Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (489850 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
pls dnt post such tin!! Do u wnt to put fear in d mind of people
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
modewap: Have wanted to post this but i'm thinking how you guys would lash me..

Guys see this.

Romans 8:28 — And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Be not afraid!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by PrinceMario(m): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2014
PrinceMario: for those using gce result(external),do they still need to collect their sec skul transcript tho' they aint using their school O'level result.
someone should please respond to this.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2014
PrinceMario: someone should please respond to this.
yeah..... its still needed sire
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by PrinceMario(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sunnycent: yeah..... its still needed sire
Okay...thanks bro.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
f.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
cryptography:

GCE is a red Flag
meaning?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by PrinceMario(m): 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
cryptography:

GCE is a red Flag
Red flag!!! please,i dont understand what u mean by that. more light please.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by PrinceMario(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
cryptography:

The mastercard foundation is seeking to help young school leavers........................ according to WAEC , GCE rules out that statement............... knowing that most of us are not sec. school leavers (another red flag), it would not be so safe to use GCE
chrisviral got the scholarship,and he wasnt a fresh school sec sch graduate then. the finished like three years back as at last year and he still got it. he used internal waec though.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2014

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by PrinceMario(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
cryptography:

thats my point exactly... being out of school is bad, but butressing it with GCE is a disaster

Disclaimer: A trial wouldn't hurt, i'm not an official
i got ur point bro....but the requirements are; submit all documents the qualifies you for admission in your country. thus,GCE(waec) is acceptable in any nigerian uni. i think the case here is the grades and not the type of waec.
my questions was,do one need go back to his school to get his transcript? thought he isnt making use to the school certificate.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
PrinceMario: i got ur point bro....but the requirements are; submit all documents the qualifies you for admission in your country. thus,GCE(waec) is acceptable in any nigerian uni. i think the case here is the grades and not the type of waec.
my questions was,do one need go back to his school to get his transcript? thought he isnt making use to the school certificate.

yes............ remember you're dealing with top international schools and not nigerian unis
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
A Lot of you have been calling me and asking for my contact when I get to Canada...

Well on Sunday Algorithm, nadena and another Nigerian guy (u don't know him) will be travelling to canada... I won't.

I have issues with the Immigration people, so for now I am and might be in Nigeria for a long time, so please when next you call me, just ask me your questions and don't ask when I'm travelling.

God bless you guys!
Good luck to all applicants!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ahmeen: Must I write ielts or gre or both cos I v a letter from my UG schl dat I studied in english previously....any suggestion?mayb I shud try Mastercard dis yr...

GRE and IElTS does not stand for the same thing.
The former is for business students and the latter is for everyone that wants to study in an english speaking country, though Canadian universities don't ask for the latter.
But as a business student, on PG level, you need GRE
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Huh GCE, seriously, you are on your own! But well you could try sha, let's use you as case study and find out if it works!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello chrisviral, I just stumbled on this thread and boy am i glad! I would like to know if the applications for the course of your choice goes along side the application for scholarship or is it one of those get-admission-first-then-try-and-get-scholarship, I'm going for MSc. Thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
WhyNa: Hello chrisviral, I just stumbled on this thread and boy am i glad! I would like to know if the applications for the course of your choice goes along side the application for scholarship or is it one of those get-admission-first-then-try-and-get-scholarship, I'm going for MSc. Thanks

You apply for the scholarship alongside the admission.
If you get the admission, then your application will be forwarded to the foundation, it you are selected, then you have the scholarship but if not, you will still have your admission but not the scholarship!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by PrinceMario(m): 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
cryptography:

yes............ remember you're dealing with top international schools and not nigerian unis
Ok...thanks.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by PrinceMario(m): 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
chrisviral: A Lot of you have been calling me and asking for my contact when I get to Canada...

Well on Sunday Algorithm, nadena and another Nigerian guy (u don't know him) will be travelling to canada... I won't.

I have issues with the Immigration people, so for now I am and might be in Nigeria for a long time, so please when next you call me, just ask me your questions and don't ask when I'm travelling.

God bless you guys!
i'm yet to see your p.m bro undecided
chrisviral: A Lot of you have been calling me and asking for my contact when I get to Canada...

God bless you guys!
i'm yet to see your p.m bro.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pls cn i apply wit my Waec statement of result? And i dnt hv d original because its nt upto two yrs i wrote my waec. Pls Chris which one did u use in applying
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
GabbyKelly: Pls cn i apply wit my Waec statement of result? And i dnt hv d original because its nt upto two yrs i wrote my waec. Pls Chris which one did u use in applying

I used the certificate!
But it doesn't matter any way, coz you will be asked to send a scratch card pin, exam number and exam year, so they verify themselves too.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2014
chrisviral:

I used the certificate!
But it doesn't matter any way, coz you will be asked to send a scratch card pin, exam number and exam year, so they verify themselves too.

I was smiling at the bolded.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:11am On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

Why?
I don't know about US universities, but for three Canadian universities it is very much on their website, BTW you will also be required to send your Original Certificate (directly from your school or WAEC to them by Post/mail).
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 12:28am On Aug 08, 2014
chrisviral:

Why?
I don't know about US universities, but for three Canadian universities it is very much on their website, BTW you will also be required to send your Original Certificate (directly from your school or WAEC to them by Post/mail).

You were very correct. I was only thinking about the lengths the schools go to to verify results from Africa, Nigeria especially — we really have a bad international image.

Wait, If I send them the original, which one will I hold on to? I'm very sure WAEC issues one original result statement.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:49am On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

You were very correct. I was only thinking about the lengths the schools go to to verify results from Africa, Nigeria especially — we really have a bad international image.

Wait, If I send them the original, which one will I hold on to? I'm very sure WAEC issues one original result statement.

My admission officer said it's for citing, and that is after you have been admitted, so no biggy!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 12:56am On Aug 08, 2014
chrisviral:

My admission officer said it's for citing, and that is after you have been admitted, so no biggy!

Will the result be given back to you?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:58am On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

Will the result be given back to you?

Yeah I think!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 1:17am On Aug 08, 2014
chrisviral:

Yeah I think!

Ehen! It sounds better that way. Because I have only one result and WAEC office is very far from me, plus money no dey to demand a lot of official copies. They must collect copies, I'd rather buy them scratch cards to verify it.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Graviton2:

What did I do now that is making you smile @me?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 1:58am On Aug 08, 2014
Bolded:

What did I do now that is making you smile @me?

Lol. Abeg no vex. I didn't mean it that way, Sir. I was actually talking about something else. grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Briggsrowland(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2014

God bless you guys!
Mr Chris please send me a PM, would've loved to see you, buh time ain't on our side, I stay within your area, a friend of Algorithm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.