Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,531 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City (25808 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Don’t Sign For Chelsea, Abuja Fans Tell Eaglets / Iheanacho To Join U20 AYC Final Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
I chastised his father for pushing him to an ill fate also. I'm not excited he'll be playing for City, but what can I do? Like I said, he can always move to another club once the City contract expires if he doesn't like the place, why are people talking as if the boy will die in Man Shittty? Someone with a passion for the game can NEVER be frustrated, once you've got it, you've got it. Iheanacho has age on his side, the Chrisantus we are shouting about was at least 21, make we talk true, why the comparison? Man City was a bad choice- agreed, but make we just support am
TouchDown:

Babe, its not a question of support. I'm sure its because people want to see him do well they are disappointed he chose Man. City. I'm certain his advisers could have done better than this.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by geesilver(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: Spot on jare,exactly my point,I remember when Rabiu joined Lisbon,he was given a warm reception with Limo ride that a young star has arrived.I guess we all the outcome of his trade in Portugal.
ℓ̊ wish to remind ƴƠƲ that amuneke brothrs once played in porugal league likewise nwakwo kanu fc porto who says these guyss are not stars, if they can make. It there why not him. ƳƠƲ guy just want to mislead him
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by geesilver(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: Spot on jare,exactly my point,I remember when Rabiu joined Lisbon,he was given a warm reception with Limo ride that a young star has arrived.I guess we all the outcome of his trade in Portugal.
ℓ̊ wish to remind ƴƠƲ that amuneke brothrs once played in porugal league likewise nwakwo kanu fc porto who says these guyss are not stars, if they can make. It there why not him. ƳƠƲ guys just want to mislead him
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by geesilver(m): 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
iamdhebuck: anyone who thinks this guy would have walked into Porto's team needs to have his head re examined.
ƴƠƲ don't need to insult anybdy before ƴƠƲ mak your point, all we are sayin Ís that at porto he has A̶̲̥̅ better chance to develope hȋ̝̊̅ڪ career before joining big team.can ƴƠƲ tell how many man city first team player Ȋ̝̊̅§ less than 20, not even 1 so that means in the next 3 years he will bε silent or bε sited on bench. ℓ̊ hope his decision Ȋ̝̊̅§ right.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by kraftyiyk: 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
I wonder why many Nigerians exhibit weak mentality, if this lad was to have a white skin, at this age, same set of Nigerians will even recommend him for Barca team A...how many yrs was Fernando Torres when he captained Athletico Madrid?..17!!! , Yes MAN CITY is a big club but it's not entirely impossible for IHEANACHO to feature in,they came calling for this Guy, they toppled money on what others are pricing, they sent their scout's down to Nigeria to convince the boy's parent's, do you think they are fools? WHAT IS WRONG IN HAVING A NIGERIAN SOCCER PRODIGY PLAYING FOR BIG EPL CLUB? peeps should grow up for God's sake., stop comparing him with Mikel, Chrisanthus, or whoever, afterall, everybodies destiny is not the same. i have spoken.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by ayuntin: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
WHY U SAY SO?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by GHKWAME1: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
I don't get the noise people are making over this deal. I think there is a consensus that the young man is supposed to be in an academy, I guess the bone of contention now is the location of the academy right? Y'all would not have had a problem if the academy was in London huh?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by mrteee: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: I don't know why some people are so pained about this, I'm very sure same people supported Mikel's move to Chelsea but now City is wrong. Could it be because he didn't go to their favorite club? Better to go to Portugal if he doesn't want to play for Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea than to go and play under 'the enemy' in EPL ko? At least there's one less prodigy to worry about if he isn't in EPL. Abeg he has gone for discussions, he hasn't even signed anything from what we hear, what's all the fuss about? Even C. Ronaldo's career didn't skyrocket till he got to the EPL, and he was past 21 then, Iheanacho has many years ahead of him to determine his success or otherwise, just chill abeg

CORRECTION - CR7 was 18, not 21 when he joined United in 2003.
And to the Mikel issue, please lets all recollect that Mikel finished the 2005 U-21 world cup as runner-up mvp, second only to Messi, but where is Messi today and where is Mikel? like a friend of mine once said - while the friends that Mikel were chasing grasshoppers together have grown up to be hunting deers and lions, Mikel is still hunting grasshoppers and lizards! This situation pains me at heart. Mikel is not suited to be a defensive midfielder, he is a very good creative midfielder/playmaker, but sadly the situation at chelsea fc that time saw him being shunted to a DM role. To prove this compare his bold performances when he plays for the national team in his more suited role of playmaker/advanced CM against his tentative performances for Chelsea as a DM. If Mikel has achieved his full potential (or even 70%), there is no reason why he shouldn't be amongst the nominees for Balon D'or.
I hope Iheanacho, when he eventually breaks into the Man City first team, would get to play in his most suited/strongest role and not played out of position. I fervently pray we get to see him realise his full potentials. Best wishes for him.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Comparing two different people again
mr_teee:

CORRECTION - CR7 was 18, not 21 when he joined United in 2003.
And to the Mikel issue, please lets all recollect that Mikel finished the 2005 U-21 world cup as runner-up mvp, second only to Messi, but where is Messi today and where is Mikel? like a friend of mine once said - while the friends that Mikel were chasing grasshoppers together have grown up to be hunting deers and lions, Mikel is still hunting grasshoppers and lizards! This situation pains me at heart. Mikel is not suited to be a defensive midfielder, he is a very good creative midfielder/playmaker, but sadly the situation at chelsea fc that time saw him being shunted to a DM role. To prove this compare his bold performances when he plays for the national team in his more suited role of playmaker/advanced CM against his tentative performances for Chelsea as a DM. If Mikel has achieved his full potential (or even 70%), there is no reason why he shouldn't be amongst the nominees for Balon D'or.
I hope Iheanacho, when he eventually breaks into the Man City first team, would get to play in his most suited/strongest role and not played out of position. I fervently pray we get to see him realise his full potentials. Best wishes for him.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
geesilver: ℓ̊ wish to remind ƴƠƲ that amuneke brothrs once played in porugal league likewise nwakwo kanu fc porto who says these guyss are not stars, if they can make. It there why not him. ƳƠƲ guys just want to mislead him
Amuneke became a star,Kevin @ 17yrs old played in his youths with Benfica and
F.C. Porto, in both cases representing only
the RESERVED teams.He had to leave Nacional when he was not used at all,an already experienced player in Portugal,he had to move back to Osters IF in Sweden for first team football and you call him a star?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Ezemust: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: Don't be quick to judge, he just may avoid drowning, he can always transfer to another club if Man City doesn't favor him. I'm pissed as hell at the decision cuz I REALLY wanted him to show his stuff at CHAN, but I'm trying desperately to look on the bright side here
how ur husband nw?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by nijanigga: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Wrong move, dad only prayed to $ not God, so dad's greed prevailed, but all the same good luck to the lad.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ezemust: how ur husband nw?
you mean my love Mikel, he's doing well, though he's a little bummed by their loss to Sunderland last night.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by walata2011(m): 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
I can't see any sense in the family's decision to send Iheanacho to Man City. Portugal could have been a better place for his development.
At his age EPL will be too tough for him physically, he needs a place where he can be nurtured to improve his game both physically and technically without any undue pressure.
Anyway, I wish him the best in his sojourn to England.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by ShyDare(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Even though I dislike man city (a man utd fan) man city is nt bad lyk dat. He cud b loaned out or sold 2anoda club later. D boi is gud, am sure he wil break into d 1st team in 1 and half yrz time & blossom in2 a superstar.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Ikenna94: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
solomon111: Even chelsea is a better destination than mancity.
With probably the best youth devt programme and facilities in Europe,coupled with the fact that he would've been loaned to vitesse arnhelm(chelsea B) in holland who are currently toping the dutch league, to develop the technical aspect of his game.
He would have been a good replacement for lucas piazon who is coming back to chelsea next season after a good spell in holland.
What a waste.
who told u dat vitesse are toping d dutch league?bsides piazon is fumbling at vitese.let d young man be.is it easy 2 play for man city.he wil ve d chance of playing in d uefa youth league plus epl youth leagu nd u21 league
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Congratulation: 1:16am On Dec 19, 2013
Is true oooo, where is dat guy self?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by baronkeo(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2013
Veri wrong decision...Man City has players that are far better than him on their bench...he'll most likeli b sold off after a long tym on d bench....tho d money is gud sha
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 8:17am On Dec 19, 2013
Or he could be loaned out and if he's able to prove himself in other clubs, he might actually get some action. Why do you guys talk as if Toure is 22, when the dude is quarter to retire, even if it takes 3 years, the current Man City team could be gone by then, what's all this about? Give it time
baron_keo: Veri wrong decision...Man City has players that are far better than him on their bench...he'll most likeli b sold off after a long tym on d bench....tho d money is gud sha
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Bizibi(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: Or he could be loaned out and if he's able to prove himself in other clubs, he might actually get some action. Why do you guys talk as if Toure is 22, when the dude is quarter to retire, even if it takes 3 years, the current Man City team could be gone by then, what's all this about? Give it time
look at the team from top to bottom,I mean from the 1st team sub and feeder team,the only advantage he will have is when thy loan him to a good club and maybe the club will consider making him deir player but fr him to play in d first team in man city will be impossible
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Fine then, we'll take it
Bizibi: look at the team from top to bottom,I mean from the 1st team sub and feeder team,the only advantage he will have is when thy loan him to a good club and maybe the club will consider making him deir player but fr him to play in d first team in man city will be impossible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Signs Ferland Mendy / Round 4 Draws Of The Fa Cup In Full / Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.