Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (488982 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 4:40am On Oct 02, 2015
You will be asked for both seperately I think, so wait till it shows up in your Minerva. [/quote]

Bro when I read their instructions on how to submit supporting documents concerning the MCF Scholar Program, they said upload all of my high school transcripts covering the last three years of study and all my external exam results (if applicable). These documents are all submitted together as one PDF file. That is what I saw on their page
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ekoson95(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2015
toboy:

Community service refers to those ways you could have rendered a selfless (volunteer) service to your community/humanity. It might be in the church, secondary/primary school, Agricultural development agency, governmental or Non-governmental organisations. if you have participated in a number of them emphasize on the one that will highlight your leadership potentials, the one that will make you outstanding and the one that is relatively related to your future career aspirations. If you have never participated in any form of community/humanity services, I advise you engage in one as quick as you can and then highlight that in your application in order to boost your application chances.

Thanks bro.

One more thing, when participating in such community service, certificates are not usually issued. So if I indicate such community service in my application, how do they verify the authenticity of such claim?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2015
Bro when I read their instructions on how to submit supporting documents concerning the MCF Scholar Program at McGill University, they said upload all of my high school transcripts covering the last three years of study and all my external exam results (if applicable). These documents are all submitted together as one PDF file. That is what I saw on their page.

Please can somebody help me on how I should do that.

Thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
ekoson95:

Thanks bro.

One more thing, when participating in such community service, certificates are not usually issued. So if I indicate such community service in my application, how do they verify the authenticity of such claim?

They usually ask for address and phone number of the organisations you filled in. Though they don't usually have time to call each and everyone of these organisations but you never can tell. You wouldn't want your wonderful application to get disqualified because filled in details that are not authentic.

2 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ekoson95(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
toboy:

They usually ask for address and phone number of the organisations you filled in. Though they don't usually have time to call each and everyone of these organisations but you never can tell. You wouldn't want your wonderful application to get disqualified because filled in details that are not authentic.

Thanks for the insight bro
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Bro please I want to ask that the WASSCE results slip that you will attach to your transcript when submitting your documents, is the school you completed that will have to stamp it or you have to request for attested copy of your results slip straight from WAEC?

Thank you
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
ekoson95:

Thanks for the insight bro
you are welcome
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmanuelasante9:
Bro please I want to ask that the WASSCE results slip that you will attach to your transcript when submitting your documents, is the school you completed that will have to stamp it or you have to request for attested copy of your results slip straight from WAEC?

Thank you
I want to believe any of the two can serve. personally, I advice you use original WAEC result or an attested copy form waec.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
toboy:

I want to believe any of the two can serve. personally, I advice you use original WAEC result or an attested copy form waec.

By your saying you mean
I have to request a attested copy of my WAEC results from WAEC and attach it to the transcript?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
Good evening house,

when applying for UBC i could not indicate my department i wanted to apply to. I could only indicate the degree program i want i.e bachelor of science
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmanuelasante9:

By your saying you mean
I have to request a attested copy of my WAEC results from WAEC and attach it to the transcript?
Yes, If and only if you do not have your original WAEC certificate.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
Vicmonzan:
Good evening house,

when applying for UBC i could not indicate my department i wanted to apply to. I could only indicate the degree program i want i.e bachelor of science
ok, Thanks for telling us. cheesy.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
Today I checked University of British Columbia (UBC) website and found out that one must first apply for admission and must be nominated by a recognized non-profit organization in order to be eligible for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program.

My question is how can I be selected by a recognized non-profit organization if I am applying for the scholarship?

Thank you.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
toboy:

Yes, If and only if you do not have your original WAEC certificate.

I have my original WAEC Certificate and I don't want to send them the official Certificate so can I ask my previous High School make a copy of it and stamps it for it to become official?

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmanuelasante9:

I have my original WAEC Certificate and I don't want to send them the official Certificate so can I ask my previous High School make a copy of it and stamps it for it to become official?

Thanks for the reply.
If you are referring to UBC, you do not need to mail your hard copy certificate. They accept scanned documents.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Raphael9(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
pls has anyone EVER being offered admission to mcGILL university, Canada? I need guidance, it'd be highly appreciated.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ofemco: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
I am here to introduce another innovation in school management to you. It is not something new but it is much affordable and easy to manage than the ones you have heard about. It is also what you can also introduce to your school no matter your population and budget which give your school an edge over your competitors. Just like WAEC Examination, your students can buy result checking scratch card in the school and go to the internet or use internet enable phones to check their school examinations results (First Term Exam, Second Term Exam, Third Term Exam, Entrance Exam, Common Entrance Exam, Etc). You make extra income on the sales of the Scratch cards and parents can check their students result anywhere in the world.

Yes I know some of your parents may not be able to use the internet or go to cyber-café to check students’ results. All you need to do is get a small generator, a laptop, a desktop printer and an internet modem. You help parents check the result from the school and you can charge up to N200 per result been check apart from the money made from the sales of scratch cards.

You need to know that:

• Megafemco Online Schools Result Checking Solution is the first online schools result checking solution, others are School Management System with a lot of complications.
• It is very affordable and easy to use and can be used with or without a School Website.
• Comes with specialized scratch cards for checking result just like WAEC, JAMB, Etc.
• Schools now make extra income through the sales of scratch cards and by helping students check their results online.
• The cost of printing Report Sheets, Report Cards is now eliminated.
• The time taken by teachers and administrative staff to compile results is now reduced has only test and examination scores are input and the SOLUTION do all other computation.
• Calculation errors are eliminated as the system handles the calculation aspect of the result compilation. The system calculates the highest, lowest and average scores, percentages, etc.
• A specialized result checking portal (www.resultdirect.org) which means students result is online even when the school website is under maintenance or without a school website.
• Schools can compile student test and examination scores off-line (without the internet) using MS Excel Sheet and upload the scores on-line (with the internet).
• The SOLUTION can also be induced into school website so that students check their result directly from the school website.

We are given out 40% special discounts to Schools who sign up for Megafemco Online Schools Result Checking Solution on or before December 11th, 2015 in our Nigeria @ 55 Independent Promo. Below are the different packages for Megafemco Online Schools Result Checking Solution. For more information Call: 08144060069, 09053530178 or email: ofemco@gmail.com you can also visit www.resultdirect.org.

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
Raphael9:
pls has anyone EVER being offered admission to mcGILL university, Canada?
I need guidance, it'd be highly appreciated.
I have. what sort of guidance do you need?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Raphael9(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
toboy:

I have. what sort of guidance do you need?
okay sir are u on bbm or whatsapp? 5619654D whatsapp +2348083496076 my email is essesonahmed@yahoo.com I'd like to know if u wrote SAT or TOEFL
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by youngkerry: 12:07am On Oct 03, 2015
Toboy pls and pls give me a contact to wich i can reach u...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 12:21am On Oct 03, 2015
Raphael9:
okay sir are u on bbm or whatsapp? 5619654D whatsapp +2348083496076 my email is essesonahmed@yahoo.com I'd like to know if u wrote SAT or TOEFL
Canadian Universities do not require SAT for admission from Nigreians. If you did your High school in Nigeria, you do not need TOEFl either as English is both the Official and Educational language. (Exception: If you studied in Islamic/Arabic high school).
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 12:22am On Oct 03, 2015
youngkerry:
Toboy pls and pls give me a contact to wich i can reach u...
you can use nairaland's mail.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by effissyman(m): 5:22am On Oct 03, 2015
Pls My Fellow Nairalander, Am Begging U In The Name Of God,
I Want To Start My Own Mcgill Application Bt I Dnt Realy Know Wic One That Come First, Maybe I Should Apply First Or Mayb My Consellor First.
Pls If U Av Applied Or U Ar Already Through With Ur Own Please Kindly Help Me Out On The Steps. I Will Appreciate It If U Can Send Me Ur Number Or Email. Thanks And God Bless.
Email: Adusteven93@gmail.Com.
Number: 08149549160
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Raphael9(m): 6:03am On Oct 03, 2015
toboy:

Canadian Universities do not require SAT for admission from Nigreians. If you did your High school in Nigeria, you do not need TOEFl either as English is both the Official and Educational language. (Exception: If you studied in Islamic/Arabic high school).
okay thank you very much sir, av already forwarded my application number, I was told to wait for minimum 10 businesses days
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2015
toboy:

If you are referring to UBC, you do not need to mail your hard copy certificate. They accept scanned documents.

I don't mean UBC I mean McGill University
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 8:31am On Oct 03, 2015
toboy:

WHat about Ghanaian students applying at McGill University?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by toboy: 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
emmanuelasante9:

WHat about Ghanaian students applying at McGill University?
you don't need both TOEFL and SAT
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
chrisviral:

Read a page back, I'm sure someone did that already!

I'm doing great!

You will be asked for both seperately I think, so wait till it shows up in your Minerva.

So you mean I should send them my High School Transcript for now and wait for the External Exam Result to show up?
The screenshot shows the documents that has appeared on my Minerva by now.

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmanuelasante9: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
toboy:

you don't need both TOEFL and SAT

You said I don't need both TOEFL and SAT. Are you trying to mean that I am required to send one of those?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by youngkerry: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
Pls Toboy don't get wat u meant by nairaland mail...I jez need u email,fb user name or something...nairaland seems slow to get a response
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
Is anyone applying for mcfs at duke and stanford university
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Raphael9(m): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
pls, are we required to pay any application fee at university of British Columbia? cc toboy

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.