Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years (16454 Views)

'we'll Fix Power Supply Problems In 3 Years,' - Buhari / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by fokay: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
....interesting
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by TechWalker007: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ogar.monday:
Why do i tink Abati,Omokri and Okupe are not doing their job7? Instead of attacking people why not sale the good work of the president.

God bless you my brother!
I don vex for them tire.

They think they are appointed to "defend" the president?

@Taharqa, more grease to your joints. Since Okupe, Reno and Abati don't know their job please continue, we are behind you.

For me it's not just about returning GEJ in 2015, it's about Nigeria getting better and returning hope to the hearts of the masses!

4 Likes

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Anti-PROGRESS elements (APC e-warriors) have maintained a safe distance from this thread.

They are viewing as guests.
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by vizboy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

HAha ha ha falls from rice tree
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by cjrane: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
[size=15pt]SO WHY HAVE THEY NOT BANNED RICE IMPORTATION TO HELP THESE FARMERS AND INVESTORS LAUNCH A RICE REVOLUTION?[/size]
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
This is a good development and a plus to this administration. I am happy nobody in the opposition APC,nPDP, and the Generals inclusive has been able to question GEJ transformation policies. All they are scared of is the possibility of snipers been trained somewhere in their imagination and corruption in fantasy Island. I look at this people and I realized the proverb " A murderer who kill others with a sword wont be too happy to see someone pointing at him with a table knife" Because they killed and assassinate their political opponent, they feel GEJ will do same to them and because they stole the country and their state blind,they feel GEJ will steal and compete with them.

5 Likes

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ogar.monday:
Why do i tink Abati,Omokri and Okupe are not doing their job7? Instead of attacking people why not sale the good work of the president.
That is, hmm? If you knew how long and effort it took me to get and gather these Info and odas that wud be posted later, ehmn? Smtin that should be easily and readily available for all sort of people if those guys were doing their jobs. #suchashame

1 Like

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
Since the APC people are not here, I want to speak for them:

"This must be propaganda from the supporters of the retardeen.
So where is the rice na?
If APC is in power, every family would have been eaten free rice.

You people cannot deceive us!

As progre-theives, we don't see any thing in this news"

1 Like

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by theoctopus: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Even the police has undergone massive transformation. I listened to the IGP the other day and you'll be amazed the transformation that has taken place in the Nigeria police in the last 2 years. Among other things they acquired 13 helicopters. I hope I'll have time to create a thread on that soon.

Please can you give me the info on the police transformation. I know of the housing estates and police college.
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Alxmyr(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
Impressive
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
noblezone: Since the APC people are not here, I want to speak for them:

"This must be propaganda from the supporters of the retardeen.
So where is the rice na?
If APC is in power, every family would have been eaten free rice.

You people cannot deceive us!

As progre-theives, we don't see any thing in this news"

Nope, if APC was in power, every family would own a rice mill.

3 Likes

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by ochejoseph(m): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
GEJ is making Giant strides in virtually all sectors of the Nigerian Economy. Whether they write letters or drop Bombs its GEJ till 2019
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by IGBOSON1: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

^^^I thought as much! undecided
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by EzeCanada: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
First Time in My entire life. I have seen something positive in Nigeria. I am quite wowed. I don't believe in talk talk. I believe in walk walk
God bless Minister Akinwuni
God bless president Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by musiwa112: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
ople
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by ujoinme: 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
very informative thread. never knew that nigeria has gone this far in laying the foundation for mechanized and process agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
[size=15]400,000 rice farmers to benefits from FG's dry season incentives[/size]

The Federal Government says 400, 000 rice farmer will benefit from its dry season farming incentives under its 2013/2014 Growth Enhancement Support Scheme.
Dr Andrew Efisue, Technical Adviser to the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) on Rice Value Chain Agenda, announced the incentives when he met with stakeholders in Bauchi on Friday.
Efisue said the beneficiaries would be drawn from the 19 participating states, adding that the farmers would be supported with inputs to help boost their production capacity.
He said each farmer would receive three bags of fertiliser at 50 per cent discount and 25 kg improve rice seeds for free.
``The farmers will also get water pumps at 75 per cent discount. Those in Bauchi and Gombe States, in particular, will receive 80 (3HP) water pumps each.
``The pumps will serve 13,000 farmers whose data have been captured in the states.
``Thirteen (7HP) water pumps will also be distributed to farmers in Bauchi, while those in Gombe will get 12 (7HP) water pumps.
``This effort produced more than one million tonnes of rice last year in dry season farming alone, with just over 200,000 farmers drawn from 10 states.
``We intend to double or even triple the production this year,” he said
Efisue explained that the incentives would be distributed between Dec. 9 and Dec. 14, noting that it was part government’s efforts to stop rice importation by 2015.
He advised the farmers to utilise the inputs to expand their production capacity, pointing out that the problems of processing and marketing had been taking care off through value chain initiative.
He said 15 integrated rice mills had been established in Kano, Lagos, Benue, Kebbi, Jigawa, Anambra, Imo, and Niger.
According to him, the mills have a combined capacity to process 850,000 tonnes of rice.

``The Federal Government in collaboration with USAID, is also planning to establish rice collection centres across the federation for easy evacuation of paddy by the millers.

``Plan is also underway to increase tariff for the importation of rice by 110 per cent in a bid to make foreign rice very expensive,” he said.
In his remark, Alhaji Mohammed Yusuf, the Federal Director of Agriculture in Bauchi, called on stakeholders to monitor the distribution exercise to ensure that only genuine farmers received the inputs.
He said with the current attention given to the agriculture sector, oil would no longer play major role in the revenue generation of this country.
The Chairman, Bauchi State Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN), Dr Yahaya Yusuf, commended the Federal Government for the effort.
Yusuf said with the support, rice farming had become lucrative with farmers harvesting more bags of paddy per hectare.
``With the current price of rice of between N5,000 and N6,000 per bag, our farmers are now smiling to the bank.
``This is a clear indication of the profitability of the business,’’ Yusuf said.
http://sundiatapost.com/index.php/business/4-business/400-000-rice-farmers-to-benefits-from-fg-s-dry-season-incentives

After the Huge Success of the Dry Season Rice Farming this year, the 1st time Nigeria has ever successfully engaged in a Coordinated Rice Farming during the Dry instead of only the usual Raining Season, another Season involving 19 States (instead of 10 that participated last season) and over 400,000 farmers, is about beginning.

Plz, see the 1st video in pg 1 for more on Dry Season Rice Farming in some Northern States
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
*Video Capture:* Reviving Nigeria's Agricultural Sector, PART 1

A CNBC Africa Rport on the General Agric Sector, inclusive of Rice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCv0TDb0trk
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
*Video Caption:* Reviving Nigeria's Agricultural Sector, PART 2

A CNBC Africa Report on the General Agric Sector, inclusive of Rice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PdCv6nGdJs
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2013
ujoinme: very informative thread. never knew that nigeria has gone this far in laying the foundation for mechanized and process agriculture.
Lots of Info out there that are not yet in public glare. The Media handlers of d President hv been doing a terrible job in my view. This has been as much a personal journey for me as it is about me wanting to share Info. And more Info on diff sectors are coming, as I gather them...
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Tobbie9(m): 11:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Mr taharqa stop it o you're making me believe in Nigeria again cheesy
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tobbie9: Mr taharqa stop it o you're making me believe in Nigeria again cheesy
lol....dat wud be a good consequence, don't you think??
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^ How are you getting these informations? You'r too much. I just hope this very important thread could make front page.
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ^^ How are you getting these informations? You'r too much. I just hope this very important thread could make front page.
INTERNET, largely. And at considerable cost to me in terms of Time; which is a shame..
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 7:37am On Dec 19, 2013
Ozin: This is a good development and a plus to this administration. I am happy nobody in the opposition APC,nPDP, and the Generals inclusive has been able to question GEJ transformation policies. All they are scared of is the possibility of snipers been trained somewhere in their imagination and corruption in fantasy Island. I look at this people and I realized the proverb " A murderer who kill others with a sword wont be too happy to see someone pointing at him with a table knife" Because they killed and assassinate their political opponent, they feel GEJ will do same to them and because they stole the country and their state blind,they feel GEJ will steal and compete with them.
Didn't even see this b4... Great comment, guy
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2013
taharqa: INTERNET, largely. And at considerable cost to me in terms of Time; which is a shame..
You'r doing a great job for your country.
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'r doing a great job for your country.
Thnk you boo, my Bruv....
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

God bless you my brother!
I don vex for them tire.

They think they are appointed to "defend" the president?

@Taharqa, more grease to your joints. Since Okupe, Reno and Abati don't know their job please continue, we are behind you.

For me it's not just about returning GEJ in 2015, it's about Nigeria getting better and returning hope to the hearts of the masses!
Thnk you; and ENDORSED...
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by taharqa: 5:52am On Dec 21, 2013
[size=16]Commercial Banks Loan to Agric (including Rice) increases by more than 600% in a year, from #3.5bn in 2012 to more than #20billion this year[/size]

Last week, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, hosted the Central Bank of Nigeria and other commercial banks’ executives at the Zuma Hall of Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja, to discuss issues relating to lending to the ministry’s transformation programmes and farmers across the country.
In his speech, Dr. Adesina said the partnership between the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture has moved agriculture forward in the last two years. ‘The amount of lending going into agricultural sector has increased,’ he said.

‘We started last year a programme called the Growth Enhancement Scheme in which we get seeds and fertilizer to our farmers. That scheme is very important because is the scheme we used to end 40 years of corruption in fertilizer and seed distribution in this country,’ Adesina stated.
The minister told the gathering that between 1980 and 2010, the total amount the federal government put into fertilizer subsidies was about N873 billion. But N776 billion of that ‘literally just developed legs and hands and walked away’ because government was buying and selling the fertilizer, but farmers were not getting it. “Farmers were getting poorer while government kept spending more money,” he said.
“We cleaned up the corruption of 40 years in 90 days,” because fertilizer and seeds are sold directly to farmers through the electronic wallet system - the scheme where dealers use mobile phones to get seeds and fertilizer to the farmers.
[b]“Government no longer sells fertilizer, but of course none of that will work if there was no money in the system. That was why the Ministry of Agriculture and the Central Bank worked on the programme called Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk-Sharing System Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL). The whole idea of NIRSAL is to reduce risk of lending by banks to the agricultural sector,” the minister said.
According to Dr. Adesina, last year, commercial banks lent a total of N3.5 billion to the Growth Enhancement Programme, GES, of the federal government; apart from the same amount given to fertilizer and seed companies. “This year it’s almost close to N20 billion,” he added.
The minister listed the banks that have done so well in this regard to include, Access Bank, Diamond Bank, Enterprise Bank, FCMB Bank, Mainstreet Bank, Sterling Bank, Unity Bank, Zenith Bank and the Bank of Agriculture. “So as we continue to fix the value chain, we continue to reduce the risk of lending by banks,” he said.
[/b]Last year, the ministry started a programme where 1.5 million farmers were registered. Looking at it from the average size of household, this means 7 million persons were impacted by the programme. “For this year, just this rainy season, we have already reached 4.2 million farmers directly with the electronic wallet scheme,” he stated.
The minister pointed out that since agriculture is no longer a development activity but business, lending by commercials banks has increased significantly and investment in the sector is also increasing because in the last 18 months, the sector has witnessed $4 billion worth of investment. “The future billionaires of Nigeria will come from the agricultural sector,” he said.
The Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, represented by the Deputy Governor, Financial System Stability, Mr. Kingsley Moghalu, said the partnership between the central bank and the ministry produced NIRSAL. He stated that the partnership has brought the two institutions; one responsible for the financial system, the other responsible for agriculture, to work together to make a difference.
Moghalu said the central bank reforms are based on four pillars: the first pillar is to enhance the quality of banks; the second pillar is to establish financial stability; third is to facilitate the evolution of a healthy financial system mostly through reforms in the payment system and a new banking model; and the fourth pillar is to encourage banks to lend to the real economy, and that is where agriculture comes in.
“We believe that we are the central bank of a developing country, and so it is not enough to look at monetary policy, it is not enough to just work on banking supervision, we have to make sure, as the guardian of the financial system, that the institutions we supervise make their contributions to the economy of Nigeria becoming a solid, sound economy that is not based on rent and rent-seeking, but based on real production of food, industrial manufacturing, agro processing and so on, and that is where we are going,” Moghalu stated.
He said what the central bank was doing in this regard was to de-risk lending to agriculture because what has kept banks from lending to agriculture is the ‘fear factor’, and so if the apex bank could de-risk the whole process, lending can proceed on commercial basis. He said NIRSAL as a different approach to development finance, is market-based.
Other bank executives at the occasion shared their different experiences in lending to farmers in a section moderated by the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Mrs. Ibukun Odusote.
Mrs. Faith Tuedor-Matthews, Group Managing Director, Mainstreet Bank said they have supported the Agriculture Transformation Agenda from the onset. ‘Agriculture is good business; our experience has shown indeed it is good for business. Of the total N20 billion on the GES, we have committed N10 billion as an institution, which is 50 percent to this programme,’ she said.
The group managing director said the bank has developed a strategy which was working for them because they believe that supporting agriculture is about creating jobs, wealth and food security for the country.
Mrs.Tuedor-Matthews further said that the collection from the proceeds of the sale of fertilizer has gone well, adding that all the agro dealers have made their payments. She commended the agro dealers, and the ministry with a hope to double lending as the process gets more efficient.
Abubakar Musa from Enterprise Bank, however, noted that the bank had some challenges lending to the GES programme this year, which according to him, was purely a relationship issues. He said the issues led to the coming together of group of banks that called themselves the GES Bankers’ Forum, where they were able to articulate their concerns to the ministry.
Representatives of other banks such as Unity Bank, Bank of Agriculture and Zenith Bank lauded the programmes of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in positioning agriculture as business, which banks have now keyed into. They agreed to commit more resources into the sector with a view to creating more jobs, wealth and food security for the country in order to meet the targeted 3.5 million jobs for Nigerians by 2015

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/agriculture/11056-minister-lauds-banks-on-agric-financing-says-lending-rose-from-n3-5bn-to-n20bn

B4 now of course, Commercial Banks hardly lend money to those in Agriculture. Last year's figure of #3.5bn was by far the largest sum they have ever directed to the Sector. This year that is now over #20bn; with pledges by the Banker's Committee to further increase it next year and going forward.

And
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by Rad1cal: 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
Noted !!!
Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by deji68: 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2018
Well.....

1 Like

Re: Videos: 15 New Rice Mills Open In Nigeria In Last 3 Years by mrhowoto: 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2018
Jonathan achievements standing the test of time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Change Buhari Promised Will Not Happen Overnight – Atiku / VP Osinbajo Was Never Excluded From National Security Meetings - Premium Times / Charges Against Sowore Confirms Buhari Govt. Unprecedented Level Of Paranoia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.