Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,607 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (487295 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 5:58am On Oct 14, 2017
I hope all undergraduate applicants are putting SAT into consideration in order to have a high chance. WAEC grades alone is not enough. Remember you're competing with thousands of applicants.

I wish you guys the best.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by CockpitSense: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2017
SlimHan:
I hope all undergraduate applicants are putting SAT into consideration in order to have a high chance. WAEC grades alone is not enough. Remember you're competing with thousands of applicants.

I wish you guys the best.
Thanks dear
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by JoshMedia: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2017
sunday83:

yes, I was interviewed, so what's the problem Sir.
How is the interview like?
Can I PM you?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by JoshMedia: 11:52am On Oct 14, 2017
SlimHan:
Its a simple process if you follow the procedure. Am even through with duke university application sef. No mind me o am just too determined to win the scholarship. hehehehehehehe
Hi, I need help concerning DuKE, Did you write SAT before applying?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by marijane59(f): 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys... Have anyone received email from university of Edinburgh to proceed step 3?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
JoshMedia:

Hi, I need help concerning DuKE, Did you write SAT before applying?
As far as Duke is concerned, SAT is compulsory.
All the best.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by JoshMedia: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
SlimHan:
All the best.
Thanks for the prompt reply
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Amandrush: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2017
Yea sure, I got an eligibility approval. in fact I have submited my Application..
marijane59:
Hi guys... Have anyone received email from university of Edinburgh to proceed step 3?

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by marijane59(f): 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
Amandrush:
Yea sure, I got an eligibility approval. in fact I have submited my Application..

I submitted my eligibility assessment, they are yet to reply me tho...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Amandrush: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2017
Are you for Graduate program or Undergraduate program? and what course do you want to study?
marijane59:

I submitted my eligibility assessment, they are yet to reply me tho...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by marijane59(f): 9:57am On Oct 16, 2017
Amandrush:
Are you for Graduate program or Undergraduate program? and what course do you want to study?

Undergraduate program. Today is the third day and they have not reply me.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Meek75(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
Can I still apply nah Mr.Chris ?
For master
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Meek75(m): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Please I need guidian here.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
frankele:
Guys ... i have completed my apication to Mcgill ... am waiting for MCF to give me an application fee waiver so i will go ahead... to start the Application for d MCF... pls does anybody knows how d process at Mcgill university and deir criteria....
Pls can u help me with the site to apply for McGill University
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by JimmySmilez: 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
marijane59:

Undergraduate program. Today is the third day and they have not reply me.
I don't know about undergraduate applications, but for postgraduate applications, the eligibility assessment is automatic.

Once you answer those questions correctly, you become eligible to move to the next stage of the application process.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chaiks: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
please any successful masters applicant so far here. I v received email of my application ID No to proceed. I want to be clear about the eassay.like what questions do they ask? is it statement of purpose like applying to normal university? for English test,if its a must ,how do I do it because I have registered but I'll be writing on DEC 9 ? do I scan transcript and recommendation letters and upload in d process? am in a fist please.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Djex614: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
when given the McGill I'd and pin, how do I submit the MCFSP application form?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Dalmakz: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2017
Amandrush:
Hello please, I have applied for graduate program at University of british columbia, If I get the admission how do I contact Mastercard fund to help fund the application? also can you apply to more than one school that mastercard funds sponsors ? like UBC, Edinburg, MSU etc?

According to what is on their website, You have to apply to The MasterCard foundation scholarship program at The University of British Columbia firstly. Then after that, they will now notify you if you are worthy to apply for a place of admission. In all, you will have to successful with the scholarship first, then they will now assist you in your admission hustle

And of course you can apply to as many schools as possible that partners with the MasterCard foundation

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by sKeetz(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
Please which school can I apply for that doesn't need sat or any language proficiency tests?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 2:12am On Oct 23, 2017
Dalmakz:

According to what is on their website, You have to apply to The MasterCard foundation scholarship program at The University of British Columbia firstly. Then after that, they will now notify you if you are worthy to apply for a place of admission. In all, you will have to successful with the scholarship first, then they will now assist you in your admission hustle

And of course you can apply to as many schools as possible that partners with the MasterCard foundation
In as much as you are in line, let me clear some issues to avoid confusion.

UBC MCF (Masters Application) -.

1. You mail the Program Coordinator, send them your transcript and they decide if you're eligible to apply for scholarship or not.

2. If you're eligible, they send you a form to fill, with 5 essays to write. After filling the form, you attach your essay, 2 reference letters, and other supporting documents like CV, transcripts, and certificates.

3 Upon receipt of your application package, MCF will direct you to apply to UBC and guide you to waive application fee.

4 If you receive admission from UBC, good. Your department will nominate you for MCF Scholarship (remember you have already submitted your application package to them).

5. Selection committee will decide on awarding the scholarship and results will be announced by March 2018.

Hope the steps was explicit enough.

Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kennynelcon(m): 12:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
drhammed:
In as much as you are in line, let me clear some issues to avoid confusion.

UBC MCF (Masters Application) -.

1. You mail the Program Coordinator, send them your transcript and they decide if you're eligible to apply for scholarship or not.

2. If you're eligible, they send you a form to fill, with 5 essays to write. After filling the form, you attach your essay, 2 reference letters, and other supporting documents like CV, transcripts, and certificates.

3 Upon receipt of your application package, MCF will direct you to apply to UBC and guide you to waive application fee.

4 If you receive admission from UBC, good. Your department will nominate you for MCF Scholarship (remember you have already submitted your application package to them).

5. Selection committee will decide on awarding the scholarship and results will be announced by March 2018.

Hope the steps was explicit enough.

Cheers
McGill follows same steps too?
Is Contacting a potential Supervisor needed for either?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Magnoliaa(f): 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
maryjane59 Amandrush Djex614

Hi guys. Can I still apply for Edinburgh undergraduate 2018/19 session? I'm new to this so I'd like you all to put me through please. Thanks.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
kennynelcon:

McGill follows same steps too?
Is Contacting a potential Supervisor needed for either?

Steps for McGill is closely similar but not the same.

For McGill (Masters)

You contact the department you intend to apply to and seek nomination for MCF scholarship.

They will request for your credentials and forward it to department.

After review, department will contact you as whether you have been nominated for MCF or not.

If you have been nominated, MCF will confirm your eligibility and guide you to apply to McGill with fee waived.

Note: The nomination is done by a professor in the department you're applying to. Hence you don't have to contact them yourself.

I attached list of Program eligible for funding by MCF.

This was the message I got from McGill.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kennynelcon(m): 5:52am On Oct 24, 2017
drhammed:

Steps for McGill is closely similar but not the same.

For McGill (Masters)

You contact the department you intend to apply to and seek nomination for MCF scholarship.

They will request for your credentials and forward it to department.

After review, department will contact you as whether you have been nominated for MCF or not.

If you have been nominated, MCF will confirm your eligibility and guide you to apply to McGill with fee waived.

Note: The nomination is done by a professor in the department you're applying to. Hence you don't have to contact them yourself.

I attached list of Program eligible for funding by MCF.

This was the message I got from McGill.

Cheers.
Thank you, have you applied already?
For the M. Eng, can one choose between Thesis or (Non-thesis)
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2017
kennynelcon:

Thank you, have you applied already?
For the M. Eng, can one choose between Thesis or (Non-thesis)

Yes, am applying for MSc Plant Science. According to inquiries, they only offer Non-thesis MSc for Mastercard.

Although I don't know for Engr.

Either way, it worth trying.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by frankele(m): 9:45am On Oct 25, 2017
Josh4wod:

Hi, have you been replied now?
Yes. .. sinz... ave evn forgotten
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by frankele(m): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2017
Guys please how will i send my official Waec result and SAT score to Mcgill university i need to know
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by frankele(m): 9:52am On Oct 25, 2017
SlimHan:
All the best.
Guy abeg did u also Send TOEFL to dem?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by frankele(m): 9:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Pascal679:
please can u guide me on how to apply please .. can I get ur WhatsApp contact
Pls pascal can i get ur whatsapp number...
Am a UG applicant
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by meetanwo(m): 9:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Please my number is 08076526474,I am applying for same scholarship. Kindly add me on Whatsapp so I can be in touch please
It's now Official!
I am selected for the 2017 MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh to study MSc Africa and International Development.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ahnabelle: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
SAT is not compulsory to apply at any Canadian uni, but if u have one, go ahead, my brother got into UBC without SAT
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2017
One of the objective of MCF is to produce talented leaders that have commitments of giving back to their community. With this, I expect past Scholars to offer professional experience and build capacity of upcoming Scholars.

Chris started this forum well, and I expect other Scholars should offer considerable support to upcoming leaders.

This forum should not die, we need to give tips that can help in achieving not only in getting this scholarship but also to building critical thinking of technocrats needed to bring change.

Remember, "to whom much is given, much is expected".

I will be willing to offer professional advice based on my experience to any interested applicants.

Note: I am not an MCF scholar yet, but i hope to be with this year’s application.

Should you have any challenges, do well to ask on this forum.

Let's work towards producing many MCF Scholars.

I am an MSc applicant through MCF.

Cheers!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.