though City might not be the best club in managing young players but I think its good for him,facing tougher challenges from now will only boost his confidence in the future.It would have been a disaster for him to be a bench warmer in Porto just like Rabiu when he was in Lisbon.All he needs his our support and I wish him success.ok oo
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Mrvip: 7:38am On Dec 18, 2013
!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by victorlexa(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Man City is a very good choice and they
are working hard recently on their Elite Development
Squad with a youth team managed by the great
Patrick Viera. They are also contributing to growth
of football in Africa with their academy in Ghana.
They have a lot of Ghanians in their youth squad,
ready to explode. I wish our football was more
organized so that big European teams can set up
their academies in Nigeria as I think we have a
larger talent pull.even if he does not break
into their first team,he will stand a chance of
playing in a top team on loan and that will help
his develpement... Nd plz 4gt abt age,if u r good,den u r good.we jst av 2 wish d lad well.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Austinodark: IF u were his father u would do same, so stop ranting,you are just jealous of d money d boy would start earning cos Mancity now has good academy facilities headed by Patrick Viera

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Ajengogo: Funny Keshi! A man came as d player's agent, he shunned the agent; a call came later purportedly from the player's dad, he granted him leave... Is Keshi really serious?

Are you an e-ediot? Why do Nigerians think with their feet? Keshi wasn't sure about the agent besides the boy is a minor meaning his parents record, contact and phone numbers will be with the crew and NFF as he cannot make unilateral decisions alone. Purpoted indeed. Who teach you english sef... Mtchew...........

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by MRL1MPoPoTM: 7:48am On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: Even Iheanacho will CURSE you for this prayer,have you forgotten Mikel has won all the trophies in England?with Champions league and Europa.Even almighty Rooney hasn't won all,he's yet to lift FA trophy when Mikel has already lifted that 4 times.Oga always mind the kain prayer u go dey pray before people stone you.

dnt mind the neophyte, he's only huntin for attention.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by chievo: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=pro01]

That's a bad prayer. He would be more than happy (and lucky) if he "ends up" like Mikel.

Playing regularly and consistently for a big English club for about 7 seasons, earning close to £100k per week, and winning all the trophies that can be won at club level can't be such a bad way to end up........
cllect 2 bottles of Star dea...dnt wrry abt d money i go pay dem...
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 7:59am On Dec 18, 2013
I don't know why some people are so pained about this, I'm very sure same people supported Mikel's move to Chelsea but now City is wrong. Could it be because he didn't go to their favorite club? Better to go to Portugal if he doesn't want to play for Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea than to go and play under 'the enemy' in EPL ko? At least there's one less prodigy to worry about if he isn't in EPL. Abeg he has gone for discussions, he hasn't even signed anything from what we hear, what's all the fuss about? Even C. Ronaldo's career didn't skyrocket till he got to the EPL, and he was past 21 then, Iheanacho has many years ahead of him to determine his success or otherwise, just chill abeg
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by tellwisdom: 8:02am On Dec 18, 2013
Even people wey no knw anything about football dey talk sad
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2013
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET IN REWARD AS A GREEDY FATHER

LATEST NEWS:

Man City to send Iheanacho to Ghana

But technocrats like Victor Ikpeba repeatedly fumed against Iheanacho moving to ManCity as offers came from Porto in Portugal. Ikpeba said that the young player was being misled, arguing that he had a better chance of playing first team football in Portugal and developing in the Portuguese league than moving to England where it may take him a long time to find his feet. Iheanacho’s family and agents did not heed Ikpeba’s advice. But with the latest development Ikpeba appears vindicated.

ManCity plan to enroll Iheanacho into their academy in Ghana where he will wait until he earns enough caps to qualify for a work permit.
Nigeria coach Keshi revealed Iheanacho had been released from training to start negotiations with City.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/man-city-send-iheanacho-ghana/#sthash.6wt39IZ7.dpuf

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Bizibi(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: I dunno why people think this guy will fail at City,though City might not be the best club in managing young players but I think its good for him,facing tougher challenges from now will only boost his confidence in the future.It would have been a disaster for him to be a bench warmer in Porto just like Rabiu when he was in Lisbon.All he needs his our support and I wish him success.
this guy won't get a place in man city haba look at d first team guys and the sub guys not to talk abt feeder team,he made a very big mistake

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Signs Ferland Mendy / Round 4 Draws Of The Fa Cup In Full / Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.